Strangest Country of Origin

I was having a look at some of the top players in my current save, and discovered Nurbek Abdyldaev, an excellent attacking winger/midfielder at Real Madrid. Not all that surprising, until I had a look at his country of birth...Kyrgyzstan.

stoof0002un8.th.jpg

So what are some of the smaller countries you've seen provide the biggest stars?

bloody ell lol!

he is quality lol!

on one of my seasons Honduras produced 15-20 world class players as did Egypt!

and one random world class player from the Turks and Cacios Islands!!

If my season loaded up id print screen them!

but the season broke =[

2040 though lol!

they wear funny hats.

my strangest nationality for a top player was Qatar. Asbal Ishmalin. he wasn't a world-class player but a "leading star" in League 1.

In the context of the thread, there's nothing strange about Israel. On the other hands, you can see why Kyrgyzstan or the Solomon Islands, for example, are strange in the context.

I'm currently trying to get the entire Montserrat national team on my AFC Wimbledon team:D

Too bad only one of them actually has a chance of making my first team lol.

Given the size of the population of Montserrat, it's impressive that even one of them is good enough!

Given the size of the population of Montserrat, it's impressive that even one of them is good enough!

My ass man (the original Stuart Cash) says he's Championship/League 1 quality:) (currently in League 2)

Also fancy a striker from Crawley but he keeps resigning with them:(

The rest of the national team are crap though lol.

Also, in my PSV save, I got some good Slovenians and Hungarians on my team.:D

Titus Bramble is from Montserrat originally....

He qualifies through is grandfather.

That kind of says it all for the football nation.

I've got one of those St Pierre players aswell. Plus he has a decent left peg (and his skin/hair are always in top condition ;)). It pays to have a French staff member :thup:

garnierve5.jpg

garnierve5.f309d31c95.jpg

I also found another who my scouts said had the potential to be a leading Premiership left back but unfortunately when I found him he had already decided to retire.

I've got one of those St Pierre players aswell. Plus he has a decent left peg (and his skin/hair are always in top condition ;)). It pays to have a French staff member :thup:

garnierve5.jpg

garnierve5.f309d31c95.jpg

I also found another who my scouts said had the potential to be a leading Premiership left back but unfortunately when I found him he had already decided to retire.

He looks like Mohammed off Big Brother 9

what team is Fisher? never heard of them. what country are they from?

Fisher Athletic is a semi-pro team based in SE LDN, England. IRL they play in the Conference South....don't be fooled by the above players amazing stats- they don't have any players that good....Leroy Griffths aside.

Does it not strike anyone as a bit unrealistic? Can anyone really say that there's any chance that St. Pierre & Miquelon is ever going to produce a top-class footballer.

Yes. There was a whole thread on this started by Nepenthez if I remember correctly. The general consensus was it had to with the political and historical linkages between these minnows and larger European Nations which gives them a second citizenship. So essentially it seems the game goes 'here's a French newgen, give him a high PA' but that player is only French by second nationality.

EDIT: here's the thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=26543

Yes. There was a whole thread on this started by Nepenthez if I remember correctly. The general consensus was it had to with the political and historical linkages between these minnows and larger European Nations which gives them a second citizenship. So essentially it seems the game goes 'here's a French newgen, give him a high PA' but that player is only French by second nationality.

EDIT: here's the thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=26543

Interesting thread. Thanks for the linkie. :thup:

Nepal is in the himalayas (please look at a map). There is no reason why you can't get a player of great skill from any nation, say the best player in the world potentially is born in Spain, he gets all the best coaching and facilities and makes it. If he was born in a bit of a footballing backwater such as non-FIFA nation of Tuvalu it is highly unlikely he will get the sort of coaching he needs but he may still have the natural attributes to be a great player.

I had a regen on FM07 from Vanuatu who became a Premiership regular and he helped Vanuatu win the Asia-Oceania Cup. Also, not necessarily strangest but most suprising, there was a player who I found while managing Braintree Town who was a free agent; he had a really African name but was born in Slough :)

I see your Kyrgyzstan and raise you a St Peirre & Miquelon... And he has a girl's name.

He's (in my opinion) a better player, and playing for what may even be a more unlikely nation!

First of all, Stephane is a male name. You're confusing it with Stephanie.

StP&M is a French-owned territory. I'm not entirely sure why FM doesn't consider him French. I also had a player from French Guyana, and another from the Martiniques.

The strangest country for me? In 2014, the goalkeeper of the opposing team was from North Korea. Maybe something happened to Kim Jong Il?

Does it not strike anyone as a bit unrealistic? Can anyone really say that there's any chance that St. Pierre & Miquelon is ever going to produce a top-class footballer.

Of course there is. The unrealistic thing is that France didn't snap him up.

First of all, Stephane is a male name. You're confusing it with Stephanie.

StP&M is a French-owned territory. I'm not entirely sure why FM doesn't consider him French. I also had a player from French Guyana, and another from the Martiniques.

The strangest country for me? In 2014, the goalkeeper of the opposing team was from North Korea. Maybe something happened to Kim Jong Il?

The name thing was a bit of a joke. French players often have names considered female in England. Look at Lillian Thuram...

And yeah, at first I assumed he was French. It was only when I checked I realised French was his second nationality, while he was the superstar for a small colony...

I had a great right winger from Wallis and Futuna meaning his nationality was Wallian. Suprised a player with a PA of 194 was called up and playing for their national side rather than the french one which was his second nationality. Pretty cool I thought but theres alot of small islands round the world I suppose one could produce a great player one day.

I have a great DC from Uzbeikistan. I also have a 19 y/o AMRC who is already world class. He's from Bosnia.

Bosnia & Herzegovina is not a minor footballing nation like the ones mentioned,mind you! :D

I've had these players in my team (picked them up on free transfer):

2 strikers from Northern Mariana - one is in Bundesliga,other one a bit lower...

1 attacking midfielder from Macau - playing in Empoli now,fantastic player...

2 attacking midfielders from Bangladesh - playing in Bundesliga...

1 attacking midfielder from Nepal - playing in lower divisions in Germany...

1 goalkeeper from Palestine - playing in lower divisions in Germany...

One of the best strikers in my game is from United Arab Emirates... :)

Besides that my left-back was from Kyrgyzstan too (not a regen) while I had players from Namibia and Kazakhstan (also not regens).

what is with the Montserrat players? Everyone of them is a "good/quality signing" for LLM.

i just filtered nationality Montserrat and they literally ALL have 12/13/14 stats for dribbling, crossing, finishing....yet none of them are in the national team?

IRL I think they still could have.

Jocelyn Angloma who played for France in the 90's played for Guadalope in the Gold Cup a year or two ago.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you can play for two FIFA member nations. Of course, if Guadeloupe are a FIFA member then my thinking goes out of the window. But if not, that would explain it. I don't know whether or not Guadeloupe or St. Pierre & Miquelon are FIFA members.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you can play for two FIFA member nations. Of course, if Guadeloupe are a FIFA member then my thinking goes out of the window. But if not, that would explain it. I don't know whether or not Guadeloupe or St. Pierre & Miquelon are FIFA members.

They are not FIFA members.

They are not FIFA members.

Then I think it should be okay for a player to play for France and St. Pierre & Miquelon or Guadeloupe or whichever non-FIFA member French overseas département they happen to be from.

Archived