Name

Memphis Depay

Age at the start of the game

Club at the start of the game

PSV

Selling price

10-30 million pounds

Biography from Wikipedia

Memphis Depay (born 13 February 1994) is a Dutch footballer who plays as a left winger for Eredivisie club PSV.[2][3]

Memphis is the son of a Ghanaian father and a Dutch mother.

In 2012, Memphis decided to drop Depay from his shirt, and play with Memphis printed instead, due to his father hardly having an influence in his life.[25]

Memphis has numerous tattoos, including one that is a tribute to his grandfather. He also had a tattoo on the inside of his lip

Screenshot after 3 years at Spurs

depay_2.jpg

depay.jpg"]depay.jpg[/url]

Youtube videos

"Goals, skills, assists PSV 2013/2014"

I got him for my Liverpool side and in the first save got him for £11M and he has been brilliant and tops the charts from left inside forward and on the second save he cost me £17M so maybe a bit random.

Great player though and with Sterling on the right both wonder kids what a combination.

As I disabled transfer budgets for the first window I had to wait until January where I got him as Spurs for £27m (£5m upfront, the rest spread over 48 months due to buying several players). I had to give him £56k a week which wasn't too bad.

Arsenal and Chelsea both bid for him too so I couldn't risk being too patient in negotiations.

Got him down to 8.5mil plus a few incentives on 45k a week at Newcastle at the start of the game..

Can you do a guide to negotiation please :)

Also can we get a bit more info in this first post, think alot of people are going to be interested in this guy.

3 times the player then Reus and a ton of other established players. Can't help but think he is overrated....I can only recommend him by far my best signing and he pretty much forcing me to bench Reus.

Overrated is always a matter of perspective. But he's tearing it up this year so far. 7 goals in 7 Eredivise matches and 4 goals in 4 Europa League matches. That's after a good World Cup. So he's overrated for a reason, if he is at all.

Can you do a guide to negotiation please :)

Also can we get a bit more info in this first post, think alot of people are going to be interested in this guy.

Always start low, then when they finally negotiate (go up in .25m), go with the average of what you offered, and what they want

for example:

you start bidding at 5m

they negotiate to 10m

*ideal price around 7.5m*

your next offer is 7m

they negotiate to 8m

*noticing a pattern yet?*

your next offer is 7.25m + incentives (150k after 10 league appearances)

accepted

normally that's how signing players work, but you have to get high enough so they'd be tempted to negotiate (rather than needing to submit an offer)

wages work in a similar way, but if you start too low then you'll get the "we clearly have massive difference in valuations and decide to end" talk

so just give them a slight reduction in wages (like 85% of what they're currently on, unless they're a favoured club) and go from there

Always start low, then when they finally negotiate (go up in .25m), go with the average of what you offered, and what they want

for example:

you start bidding at 5m

they negotiate to 10m

*ideal price around 7.5m*

your next offer is 7m

they negotiate to 8m

*noticing a pattern yet?*

your next offer is 7.25m + incentives (150k after 10 league appearances)

accepted

normally that's how signing players work, but you have to get high enough so they'd be tempted to negotiate (rather than needing to submit an offer)

wages work in a similar way, but if you start too low then you'll get the "we clearly have massive difference in valuations and decide to end" talk

so just give them a slight reduction in wages (like 85% of what they're currently on, unless they're a favoured club) and go from there

To put it into context when I tried to sign him in the first season they went to non negotiable 42 million basically, I was offering like 13.5 as an opener as well. Do you have to tap the player up first to get these deals or what?

that was a hypothetical there

like I said, I got him for 13.5m at beta start (all upfront) and started with around 8m and went from there

non-negotiable can be avoided with the use of "use last negotiation", so you can go to your last offer (before their non-negotiable offer) and make it better ;)

I got him @ Norwich at the start of 2016 for about 30 mil $ ... 15m cash the rest in 2 years.

Playing him as a ML (Winger-Attacking) ... 0 results :(

28f8a9a6e1.jpg

aebf013a8f.jpg

I kind of stopped playing him since I was getting better results with another ML and also since after 30 games his wage will increase to around 110.000$/week

• 1 month later...

Im still on FM14 and managing the Netherlands/Ajax and PSV just has him sitting in their reserves, hardly playing. I've tried calling him up to the Oranje despite his lack of playing time but PSV is just letting this guy rot on the bench, and even though he's unhappy and wants to play for Ajax, but PSV wants at least 15m for him. It's doing my head in!

• 2 months later...

Has anyone had success using him up front?

Have thought about using him as a lone striker on CF(s). I think he has the impressive physical attributes to peform well in the role but I'm bit a concerned about some of his mental attributes (especially his poor teamwork).

Has anyone had success using him up front?

Have thought about using him as a lone striker on CF(s). I think he has the impressive physical attributes to peform well in the role but I'm bit a concerned about some of his mental attributes (especially his poor teamwork).

I had do that due to massive injuries from my strikers, not that impressive at all

Much more efficient as a Raumdeuter on his left wing for me

Currently playing him as IF- Support on my PSV save, finished the season with 27 goals in first season. Then PSG offered 67M for him (14.5M up front and rest in clauses) He went to PSG with 145K p/w.

Have to be one of the best player right up there.

• 3 weeks later...
should buy Bernard he is a cheaper option, and hasn't changed much from previous versions where he was a beast on the same side.

Might have to pay more for Bernard with the 3rd party ownership.

Hey guys I noticed Depay's decisions are only 10. whats the highest someone has got that to and what's the best way to increase decisions?

Train as a DLF but I think it's pointless with him since it'll barely get better. IMO better to train either long shots, finishing or free kicks on their own.

Train as a DLF but I think it's pointless with him since it'll barely get better. IMO better to train either long shots, finishing or free kicks on their own.

Thanks Jack.

Only issue I have with him at the moment half way through season 1 is his consistency. Can play like 2-3 really outstanding games then just does nothing for another 4-5.

• 4 weeks later...

Paid £5m up front and £20m after 48 months on update in 2014/2015.

Has 21 goals and 10 assists in 20 games.

Top Scorer in PL. Top Average Rating.

Play him as an IF on Attack.

Incredible player.

Guy has been a beast for me but is no one frustrated with the amount of long shots he blasts into row Z?

Way to many from the left wing, so I decided to play him upfront, nearer to the goal. Still pings so many into the fans though from the edge of the box

Archived