Pre-game editor & in-game editor new features blog

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys. I need some information about the in game and pre game editor. First, are they free or should i purchase them? What are the ways to pay for the in game editor? And is there a thread showing or telling how to use in game editor since i never used them before. Thanks a lot.

I'm having an issue with the store on my Mac where if I try to get to the Checkout, it seems to get stuck in 'processing' and tells me Steam needs accessibility from the system preferences or something along those lines. I have checked this setting and it's definitely set to on, so not sure what's going on there.

Should I report it?

I'm having an issue with the store on my Mac where if I try to get to the Checkout, it seems to get stuck in 'processing' and tells me Steam needs accessibility from the system preferences or something along those lines. I have checked this setting and it's definitely set to on, so not sure what's going on there.

Should I report it?

You should, make sure it's not your anti virus blocking it first though.

• SI Staff
I'm surprised you can't edit an individuals condition. So if someone's 70% fit on game day - the only way you can have him ready for your match is to 'remove all injuries' from your whole squad (making EVERYONE 100% fit)

You can; In edit mode on a player the condition changes to a text box where you can adjust it

The RTE this year are really great! Loads of new features. After using it for some time now there's just a few things that I miss.

* The ability to edit squad status. The AI seem to put more empathize on the squad status in their squad selection than ever so it would be great to be able to edit that in the contract screen. Several times already I've seen the AI putting their best player on the bench or the stands for a whole season just because they have a lower squad status than a player that are considerably worse. Often it's because the better player are just a "Hot prospect" or that the better player initially had "First team" as squad status and that an older player had "indespisable".

* Edit nationalities in the personal information screen. If I find a regen that has say French as first nationality and Algerian as second nationality I can put Algeria as his first nationality, but then he'll have Algeria as both first and second. Or will the game remove the second nationality if it's also set as first nationality? Either way, it would be good to be able to remove second nationalities regardless.

* Changing the hometown of players and staff.

* The ability to assign a transfer value when using the transfer player feature..

* New for this year is that we get a lot of extra filters that we can use when we search for players if the editor are available. I have two thing that I would like changed in that regard. Firstly, I'd like to see a filter added that will only show regens, or exclude all regens. Some players, like me, are only interested in buying regens and some players avoids regens at all costs. The other thing I'd like changed are that we should be able to switch off these extra filters without having to switch off the RTE. We can toggle if we want to show all players in the database in the result or not. We should be able to toggle if we want the extra filters available or not in the same way.

* The only major feature that I miss are the ability to edit feeder clubs.

* I also don't think that the feature to edit languages works. I haven't been able to edit any languages. Everytime I've tried it has just reverted back to the initial value as soon as I hit "OK".

Will it be possible to edit the club's name in the in-game editor?

Torwin.....I think this is a big request for FM16........it is frustrating using these shortened names even with the use of outside name change files added.......so SI, I officially request that the in-game editor for FM16 (unless an unprcedented patch for something like this could be added to FM15), have the ability to change the team long and short name. Thanks!

I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong thread...

I've got a question about the in-game editor..

So I had edit the attributes of a player and changed his current CA to the recommend CA but his attributes decrease.

Within a week, he had lost 1-2 points at every attribute and I don't know what I can do.

Hi I have an Issue I can't even go to the shop! when I load FM15 and go to downloads it says I have to enable to enable steam community in game from the steam settings only 1 issue with that I have on the actual steam settings and by right clicking on FM15!

steam after 2 weeks haven't responded and still trying to get this fixed any ideas?

I've purchased the editor from Steam, but I can't seem to actually edit anything? There's nothing to download from the official store even though I've had the confirmation from Steam. Is there something I need to activate?!

The editor you can purchase is the in-game one, so you need to have the game loaded. There will then be an icon for the editor you can click on once you are in your game.

You can; In edit mode on a player the condition changes to a text box where you can adjust it

This is only if you enter "Overview" dropdown menu, and select attributes, then you can edit condition (which sometimes causes game crash btw)

Nicely hidden little feature. But why has it been moved away from front profile screen where it was last year???

Could we please have an option to edit match fitness/condition on front player screen like last year?

• SI Staff
This is only if you enter "Overview" dropdown menu, and select attributes, then you can edit condition (which sometimes causes game crash btw)

Nicely hidden little feature. But why has it been moved away from front profile screen where it was last year???

Could we please have an option to edit match fitness/condition on front player screen like last year?

That sounds like a bug

• SI Staff

If you can't edit from the same place as last year that is a bug, because nothing was intentionally removed, obviously it shouldn't crash either!

If you log it in the bugs forum one of testers can look into it and get it logged so I can look into it properly

Well. Funny you mention that nothing was intentionally removed.

Have you tried FM14 and FM15 both with ingame editor active? And actually seen what I'm talking about?

Where you could edit match fitness/condition last year, you cannot this year - because they've changed the numbers to be % based.

This is NOT a bug, but a change. Skin-based change.

And I am hoping for an addition to skins, or a chance to edit the % based fitness values to be numbers so they can be edited again like last year.

I hope this post makes more sense.

In the future, maybe actually checking the games and the issues being listed by the support staff might help a bit, so they can see what players are talking about - no offense, but should make sense right?

Blaming it to be a bug, without even knowing about it shows lack of interest in researching or adressing the issue.

Hi I have an Issue I can't even go to the shop! when I load FM15 and go to downloads it says I have to enable to enable steam community in game from the steam settings only 1 issue with that I have on the actual steam settings and by right clicking on FM15!

steam after 2 weeks haven't responded and still trying to get this fixed any ideas?

can anyone please help

Well. Funny you mention that nothing was intentionally removed.

Have you tried FM14 and FM15 both with ingame editor active? And actually seen what I'm talking about?

Where you could edit match fitness/condition last year, you cannot this year - because they've changed the numbers to be % based.

This is NOT a bug, but a change. Skin-based change.

And I am hoping for an addition to skins, or a chance to edit the % based fitness values to be numbers so they can be edited again like last year.

I hope this post makes more sense.

In the future, maybe actually checking the games and the issues being listed by the support staff might help a bit, so they can see what players are talking about - no offense, but should make sense right?

Blaming it to be a bug, without even knowing about it shows lack of interest in researching or adressing the issue.

McSwifty, EdL is trying to help you out on a Sunday night (now Monday morning). From home. There is no need for you to be rude. So please cut out the snarky tone.

McSwifty, EdL is trying to help you out on a Sunday night (now Monday morning). From home. There is no need for you to be rude. So please cut out the snarky tone.

Was not trying to be "snarky".

EdL is a very helpful and nice person. And I respect that. But since he is here, I also consider him "working" when being active on the forums.

And I also expect that SIgames employes and support staff know the basics of the game, or can at least play the game with those functionalities, otherwise how can they fully support people and their questions?

EdL could have stated from the beginning that he did not know, and would forward it to Q&A.

Instead he replies "That sounds like a bug" ...How helpful is that?

If I've been too forward or too "snarky" ...Then I sincerely apologize.

But I'd hope to expect a bit more in a reply from SI support than - it sounds like a bug.

And now Slash1170 posted and with a link to clear images showing what I've been referring too.

Hopefully now its clear for all to see what we are talking about, and that we could expect some sort of official reply from SI to why THAT functionality was removed, and if it will get put back in.

Again... Sorry for being snarky.

Sincerely, Martin - an avid FM player since 1994.

thanks v.much. thought i was going mad!

it would be nice if a mod could have the courtesy to reply please.....trying to be polite here, there are lots of issues that need addressing with the pre game editor and I appreciate it takes time ,but some of them are basic stuff now that should have been addressed prior to release, and many were reported early in fm14 and still persist so no excuses for that.

There has been a fix to the erroneous Warning: Cannot find setup_discipline_rules function for rule group which was causing problems for people.

could you teach me how to fix it?

I used to reinstall the game but still face the same problem

Archived