Pre-game editor & in-game editor new features blog

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that would be really nice is a new option when you start the game that's like "Disable in game editor except for rivalries, kits, etc". That would put some variation into long saves without giving full editor access and the temptation that comes with it..

I'm absolutely loving the "official" editor! :p

I honestly think that with 4-5 new features, the editor will possibly be complete.

1. As AIK mentioned, the ability to edit Feeder/ Parent Clubs and their relationships/agreements.

2. Ability to search using extra filters (which are not shown to the user normally, but which run in the background) such as:

a) Searching by Potential/Current abilities

b) Searching for only Regens/original players.

c) Searching by Perceived Current/Potential Ability Ratings (which basically tells you how good a player is in a particular position, role and duty)

3. Ability to edit to player and staff relationships:

a) Adding/Removing Favoured personnel, clubs, etc.

b) Adding/Removing Home Grown and Nation Grown status.

c) Adding a bit of history perhaps?

4. Ability to register to a particular player for a competition. To give a bit of background:

I often have around 30 players in my first team squad. 22-23 are aged above 21 while the rest are youth. I play in the English Premier League. Sometimes it so happens that I miscalculate the amount of players that have to be registered and end up omitting 1 or 2 players because of my carelessness. So, it would be great if I could the register the said omitted players using the in-game editor.

Once again, I must emphasize on the great job that has been put in the editor! KUTGW! :)

I posted this in the In-Game Editor thread 2-3 months back.

Most of these features have found their way into the game.

Thank you so much SI! :)

From Managerdude's post these are key to me ...

- Adding/Removing Home Grown and Nation Grown status.

- Ability to register to a particular player for a competition. To give a bit of background:

I often have around 30 players in my first team squad. 22-23 are aged above 21 while the rest are youth. I play in the English Premier League. Sometimes it so happens that I miscalculate the amount of players that have to be registered and end up omitting 1 or 2 players because of my carelessness. So, it would be great if I could the register the said omitted players using the in-game editor.

If these are available (albeit to increase the registration number of players) them I'm a happy bunny :D

Looks good. Obviously the changelist for the editor is hardly going to be comprehensive at this stage, but looking forward to getting my hands on it. Particularly the feedback option for where things are going wrong - that will help the vast majority MASSIVELY if it works right.

thanks for posting details regarding the new products, there is a lot of us over in the editors hideaway as excited by the release of the editor as the game:o just a couple of questions can you explain what this means please -''When setting up a new competition – choose template''. Have the bugs that could not be addressed in the last FM14 patch been looked at:) and I haven't used the RTE just wanted to know if you can transfer/loan players and staff. Finally will be able to edit agents % ownership of players. Cheers thanks in advance:thup:

I'm excited about this:

"When setting up a new competition – choose template"

But, that could mean what I don't think it means. I would like more details about this.

In-game Editor, seems nice to freeze the stats of some players. :) I might get the In-game editor.

Great additions to the RTE! Especially the ability to transfer staff. AI clubs are way too inactive in that regard and I hate seeing old star players retire after a few years as unemployed staffs. Or that AI clubs that rise through the system rarely expand or upgrade their backroom staff.

The only thing missing now are ability to edit feeder clubs. ;)

Sounds great; one thing which will probably never happen but I would love to see would be the ability to edit player histories in the game. I try and clean them up in the pre-game editor as much as possible but there's always some that don't work. The ability to edit the histories, delete those annoying rows of zero's (i.e. when the AI has put them in the reserves prior to a transfer or when the player has been moved at the start of the season but they still have the season recorded despite not playing any kind of game); perhaps edit the fees etc

For anyone who's familiar with the pre-game editor -

How hard/long would it take to recreate this sort of format? http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/385701-FM2014-UK-League-System-%288-levels-seperate-Euro-spots-and-domestic-nation-cups%29

Bearing in mind I've only ever used the editor to swap the Old Firm for two lower league teams in the past? Used that UK league system last year and absolutely loved it so would struggle to go back to simply adding Celtic/Rangers to the Championship.

For anyone who's familiar with the pre-game editor -

How hard/long would it take to recreate this sort of format? http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/385701-FM2014-UK-League-System-(8-levels-seperate-Euro-spots-and-domestic-nation-cups)

Bearing in mind I've only ever used the editor to swap the Old Firm for two lower league teams in the past? Used that UK league system last year and absolutely loved it so would struggle to go back to simply adding Celtic/Rangers to the Championship.

have you tried the file in fm15 beta as most files created in previous versions of the game will transfer over to the new game, only issues seem to be with players. league structure/ created comps etc are working fine in the beta

have you tried the file in fm15 beta as most files created in previous versions of the game will transfer over to the new game, only issues seem to be with players. league structure/ created comps etc are working fine in the beta

Didn't even think of trying that, will give it a go tomorrow assuming my new laptop arrives. :thup:

So I only started playing football manager in 2014. I had all the face packs and logo packs and everything downloaded for it. Can I use those downloads in fm 15 or do I have to download the new ones? They take so long to download.

I believe they should work, just put them in corresponding folders in the FM15 folder inside your Sports Interactive folder.

• SI Staff
The ability to edit kits... idk if the 'new' kits will show up on the match engine (I'd assume they would otherwise what's the point)

You kept that pretty quiet SI! Absolutely loving it

They will and it was annouced ;)

Archived