Why are my transfers going through in January instead of going through immediately?

Has anyone encountered this problem before? I'm trying to sign a player during the summer transfer window and I "can't" sign him immediately, I have to wait until January! The transfer offer clearly states "Next available" and the transfer window ISN'T closed!

Is there a solution to this problem?

It has happened with 2 players I tried to sign. I loaded and tried to sign one of them first and then sign the other but regardless of which one I choose to sign first the second one will only come through in January.

Both players are at their clubs, so they're not loaned out and both clubs are from countries where the transfer window is open.

OK, this is getting even weirder... it only happens after a certain date. The transfer window in the Romanian First Division, where my club plays, starts on the 13th of June. One of the players I'm trying to sign is from that league and the other is from the Argentinian Premier Division. It seems that if I wait until the 1st of July multiple transfers can go through but until that date I can only sign one player. HOWEVER, this seems to be influenced by other factors as well. I will investigate further and come back here with a more detailed set of steps.

Archived