4-3-3 SchemeServe (FM15)

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great work EdJames, I'm super impressed with this tactic it really turned my season around with Spurs. It is the first that's worked really well for me in FM15 and provides quality entertaining football at the same time.

I didn't start using it till mid-season when I was on the verge of the sack, see if you can spot the moment I swapped over to this tactic in the images below!

I ended up with 4th and a FA Cup final, but with the winstreak I went on I am optimistic that with a more tailored squad to the tactic and my now max familiarity, I can push on to challenge for the title next season.

4331.png

4332.png

4333.png

the tactic for 15.1.1 still seems to work for me on 5.1.3 ...... here are my results so far, only points dropped were away to man city, where i lost 2 central defenders 2 injury, n a sub defender sent off, so played the last 10 minutes with 9 players, so i felt a point in that situation was impressive :) ....... http://gyazo.com/325d8a4c2736abedcfb55482aa6f71d9

The squad I used for this:-

GK: Lloris / Valdes

WBL: Jonathan Silva / Rose

CBL: Balanta / Vertonghen

CBR: Kaboul / Dier

WBR: Walker / Naughton

MCL: Dembele / Neves

MC: Romero / Wanyama / Ajer

MCR: Erikson / Tielemans

AML: Yarmalenko / Roberts

AMR: Lamela / Lozano / Townsend

ST: Malcom / Kane / Klose

It looks like Man City are forcing me into selling Lamela for £50m, so I wouldn't mind pushing Malcom out to AMR and getting a new ST in. Alternatively I could just have Lozano step up as he seems quality already! Suggestions?

Tielemans is killing it in the MC role with a ton of potential left to develop, I'd really recommend him for that spot!

I've taken this tactic (or formation at least), made a few (quite a few) changes and now i'm scoring for fun.

Averaging about 4 goals a game currently as Everton (just had 36 chances away to West Ham and about 68% possession)

Will post up changes i made when i get the chance

I've taken this tactic (or formation at least), made a few (quite a few) changes and now i'm scoring for fun.

Averaging about 4 goals a game currently as Everton (just had 36 chances away to West Ham and about 68% possession)

Intrigued to see the changes. I have just started a new save with Villa and using the tactic. I have so far won 3/4 in pre-season without a fully fit striker (Benteke and Kozak are both sidelined)

Nice, chuck the tactic up fella!

Ok, can't upload but here are the basics that i've changed

Bear in mind i'm a couple of seasons in so have some good technical (and quick) players.

I apologise now for the wall of text coming up!

Props to the OP with the original tactic (which still works exceptionally well)

Last 7 games :

Burnley at Home

63% possession, 25 attempts - 6-0 win

Club Brugge at home

66% possession, 24 attempts - 4-1 win

QPR Away

60% possession, 37 attempts (12 on target, 11 half chances, 2 CC) - 2-0 win

Spurs at home

55% possession, 19 attempts, 3-2 win (2 last minute goals from spurs including 1 pen)

Man City away

59% possession, 21 attempts (they had 3!), 0-0 (2 woodwork, 3 CC, 8 half chances)

Legia Warsaw Away

59% possession, 23 attempts, 3-1 win

Liverpool home,

64% possession, 27 attempts, 3-2 win (again, 2 last minute goals for Liverpool)

Basic team instructions

I switch between these come game time depending on how we are doing possession wise

Switch between control and attacking as i see fit

I changed the team shape to fluid

Retain possession

short passing

pass into space normally (sometimes swap to work into box)

play out of defence

look for overlap

exploit middle

push up/much higher defensive

Close down more

tighter marking

be more expressive

switch between higher tempo and lower tempo

Player instructions:

Basically removed all from the existing tactic

set everyone to pass shorter

Goalkeeper to roll to centre backs

False nine set to hold up ball and roam from position

Roles :

Goalkeeper defend

Wingback left attack (Baines still doing job)

Wingback right support

normal centre back defend

Roaming playmaker

Deep lying playmaker defend (centre mid)

box to box mid

Ramdeuter on the right

inside forward attack on left

False nine up front

Ok, can't upload but here are the basics that i've changed

Bear in mind i'm a couple of seasons in so have some good technical (and quick) players.

I apologise now for the wall of text coming up!

Props to the OP with the original tactic (which still works exceptionally well)

Last 7 games :

Burnley at Home

63% possession, 25 attempts - 6-0 win

Club Brugge at home

66% possession, 24 attempts - 4-1 win

QPR Away

60% possession, 37 attempts (12 on target, 11 half chances, 2 CC) - 2-0 win

Spurs at home

55% possession, 19 attempts, 3-2 win (2 last minute goals from spurs including 1 pen)

Man City away

59% possession, 21 attempts (they had 3!), 0-0 (2 woodwork, 3 CC, 8 half chances)

Legia Warsaw Away

59% possession, 23 attempts, 3-1 win

Liverpool home,

64% possession, 27 attempts, 3-2 win (again, 2 last minute goals for Liverpool)

Basic team instructions

I switch between these come game time depending on how we are doing possession wise

Retain possession

short passing

pass into space normally (sometimes swap to work into box)

play out of defence

look for overlap

exploit middle

push up/much higher defensive

Close down more

tighter marking

be more expressive

switch between higher tempo and lower tempo

Player instructions:

Basically removed all from the existing tactic

set everyone to pass shorter

Goalkeeper to roll to centre backs

False nine set to hold up ball and roam from position

Roles :

Goalkeeper defend

Wingback right support

Roaming playmaker

box to box mid

Ramdeuter on the right

False nine up front

Will run a few games with this setup and see what I can learn from it.

Are you still running it on Control with VERY FLUID?

Sorry Ed, i reduced it to Fluid, and again, switched between control and attacking, depending on level of opposition.

Depay is awesome on inside forward left, and i've still got miralas on the right as the raumdeuter

Early signs are that you've cracked it. Going to try and play a good 20 games with it and see if there's any room for improvement but it looks solid.

Have you trialled out a sweeper keeper at all to compensate for the high line?

Early signs are that you've cracked it. Going to try and play a good 20 games with it and see if there's any room for improvement but it looks solid.

Have you trialled out a sweeper keeper at all to compensate for the high line?

Not tried with a sweeper keeper, could be a good shout mate.

Not tried with a sweeper keeper, could be a good shout mate.

It's got shades of the original beta tactic with the way the F9 drops deep to feed the IF and RD - perhaps the difference is simply having one (RD) coming from the deep and the other pushing further forward.

It's got shades of the original beta tactic with the way the F9 drops deep to feed the IF and RD - perhaps the difference is simply having one (RD) coming from the deep and the other pushing further forward.

Indeed - also with the wingbacks pushing on, you've got a wide outlet (which i think on your original tactic they are set defensively aren't they?)

Indeed - also with the wingbacks pushing on, you've got a wide outlet (which i think on your original tactic they are set defensively aren't they?)

I don't think so, the original saw them overlapping the IF's who played more like the Raumdeuter description.

This is definitely a step in the right direction though, albeit still very vulnerable defensively.

I don't think so, the original saw them overlapping the IF's who played more like the Raumdeuter description.

This is definitely a step in the right direction though, albeit still very vulnerable defensively.

Ah i was thinking of nikigreats tactic, that had 2 defensive full backs

0-0 at home to Hull. Bearing in mind I have lost 5 on the spin, morale could not be much lower. Had 62% Poss and 18 shots on goal. Didn't appear as vulnerable at the back, but that could be more down to the level of opposition. My squad is hit with injuries massively! I just cant keep a fit 11 for 2 games on the spin!

Just to be clear,delete all player instructions from previous version & just put them to short passing except F9 as instructed?

pretty much mate. You could put the wingbacks on stay wider maybe.

Thats all i have anyway and it seems to work well (with my team at least)

Obviously if you have someone with the takes long shots skill and you dont want them to keep doing it, put them on shoot less often.

pretty much mate. You could put the wingbacks on stay wider maybe.

Thats all i have anyway and it seems to work well (with my team at least)

Obviously if you have someone with the takes long shots skill and you dont want them to keep doing it, put them on shoot less often.

Top man cheers,giving it a go just now :)

Last two games have seen the form drop off struggling to a 0-0 at Championship Norwich before a close 1-0 win at Colchester with no obvious signs as to why it worked in the previous five games but not these two. Possession was decent, but the number of CCC's and shots dropped drastically for those two games.

Will keep you posted evertonmarc.

Last two games have seen the form drop off struggling to a 0-0 at Championship Norwich before a close 1-0 win at Colchester with no obvious signs as to why it worked in the previous five games but not these two. Possession was decent, but the number of CCC's and shots dropped drastically for those two games.

Will keep you posted evertonmarc.

ok mate - i still seem to be on a bit of a run. Will carry on tinkering!

ami correct here?

Roaming playmaker - left of the centre mid?

box to box mid - right of the centre mid?

Thats how i've got it mate - i've got Ross barkley as the roaming mid, and Mccarthy as the box to box

ami correct here?

Roaming playmaker - left of the centre mid?

box to box mid - right of the centre mid?

I've gone for Wilshere roaming, Henderson playmaking and Ramsey box to box which seems to work well. Interestingly, despite the obvious difference in stats, Theo is far more efficient for me than Alexis - any ideas why?

EFCMarc - Alright lid - I am using this for Everton (if Steam ever updates) - what starting line up do you use - Ive been through preseason and frankly got gubbed (best I managed was a 2-2)

Cheers

Rez

I've got Barry centre mid/deep lying, Barkley as roaming, mccarthy as box to box.

Miralas on the right and Depay on the left and Big Rom up front (who doesn't suit the false nine that well)

I've got Barry centre mid/deep lying, Barkley as roaming, mccarthy as box to box.

Miralas on the right and Depay on the left and Big Rom up front (who doesn't suit the false nine that well)

Back on the very first version, despite playing F9 I found the forward scored a lot of goals from headers where he'd attacked it from deep. Are you seeing the same with Big Rom?

Back on the very first version, despite playing F9 I found the forward scored a lot of goals from headers where he'd attacked it from deep. Are you seeing the same with Big Rom?

Yeah, just swapped him back in (i've got Rhodes as well) and he's scored 2 goals, both headers.

This seems a tactic where the striker can actually get a few goals. A lot of other tactics i've seen, i've struggled to get any consistency from my main strikers.

Some really nice interplay where the inside forward attacks into the middle, pulls the defender and leaves Baines/Coleman free out wide to put in a cross

How do you save a video of a goal so you show it?

I'm not sure if video exporting works. I have Alexis score one from his own half and when I tried to export it was all greyscale and compressed into weird panels no matter what settings I tried.

http://gyazo.com/25ce6ec715edd66cdc44ef7b375b091a with the tactic..changed the suggested...Roles :

Goalkeeper defend

Wingback right support

Roaming playmaker

box to box mid

Ramdeuter on the right

False nine up front

the last 8 games..decent in the end..

Into my second season using the edited tactic. Had a cracking start to the season, but now nearly halfway through the wheels have fallen off! Goals difficult to find, despite lots of chances and keep conceding penalties. On a 9 games winless streak. Will stick with it and post update.

Into my second season using the edited tactic. Had a cracking start to the season, but now nearly halfway through the wheels have fallen off! Goals difficult to find, despite lots of chances and keep conceding penalties. On a 9 games winless streak. Will stick with it and post update.

I wonder if some of the problems users are having with both is the longevity of the tactic before the AI cracks it.

The AI doesn't crack tactics, it's a myth this year just like it's been a myth every single year before now.

The only thing that changes is that the AI views your team differently as the seasons & years go by because your reputation changes and so they approach games against you differently.

So for example if I'm Sunderland playing against West Ham in season 1 they would likely attack me a bit, because they are the better side, and so leave themselves open and I could take advantage of that. A couple of seasons later however when I'm now a better team than they are the same tactic may well not work because they'll be sitting back a bit more and looking to counter instead of trying to go straight on the attack like in the first season.

But would this happen in the middle of a season?

May change so far into the season. My media prediction is 15th and therefore exceeding expectations. So maybe the AI kicks in so far into the season to put things sort of right (results being fixed) - or there would be no point of media predictions. Food for thought?????

Made a few changes and had a nice run of victories, but low and behold the dredded penalty decisions have condemned me to 1 goal defeats in the last 3 games. Not even playing aggressive - my last game I had 9 fouls to their 27 - they won 2-0 with two penalties! Grrr

Archived