4-3-3 SchemeServe (FM15)

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Ed, which one should we try? I was having a lot of success with this but no matter what I did (winning most games) Man U always won every game. Then the patch (15.1.3) broke it and I haven't tried much in 15.1.4 as my first game is against Everton and the same issues are there - dominating but losing to their 3 shots on target. I kind of give up after that as I am fluid in the tactic in every area, so just assume it is still broken.

Is the OP tactic the correct one?

Thanks

this doesnt work as it dowloaded as tac file not fm file how do you change this?

FM15 accepts .tac and .fmf, you just have to import the tactic - there's plenty of guidance on both this thread and the main forum with step by step instructions.

So Ed, which one should we try? I was having a lot of success with this but no matter what I did (winning most games) Man U always won every game. Then the patch (15.1.3) broke it and I haven't tried much in 15.1.4 as my first game is against Everton and the same issues are there - dominating but losing to their 3 shots on target. I kind of give up after that as I am fluid in the tactic in every area, so just assume it is still broken.

Is the OP tactic the correct one?

Thanks

I would revert back to version 15.1.1 personally, however I'm working on a 15.1.4 version though it works against every team other than Chelsea who are playing some weird counter attacking 5-3-2 against it and hitting me on the counter. Am trying to work out how to stabilise.

Only downside is that my striker gets outperformed in goals by the two wingers who cut inside when the wingbacks move up the field. But I guess that's how the tactic is supposed to work.

That's exactly how it's supposed to work, yes.

The F9 drops back bringing the centrebacks with him whilst the two inside forwards attack the space between the full back and centre backs.

Hey Ed i know our tactics are similar, but the most recent patch has made mine a little better, are you still using yours?

Yes, still using it Harold, although I've noted that switching one of the AP's back to a RP gives far better retention.

Frustrating stuff right now - my latest version has me smashing everybody in sight, but then when I face Chelsea and Man City they pick me apart in 2-0, 3-0 wins where suddenly my players with season long pass accuracy of 90%+ can't string two passes together. Very frustrating.

Hey all,

Haven't played FM since 2013. As you can tell by my account I've been around for awhile. So I have the game downloading from Steam right now so I'm just scoping out some tactics in the meantime. I plan on playing with as roma as my username probably gives that away lol. So far this tactic intrigues me the most. I think it would work quite well with Roma just based on reading what type of players are required and the formation. Other than maybe the deep lying playmaker which Roma does not have but I guess we can either tinker with that or try out De Rossi in that role and see what happens. Just wondering though where I can download the latest version of this tactic and if it is working with the latest patch?

Thanks

Hey all,

Haven't played FM since 2013. As you can tell by my account I've been around for awhile. So I have the game downloading from Steam right now so I'm just scoping out some tactics in the meantime. I plan on playing with as roma as my username probably gives that away lol. So far this tactic intrigues me the most. I think it would work quite well with Roma just based on reading what type of players are required and the formation. Other than maybe the deep lying playmaker which Roma does not have but I guess we can either tinker with that or try out De Rossi in that role and see what happens. Just wondering though where I can download the latest version of this tactic and if it is working with the latest patch?

Thanks

Best version for me at the moment is the 15.1.3 version, available on the steam workshop.

Frustrating stuff right now - my latest version has me smashing everybody in sight, but then when I face Chelsea and Man City they pick me apart in 2-0, 3-0 wins where suddenly my players with season long pass accuracy of 90%+ can't string two passes together. Very frustrating.

Have you managed to figure out why Chelsea and Man City were particularly causing issues? Also, what is the difference between the latest version you are testing out and the 15.1.3 version?

I am playing 1.1. tactic on the latest update. Only playing in the 9th tier (promoted 1st) and then 8th tier this season. Started half way through season and it is working really really well. Tipped for relegation and top of league after 3. Won all 3. Just got the 6 goal in one game achievement as well! Now p7 w7.

I will try 1.1 with LFC save soon. But too much fun playing the challenge of Stafford Rangers.

I re-iterate. 15.1.1 is simply brilliant for me. In Northern Premier (so works at a part-time club with really really basic facilities/players) and with 21 games gone am top by 12 points. Lost 2 games all season.

Also in the 2nd round of FA Cup having knocked out Div 2 Wrexham 4-0 at theirs. My right winger has scored 20 goals already. My ability to retain him will be tested though so hopefully some good replacements around for when I get promoted to the 2nd tier of the Conference. I've paid off all my debt now as well, so maybe/hopefully a cheeky little request to go full time will work.

Playing 1st Div team in the 2nd Round. At theirs. Should be a bumper gate and given I beat 2 First Div teams in pre-season I may actually be OK.

15.1.1 has been in place for about a year and due to part-time, is still not totally Fluid as passing not there yet, but the rest is.

I am working on the latest version which appears incredibly dominant, but being in the third season my personnel are absolutely made for this formation in terms of PPMs, stats and fluidity.

Are people still using the previous versions or has somebody offered something better at this stage?

Hi EdJames , I will gladly offer my feedback. This was a superb tactic under 15.1.3 and 15.1.4, but it has lost its magic under 15.2. I have downloaded your latest tactic, but I haven't had the time to test it enough, to give you a fair feedback. Would you say that this new/tweaked version is as good as the previous ones?

Hi EdJames , I will gladly offer my feedback. This was a superb tactic under 15.1.3 and 15.1.4, but it has lost its magic under 15.2. I have downloaded your latest tactic, but I haven't had the time to test it enough, to give you a fair feedback. Would you say that this new/tweaked version is as good as the previous ones?

It's working better in many ways, particularly the number of passes and chances created.

I am still playing the FM15 Demo as my daughter usually buys me the latest FM version for Xmas. I tried to download the latest version of this tactic at Steam. I subscribed to it and can see all the relevant info/screenshots etc but no sign of a download link. Is this because I am only playing the demo or is there something I am doing wrong?. If so could someone post a link on how to download tactics etc from Steam. Thanks.

anyone else finding themselves hideously exposed time and time again right down the middle?

It may be also poor positioning or decision making from your players who are closing down too much (don't set OI to always close down!) and being dragged out of position.

think this might work if you have ridiculously good players, but not as an average side. if you lose the ball, you get turned around so quickly and concede 4 or 5 CCCs a game

What team are you using with what players? It's not about ridiculously good players, it's about the right players with the right stats for the position. Just because it's a certain player role selected doesn't mean that's the stats he needs to fulfill his role in the overall formation.

EdJames, I'm playing with Newcastle and the original squad (due to having first transfer window disabled). Your previous version under 15.1.3 (not 15.1.4) seemed very solid. But from 15.1.4 and till now it seems to score less and conceed a lot more.

EdJames, I'm playing with Newcastle and the original squad (due to having first transfer window disabled). Your previous version under 15.1.3 (not 15.1.4) seemed very solid. But from 15.1.4 and till now it seems to score less and conceed a lot more.

It doesn't surprise me that it wouldn't work with Newcastle given their starting squad. Major and I'd have hoped obvious problems I can foresee...

GK - Krul - Awful kicking distribution will have a negative effect on ball retention.

DC - Taylor - Probably needs to focus heavily on his ball playing to get it to a minimum of 12 else retention will be ruined. Too slow to play a high line. He is a real problem for this formation.

DC - Coloccini - Great teamwork and work rate, but let down with terrible athleticism (pace/agility) that prevents him operating in a high line. He is a real problem for this formation.

DL - Haidara - Has a good spread of stats for the role with no major weakness, but he's just not very good at anything in particular. Santon should walk into the team upon return from injury!

DR - Janmaat - Good player for this formation, albeit he needs some major work on his crossing which he's been majorly underrated on.

CM (L) - Sissoko - Needs work on his passing, but has the core physicals required to excel in the position.

CM© - Tiote - Should do well in the role. Doesn't really add anything in helping defend set pieces though due to height, jumping and heading.

CM ® - De Jong - His determination and work rate contradict his stamina which needs major work for him to keep up with play. Not very creative for a playmaker though.

IF(L) - Gouffran - Has the physicals and work rate, but will probably struggle to excel without work on his technical ability.

IF® - Cabella - Not his best position, but he's the closest thing you have. Lack of physicality won't help much in winning back the ball.

F9 - Cisse - He should do ok as an all rounder, but he's nothing special in any particular area.

In my opinion, Newcastle are not a team that would work well with this formation. Their lack of creativity in the centre will prevent chances being created, their high line will get torn to pieces due to a lack of pace and their front line offers next to nothing in terms of winning back the ball, finishing or creating chances. Add in terrible goalkeeper distribution and I think it's unlikely they could ever, given the players, hope to pull off possession football effectively.

I am still playing the FM15 Demo as my daughter usually buys me the latest FM version for Xmas. I tried to download the latest version of this tactic at Steam. I subscribed to it and can see all the relevant info/screenshots etc but no sign of a download link. Is this because I am only playing the demo or is there something I am doing wrong?. If so could someone post a link on how to download tactics etc from Steam. Thanks.

https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/201705742-STEAM-Workshop

Google is your friend.

It doesn't surprise me that it wouldn't work with Newcastle given their starting squad. Major and I'd have hoped obvious problems I can foresee...

GK - Krul - Awful kicking distribution will have a negative effect on ball retention.

DC - Taylor - Probably needs to focus heavily on his ball playing to get it to a minimum of 12 else retention will be ruined. Too slow to play a high line. He is a real problem for this formation.

DC - Coloccini - Great teamwork and work rate, but let down with terrible athleticism (pace/agility) that prevents him operating in a high line. He is a real problem for this formation.

DL - Haidara - Has a good spread of stats for the role with no major weakness, but he's just not very good at anything in particular. Santon should walk into the team upon return from injury!

DR - Janmaat - Good player for this formation, albeit he needs some major work on his crossing which he's been majorly underrated on.

CM (L) - Sissoko - Needs work on his passing, but has the core physicals required to excel in the position.

CM© - Tiote - Should do well in the role. Doesn't really add anything in helping defend set pieces though due to height, jumping and heading.

CM ® - De Jong - His determination and work rate contradict his stamina which needs major work for him to keep up with play. Not very creative for a playmaker though.

IF(L) - Gouffran - Has the physicals and work rate, but will probably struggle to excel without work on his technical ability.

IF® - Cabella - Not his best position, but he's the closest thing you have. Lack of physicality won't help much in winning back the ball.

F9 - Cisse - He should do ok as an all rounder, but he's nothing special in any particular area.

In my opinion, Newcastle are not a team that would work well with this formation. Their lack of creativity in the centre will prevent chances being created, their high line will get torn to pieces due to a lack of pace and their front line offers next to nothing in terms of winning back the ball, finishing or creating chances. Add in terrible goalkeeper distribution and I think it's unlikely they could ever, given the players, hope to pull off possession football effectively.

Wow! That is a comprehensive analysis of the squad. Thank you!

In 15.1.3 Tim Krul became quite good for me. But of course, in that game I did not have the first transfer window disabled (I have to now, otherwise it doesn't feel right). My squad back then was Dragovic and Balant in DC. Haidara actually rocked the boat, whilst Janmaat was my WBR. I also had Dockal, Romero and Ødegaard in my squad. For some reason Ferryra did not do great with your tactic, but Aloyze was one fire. He scored so many goals and had such a good rating that Chelsea came in for him.

Wow! That is a comprehensive analysis of the squad. Thank you!

In 15.1.3 Tim Krul became quite good for me. But of course, in that game I did not have the first transfer window disabled (I have to now, otherwise it doesn't feel right). My squad back then was Dragovic and Balant in DC. Haidara actually rocked the boat, whilst Janmaat was my WBR. I also had Dockal, Romero and Ødegaard in my squad. For some reason Ferryra did not do great with your tactic, but Aloyze was one fire. He scored so many goals and had such a good rating that Chelsea came in for him.

I tried a quick FMC with Newcastle and that formation which confirmed my suspicions. The centre backs were all dreadful , if only Yanga-Mbiwa wasn't on loan!! Cisse seemed the best of the forwards.

From what I can tell, the strikers performance was highly dependant on the IF's.

Balanta is a beast in the formation as are Koscielny, Stones and any other centre back with decent pace and ball distribution.

The midfielders primarily need to have good engines and passing. The inside forwards should essentially be poachers with high work rate, determination and stamina. Alexis Sanchez is like a dream player for that role.

You wrote an incredible guide in the beginning about which PPM each player should learn. Why did you delete it? It was simply so well written!

Because it changes with each patch and I only have so much time I'm willing to spend redoing everything with each and every patch.

Ed, you really have done something special this time round. I implemented the tactic 23 games ago. W19 D3 L1. The loss was a spanking away at Juve in the ECC, but I beat them at home comfortably and went through on away goals. Just beaten Barca 4-3 in the Camp Nou in the semi. Am 4 points clear in the league and am managing to rotate my squad as well because the tactic is superb.

Mario has scored 3 hattricks since implemented as well. Sturridge scored a couple before he got injured as well.

Am in the FA Cup final against Man U as well, so a fantastic season that has been really achieved via various versions of this tactic.

Because it changes with each patch and I only have so much time I'm willing to spend redoing everything with each and every patch.

Oh okay, didn't know it changes with each patch. Too bad. Anyway, AMAZING work, this is an incredible tactic.

Great to hear. Who you using?

I am playing with Everton

Howard/Valdes

Coleman (RWB/DR)

Baines (LWB/LB)

Balanta/Besic (CB)

Jagielka (CB)

McCarthy/Alli/Barkley (CMR)

Romero/Besic (CM)

Barry/Roberts (CML)

AML - Atsu

AMR - McGready

SC - Lukaku/Kone/Eto'o

I mix it up as best as I can - I change things and tweak at HT if its not going well - Atsu & McGready revel in this formation - Defence are all very good although I suffer conceding late a lot :(

P16 W9 D3 L4 GF39 GA33 Pts 30

Need to stop them goals!

Tried it with Man Utd for 1 1/2 seasons but had to scrap it as it totally stopped working for me in the second season. In general there seem to be too many shots from long distance and to few good chnaces being created unfortunately I get at least 3 CCCs now against me no matter how week the opponent is. The main problem that I see is that the entire attacks run through the center which leads to the AI blocking this area with a massive amount of players (4-5-1/4-1-4-1) and just hammering long passes forward that my defenders sooner or later miss which always leads to players getting clear through on goal. Offside doesn't seem to do a lot to prevent this.

That being said I liked the high passing percentage and possession stats which was really nice for a change but unfortunately the defensive instability and the toothlessness in attack after a while makes it unusable at this point for me.

Archived