Written In The Stars 2015

WritteninthestarsFM15_zps985496c1.jpg

Welcome to the WRITTEN IN THE STARS thread. After our most successful clan to date in Football Manager 14 where we managed to complete 10 seasons(not as many as other clans but we don't like to hol between matchdays as to us FM is more than a matchday experience ) We are back for FM15.

After a recent computer crash where I lose the game file aswell as a lot of programmes which I had no other option to restore my computer to factory settings again. We have decided to start in the Championship which is imo the most competitive league in the world as it's so unpredictable that year in year out you see a lot of teams you would never of thought would have a chance of promotion get promoted to the promise land of the Barclays English Premiership. Although we are starting in this league I have decided to load other leagues/countries aswell so if players do well then they can move on to bigger and better things if they choose to in the future. The other leagues that I have loaded are :- Spain's top 2 divisions, Germany's top 2 divisions, England down to the conference north/south and Italy's top 2 divisions. So with all of these leagues they will offer loads of top teams who are all fighting it out to reach the top in that country which will bring better players some of which will be world class and the chance of getting into Europe and winning the top title.

This could promise to be the best year yet for the WRITTEN IN THE STARS clan as with starting in such a competitive league in the world which is sure to give clan members even more thrills, spills, relegation battles, top 6 fight , heart ache, you might find a gem that could prove to be a swift piece of business and have the big clubs in the world after him, blow your budget on a rough diamond and good banter (which is always the most important thing). There maybe times where arguments happen due to results and pressure of being a football manager but whatever the outcome it will be an exciting roller-coaster ride that you will want to hold on tight to until the bitter end.

Each clan member will get their team via a random draw where each member will pick a number between 1-24. I feel that by doing this it will be a more even contest but some could find themselves very lucky and have one of the decent clubs who have got a great academy or a very good group of players or even have just been relegated from the premiership the season previous and will stand a great chance of getting promoted and even challenging for the title itself or on the other hand some people could be unlucky and get one of the newly promoted sides whatever happens it will just make the game more competitive between each member and of course if you do well you might find yourself in charge of one of the top clubs soon enough however if you do badly you could find yourself in a lower league scrap to get back to where you feel you belong.

Days/Times

Thursday – 6.00pm – 10.00pm

Sunday - 6.00pm - 10.00pm

Managers and Teams

Bolton_zpsfb5udwef.jpg

Bournemouth_zps29yzrfin.jpg

Middlesbrough_zpsigkhiwxt.jpg

Watford_zpsdtlq13bq.jpg

Rules

1) No using FM Scout or cheat machines

2) Committed players only

3) If you can't make a session, an e-mail in advance would be useful.

4) Start with past experience reputation set to Continental Pro Licence and Sunday League Footballer so if we are unfortunate to lose our jobs we have a better chance of getting another job without having to retire our first user given how fm has changed over the years making it tougher to get another job straight away.

5) You MUST Post on forum during following – End of August transfer window, End of January transfer window, end of season review. Everyone can post anytime other than these if they wish to do so.

6) Random Teams selected.

7) No unsettling other Manager's players when you're not actually interested in buying the player

8) Use Skype to chat during times, banter is fine, but NO foul insults, so keep it a friendly game

9) If you get sacked or resign for some reason you must continue as unemployed and apply for the jobs that are available. If you can’t get a job after 1month of applying then you can retire and get a random club one division below.

10). Matches must be played Highlights Mode "Key" or "Only Commentary". Match Speed must be at full or at least near to full speed. Replays must be turned off, you will be allowed to play 3D matches aslong as they don’t slow the game down for other members.

11) "Show Player Pictures", "Show Background Pictures" and "Show Badges" must all be unticked

12). Assistant Manager must take control of friendlies in pre season and timer will be set to 2mins for transfers. During season timer will be set to 1minute unless end of August and January where timer will be set longer (maximum 2mins) if requested by a clan member.

13) If you have a problem with any of the rules, speak to me, don't go whinging about it to other members or keep your frustrations to yourself.

14) If a board takeover takes place and manager gets sacked, clan member may retire and go back to club if they wish.

15) Everyone must use own tactics/training schedules downloaded ones are not allowed.

16) Online shortlists are not allowed as can spoil transfer activities between members.

New to WRITTEN IN THE STARS clan will be our own voting system at the end of the season for – Manager of the season, Team of the season, Best Buy of the season and Worst Buy of the season.

PLEASE DON’T POST ON THE THREAD IF YOU’RE NOT A MEMBER THANKS

Hope you all enjoy this thread and I hope to keep u posted as and when we go.

• 4 months later...

Watford_zpsdtlq13bq.jpg

First of all Mark, Welcome to Vicarage Road

Thanks very much, it’s great to be here, smiles

What are your first impressions of the club?

I’ve watched Watford over the last few years and I think they are a good side and seeing the training facilities and the stadium I think the club has a lot of potential.

Its your 1st team in management, how did you find yourself in charge of a Championship club?

I started doing my coaching badges in my late teens after I unfortunately picked up a knee injury which ended my career as a player. I then worked my way up to my pro license and when the Watford job came up I thought I had gained a lot of experience working with the youngsters at my local club and was looking for a full time position at a well-respected club. Luckily during my interview with the chairman and the board they could see my vision for the club and have given me this great opportunity.

You have said that your going to be dipping your toes into the transfer market, do you have any targets in mind?

I have a few areas in mind where we could improve the team but of course I am going to keep them to myself, smiles.

What are your hopes for this season?

We'll my first aim is a playoff spot.

Thanks for your time Mark and good luck with your new position at Watford

Watford_zpsdtlq13bq.jpg

After getting Watford through the random draw I was quite pleased to have done so as they have a very good squad that should be aiming for a top 6 finish at the very least. Having looking through the side I didn't feel I needed to change too much and just thought if I could add a few more quality players that it would give me great strength in depth for what is a long championship campaign.

Transfers

Transfers_%20%20Transfer%20History_zpsw40nlrrl.png

As you can see above I didn't add a lot and was surprised and delighted to have got so much for Anya giving how his stats aint that great and he doesn't look as good a player as he is irl. I felt Martinez was my best loan signing as he has the quality to play in the premier league and knew he would suit my system quite well. I also have an option at the end of the season to buy him for 6m which imo is cheap as chips so if I can get to the premier league then he will def be one of the first few signings I will make.

On to the season so far and we started quite well a piece of luck helped us for our first 3pts of the season as Matty's Bolton and particular his keeper Bogdan delayed coming for a short back pass which Troy Deeney managed to get on the end of to give us a winning start. That result set us on a great run which saw us move up the table and soon find ourselves in the top 3 where we would stay until Christmas. Our first big test of the season after matty came against Norwich who win bit quite easily at carrow road and onto Dave's Bournemouth who were above us in 2nd place at the time. Unfortunately this time around it turned out that we would give the opposite side a helping hand and in the last few mins a poor short backpass from Diogo fell straight to Callum Wilson and he slotted it away to send us to our first defeat of the season.

Results picked up from then and we ended the year in great form only losing to promotion chasing Ipswich and therefore saw my side sit top of the championship 2pts clear of Wolves in 2nd.

Watford_zpsdtlq13bq.jpg

Well what an amazing season we had I only managed to lose a further 3 games in my next 23 since Christmas which saw us not only get promoted to the promise land of the premiership but win the championship title by a massive 10pts although this was helped as Dave (Bournemouth) was missing for a few hours of the session and his assistant manager didn't help him out by losing 3 games in a row. Never the less I am delighted I've finally managed to guide my side to the premiership after being the only clan member not to get out of the championship in our previous clan game.

In the capital one cup we got to the 3rd round before going out unluckily to west ham 2-1 at Upton park and in the FA cup we got to the 4th round before we lost to Everton 1-0.

Looking at my squad I still think I've got some decent players who in time should be able to play in the premiership with ease.

My Squad

Squad_%20Players%20Players_zpscaitqjzn.png

Squad_%20Players%20Players-2_zpsdhdq7zb8.png

Squad_%20Players%20Players-3_zpsszp2bw51.png

So with the right additions I think I should be able to stay up or at least give it a good shout next year in the premiership. Anyways just delighted to be up and i'll keep you posted on how I do.

3JATzYC.jpg

so, i became manager of bournemouth. Had no previous experience with them, so was an exiting start of the season.

dL58FCL.png

powelL and george williams on loan were instant succes. we found quite fast a matching tactic, and mid season i started discovering some of the other players i hadnt used yet, like tokelo rantie, who proved to be a kingscouple of goals with callum wilson!

We managed to get immediate promotion, but not a title. Mark's team was too strong in the end, i got bad streaks on the wrong times.

Next season we want to stay away from relegation and get some talented youngsters in

I got 25 mil euro, lets see if we can get the targets we want.

• 2 weeks later...

Championship%20Banner%20for%20tables_zpsx2xv3non.png

Final Table

Sky%20Bet%20Championship%20Final%20Table%2014-15_zpsyocgis37.png

As you can see was a great season for me and Dave as we both got promotion to the premier league

Cornell was unlucky in just missing out on the playoffs by 2pts with Boro but can hopefully rebuild and come back stronger next season

*Matty had a bad season and ended up getting sacked by Bolton

Sorry for the non-updates for ages. As you've probably read, I've been sacked and Now I am at Oxford after being drawn at Fleetwood (who were at rock bottom with 2 points in December). I managed them to get to 2 places above bottom but was given no funds and was sacked with a couple of games left of the season. Then was Drawn oxford and now made a number of signings and should be aiming for playoffs but it will be very hard.

Watford_zpsjteu969n.jpg

At the start of early pre season after getting promoted to the Premiership as Champions of the Championship I decided that I needed to get a few signings in quite quickly so I could get them settled in for the start of pre season and to stop rival clubs mainly Dave's Bournemouth lol to key signings. However to my cost after spending my Budget on Balanta who as everyone knows is a top player in fm and then I made Martinez a permanent signing a had nothing left to spend by the time the fixtures came out on the 25th June and with the board expecting a top half finish I was feeling that it would be a long and tough season as the squad was well short in terms on depth for a premiership season.

Transfers

At the end of the transfer window I had managed to add to the squad with a few more signings in terms of loans just to make sure the squad was strong enough. I was delighted to have got some good defenders in, Wisdom and Reyes looked the most promising and Rafinha was the best signing to add to our midfield.

Transfers_%20%20Transfer%20History-2_zpskgwkmbxj.png

Transfers_%20%20Transfer%20History_zpscqfgiztn.png

Capital One Cup

Capital%20One%20Cup_zpshlghmmpq.png

The Capital One Cup was a disappointment going out to Millwall in extra time in the 3rd Round. I did rest a few of my key players throughout this short cup run as the premiership was more important for us in our first season back for a while. However I felt the fringe players would of done better so my goal for next season is to try and have ago at this competition more and hope we can go a lot further next time around.

Capital%20One%20Cup_zpsocehxsbp.png

The FA Cup

Fa%20Cup%20logo_zpsemwaiuvz.png

The FA Cup like the in the Capital One Cup I decided to rotate the squad and play a few of the fringe players as again the premiership was my main competition for this season. However unlike the Capital One Cup we managed to progress a lot further and yet again I was disappointed going out to Ipswich who I felt we should of beat on the day and with only being two games away from a Semi final and a trip to Wembley it was tough to take. Again like the capital cup I want the team to do a lot better next season and will play a stronger side throughout the competition unless I have a lot of injuries.

FA%20Cup_zpssccewnqz.png

Premiership

Premier%20League%20Badge_zpsvvc3uop3.jpg

Our first season back in the premiership was unbelievable a team I thought with a mix of loan signings and a core of players from last seasons title winning campaign in the championship would struggle for most of the season and we might be able to finish low mid table turned out to be anything but. We in truth never looked in any danger of going down and in fact spend the majority of the season in the top half with some great wins along the way in particular wins at Anfield and White Heart Lane against Liverpool and Tottenham were brilliant and unexpected. Only main disappointment is the fact I still can't seem to get one over Dave's Bournemouth although we did come close to beating him this year only for goals to come against us in the last few mins. Still that was a slight blip that I'm sure as we progress as a premiership club the gap will get closer. Overall a top 10 finish in the end was outstanding and with hopefully a better budget in the summer I can build this team further and add more quality.

Prem%20Fixtures%20Aug-Jan%2020th_zpspjiyxd68.png

Prem%20Fixtures%20Jan%2030th%20-%20End%20of%20season_zpsfo9bmrdm.png

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived