Why do you want to use a FMC/FMT Editor?

Remember they had to get special permission from Martin Odegaard's dad so he could be included.

I bloody wish they hadn't got it, he has been great for Chavski in my Stopsley game.:(

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reece Oxford was too young, due to child protection laws to be included in the game. He should be a wonderkid next year.

Remember they had to get special permission from Martin Odegaard's dad so he could be included.

Ah right thanks for that. Well I downloaded a transfer update for full fat, loaded up the game, looked perplexed for a few minutes and just went back to my FMC save. I tell you once you go to FMC you don't want to go back so I am even more an advocate of bringing in an FMC Editor now!!!

Ah right thanks for that. Well I downloaded a transfer update for full fat, loaded up the game, looked perplexed for a few minutes and just went back to my FMC save. I tell you once you go to FMC you don't want to go back so I am even more an advocate of bringing in an FMC Editor now!!!

I loved playing full fat in 14, had one of the greatest saves ever. I could tell tales all day, that wonderkid I snagged from Ireland while down the leagues, turned down massive money from Liverpool a season later only for him to break his leg the week after and never recover, getting an away draw, and home win on the replay against Arsenal in the FA Cup, when I was in League 2(bankrolled the clubs future, that), chucking my entire budget at a goalkeeper when in the Championship, only for him to go on and be the best in the world......

These days though, as yourself, I load it, poke around for a matter of minutes, and exit back to FMC.

I loved playing full fat in 14, had one of the greatest saves ever. I could tell tales all day, that wonderkid I snagged from Ireland while down the leagues, turned down massive money from Liverpool a season later only for him to break his leg the week after and never recover, getting an away draw, and home win on the replay against Arsenal in the FA Cup, when I was in League 2(bankrolled the clubs future, that), chucking my entire budget at a goalkeeper when in the Championship, only for him to go on and be the best in the world......

These days though, as yourself, I load it, poke around for a matter of minutes, and exit back to FMC.

Ha ha, I know the feeling. I really was not to be converted from full fat but I think it was RTH who put the thought in my head and haven't looked back since,. Beats trying to pfaff about with staff/training/micro management et all which I have never been interested in really. Just want a tactic that's decent, buy players and play matches pure and simple and you get that with FMC. The instant result button is brilliant as it doesn't take me weeks to get through friendlies.

The only downsides are probably less effective DOF, Training and Scouting. Scouted England for 5 years in one save and still half the Premier League players weren't even scouted, had my full backs on a personal training session on dribbling for two years and they didn't improve at all and I gave up with my DOF actually signing someone!!

Anyway the Editor. I still hope something can be done because I have started a new FMC save after getting bored 6 years in and it would be nice to be able to add new transfers in to the Club you manage. Also the Winston Reid oversight is obviously still there where he leaves at the end of the first season (I sold him early now I know!!) and something like that could be rectified with an option of an editor or even some sort of update would probably be a compromise.

FMC is for me fantastic and maybe an Editor would drag too many away from the full fat game although that's the conspiracy theorist in me!!!

The closest I get to full fat is just thinking about games I could play on it, anyway nope no going back to that for me, I love FMC and would love an editor.

Looking forward to news about the new release but I doubt we will get it right now, it is big for me because it will pretty much determine if I buy it or not, no editor = no real appeal to me as I might as well just carry on with my current games.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys.

It seems another year without FMC/FMT Editor. :( As said the create a club feature only fills like 5% of what people said in this thread that wanted to do with the editor.

So, let keep up with those suggestions why we would use FMT editor and show SI, why we want an FMT Editor and how could be great benfit to this game mode and perhaps bring more people to FM in general.

I will add to my list a Rugby World Cup style competition.

There are many reasons why I would use it.

Updating leagues to make a master league

Create better stadiums

Increase finances of all teams to have same financial start

Make all the great players of now a lot younger so that they stay around longer

However the big question I have to SI is why not? And is it still possible to add it or is it too late?

Cheers

Bert

One reason why there isn't an editor is that it would make cross saves impossible. Cross Saves is one fairly big highlighted feature for FMT.

So how about only allowing the FMT editor with the FMT version for the full FM release and allow us to create non-cross save compatible saves using an edited database and keep the separate FMT version as cross save compatible?

• 2 years later...

Hello everyone.

Its been while since we all have been in this thread and probably some of you have forgotten that this thread is here.

It is nearly a 3 years since someone posted here, and nearly 4 years since I started this thread in hopes that we could see an FMT (FMC too bad they decided to drop this name). Some may say this thread was bit pointless, other said there is no use for an editor for FMT. I say, your entitle to your opinion (without insulting or respecting others) and do see your point of view as someone who don't use the editor or their are afraid that adding an editor, could bloated this FMT "format", so to speak, or for whatever reasons you have.

The reason why I insist on Editor for FMT, is because I got used to the editor, before FMC/FMT version came out. I like playing fantasy leagues and what not, since I able to play a more just system, where money is no object. Also, the editor enables the possibility of playing in leagues, that SI doesn't release with the game, adjust somethings or I don't deny it, Cheat (if you want to call that). Adding a large sum of money, can be quite a fun experience. But if FMT has the Unlockables that permit that, makes the argument of "adding the editor will enable cheating" mute. Unlockables permit even somethings the editor can't, I'm looking at you "Bad Lasagna".

I know that the lack of editor is a Hardware/software issue (at least what has been said before), then willingness from the devs, but I can easily argument that the importance of an editor for FM is fundamental to several people, me included.

So I urge, from devs at SI or even Miles, to push for the editor to be rather sooner then later.

I would like the Editor because I want to be able to use edit files in FMT. Simple as that. Shouldn't matter what my purposes are.

Personally, I change things like:-

- 'N. Ireland' to 'Northern Ireland', 'Holland' to 'The Netherlands', 'West Brom' to 'West Bromwich' etc. I cross-save with iPad/iOS and despite asking (recently) I don't know where to put .lnc files to change those names in iOS without them being hardcoded.

- I tweak nation transfer preferences so that transfers feel more realistic for me in game and add career preferences for players/managers to increase realism in that aspect as well

- Adding youth prospects that didn't make into the official database or updates; in particular as FMT is without youth squads it would be incredibly useful to be able to make some youth prospects available in the Reserves

- Add missing staff

- Adding lower leagues

- Use other edits people have made; great example is a 'All Random PA' database which I now use every new game

I also like the option of being able to keep my database as up to date as possible for longevity. If I start a new game in April lots will have changed since the day of release and even the latest update.

I want to feel like SI is listening to its customers. An FMC editor is suggested/wishlisted so often by so many people that it is mad to me it hasn't been done already. I read conflicting things like 'It is against the ethos of Touch' or 'It's a hardware/software/development issue'. Which is it? Just be upfront with us.

Give the customer what they want! Please.

I am a customer, and I have no interest at all in an editor.

I would much rather SI spend the time in making the current FMT better (run more smoothly etc) than put time and effort (and subsequently bug fixing and reports of bugs) into creating an editor.

On 24/07/2018 at 10:08, thesandman said:

I am a customer, and I have no interest at all in an editor.

I would much rather SI spend the time in making the current FMT better (run more smoothly etc) than put time and effort (and subsequently bug fixing and reports of bugs) into creating an editor.

I'm sorry, but that is no excuse, in my view. I'm also a Customer, and I have full interest on editor. See what i did there?

I can also easily say, its better to create an editor, that to add more features to FMT and making FMT like full FM, unnecessarily convoluted and complicated.

Sure, if you don't want to use the editor, then your entitle to that choice. But you need to understand, that people aren't like you and a lot of people want a FMT Editor. Not sure if we are the majority or minority, but it is one of the biggest requests (not saying number 1 request) for FMT. As you can see in this thread, why many people use an editor. The need is there, no doubt about it.

Despite not liking or agreeing with this kind of opinions, thanks anyway for your input. :)

On 27/07/2018 at 10:26, grade said:

I'm sorry, but that is no excuse, in my view. I'm also a Customer, and I have full interest on editor. See what i did there?

I can also easily say, its better to create an editor, that to add more features to FMT and making FMT like full FM, unnecessarily convoluted and complicated.

Sure, if you don't want to use the editor, then your entitle to that choice. But you need to understand, that people aren't like you and a lot of people want a FMT Editor. Not sure if we are the majority or minority, but it is one of the biggest requests (not saying number 1 request) for FMT. As you can see in this thread, why many people use an editor. The need is there, no doubt about it.

Despite not liking or agreeing with this kind of opinions, thanks anyway for your input. :)

Yes, I see what you did there.  I was merely responding to the post above me.

On 19/07/2018 at 12:38, KnightedManager said:

I want to feel like SI is listening to its customers. An FMC editor is suggested/wishlisted so often by so many people that it is mad to me it hasn't been done already. I read conflicting things like 'It is against the ethos of Touch' or 'It's a hardware/software/development issue'. Which is it? Just be upfront with us.

Give the customer what they want! Please.

I have no wish to go around in circles on this.  I am just pointing out that SI are not ignoring all of their customers by not including an editor, as not all customers want it.

There are multiple responses in this forum about why it hasn't or can't be done right now.   All seem perfectly logical.

My honest opinion is that SI  believe they will lose more sales by including an editor and ruling out lower end devices from being able to play, than they will gain from including an editor.   In that regards (assuming that is true) then they are satisfying more customers by leaving it out, than they would by including it.

On 27/07/2018 at 10:34, gazza8 said:

I just want to keep my game up to date and play with the latest squads.

Id even pay extra for this feature

Same on the money front. Editors are available elsewhere so they're missing out not just charging people for it.

I have been asking for an editor for FMT since it came out, for me it relates to the whole point of Touch, that being a streamlined version for people who do not have time to play the full game, with that in mind it should really be in Touch over and above the full version!

But for me the key reason for the editor is down to the database size limit, the only thing I would change in the game would be player positions nothing else, and in the spirit of the game that isnt really a cheating factor as the position is related to their attributes, so even if I am struggling for an ML and change a DLs position he will still need the attributes to be effective, its just quicker and having to train (again the point of Touch to be quicker).

Saying that I have played FM, FMT and FMM and FMT is defo the best out of the lot, so I will probably buy the game anyway ;o)

Probably been mentioned a fair few times already, but I would like to have the Editor just simply to make non-playable Nations playable. I play FM Touch because I can't be bothered with the depth of FM anymore and FM Touch is a simple alternative for me.

My biggest wish is also the inclusion of the editor to create fantasy leagues, or that 
SI created a game mode in which we could create fantasy leagues in the world league style, 
with teams like Real Madrid, Dortmund, Juventus, Liverpool, Monaco, Porto, in a 
championship with promotion and relegation and transfer window, as well as the normal game.

Let's assume you don't have time to play a full version savegame (main reason Touch exists to begin with). You have to choose between being able to have a quick savegame in Touch and being able to play with a custom database.

Why not both? What if you want to play with our favourite team but that team is in an unplayable league or nation? "Create a Club" does not solve that (you'd just be managing a dead ringer of your team), nor do challenges (you can't pick teams from unplayable leagues).

Custom databases for Touch could even work to test league systems for the full version as simulation is even faster.

Archived