FM15: Glasgow Rangers Bringing The Glory Days Back To Ibrox

steff91

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played a full Beta game

I got put out every cup in the first round but managed a 12 game winning run from January to April to win Championship with 83 pts to Hearts 80

First season in SPL and finished 3rd, behind Celtic and Caley - got to SCF and beaten on pens

Didn't beat Celtic at all in any games suffering 4-0 thrashings

Playing 4-2-3-1 and suffering, teams having 22 shots etc

Going to restart once disk arrives from Amazon tomorrow

I really need help with my tactics

I havent yet played the first season because playing the beta was a bit stressful to me with that goalie errors.

Begun to play again but i can say that i hardly get any goals out of Boyd. Miller is also injured for 5 months so they`re both out of contract after the season.

Tacticwise i settled on a 4-1-2-2-1 that is as last year and as in 13 but i dont know if i tweaked it correctly yet. Also have to get a WAY better striker than i have now.

IN OTHER NEWS: McCulloch is stats wise sadly not a good coach for me, also Daly will never ever be a coach under me.

But look who will be:

2vTxR91.png

I have to admit i checked his stats via a popular scouting tool and he got 4 in Attacking, i think it will increase.

Just started my first save having not played Beta...

Up to the 13th Oct and top of the table...

Played 9 - Won 7 - Drawn 2 - Scored 25 - Conceded 11

Got knocked out the Petrofac Cup in Semi, League Cupt in 3rd both by Hibs at Easter Road but then beat them 2-1 at Ibrox in the league.

Hearts are 7 points behind in 2nd but have a game in hand... Scored 14 but only conceded 3!!! Scouting Danny Wilson for next year back in the Premiership.

Having a difficult time translating my successful tactics from 14 to 15, so much so I have been sacked just before the start of November, any advice?

In game tactics have been changed from FM 14 so you will probably need to redo the tactic

I'm having remarkably different fortunes in this game

Brought in Wilson from Hearts after shuffling Moshni out the door for 750k

Now at Jan 1st and unbeaten, won petrofac and still in both cups

Won 18 outta 20 in league too

Beat Dundee away 6-0 and Dunbarton 9-2 at home being highlights

Seems much easier than Beta

Simple 4-4-2 with minor tweeks

You sold Moshni for 750k ? To whom? This seems unrealistic.

Some Screenshots about your team would be nice.

I also disagree as this being easier than FM14. For me 14 was the least enjoyable in a series from 12 to 15.

I'm struggling big time with Rangers. The Championship is so competitive. Every game is a hard one for me at the moment. Got Adam Campbell, Ryan mason, Derek Boyata on loan. Managed to sign Pavel Savitski but he's not as effective as he was on FM14. Lee wallace and Cammy Bell are letting me down big time. Anyone find some good players and a tactic that works?

Well after being sacked twice, I started a third save by changing a few staff and adopting a 443 formation, with wingbacks and 2 inside forwards. Amazingly it just clicked straight away and I won the Championship by 14 points. Also had a run in the League Cup where I beat Celtic 3 - 1, then Aberdeen 2- 1 , and finally Dundee 4 - 1 to lift the trophy.

Lets see what the top League holds.

No wonder it worked if you were playing with an extra player!

Finished the First Season of this Save with some nice results.

Will change the Squad fundamentely. Gasparotto looks promising as does Aird. Theyre backup`s next Season. Will make another update with transfers when new Season arrives.

Also renewed the contract with Boyd who scored 37 and assisted 14 times in 44 games (Advanced Forward).

He will be rotation tho next Season and tutor some younger strikers i already signed.

Youth intake was really bad beside one promising spanish defender/midfielder. Sinclair will leave me as HOYD.

O4V6Vmu.png

Celtic Champion in SPL, Dundee Utd 2nd. no suprises.

Y9SHp1P.png

Cup wise Celtic was out against Kilmarnock in the Quarter Finals!

Won Challenge Cup 2:0 vs Alloa. no suprises. Lost against Celtic in Quarter of League Cup.

Why do i have to rest almost a month to play the Cup Final against Kilmarnock? Is this based on real life? It is not possible to do a friendly?

Also conditions dropped alot in that time...

Well did not matter as i won 2:0.

tJ7Dx3E.png

Looking forward to the Euro League !

Decided to give the Squad a workaround and signed ALOT of players.

We will see if they mix, on paper this team is alot better than the year before. I need a replacement for Boyd in the Winter or Summer, depending on how he does, and a better central midfielder next Summer.

Transfers (some of these are Regens for my youth Team):

LxR1qmN.png

Squad (Not showing Angus Gunn, backup Goalkeeper 2 Stars):

kr6C0B9.png

Edit: Boyd got injured for 2 Months so i made a emergency signing , after some scouting i hopefully found the striker for the future:

8zfFJj0.png

Well he injured himself immediately, smart guy.

Better update mine too then. Challenge Cup: Knocked out Vs Hearts (Winners) 1st Rnd. League Cup: Knocked out Vs Dundee (Winners)2nd Rnd. Scottish Cup: Knocked out Vs Hearts (Winners) Semi Final. Scottish Championship: Winners by 11pts. Hearts, Hibs and Cowdenbeath were in the play offs. Cowdenbeath won promotion!

So i felt a bit like Ally. I was calling games off for international duty as well! A very tough campaign. Hearts were very strong but seemed to fall away at the end. I was top all the way though. Aberdeen won the SPL and Celtic won nothing which is a bonus.

My best players were: Pavel Savitsky (80k! 18 goals from AML) Lewis Mcleoud. Derek Boyata (2 Season loan. Had to get him on a 6 Month loan at first though) Adam Campbell (2 Season Loan, 20 goals) and Luca Gasparotto. Give this guy a chance, he and Boyata were my centre back pairing.

I agree. Gasparotto will do really solid when his loan finishes.

Also give Aird a chance, 4 games (2 as sub), 3 goals 2 assists 1 mom for me now (3 cup games). Still in August 2015. Playing him as left or right winger.

I'm now in the 19/20 season with my save. Aird, Lyon, Gasparotto and McLeod are outstanding, all in my first 11 and my best players. I gave them a lot of playing time to help their development. Had no decent regens though even though I upgraded the youth facilities and recruitment network. I'll post some screens later of anybody is interested in my team or even about anything that's going on this far in.

Just started up a save.

Not been able to shift anyone yet. Brought in Adam Campbell and Will Keane on loan. Managed to get more wage money, moved it transfers and that got me Danny Wilson for 800k.

Ideally I want rid of Shiels, Daly, Moshni.

Top after 3 games, 0-0 at Home vs Hearts, 3-1 win at Falkirk and a 5-1 win over Dumbarton.

Challenge cup, I beat Hibs 1-0 and then won on pens at QOTS to make the QF's where I have Hearts at home.

League cup saw an easy win over East Fife, a 1-0 win over Dundee and now I have my first Old Firm Derby at Celtic in Round 3.

Ah sad. Well you can`t do a thing then i guess.

Update on my Save: I cant get an affiliate club for me, i dont understand that , it was very easy in previous FM versions, someone else having these difficulties? Leaguewise everything is going good, but iam still struggling with my tactics.

yNJbPOZ.png

Iam manly playing 2:1 or score a late 3:1 and then i score mostly on corners or odd defensive errors by the opposite.

But the Highlight was also a 4:3 against Inverness after 0:3 at Half Time (and the Steam Achievment as a bonus). So the Team is mentally strong.

We need to dominate the SPL yes, and for a part my team does, but when looking at next year and the possibility of CL football iam not satisfied.

So i decided to change the squad again for a bit. Lee Wallace will definitely be sold, how much did you guys get for him (if at all)?

Signed Adam Smith from Bournemouth on a Free, looks like a slight upgrade to Wallace.

On the other side Wighton looks good with 12 goals and 5 assists in 22 appearances (7 as sub) with 9 more League games to be played.

Youth Intake was again really bad, how was that with you guys?

I think i found the midfielder next to Macleod. Atleast for a few years.

3p42hme.png

Won the League but struggled at the End and lost the League Cup Finals, also Semi Finals of the Cup was a problem to me.

Macleod won Player of the Year and Wighton Young Player of the Year. Boyd is gone now and my team is really young.

So i played some youth in the last league games and they did decent. Had Goalkeeper problems about the last 15 games so i rotated.

Squad overhaul is also incoming. Selling Wallace to Derby for 1 Mil.

Also Hibernian developed this youngster and i signed him for about 700k.

O8qQdQc.png

Rallav - what formation / tactics are you using ? Have ot say I really struggle after getting promoted, haven't managed to keep my job !

using a 433 with a DM and 2 IF's and basic instructions but can't get it going in top league. Dont tend to trf players out though, still have the same basic squad each time....

It's not been long since 2015 came out so I wouldn't expect too much popularity until after Xmas. That regen looks awesome and is the exact reason I have scouts scouring the UK

You´re right.

Regarding scouting, i do that too because of youngsters like that, signed him on a payout contract and he became youngest player ever for Hibs in the mean time, everyone in my backroom staff rates him 5 Stars potential, so exciting times hopefully. I especially like the regens from Shelbourne.

Rallav - what formation / tactics are you using ? Have ot say I really struggle after getting promoted, haven't managed to keep my job !

using a 433 with a DM and 2 IF's and basic instructions but can't get it going in top league. Dont tend to trf players out though, still have the same basic squad each time....

At the moment i use a 4-1-2-2-1 that is with Fullbacks, "normal" defenders, a halfback, 1 cm on auto, 1 roaming playmaker (macleod) on support, a Winger and an inside forward plus a complete forward with a switch to advanced forward sometimes. Having a better technically keeper now in jimenez i distribute balls to the fullbacks who are ordered to play it forward quick with small pass and retaining of the possession. My Vision is that the team plays small, disciplined when building up and the a quick attack via the wings. But mostly i score on corners. I also love players with high workrate/determination and good passing.

At the moment i use a 4-1-2-2-1 that is with Fullbacks, "normal" defenders, a halfback, 1 cm on auto, 1 roaming playmaker (macleod) on support, a Winger and an inside forward plus a complete forward with a switch to advanced forward sometimes. Having a better technically keeper now in jimenez i distribute balls to the fullbacks who are ordered to play it forward quick with small pass and retaining of the possession. My Vision is that the team plays small, disciplined when building up and the a quick attack via the wings. But mostly i score on corners. I also love players with high workrate/determination and good passing.

Do you have team instuctions though ? that is the bit I just cant get right.

Do you have team instuctions though ? that is the bit I just cant get right.

Retain Possession, Pass into Space, Work Ball into Box, Play out of defence, whipped crosses, exploit the flanks, look for overlap, play wider, push higher up (remove when playing better teams), close down more, get stuck in, use tighter marking, higher tempo, be more disciplined. With a control mentality.

You need quick players for these. Won 5:2 at home against BATE in cl qualifier round 3 with this instructions and the line up i posted before.

These are the "new" instructions i use beginning from season 2 in SPL (season 3 overall).

I also use a counter tactic, a modified one of a dutch tactic from koen (6.2 christian & captainKeano tweak, google it).

Retain Possession, Pass into Space, Work Ball into Box, Play out of defence, whipped crosses, exploit the flanks, look for overlap, play wider, push higher up (remove when playing better teams), close down more, get stuck in, use tighter marking, higher tempo, be more disciplined. With a control mentality.

You need quick players for these. Won 5:2 at home against BATE in cl qualifier round 3 with this instructions and the line up i posted before.

These are the "new" instructions i use beginning from season 2 in SPL (season 3 overall).

I also use a counter tactic, a modified one of a dutch tactic from koen (6.2 christian & captainKeano tweak, google it).

Thanks, will give it a go, start of season 1.

And how did it go?

This just in.

But iam really happy right now. Especially that i dont like the alot of the players from them (and the club) in RL.

TRp2rF5.png

Speaking of Bayern (Simeone is their Coach now):

Dqvm75M.png

Yeah sure. He would go there...

Won Championship by 13 points. Changed a couple of instructions, think I have only 8 now. Brought in a few Czech lads for top league, also Goodwillie and Gary M-S. See what happens. The young keeper McCrorie is now 4 stars after he played in cups, and he will now start as no 1 at 17 .

Started a games, just finished August. Undefeated, but only won one in the league (drawn 3). Real mixed form, smashing the cups, beat dundee 6-2. Stand out player so far is Aird. 10 games, 6 goals, 7 assists.

Transfer wise:

In: Boyata (loan), Will Keane (loan), Junior (loan), Mavris (loan), Luke O'neill (£130k) and Paolo Gazzinga (free). Not paying wages on any loans, and have some quality players there.

Out: Simmonson (free), Smith (7k with add ons)

Got Celtic in the cup soon so we'll see how that goes.

Had a great 3rd year in the Premiership. Everything was really good, beside Rithely getting sent off 4 times (record for me) and again a goalie flop.

Won Cup, Premiership and League Cup, got First Knockout Round of CL against Real Madrid, 0-0 at home 1:4 away so i was out, but still proud of the lads.

Player of the Year to me Aird, to the Fans also but to the Writers Macleod, he was injured alot sadly, young player of the Year my man Garry Currie.

Signed back Wilson, hope on him but stat wise he looks like he might be out of the XI next year. Will post a screen when iam done with transfers.

I think i`ll play until 2019 (when the contract runs out) and move on to another club then. Premiership is getting boring now.

Just finished my 19/20 season. I won the league by 3 points over ICT, won the League Cup against Falkirk 6-1 and then topped it all off by winning the Euro Cup against Man City 3-1.

Overall a very good season and one player really forced his way into the first team, Stephen Davidson. Signed him 2016 from Hamilton for £2m and I just rejected 2 £10m bids for him. He's fantastic alongside McLeod who got even better. Edit** He just broke his leg pre season and will be out for 7 months :(

y6ajyAa.png

My squad depth

FuJb1CK.png

My squad potential

Cnc93p4.png

My Profile for anyone interested,

LZaxo8l.png

Next season I'm planning on a CL quarter final and the domestic treble. Bought some new young players and I have finally got 2 very exciting young players coming through my youth ranks!

Quick update on the transfers for Season 3. Alot of these are Regens now, will be the last screenshot of transfers because that will increase.

(Arata, Roumain, Meza, Vargas all First team regens). Signed Musculus mainly because of that name but he got decent premiership talent also.

Have to watch out that the Squad is not getting "too international", having only 4 Scotsman in XI. I aim for unbeaten Premiership run, more than last year international and winning both cups.

VYOHn8j.png

HgU93e7.png

VrJuza5.png

Sneak up via the playoffs in the first season, then walked the Premiership.

Signings

Samuel Armentelos £425k took a while to getting going, goal every second game now

Wellington Silva £17.5k Class

Kristoffer Ajer £1.2m January window after board increased funds. Only played every second as only 17

All 3 have very low minimum release clauses, so need to sort that with the extra funds avaliable

Loans

Hector Bellelin plays anywhere on the right.....Quality, managed to sign him permanently but cost a hefty £4m

Julio Pieguezuelo

Danny Potts

Macleod didn't have a great 2nd season due to injury

Faure, Gasparotto....solid at the back

Aird came onto game after injury plagued start

Crawford, once he quit moaning about not enough game time, played very well, definitely proved me wrong

Nicky Law, great in the middle of the park chipped with 10 goals

Lyon, looks very good. A few starts brought on as a sub for experience.

Looking for staff recommendations, who's about that can bring on the youth?

Finally managed to get Boyata on loan for the season. Him and my other loan signing Paddy McCarthy from C Palace should do well. I'm also in negotiations with a 31 year-old unattached italian striker (his name is gone atm.), but then Crotone and Red Star came in with contract offers, so I don't think I'll get him.

Won the first two pre-season friendlies 3-0 and 7-0, so I'm satisfied. Next friendly is home to ADO of Holland.

Quick story about my first save. Piddling along in the first season with no real incomers apart from a Chelsea reserve on loan and sitting on top of Championship in October. Doing well in the League Cup and guess what?- drew Celtic at home in the last 8. ( as an aside, I have played a Rangers save in every game version since they were relegated and without fail have drawn Celtic and lost in the League Cup- I know that it cant be fixed but it happens every save!!).. Anyway, I am struggling with injuries and low starting condition, so start the game with few expectations. Struggle with possession and lose an early goal, but battled back and with 10 mins to go Templeton equalised. I had many players with condition in the 60s so threw on the subs to try and win it. No luck and went into extra time with the AM telling me how many of the players were exhausted- great, thanks for that- what do you want me to do about it having made all the substitutions?. Backs to the wall and held on for penalties with players condition now down in the 50s!. Went to set up the takers to find that the 4 players already pre-designated were not on the pitch now, so it was a complete lottery choosing the takers. Kept McCuloch to the end and after Bell saved their 5th one, he slotted it home for a famous victory. Had to play about 5 reserves in the next fixture due to fatigue, but boy, was it worth it.

Quick story about my first save. Piddling along in the first season with no real incomers apart from a Chelsea reserve on loan and sitting on top of Championship in October. Doing well in the League Cup and guess what?- drew Celtic at home in the last 8. ( as an aside, I have played a Rangers save in every game version since they were relegated and without fail have drawn Celtic and lost in the League Cup- I know that it cant be fixed but it happens every save!!).. Anyway, I am struggling with injuries and low starting condition, so start the game with few expectations. Struggle with possession and lose an early goal, but battled back and with 10 mins to go Templeton equalised. I had many players with condition in the 60s so threw on the subs to try and win it. No luck and went into extra time with the AM telling me how many of the players were exhausted- great, thanks for that- what do you want me to do about it having made all the substitutions?. Backs to the wall and held on for penalties with players condition now down in the 50s!. Went to set up the takers to find that the 4 players already pre-designated were not on the pitch now, so it was a complete lottery choosing the takers. Kept McCuloch to the end and after Bell saved their 5th one, he slotted it home for a famous victory. Had to play about 5 reserves in the next fixture due to fatigue, but boy, was it worth it.

Brilliant !!

Great Story. Good to hear the first Wins againt Celtic are always special.

Also that Ajer Kid is a blast, he is sadly playing for Liverpool in my save (17/18, he signed 15/16 for them) and i lost 0-4 against them in the last CL group match, Ajer was MotM.

If you can sign him, do.

Getting alot of other Clubs with a interested in me now, was really tempted by Villareal, i need some long term goals to keep this save attractive.

Maybe a CL win?

So, just finished season 3.

Summary

Season 1 , won Champs by 12 points

Season 2 , finished 3rd, beaten on last day of season by Hearts for them to pinch 2nd.

Season 3 , it all clicked, Won Top League by 8 points , winning with a 1 - 1 against CFC at Ibrox to clinch it. Won League Cup, Scottish Cup beaten on pens by Hibs .

Best players , Wallace and a loan signing that I have had for 2 years ,Demetri Mitchell a winger / IF from Man U who is brilliant.

As previously posted had struggled with formations/tactics as RFC in previous saves, but sticking to the 433 with a DM and 2 IF's and some advice from Rallav on instuctions ( thanks !) it has all paid off.

Archived