FM15 - Fulham FC - Craven Success - Time for a homegrown Cottage industry?

Welshace

Anyone want to suggest how best to use some of the players already at the club?

What tactics/instructions/roles to people use for players like:

Ross McCormack

George Williams

Chris David

Patrick Roberts

Cheers

I'd be tempted to try a narrow 4-2-3-1 with Roberts (AMLC) , McCormack (AMC) and Ruiz (AMRC) behind Woodrow. David can play CM. Could use McCormack as a second striker so he goes and partners him giving more space to the first two I mentioned who will rip the Championship up if they're put in the right system.

I know I don't have room for Williams in that idea but rotation is key with 46 league games + cup as well or on the financial side of things you could get rid of Ruiz for a good price and his high wages and play Williams instead of him. If you do sell Ruiz, I can't recommend Matt Ritchie enough. In my current Bournemouth save in the first season he's doing this from AMR :

5030959fc0f0afa892e6b5019de667ab.png

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had an absolutely brilliant season in 2015/16, a season after finishing 9th first season, I took the bold move of selling Roberts for 20 Million to Tottenham too good to refuse I thought, and in mid-season sold Savitskiy to Liverpool for 13 million. You can see how much I made in fees here, outweighing the spent fees by a considerable margin. Also surprised at how much i got for Mitroglou and Kaca, whilst I made the risky decision to sell both Woodrow and Vigen but had better options.

e8r4n5.jpg

As you can see I won the Championship and Aigner won Player of the Year for the league, yet didn't get in team of the year...work that one out. Lingard also did well and the goals really did get spread about. Got given 44 million for next season so should be splashing on a few good players.

2yl0bc2.jpg

2z8w504.jpg

I seem allergic to this game so far. Usually have no trouble doing well but I eventually got so fed up of being sacked and restarting that I just created a new manager after making it to January and getting the hook. At least I beat Felix... Could anyone post the formation they used first season? Particularly with instructions. I've tried 352, 532, 523, 4411, 442, 4312, 451 and quite possibly more. I've brought in a good young right back Peruzzi and sold Zverotic and Rodallega but bar that I have the original squad. It's been an emotional few weeks of failure.

Also has anyone else found the squad awful in front of goal? My shots on targets have been dreadful no matter what setup I've had.

Thanks having trouble importing it though. Moved it into tactics folder, manage tactics, then import but it isn't coming up there? Just realised teams are getting an insane number of crosses against the 532, around 50 a match. I think that may be part of the issue...

Just a quick update on my game...

Just got to the last day of the transfer window and I'm in the fortunate position of not seeing how I could improve my squad even though I have plenty of cash to spend

(£4.5million left in the kitty)

Transfers:

87c714db0e5cbad7a7043466d8a43975.png

Only changes from the last update are the arrivals of Steve Cook and young Toney ... Cook was brought in mainly as I have no confidence in Bodurov and Cook is described as the next Tony Adams so I couldn't resist (oh and boy did he deliver.. 2 games and 2 MotM's for him.. amazing).

Toney was bought in by Huw Jennings and I trust him so why not? few goals already in the reserves.. seems to have some potential too.

Results so far:

d1c594c7987dfa8810f3a29c4dcbd761.png

Apart from the blip at Derby (who trounced us btw) it's all going great, very happy with the tactic and very happy with the players, the only slight niggle is that my first choice strikeforce aren't performing... thank god for supersub Dag Olsen is coming up with the goods to keep us ticking over, hoping Ross and Cauley sort themselves out soon though.

Favourite player I have has been Sane.. as expected he's been superb at the back.. keeping Tore Reginiussen out in fact.

Reminder of how great he looks for 100k or so.

b96f51e116c87660e272a3be08a09e0a.png

So.. in summary... five games in and sitting top of the league and pretty pleased.. watch this space :)

Alright guys, I've started a Fulham save and just got past the January transfer window so I'll do a little update.

Transfers

Players for the First Team

Adama Traore (loan)

Pedor Lopez

Dele Alli

[January]

Munoz

Gaston Romero

Players for Backup and Rotation

Ruben Neves (loan)

Dag Olsen

Maurice-Belay (loan - subsequently ended)

[January]

Mackay-Steven

Tore Reginiussen

Youth Players and Hot Prospects

N/A

Transfer Thoughts

I've been pleased with how we've gone about our business in the transfer market thus far, it has helped that the Chairman was willing to invest in the squad and give us the opportunity to bring in some of the names we have done. I've been trying to ship out a few more players but they've been no takers.

Sky Bet Championship

Sky_Bet_Championship_logo.png

All our results to date and we're just about top of the table after 28 games. Still a large chunk of the season to go and it doesn't look like it's getting any easier! Happy to still be in contention for an auto-promotion spot, and to be honest with the team we now have I would be very disappointed not to achieve it.

The Results

oUzVt94.png

League Table

2om3h8Q.png

Capitol One Cup

Capital_One_Cup_Logo.png

An absolutely unreal run in this competition. Shocked we've been able to make it to the final, and I really don't know how the Prem sides didn't go at us more. Looking at the results it's clear to see which player relishes the cup matches!

Pn3mxQa.png

FA Cup

170px-FA_Cup_logo_%282014%29.jpg

Nothing to see here we got knocked out by Leeds in the third round. Poor.

Key Personnel

Player Stats

Key Players

Dan Burn - Been solid all season but has recently stated he wants to move to a Prem side. Should be able to keep him happy if we achieve promotion

Patrick Roberts - A diamond for the most part of the season and our leading goal scorer. Really good player, can't wait to see him develop some

Adam Traore - I'm gutted this guy is only here on loan, much like Roberts he can make things happen. His high dribbling and pace make him a nightmare for defends at this level, breezes past them with ease, but again like Roberts, his final ball/shot can be a bit wayward

Dele Alli - Glad I picked this guy up in the end as I was debating over whether he would justify the price (and almost all my starting budget), but he has performed really well, keeps things ticking over in midfield nicely and pops up with the assist/goal here and there

While I'm here I may as well let you know I'm playing a 4-1-4-1 with Roberts and Traore on either wing cutting inside with Alli as a roaming playmaker sitting next to a CMa. I am having troubles getting my striker involved and scoring regularly though, currently have them down as a DLFs. I suppose this may be down to my goal scoring threats are naturally my wingers cutting into space.

Started my Fulham save last night, didn't get to do much before I noticed my laptop was on 7% and my power cable had broken.

Here are my deals so far:

t556ki.png

Still looking to ship 1 or 2 more out, I've got a deal for Balanta going through too.

My only concern is that I bought Sané, but he's go the "WP" icon next to his name, anyone else had this?

You must have missed a message about him not getting his work permit.. you can still sign them but need to send them on loan to gain a work permit for a few seasons :/Sane got one on appeal for me.

Yeah, disappointed, but I've sent him on loan (to Norway) for a season. Will that help do you think?

Did a few more ins & outs last night:

e5r8zc.png

Little tip: you can ask the board for more wages, in turn you can push that into your transfer budget.

Managed to bring in Samper on loan from Barcelona.

I've had a mixed start to the season (had a few injuries), but I think its down to my tactics taking time to bed in, plus the large turnaround of players:

2ypb3oz.png

EDIT: Whats the crack with FFP and Fulham on this? I'm currently -£2m on the FFP, but my mate said he got half way through the season and his FFP was fine, even through he's spent more than me?

Thanks having trouble importing it though. Moved it into tactics folder, manage tactics, then import but it isn't coming up there? Just realised teams are getting an insane number of crosses against the 532, around 50 a match. I think that may be part of the issue...

I had trouble to, turns out that the file was blocked on my PC. If you still have problem, right click on the file and unblock it. (Hope it makes sense, english not my best language)

Just aBout to start the challenge of bringing Fulham back to glory but also want to make it a British team. Any hints and tips on who to keep and who to buy will be appreciated. Also what's best tactics for Fulham?

I've been using a 3-5-2, had to tweek it after the patch:

inzubm.png

Here's my Fulham update so far, currently at the end of January, top of the league comfortably:

2q20fp4.png

Out of the league & FA Cups, but not fussed really. This season was all about returning to the top division.

Here is my transfers, the chairman gave me £15m in January:

egeknk.png

Also picked up this lad for £575K:

mmx3zr.png

2014/15 Season Review

Sky_Bet_Championship_logo.png

The Results

LU3buJa.png

Final League Table

PJa8ybt.png

League Analysis

We went on an incredible run in the second half of the season and played some great stuff along the way, can't fault the lads on that front. Hugely delighted with promotion, but it would have been a terrible season had we not considering the team we had and the finances provided to make the necessary recruitments. A few more clean sheets would have been nice but who am I to complain!

Capital_One_Cup_Logo.png

Carrying on from my previous update, we were in the final against Tottenham. Here is how the match ended:

EUap6Pa.png

I was devastated. We plugged away all game and almost pulled off a remarkable victory against a very strong Spurs team. But to concede in the 120th took everything out of us. My captain missed early doors in the shootout and it just went downhill. Excellent run to get to the final by any means, but a horrible way to go out!

170px-FA_Cup_logo_%282014%29.jpg

As before we didn't progress at all. Some strange results in the competition though!

NCHUyhQ.png

Squad Review

Player Stats | Team Report

GK

Kiraly

Bettinelli

Rating: 2/10

Comments: Kiraly played almost every game this season and was largely decent. He has now retired however, but I don't think would have made the step up to the Prem. Will see how Stekelenburg fares in his stead.

CB

Bodurov

Burn

Munoz

Reginiussen

Rating: 5.5/10

Comments: Burn was almost ever-present and enjoyed seeing him develop. The step to the Prem will be huge and time will tell if he can make it. Munoz has good potential and I'm looking for him to step up. Reginiussen and Bodurov will likely provide nothing more than backup. I wouldn't mind an additional here during the summer.

FB

Pedro Lopez

Stafylidis

Sean Kavanagh

Rating: 3/10

Comments: Probably our weakest area in the team and very thin on numbers. Stafylidis' loan is now up so a LB is key. Lopez looks like he may do a season at Prem level.

MC

Parker

Gaston Romero

Ruiz

Dele Alli

Chris David

Rating:6/10

Comments: Romero and Alli will certainly be able to make the step up in my opinion and Parker has the right mental stats to bring on late in games to keep the boat steady. David put in some solid performances at the end of the season and well kept his place in the squad. Ruiz hasn't quite found his home in my formation and his contract is up in a year. Undecided whether to offer him a new one.

Wide Players

Adama Traore

Roberts

Mackay-Steven

George Williams

Larnell Cole

Rating: 6.5/10

Comments: Traore and Roberts were the stars out wide and will do so going into the Prem. I've renewed Traore's loan for another season which is great, I think he'll do some damage in the Prem. I will need to look for a permanent winger though. Mackay-Steven barely featured as I just couldn't afford to drop the main two. Williams covered when needed. I don't think Cole has a future here.

ST

McCormack

Cauley Woodrow

Dag Olsen

Moussa Dembele

Rating: 5/10

Comments: I struggled to get my strikers performing consistently. McCormack was #1 at the start of the season but under-performing cost him his place. Woodrow looked the more impressive and finished the season as first choice. My concern is a lack of goals if I don't bring another striker in. McCormack may have to leave.

Top Scorers: Roberts (14), Traore (11), Woodrow, McCormack (6)

Top Assisters: Alli, Ruiz, David (6)

Behind the Scenes

Finances

Healthy enough with the influx of Prem money. Ideally we'll be a profit making club in the near future.

Next Season

League: the board expect a mid-table finish so that will be the aim.

Squad: Improve the problem areas and get rid of a few high earners who won't feature. Hopefully the personnel turnover isn't too high and disruptive.

Gained promotion to the Premier League with Fulham, comfortably, here is the table with 5 games to go:

f583uw.png

Probably my best result of season:

bf2cf9.png

And some of my star performers:

nozhbs.png

2q401ap.png

9r57xg.png

10e39tf.png

Also picked up Munir on loan in January, he wasn't that impressive really.

Got plans on giving my young team a chance to shine in the Premier League, plus build a top-class scouting network.

I just can't seem to get Fulham going at all. We ship loads of goals (even when I bolster the defence with players like Balanta and Perruzzi) and don't score often enough (just can't get McCormack or Woodrow playing like some of you do). Keep giving up after the first ten or so games, as I feel like my transfers don't seem to improve my team, yet when I buy hardly anyone, my team still struggles.

Unfortunately, where I start and re-start, I don't necessarily have a standard way of attacking this problem.

I tend to buy (based off of what I've seen in here):

Balanta

Peruzzi

Alli

Stevanovic

Hansen

I've also at times bought:

Coric

Saeter

Wilson (on loan from Man United)

Niang (on loan from AC Milan)

Kramaric

I always sell:

Rodallega

Zverotic

Trotta

I sometimes sell:

Ruiz

David (once, to free up some money)

I've tried playing 3-5-2 and 4-5-1 (with a DM, an AMR and an AML), a 4-4-2 Diamond and a standard 4-4-2. With the 3-5-2, I tried to play with overlapping fullbacks, 4-5-1 by exploiting the flanks, and through the middle with the 4-4-2 Diamond. I play short possession passing, run at the defence and a couple of other instructions. I close down the short goalie passes, and play with a high tempo. I tend to avoid route one and shooting on sight. I don't really touch any of the cross instructions and how high my marking line is.

Hope this at least gives you some indication of what I've tried to do.

I'm in the same boat. Just can't get Fulham to work. Neither 442 or 4231 Wide work for me. I seem to oscillate between 4-0s and 0-4s. Sometimes the team just collapses from the outset, regardless of how defensive I set my settings. I buy/sell similar players (Alli, Peruzzi, MacLeod, Sisto) (Ruiz, Trotta, Zverotic, Rodellega). I can score enough goals but my defence is atrocious! Stafylidis, Kiraly, Amorebieta and Hoogland are all horrible, Burn is the only decent one for me.

I've found that most of my away fixtures I lose, probably because I'm too reckless. But sometimes I'll lose 5-0 at home for no apparent reason.

Top class defender to bolster my defence? 2nd season in and I'm 5th in the prem just need a top class defender to partner balanta!

I play three a the back but I have Balanta, Dede and Umtiti beginning of second season

I also bought Toloi and he is solid for the money you will pay. I am currently 7th in my first season in the Prem. Woodrow is unbelievable on my game he has 17 in 21 pre games and just won European Striker of the year.

So here are my ins/outs for the start of the 2nd season (2015/2016), had a good window, strengthened in the right areas, I now a have a solid squad and I want to give opportunity to my younger players that got me out of the Championship:

2wrjjoh.png

Also signed a deal with this kid, for £5m, who arrives in January along with Luka Jović:

2qjcc3m.png

I brought in 5 new scouts, and set them out around the world, I need a bigger pool of scouts, but there's a lack of quality additions out there that will join me. I need to increase my scouted player pool to give me a better opportunity of signing quality youngsters to put into my youth system. Olawale was spotted purely by accident, by me.

Also improved the coaching set up with the additions of David Platt and Paul Scholes.

Think this is a bit quite, what's up with people!?

Played a few games with Fulham last night, first season back in the Premiership, so far its going well. Didn't start so great, losing 1-0 to Leicester and 2-1 to Manchester United, but found my feet after that. Suddenly become Arsenal's bogey team, doing them 0-1 in the league at the Emirates with my young team:

2l93akk.png

Then doing them with my 2nd string in the League Cup (which I'm now in the quarter finals of) :D

w22hvn.png

So far, I'm performing above expectations:

2mmflox.png

With Jovic arriving in January, I may decide terminate Munir & Wilson's loans to free space up in my squad. Berahino has started to settle down now with 3 goals in his last 3 games, and Roberts & Woodrow has just received their first England caps.

Roberts won European golden boy :D He's really coming on now...

2h4l5yh.png

I managed to beat Tottenham in the 3rd round, to set up a 4th round away fixture with Rochdale. Whilst Leyton Orient knocked out Manchester City :D

344ds0n.png

I played around 6 weeks in total last night, here's the current standings:

2exbxx5.png

Don't like the way tutoring is done this year. Is it possible to get Patrick Roberts tutor'd as his determination makes me cry

Have to agree, I couldn't find a way to tutor him. I only just managed to unsettle him by putting him in the U18s and changing his squad status to try and get him tutored from the start.

I'm in 2017 sitting just 2 points off second with 6 matches left to play. Roberts has been a wonderful player for me so far, but apparently at the age of 20 he's playing close to his potential (according to my Head of Youth, Parnaby). Which is pretty disappointing.

I've got to halfway through the season (finally) and am sitting in 4th place.

I'm happy with my signings and how my team are playing, but I fear I'm doing my usual thing of just flinging money at players now for the sake of it. Bought an 18 year old Hungarian striker because I liked the look of him more than anything, and have bought about 3 different CBs as well. Transfer windows always get me too excited...

Archived