Sports Interactive Community
Wijnand fens

What is your longest period by one club??

Wijnand Fens, I'm amazed by your devotion to the beautiful games (football and FM!)

You have inspired me to try for a really long save game with the club I support, St. Albans City, in FM09!

I won't be able to go for 14 hour playing sessions like you but I will see how far I can get!

Unfortunately (!) I don't have as much time to play as you do as I have a very busy life with studying and lots of other hobbies to take up my spare time. I have to get an hour in here and there when I can.

On FM07, I managed to get to season 2019/2020 with St. Albans City. That's only 14 seasons - a poor effort by your standards! It was by far my greatest ever FM save though.

On FM08, I've only managed about 10 years I think in a career save where I started out with St. Albans City, then went to Derry City, moved to Kaiserslautern, took over as Ghana manager, then went on to Leverkusen. It was a good save but not as fun as my long-term games with my favourite team.

So, inspired by your thread, I am going to start a marathon game with St. Albans City as soon as FM09 is out. I'll try and take them into the football league! :D I'll also try to play as much as possible so that I can get further into the game!

I've bought some new RAM for my laptop in order to be able to play FM09 even longer so time to put it to good use! :D

Wijnand Fens, I'm amazed by your devotion to the beautiful games (football and FM!)

You have inspired me to try for a really long save game with the club I support, St. Albans City, in FM09!

I won't be able to go for 14 hour playing sessions like you but I will see how far I can get!

Unfortunately (!) I don't have as much time to play as you do as I have a very busy life with studying and lots of other hobbies to take up my spare time. I have to get an hour in here and there when I can.

On FM07, I managed to get to season 2019/2020 with St. Albans City. That's only 14 seasons - a poor effort by your standards! It was by far my greatest ever FM save though.

On FM08, I've only managed about 10 years I think in a career save where I started out with St. Albans City, then went to Derry City, moved to Kaiserslautern, took over as Ghana manager, then went on to Leverkusen. It was a good save but not as fun as my long-term games with my favourite team.

So, inspired by your thread, I am going to start a marathon game with St. Albans City as soon as FM09 is out. I'll try and take them into the football league! :D I'll also try to play as much as possible so that I can get further into the game!

I've bought some new RAM for my laptop in order to be able to play FM09 even longer so time to put it to good use! :D

thanks for your appreciation!!

tonight I put some screens in this thread, I just started with season 57.

-I have an own home, a full timejob, a girlfriend, play soccer, and sport almost every day, how I do this?

I have bought a very small 12 inch laptop, so when my girlfriend watch TV or a movie, I play FM, not hide behind a large laptop, no we can talk and she can see me, and FM is a passive game, so you had the time for a conversation.

Wijnand

Your my hero. I'm the same as the guy who wants to play with St. Albans, but im going to do it with Marine, cuz they are local and im in a youth team there.

I think I've done 9 or 10 seasons a few times before.

I'd love to have a real long-term game going but I'm always disappointed by the quality of regens later on in the game and decide to start another new game, safe in the knowledge that the players are "solid" :thup:

here some screens

Just started with Season 57

Manager info season 57

Managerinformationseason57.jpg

Manager stats season 57

Managerstatsseason57.jpg

Richest club season 57

richestclubseason57.jpg

Doei Wijnand

Hi Wijnand,

I'm reading your stats & you must be insane. (in a positive way) You played over 20,000 days that is simply crazy!

Have you a screenshot for the best eleven players in Salernitana history. Since I have never even come close to completing 50 seasons let alone 57, it would be interesting to see.

Hope you reach your target though.

Cheers

Hi Wijnand,

I'm reading your stats & you must be insane. (in a positive way) You played over 20,000 days that is simply crazy!

Have you a screenshot for the best eleven players in Salernitana history. Since I have never even come close to completing 50 seasons let alone 57, it would be interesting to see.

Hope you reach your target though.

Cheers

He

Here my best eleven

Bestelevenseason57.jpg

I hope to reach 100 seasons and more!!

Thanks for the quick response. You have inspired me to break 50 seasons in FM09.

Thanks again.

Before I start a game, I choose always 3 countries to play and select 10 countries to get all the players, so yes I had a lot of superb regens.

Wijnand, I'm interested in your setup.

I was wondering, why do you choose three countries when you only manage one team for the whole game? I'm curious!

When I know I will only manage one team on a game I only pick that country to make sure the game will play as quickly as possible. Just wondering if there is a specific reason you have decided to set the game up like this.

And what are the 10 countries you have loaded for players? I'm curious about this too.

Has your game got much slower as you have progressed through time?

C.

Three countries, for feeder clubs (china commercial reason, Holland, home country and to loan my young players to dutch teams)

And the 10 countries load al players, to have enough regens when I'm in season 50 - 60

anyway my game is very fast!!

10 counties

1. Finland

2. Norway

3. Chili

4. Ecuador

5. Colombia

6. Belgium

7. Brazil

8. Argentina

9. England

10. Spain

Doei Wijnand

Three countries, for feeder clubs (china commercial reason, Holland, home country and to loan my young players to dutch teams)

And the 10 countries load al players, to have enough regens when I'm in season 50 - 60

anyway my game is very fast!!

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Very interesting!

It is a good idea to have the countries loaded for feeder clubs. Makes good sense to me.

Do you ever try international management as well as club management in this game?

And have you been offered any good jobs that you have had to turn down to stay with Salernitana?

Oh, and one last question, is there any reason that you picked to play with Salernitana, like maybe they are your favourite Italian team in real life or something like this?

This is a really excellent thread! Enjoyed looking at your screenshots too!

C.

i play this game every minute i have.

Example:

Monday: 7:30 go to work, 16:15 at home, start fm around 16:30, eat while playing, close fm at 23:00 go to sleep = 5,5 hours 1 hour sport

tuesday the same = 5,5 hours

wednesday the same = 6,5 hours (no sport)

thursday the same = 5,5 hours

friday the same (not when my favourite team plays at home) = 5,5 hours

saturday a wake at 9:00 start fm, play in the whole day, close at 23:00, go out and dance :-) = 14 hours

sunday a wake at 10:00 start fm, play it the whole day, close it at 23:00. = 11 hours.

Total game time in a week: 43, 5 hours a week.

I'm a system engineer at a school, so every 7 or 8 weeks i had 1 or 2 week off, than i play fm 14 hours a day.

I have an own home, a job, a girlfriend, play soccer, and sport every day, how i do this?

I have bought a very small laptop 12 inch, so when my girlfriend watch tv or a movie, i play fm, not hide behind a large laptop, no we can talk and she can see me, and fm is a passive game, so you had the time for a conversation.

That's my explanation!

At the moment: Game time 58 days 21 hours 42 minutes

days at the club: 18559

doei wijnand

you are my hero!

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Very interesting!

It is a good idea to have the countries loaded for feeder clubs. Makes good sense to me.

Do you ever try international management as well as club management in this game?

And have you been offered any good jobs that you have had to turn down to stay with Salernitana?

Oh, and one last question, is there any reason that you picked to play with Salernitana, like maybe they are your favourite Italian team in real life or something like this?

This is a really excellent thread! Enjoyed looking at your screenshots too!

C.

Yes, all big countries have asked me to be there manager, I say no, I want to concentrated on my salernitana team.

PSV Eindhoven, Juventus and AC Milan have asked me to be there manager, I refused

No special reason to pick up Salernitana, I remember Salernitana back in 1998 (the play in the SerieA) So I want to bring them back to that level and more (now I'm a serie A, CL and Cup winner)

What does the Game Status say translated in English after 66 Days, 6 Hours, 6 minutes?:D

What does the Game Status say translated in English after 66 Days, 6 Hours, 6 minutes?:D

nothing to see here, move along.................

FM 07 I was with Hibs until 2036 then FM 08 came out...Spartak Moscow till 2027 then my computer crashed while saving and I lost the game.

what did you win in season 57 ?

serie A and the Italian Cup

Reach semi final CL won at home 3-0 away I lose 8-4 (against Bayern)

I've reached 2073 in one save

in that i spent 21 years at West ham,which has been my longest reign

I want to reach 100 seasons, I hope it is possible, every day I made a back up of this game.

Right now season 50 in December.

That would be a bit unrealistic though wouldn't it. I think the cut off point should be 40 years really. I mean how many managers still manage clubs into their 80's? Rinus Michels perhaps and that guy who used to manage Dinamo Kiev.

The longest i've ever managed a club is 7 seasons with Napoli on CM01/02. I just get really bored and end up starting another game.

I really appreciate you running the club 50 years without getting fired nor bored. Also you were not winning constantly but still remain there which makes the game even more interesting in my opinion. I hope your 2b money will not disapper for some strange reasons.

@2055 Portugese and Brazilian teams are among the richest clubs in the world. I guess your FM has witnessed a big financial rotation in the globe.

have u got filter unrealistic targets and not include your own players on the player search because my mate is about 2020 and the value of players is like £40million for the top players

have u got filter unrealistic targets and not include your own players on the player search because my mate is about 2020 and the value of players is like £40million for the top players

The players you see in post 178 are my own players,

here is a search list:

Searchlist.jpg

quite surprised about how long people stay with clubs for. I think my record is 4 seasons with Hull city and maybe 6 with Liverpool but not really ever more than that.

Keep on going Wijnand!

What will you do when FM09 comes out in three weeks time though?

It will be difficult to start again but perhaps you will be able to get a new long game going on FM09! :)

mine:

- Now in FM2008 I 'm just started with season 49 with my club Salernitana. 49 years long the manager of salernitana, from serie C to Serie A, now i'm a serie A and champions league winner, value of the club: 2,5 billion euro's, my age 73, and still going strong

(without going on holiday!!!, play time is more than 55 days)

hmm, I am in 2029 in my current game and I got playtime of 82 days... and I am not really playing that slowly or watching anything other than highlights in fastest speed.

currently coming to the end of season 10 with birmingham trophies so far-

1 coca cola championship

3 league cups (runner up 4 times)

1 fa cup

1 champions league (runner up once)

2 premiership titles (on course for my third in a row this season)

note-never finished outside the top 4 in the premiership with this team

Keep on going Wijnand!

What will you do when FM09 comes out in three weeks time though?

It will be difficult to start again but perhaps you will be able to get a new long game going on FM09! :)

Yes it is difficult, play FM09 or my Salernitana save.

Maybe I switch every day!!

Interesting you mention China for feeder teams, surely it's possible to get Chinese clubs as feeders without having to run their league, or am I missing something? Have you any other tips that can really help build a club financially? I'm stunned by your dedication Wijnand, this is an amazing achievement!

Interesting you mention China for feeder teams, surely it's possible to get Chinese clubs as feeders without having to run their league, or am I missing something? Have you any other tips that can really help build a club financially? I'm stunned by your dedication Wijnand, this is an amazing achievement!

You are right about feeder clubs and running leagues, I didn't know that when i'm starting this save.

To build a club financially.... Buy young good players, and sell them for million of euro's to the topteams, and keep the wages low. And maybe the most important: win prices.

Maybe also important is to get (as a small club) a good topteam Mother club, they loan you there players, so you can get promoted or win other prices.

When I'm at season 60 I put some sceenshot on this thread.

Doei Wijnand

You shoud be the best gamer at any game in the world Wijnand Fens your dedication is unrivaled

I thought the point was that you are better able to monitor players who play for the feeder club if the league is active, i.e. you can see them play 'real' games as opposed to the players just having stats calculated by the game as your progress. Therefore it would surely help with potential signings or loaned players. You'd be able to see detailed stats for them or even watch them play.

Wijnand, how long does it take you to complete a season?

I'm curious about this too.

Can't wait to see screenshots for season 60 Wijnand!

Would you ever take over Holland in international management as well as continuing with the mighty Salernitana?

Maybe England instead because I imagine we could do with a manager of your pedigree in the 2060s! ;)