Sports Interactive Community
Wijnand fens

What is your longest period by one club??

How come I could guess that the OP is either German or Dutch by the thread title? :D

What is your longest period by one club?? :D?

mine was a season and a bit at Dag & Red.

I just got FM08 about 2 months ago. so still getting used to it.

I am with Real Madrid now that is preety sweet i should beat at least

2 seasons here.

Jeez...I always get happy when I've finished one season! Now I see that somebody is able to do 49 years worth!

Either way, my best is 1 season - yes, 1 season. On Fm 07 with Sheffield United. Then it corrupted - and I had no backup. >_<

I can't believe that you have been there nearly half a century and you still are not a fans favourite despite winning the champions league. Shame on your fans.

Also your CB Cervino scored 110 goals for you, that's unbelievable. How you've managedd to keep going I'll never know, my best effort was about 7 seasons.

Cervino was also a striker, that's the reason he scored a lot of goals, and he scored a lot from corners.

I used many tactics, the first years (promotion years) I use the Fiore tactic, and I used the vodu tactics, and now the a variant of the kimz tactic (the best so far)

When I buy a good young player, I try to give him a contract for life!! every new contract offer I give him a 5 year contract.

So I have players who played more than 600 matches for my team.

Here mine overall eleven:

besteleven.jpg

Watch Lauri Dalla Valle, bought him when he was 16 he retired when he was 36.

And that's only the matches he played in the serie A, I think he played more than 1000 matches for my team, and I can't give him a testimonial, IT's a SHAME!!

Juve Stabbia ( i do not remember how many "b"s it had) around 15 seasons in cm01/02 ( i even won a championship ! )

Brann Bergen around 20 seasons in fm07

My longest ever is probably with Leeds on CM01/02, think I got to 2030 or something like that. On the FM's I've never had a really long save, longest since 2005 probably being my Arsenal one where I got to 2016.

What an effort Wijnand, I wish I could stay interested in a single game for that long, I'm hoping to stay on a while with Sheff Utd though :)

I want to reach 100 seasons, I hope it is possible, every day I made a back up of this game.

Right now season 50 in December.

12 years on CM3 with Liverpool.

Right now I'm in my third season with NUFC on the 8.02 patch, which is about the most enjoyable version of the game I've seen for quite a while.

I'm currently in 2092 with Tottenham, and been with them for 80 years now.

My son has already played under me, gotten over 700 first team league appearances, and retired to become my assisant manager!

I'll try and get a screenshot

I'm currently in 2092 with Tottenham, and been with them for 80 years now.

My son has already played under me, gotten over 700 first team league appearances, and retired to become my assisant manager!

I'll try and get a screenshot

WOW is this true???

About 7 years with Grimsby back in CM02/03, and 7 with Forest in FM08. I also had a period of about the same with Jamaica. Up until a month ago, I've always had hardware which ran the game slowly, so a would season crawled by. Now started a new game on a new computer, and it whizzes - so between now and FM09, I should easily break my record.

4 seasons with FC Liege on FM 07. Back to top flight from the Belgian 3rd, avoided relegation... then new patch with updated transfers came up in the middle of the fourth season ^^

I think I had a record with this save!!!??

Still in season 50, my age (start with age of 25) is 74, game time 56 days and 13 hours

I had a problem when it's 14 november, play with FM09 or with this record save on FM08

in the challenges thread theres a save uploaded that is 2207 ;)

Is that the period managing one team? or just 2207 (going on holiday)

I'm currently in my Real Madrid save i'm in 2011 won league every year cup nearly every year and CL twice + various minor trophies ie super cup, confed etc... Am also holland manager since start of season on course to qualify for 2012 world cup and then we'll see where i go from there but i won't win it dont think lol!

EDIT: Also, why load china league lol? for fun?

I'm currently in my Real Madrid save i'm in 2011 won league every year cup nearly every year and CL twice + various minor trophies ie super cup, confed etc... Am also holland manager since start of season on course to qualify for 2012 world cup and then we'll see where i go from there but i won't win it dont think lol!

EDIT: Also, why load china league lol? for fun?

China, Yes for fun, maybe china has talented young players, btw that's not true!!

18068 days at the club right now

My age 75

Every possible minute I play this game!!!

KUTGW Wijnand! :thup:

My longest was getting to 2018 on FM 2007 with Nottingham Forest, winning the league, both cups and the champions league before jumping ship for a struggling Bayern Munich, and watching the AI destroy my Nottingham Forest side, selling all the young, valuable regens and replacing them with old useless players. Damn you Martin Jol!

Managed to get into the 2030s on FM07, but i find myself getting bored too easily on FM08 just because of how poor the regens are. Am currently in 2021 and its getting time to bring more youth into the team again, but there aren't any quality players to bring in which just frustrates me immensely! I remember finding an awesome regen on FM07, called Andrea Maggi, bought him for £100m when he was just 18, boy was he worth it! The regens in FM07 may have been too good sometimes, but who's to say that the standard of players & football won't increase over the years?? Btw, massive kudos for managing to get through 51 seasons!

How come your not in the favoured personnel Wijnand?

surely they must like you to be paying you 19,250,000 euros at such an old age.

KUTGW!!

Mines was with rangers for 22 years then Andy Webster Took over when i moved to Albion rovers lmao Andy Webster later then managed inter milan after 2 seasons =/

Very impressive. I hope to have a really long career with Bristol Rovers on Fm 09.

Do you watch key highlights? And if so at what speed?

I can't get very far through these games because I tend to watch the full game. If I tried to go for 49 seasons I'd end up looking like this guy.

49 years is incredible :thup:

As for the most I've managed....well, I never really get more than 5 or 6 seasons at one club. I get itchy feet easily!!

Were your team rich when you took over them are they a big club in 08 for 09 i bet you my longest game will be with AFC Wimbeldon it willl be like oxford Cant wait!

On a game of my own I have gone 10 seasons with Arsenal in FM08.

I do take more pride of myself and a mate's network game we have got to 2016 (8 seasons) both with the same clubs (me Arsenal, him United). Obviously with two people playing it takes quite a while and the save is already 11 days old. Unfortunatly we have stopped playing because my mate found an old game (not FM) he loves and won't play anything else at the moment and with the release of FM09 around the corner it looks as though we won't be playing it ever again. :(

My best... thirteen seasons with Barnet on fm 08... left to be England manager after winning the quadruple... game has crashed since then plus lost my disc whilst moving house so no more fm till november for me...

Just as Rangers once again about to go into forth season equalling my FM08 record, and i think my all time record. Although starting to get bored and thinking of leaving at the end of my contract to see if i can get a job elsewhere but i would like to remain in Scotland.

Doesnt that pick of you're team show the most expensive player you've bought on the bench? Lol

You talking about Johan Griepentrog?? bought him for 140 million euro's. He's the best player I ever had, now he is in the first 11, of by best team ever.

btw: just started with season 52

Very impressive. I hope to have a really long career with Bristol Rovers on Fm 09.

Do you watch key highlights? And if so at what speed?

don't use key highlights, only comment

On FM 08 i have got to 2021/22 with King's Lynn but have since started a new game with Chimney Corner in Northern Ireland where i'm currently upto 2013/14 i think i'll be sticking with this one for some time though.