What is your longest period by one club??

mine:

- CM99/00 I was 69 seasons long the manager of PSV Eindhoven, my age 102 years old

- Now in FM2008 I 'm just started with season 79 with my club Salernitana. 79 years long the manager of salernitana, from serie C to Serie A, now i'm a serie A and champions league winner, value of the club: 2,5 billion euro's

(without going on holiday!!!) NO CHEATING!!!

Just started with season 80

What is your longest period with one club??

wijnand

I've been at Bayern for 16 seasons now and that's probably my all time record in CM or FM. Would have been longer if i'd played that save constantly, but i'm enjoying a couple of other saves at the same time with Wisla Krakow and Hertha Berlin.

mine:

Now in FM2008 I 'm just started with season 49 with my club Salernitana. 49 years long the manager of salernitana, from serie C to Serie A, now i'm a serie A and champions league winner, value of the club: 2,5 billion euro's, my age 73, and still going strong

(without going on holiday!!!, play time is more than 55 days)

wijnand

Pretty impressive, any screenshots?

19 seasons at Forest on CM 03/04. I never had the time to get really past 10 seasons in any of the FMs because I had school and college to deal with but now I have a gap year and then the easyness of uni to come I should be able to beat that record!

i managed 14 seasons with cambridge on 06. took them too prem in 6 sesons and won the uefa in consecutive seasons (with 3 from my conference squad still knocking about). was never going to break the top 4 so scarpered to real madrid where i spent 10 before my laptop died and made me consider suicide after putting so much into the career!

play time 55 days bloody hell lol my longest time at a club is about 6 seasons and i thought that was good loyalty.

49 years tho i cant believe it thats immense how du do that without getting bored???

when I get bored, I start a new game with a different team, but after a few days I desire to my Salernitana game.

I Love it!!

Interesting leagues played. Also do you find there are plenty of good regens knocking around that far in the game with only a medium database, Wijnand?

Before I start a game, I choose always 3 countries to play and select 10 countries to get all the players, so yes I had a lot of superb regens.

example

Regen Carlos

Carlos.jpg

Regen Krsmanovic

Krsmanovic.jpg

My team is full with this superb players

only managed 8 or 9 seasons up til now, mind you that was anaging as liverpool, it gets a bit boring after a while with them. into my 6th season as Nottm Forest atm though, and doing well, managed to turn them into a mid-table prem side so far, hoping to keep improving...

As per usual though all the regens have abysmal physical stats :(

I'm 16 seasons behind you, but I can remember who the greats have been as if they were real. Radusovic, Hernandez, Muller, Carlos ahhh there have been some world beaters. Curse Radusovic. Banged in about 50 a year and no price could ever shift him.

Unfortunately physical problems are endemic in regens. Ho hum.

In other news, I've brought about hundreds of players and sold hundreds more than you have. I'm always searching for a star regen though so there is a lot of chaff to sort through.

play time 55 days bloody hell lol my longest time at a club is about 6 seasons and i thought that was good loyalty.

49 years tho i cant believe it thats immense how du do that without getting bored???

The most I've done is 3 seasons. No joke. I've played FM regularly since 06 but I get bored too easily when I win things too easily or things don't go my way. Basically when my previously fantastic players last season suddenly turn to ***** I switch off and get ****ed off. Man Utd are too easy, Bristol City don't have the squad or the money-which is strange seeing how good they are irl :cool:-and Udinese flattened everyone too quickly. On the 8.00 patch mind. Gyan is awesome on that. So now I'm on QPR :) Oh and that's all the clubs I've ever played. The major ones. The small ones were just Rushden and some Chinese team. Interesting but the players were a bit too crap for my liking.

I've played FM/CM since 00/01 but the most I've ever managed is only about 3 or 4 as well I think. My attention span is pretty poor and my commitment is even worse so I usually get bored quickly and start another game. Or I'll go a week or 2 without playing and forget where I was in my save game so I'll start again because it doesn't feel quite right. Hopefully when 09 comes out I'm gonna settle down and have a real career spanning a good 20-25 years :)

how much money those the top10 Clubs have Wijnand? in your year

RICHEST CLUBS

richestclubs.jpg

PS: I did this without cheating, I became very rich by buy a couple of young superb players and sell them for a lot of million euro's, and in season 23, the take over the board and give the club 200 million euro's.

wijnand

Just 206 players bought in 49 years??? Impressive :)

When I buy a good young player, I try to give him a contract for life!! every new contract offer I give him a 5 year contract.

So I have players who played more than 600 matches for my team.

Here mine overall eleven:

besteleven.jpg

Watch Lauri Dalla Valle, bought him when he was 16 he retired when he was 36.

CM Italia 95 - AC Milan - 26 season

CM 96 - Liverpool - 10 season

Ross County - 5 season

Crystal Palace - 12 season

CM2000 - Liverpool - 5 season

FM2007 - Swanse FC - 6 season

FM2008 - Crawley town - 2 season ( just started :D )

the other cm or fm that not stated above....I did play....but not very long because of my commitment to MMORPG games :D

My list with club I managed for a long time

Cm 2 96/97 8 seasons Juventus

Cm 3 98/99 12 seasons Dordrecht 90 (Netherlands)

Cm 99/00 69 seasons PSV Eindhoven and 16 seasons Dordrecht 90

Cm 01/02 19 seasons Leeds United

Cm 03/04 8 seasons Bayern Munchen

FM 05 17 seasons Go Ahead Eagles (Netherlands)

FM 06 21 seasons MyPA (Finland) and 26 seasons Valur (Iceland)

FM 07 5 seasons Ham Kam (Norway)

FM 08 49 Seasons Salernitana Still play this game, see screenshots above

I print all the fixture I play, also from team I manage for one season, I have 5 maps full with printed fixtures.

My girlfriend think I'm crazy :-)

I can't believe that you have been there nearly half a century and you still are not a fans favourite despite winning the champions league. Shame on your fans.

Also your CB Cervino scored 110 goals for you, that's unbelievable. How you've managedd to keep going I'll never know, my best effort was about 7 seasons.

Archived