FM15: Dele Alli

Jordanknox

Dele Alli is an attacking midfield player that plays for Milton Keynes Dons. Alli joined the youth system at Milton Keynes Dons when he was 11 years old. He made his debut for the first team as a sixteen year-old on 2 November 2012, in a 0–0 draw with Cambridge City in the FA Cup, replacing Jay O'Shea as a substitute. He really began to show his potential in early 2014, scoring a hat-trick against Notts County aged just 17 years and 11 months. During the 2013-14 season he made 37 appearances scoring 7 goals. He continued showing this promise into the 2014-15 season, starring in MK Dons 4-0 league cup victory over Man Utd and then scoring a hat-trick against Crewe Alexandra. Despite playing in League 1, his potential has led to him being watched by scouts from clubs such as Bayern Munich and Liverpool (He has been likened to his hero Steven Gerrard). Alli has represented England at U17, U18 and U19 level.

_64182510_pa-15047880.jpg

Dele Alli in FM (Beta 15.0.2):

P1svXTw.png

January 2015:

7wCS8B5.png

At the beginning he can be signed for around 2.5m (i signed him for 2.6m but you can probably get him cheaper if you negotiate or pay up front). My assistant manager thinks he can go on to become a "world class attacking midfielder". So far, I have only played up until January but he has managed to force his way into the team on a regular basis in the Premier League and has been fantastic for such a young player.

A must buy for any club IMO

Love this guy irl... easily the best player in his division.

It's a shame how he's been rated in this FM though imo..

I thought since he's shown his more combative and defensive qualities over the last year irl he'd be rated a bit more so.

For someone who looks all the world like a genuine Gerrard-a-like in his style, he doesn't look like it.

top talent though

zxVBRhx.png

Here is Dele in September 2015 after 1 season of development. If you contrast with the screenshot in the opening post you can see he has developed alot, especially in his mental and physical stats. He still has a lot of room to grow (another 2.5 stars according to my coaches) and already performs really well in the Premier League.

Anyone managed to get his defensive stats up yet?

I havnt tried to get his defensive stats up as im playing him as an attacking midfielder, without any training in defending he has gained 1 point each in marking and tackling and 2 points in positioning so i assume with more focus on defending they could go up a lot more. He is nowhere near fully developed yet but i think for the price he is a must buy for any English club.

I watched him this year down at Oakwell with MK Dons and although he started on the bench he was the one our fans were talking about after the game. None of them knew him, only by his shirt number but I was sat there thinking yeah I know all about him unfortunately and I know exactly what he's going to do to us.

Alas, he did.

aljrfSA.png

Here is Alli in May 2016 after 2 years of development. He has recently become an England International and is in the squad for Euro 2016. He still has some development to go but he has developed pretty well IMO. He is brilliant physically and had a fantasic season in the Premier League. Will focus on trying to improve his passing and vision this season.

Having had him with my MK Dons side for 15 months i felt his best position was MC, i felt with AMC he didn't get the ball enough and wouldn't dictate the play or the tempo of the side. I set him as a roaming playmaker and made sure he had the freedom to do what he wanted. I also didn't make him press the opposition much either, so i basically took all defensive duties off him. We won the title and pretty much down to him.

Have him CM as Roaming Playmaker in my Burnley side and he is a beast. Easily keeps Chalobah out of the side and more experienced players like Arfield and Jones don't have a chance.

That 2.5m is the reason Burnley remained in the EPL.

Also managed to land myself Asensio on loan which helped.

JgNoHNn.png

Thought id update on Ali's progress in my save. I had a whole host of quality attacking midfielders in the squad and i wanted him to play football so i sold him to Aston Villa for 10m. He is a regular in the England side and has pretty well rounded stats for an attacking midfielder. He is a beast physically and his passing and vision have developed well. He's still only 21 but he's probably playing at his potential atm.

Archived