Out of interest, Does anybody enjoy Press Conferences?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes but I like the depth of other areas of FM. Unfortunately SI have added far too many needless aspects to the game which are far too time-consuming for the minimal effect they have. Opposition instructions every game, the stupidly coloured weekly training focus screen etc.

It's sad.

I really like them, particularly enjoying winding up opposition managers and have a really good knack for targeting weak will opposition players.

Hmm, I like to think I have time on my hands, but too do this every game just to have a chance to hinder 1 opposition player??? No time to make it this 'enjoyable'

And is it really reallistic...?

Cheers for insight though, appreciate your views.

Hmm, I like to think I have time on my hands, but too do this every game just to have a chance to hinder 1 opposition player??? No time to make it this 'enjoyable'

And is it really reallistic...?

Cheers for insight though, appreciate your views.

It takes about 3 seconds to do this. I really don't get the time consuming argument tbh.

Well yes, press conferences are very realistic. Targeting a player is realistic, just not particularly professional, but FM allows you to be as unprofessional as you like.

As someone who works in sports media, people hugely underestimate how much players and managers do media duties. I know, I'm one of those trying to get them involved on a daily basis.

It takes about 3 seconds to do this. I really don't get the time consuming argument tbh.

Well yes, press conferences are very realistic. Targeting a player is realistic, just not particularly professional, but FM allows you to be as unprofessional as you like.

As someone who works in sports media, people hugely underestimate how much players and managers do media duties. I know, I'm one of those trying to get them involved on a daily basis.

I'm very aware that players/managers have a lot of constant media duties for various sources and contractually etc. it's a nice idea in terms of realism to have press conferences but as I said... It's a game = enjoyment? It's like playing the endless cookie clicking game online or simply a constant game of 'odd one out'

Sure, if one day in the future you could type your own answers or put your own mark on it somehow it would be really cool. Not happening in this edition though I don't think!

I dont go near them, just tedious as hell and far too focused on silly mind games between managers. Even when you make it a rule never to comment on opposition managers, the media will cook something up and the other manager will say stuff like "X had no right to question my methods" or whatever.

I wouldn't say I enjoy them. They're repetitive. However, I see them as an essential part of the game. Press conferences in reality are also repetitive and I have no doubt most managers (and players) see them as an unnecessary chore at least 90% of the time.

I always do them, though, because from my perspective, if I'm the manager, I'm a) obligated to do so and b) I wouldn't trust any assman not to fluff em up.

I dont go near them, just tedious as hell and far too focused on silly mind games between managers. Even when you make it a rule never to comment on opposition managers, the media will cook something up and the other manager will say stuff like "X had no right to question my methods" or whatever.

Isn't this kind of what happens in real life though?

I wouldn't say I enjoy Press Conferences, but I don't hate them either. They're just part of my job as manager to get the players in the right frame of mind. I don't mind doing them at all.

They should make at least 500 more questions and answers for them to become enjoyable. This is just same 20 questions being recycled over and over again. Not to mention some completely illogical rifts with managers, when you say something and the other guy completely misses the point with his answer.

Posted this in another thread as well, but I had this happen to me:

I just had this huge drama after giving Pepe a fine for getting his second red card of the season. Huge player meeting with a 16 players involved. Lots of questions at a press conference with the press questioning my handling of the situation that ended with me stating that I would "live and die by decisions" and that I wouldn't be "dictated by any player of mine". First time I REALLY enjoyed a press conference in the series. But that was really amazing.

Isn't this kind of what happens in real life though?

In a way you are right.

For the purposes of a game many people would however prefer leaving the annoying bits of the job out. Realism doesn't do any good if it spoils the fun. While lots of the fun in playing FM is due to its realism, people play it for the fun, not for the realism.

I do about 1/3 or 1/2 of them.. My problem with them is when there are like 10+ questions.. thats too much! - If I could somehow limit them to never ask more than say 3 questions I think I would do answer them everytime.

Another problem is that I want to play a game, not read a book and some question do really have quite a lot of text and with the current skin its quite hard on the eyes to read it. For me at least..

So in summary.. shorter text, fewer questions and a better skin (darker = better!) :)

Same questions every time, same answers every time. The variety is there the first time and then it disappears. And they often don't mention the things you'd think they would (e.g. offside goals, penalty appeals or non-existent penalties awarded etc.) The only reason I do them is because the assistant manager somehow manages to **** of my team with his answers. I'd love to see them (press conferences) disappear. I know they happen in real life, but really, they add nothing to the game, just tedious clicking after reading the first few words of the question and the answers, so you know which one to pick.

I wouldn't say I enjoy them. They're repetitive. However, I see them as an essential part of the game. Press conferences in reality are also repetitive and I have no doubt most managers (and players) see them as an unnecessary chore at least 90% of the time.

I always do them, though, because from my perspective, if I'm the manager, I'm a) obligated to do so and b) I wouldn't trust any assman not to fluff em up.

This, although I tend to take the Bill Belichick/Gregg Popovich approach to them.

(although I wish there was a way to really capture Pop's sarcasm.

)

Press conferences is such a failed concept! I have two friends who haven't bought FM since 2010 because it's too frustrating and tiresome. I probably won't buy this years update for the same reason.

Really, who wants them?

That's an awful reason not to buy the game. You can just make your assistant do them and you'll never be bothered by them.

Do not like them at all. Fun the first 2 times then just extremely tedious.

Indeed. Mainly because they're repetitive. Would be great if there was regular DLC with updates to the interview questions. Alternatively they already have the programming in place to deliver (and I assume they must have some kind of programming GUI to act as a CMS for entering things like this as opposed to continually hard coding) so why not just create loads and loads of potential responses and questions? Most of them would only need to tie back to the original database outcome anyway (e.g. Did you think Player X had a good game? Would be the same as Player X played very well didn't he?) but at least the actual text would be different......

I don't understand how people on one hand can demand a more realistic match engine and to bring the game truer to real life and then complain about the most realistic part of it. Constant repetitive questions from clueless media hacks is as much part of the real game as any other part. People probably spend more time here complaining about it that actually taking part in them.

Because the GAME should entertain you, and not bore you to death?

Thats your opinion, however it is a fact that the media play an important part in the daily goings on of a football club. As for it being a game i thought it was a management simulation, FIFA is a game. I get my fun from the FM becasue it is a simulation of real life or at least a close approximate. Just becasue you install it on a pc or handheld does not make it a "game"

Repeating myself: Realism doesn't do any good if it spoils the fun. While lots of the fun in playing FM is due to its realism, people play it for the fun, not for the realism.

If realism equals fun to you because you want a simulation of real life, then you are absolutely entitled to this view, but that's not how most people approach this.

If realism equals fun to you because you want a simulation of real life, then you are absolutely entitled to this view, but that's not how most people approach this.

Never forget those all important letters "IMO" :)

This is why you can send the Assistant :)

Or play FMC :thdn::D

Do I enjoy Press Conferences? Like real managers, most of the time I dead bat questions. Sometimes, I'm either fired up and angry, or extremely happy, and I respond accordingly. That feeling immerses me in the game. So yes, I like having them in, it really adds to the experience of the game for me.

I don't hugely mind them, they are repetitive but a realistic part of the game. What annoys me is the frequency at lower levels. Part-time clubs do not call dozens of press conferences per season, I think we have called approximately zero in our history! Even stretching things and including local newspaper reports there are way more in FM than real life.

I don't hugely mind them, they are repetitive but a realistic part of the game. What annoys me is the frequency at lower levels. Part-time clubs do not call dozens of press conferences per season, I think we have called approximately zero in our history! Even stretching things and including local newspaper reports there are way more in FM than real life.

A very good point, they should be made status relative :thup:

are you guys serious? i have a feeling most of you FM fans only care about is how quickly you can finish a season and how good the 3D Match Engine is compared to FIFA. all you guys complain is conferences, player interaction, management being to complex etc etc

You don't have to use them, so your reasoning is less than sound.

Play FMC and their entirely irrelevant anyway :)

I really hate this reasoning, i would never touch FMC, cheap way to ignore the fact that press conferences have been the same for years and tiresome

Archived