Backroom Staff salaries & amount of required coaches

How are backroom staff salaries selected? Is it the researcher for each club who makes this judgement? For years now the salaries of backroom staff have been significantly too high. The chief scout of a top Premiership club is 100K a year plus expenses. Most Premiership chief scouts get less than that. So therefore it stands to reason most ordinary scouts get paid a lot less. For FM15 Steffen Freund is listed as a scout on £15K a week! And the chief scout is apparently on £6K a week!

First team coaches at the top Premiership clubs can earn up to £250K a year but most earn less than that. Assistant Managers can earn about a third on top of that again. Ugo Ehiogu is an U18 Spurs coach on £6K per week. In real life he wishes :lol:

Finally in the game it takes several coaches to effectively train a first team but in real life it's not uncommon for there to be a manager and two or three first team coaches and a goalkeeping coach. That's it. Why are so many coaches required in the game?

i found the number of coaches being required is a bit strange.

when i first load up as Liverpool, they have about 8 (which include under21 coaches). but trying to spread the coaches time across all the training, and getting the players to stop moaning about not getting one-to-one time with the coaching, is impossible.

even when i buy another 5 coaches i can't get all my training areas to be 'Average' workload.

i have 4 coaches training ball-control, amongst other areas, and still the vast majority of my players are moaning about not getting one-to-one time in ball control training.

Archived