Sports Interactive Community
Gandy

FM15: What Team Should I Be?

RB Leipzig. I'm just giving them a chance. 3.5m transfer budget, great facilities, 43k stadium, bunch of youth prospects (Kimmich - german woderkid to name one). The only drawback is being an affilate to Red Bull Salzburg but I didn't have a problem with them so far. They are predicted to finish 10th of 18 teams.

On it. Cheers :thup:

Nation: preferably Europe (outside UK/Ireland), but open to ideas

Division: Top division or decent potential to be promoted

European Competition: Any

Media Prediction/ Board Expectations: Not too sure

Transfer Budget/Wage Budget/Finances: Some leeway would be nice, but not too important

Other: No dodgy/corrupt owners!

I've had a long break from Football Manager. My last game was Football Manger 2011, where I had a good career with Shaktar Donetsk. This was the first time I hadmanaged outside England,and I really enjoyed it. So I want to manage abroad again, because I'm a bit bored of English football in real life. Would prefer Europe, but open to ideas.

I've started many games over the years (including since FM11) , only got past first season handful of times. What I want is to feel an emotional connection to my team, a reason to win. Whether it's a fallen giant, up and coming club, the city, the stadium - i want to feel something for them. Want something new and exciting.

I'm keen on the Bundesliga and Russian leagues due to family/friends, not keen on italian or spanish leagues. But the most important thing is the club, not the league.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, especially as I'm hopeless at choosing times myself! Thank you

Transfer Budget/Wage Budget/Finances: Some leeway would be nice, but not too important

I've had a long break from Football Manager. My last game was Football Manger 2011, where I had a good career with Shaktar Donetsk. This was the first time I hadmanaged outside England,and I really enjoyed it. So I want to manage abroad again, because I'm a bit bored of English football in real life. Would prefer Europe, but open to ideas.

I've started many games over the years (including since FM11) , only got past first season handful of times. What I want is to feel an emotional connection to my team, a reason to win. Whether it's a fallen giant, up and coming club, the city, the stadium - i want to feel something for them. Want something new and exciting.

I'm keen on the Bundesliga and Russian leagues due to family/friends, not keen on italian or spanish leagues. But the most important thing is the club, not the league.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, especially as I'm hopeless at choosing times myself! Thank you

Nation: Any in Europe

Division: Any

European Competition: Not needed

Media Prediction: I don't care

Board Expectation(s): high mid table finish or lower

Transfer Budget: preferably some cash to spend

Wage Budget: Like above

Finances: Any

Other: Looking for a team to play that is either in one of the main nations in europe with some cash to spend (But not in the top division and preferably a smaller team so i can build them up, or if someone could find me a fun save in a more obscure european country and try to build them up to eventually win their "premier" league and then challenge for europe

I've just started my 2nd season with Bayern Munich and I know it was an easy team to pick but I must say i'm having fun doing it. Not only because of winning, which obviously helps, the clubs has very good finances, the board are brilliant, but the most enjoyable part is incorporating the youngsters that they have. Although they aren't the best, they do a decent job in the first team squad especially as I've sold Robben now and I no longer use Ribery. I've also tried to buy more Germans and build up the amount of players I have trained in nation. Although you don't start with much money to spend, injuries make you use what you have at the club too.

Probably one of my most enjoyable saves i've had on any version of football manager. I'd recommend making a save with them.

Hope this helps

Nation: preferably Europe (outside UK/Ireland), but open to ideas Division: Top division or decent potential to be promoted European Competition: Any Media Prediction/ Board Expectations: Not too sure Transfer Budget/Wage Budget/Finances: Some leeway would be nice, but not too important Other: No dodgy/corrupt owners! I've had a long break from Football Manager. My last game was Football Manger 2011, where I had a good career with Shaktar Donetsk. This was the first time I hadmanaged outside England,and I really enjoyed it. So I want to manage abroad again, because I'm a bit bored of English football in real life. Would prefer Europe, but open to ideas. I've started many games over the years (including since FM11) , only got past first season handful of times. What I want is to feel an emotional connection to my team, a reason to win. Whether it's a fallen giant, up and coming club, the city, the stadium - i want to feel something for them. Want something new and exciting. I'm keen on the Bundesliga and Russian leagues due to family/friends, not keen on italian or spanish leagues. But the most important thing is the club, not the league. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, especially as I'm hopeless at choosing times myself! Thank you
I raise you a Hoffenheim. Never qualified for CL and your challenge is to build in the next seasons on that front

Nation: preferably Europe (outside UK/Ireland), but open to ideas Division: Top division or decent potential to be promoted European Competition: Any Media Prediction/ Board Expectations: Not too sure Transfer Budget/Wage Budget/Finances: Some leeway would be nice, but not too important Other: No dodgy/corrupt owners! I've had a long break from Football Manager. My last game was Football Manger 2011, where I had a good career with Shaktar Donetsk. This was the first time I hadmanaged outside England,and I really enjoyed it. So I want to manage abroad again, because I'm a bit bored of English football in real life. Would prefer Europe, but open to ideas. I've started many games over the years (including since FM11) , only got past first season handful of times. What I want is to feel an emotional connection to my team, a reason to win. Whether it's a fallen giant, up and coming club, the city, the stadium - i want to feel something for them. Want something new and exciting. I'm keen on the Bundesliga and Russian leagues due to family/friends, not keen on italian or spanish leagues. But the most important thing is the club, not the league. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, especially as I'm hopeless at choosing times myself! Thank you
Nation: Any in Europe Division: Any European Competition: Not needed Media Prediction: I don't care Board Expectation(s): high mid table finish or lower Transfer Budget: preferably some cash to spend Wage Budget: Like above Finances: Any Other: Looking for a team to play that is either in one of the main nations in europe with some cash to spend (But not in the top division and preferably a smaller team so i can build them up, or if someone could find me a fun save in a more obscure european country and try to build them up to eventually win their "premier" league and then challenge for europe
Granada....

Throwing out Cadiz as a suggestion. Excellent youth academy and facilities, big stadium, probably a good enough squad to stay up in La Liga... but they're in Spain's third tier. Lots of room to sell-to-buy, no European football for at least three seasons, could be challenging to keep hold of your best players, could be hard to poach kids from other clubs. Seems like a decent project club; I started a save with them before I got sidetracked by Aston Villa and now Dumbarton.

Thanks the ideas! I decided to go with Lyon in France, but I will come back to La Liga/Bundsliga at some point (Cadiz sounds really good long-term)

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/408672-FM15-U.S.-Sassuolo-Where-talent-is-plentiful-but-trophies-are-scarce

;)

Nation: England, Germany, Spain, Italy or France

Division: Top division

European Competition: Europa League at a push

Media Prediction: Lower - mid table

Board Expectation(s): Lower - mid table

Transfer Budget: Decent - Not broke

Wage Budget: See above

Finances: See above

Other: Basically last year I had a game with Southampton where I helped realise their abilities. I'm hoping to start a game with the same idea. A team with young talent to develop that can be sold and replaced or brought through and form the base of a team. So a new Southampton really.

Nation: Germany, France, Holland or possibly Belgium

Division: Top or 2nd. Possibly 3rd depending on league

European Competition: Dont mind

Media Prediction: Not 1st, 2nd or 3rd

Board Expectation(s): Not win the league or champions league

Transfer Budget: Wouldnt mind at least £500k if possible

Wage Budget: Some to spare would be handy

Finances: Dont Mind

Other: I want a team to build up. Some one with 2/3/4/5 good players already to build around and if possible a decent youth setup but not essential. Do not want a club like Red Bull Leipzig where they have everything ready to go. Want to build this club up, if i can have some decent foundations to do so then great.

The link above has everything you asked for crestofdave.

I was thinking of Sassuolo due to my love for Berardi, any idea how easy it is to outbid Juve for his co-ownership?

Any other decent suggestions?

Depends on the season he has I guess, he did have a good season in my save and come bidding time I did not have a lot of money to spend.

I decided to bid 3m, which was half his value but was all I really had to spare, I was expecting something like 20m from Juve but they only bid 1.9m so he stayed with us. :)

Nation: Germany, France, Holland or possibly Belgium Division: Top or 2nd. Possibly 3rd depending on league European Competition: Dont mind Media Prediction: Not 1st, 2nd or 3rd Board Expectation(s): Not win the league or champions league Transfer Budget: Wouldnt mind at least £500k if possible Wage Budget: Some to spare would be handy Finances: Dont Mind Other: I want a team to build up. Some one with 2/3/4/5 good players already to build around and if possible a decent youth setup but not essential. Do not want a club like Red Bull Leipzig where they have everything ready to go. Want to build this club up, if i can have some decent foundations to do so then great.
Union Berlin

Nation: Europe - Holland, France, Switzerland, etc

Division: Preferably Top 1-2 Divisions

Media Prediction: Top 6+

Board Expectation(s):

Transfer Budget: Not Important - I want a club where I have players to sell & bring in younger, hungry, Cheap players that I can sell for more.

Wage Budget: Enough to bring in a couple of players - Willing to sell top earners if i can

Finances:Not Rich but not Bankrupt

Other: My favourite games have been with Ajax & Benfica, both have to sell their best players and start fresh each season - I love these types of games as it forces me to look around for players that i can train, sculpt & sell on for big fees. I would like a club with good youth/junior coaching. Have good scouting range. I recently spied a Grasshopper thread and give it a go, but i found it difficult to ship players on & wage bill is very poor. Basically I'm looking for a Ajax/Benfica type club but not expected to win the league any-time soon.

Nation: Any apart from England

Division: Top 2 of the country

European Competition: Don't care

Media Prediction: Bottom Half of the League

Board Expectation(s): Avoid Relagation

Transfer Budget: At least 5 Mil

Wage Budget: Any

Finances: Don't care

Other: Good Youth and Training Facilities and good young players

Nation: Europe: England, Spain, Italy, Germany, etc...

Division:Lowest

European Competition:none

Media Prediction: doesn't matter

Board Expectation(s): doesn't matter

Transfer Budget: doesn't matter

Wage Budget: doesn't matter

Finances: doesn't matter

Other: I am looking for a low end team in a big city with a big rivalry. I enjoyed my fm14 save with Venezia. I want to try something similar.

Palermo might be an option for you. They got some money to burn and you just have to keep them up but be aware of their crackheaded chairman

@Juventus maybe FCUM in the league below the skrill north will suit you. You might have to download the database to get them, tho

Nation:European Teams

Division: First and Second tiers

European Competition: No

Media Prediction: Middle

Board Expectation(s):doesnt matter

Transfer Budget: doesnt matter

Wage Budget:doesnt matter

Finances:doesnt matter

Other: I basically want a team whose first team squad is full of young players and have a good youth team to promote to first team. I prefer second divisions of european leagues yet first divisions are allright too. Had gladbach career before and it was amazing, fulll of aspiring young players.

Thanks a lot.

Derby. Everything you want is there.

I played with them and it was great. What i have in my mind is a team who is not that well known, northern, eastern or southern europe second league teams with aspiring young squad maybe.

I played with them and it was great. What i have in my mind is a team who is not that well known, northern, eastern or southern europe second league teams with aspiring young squad maybe.
Siena is in Serie D but with the help of a editor file, you can get Serie D into the game

Any suggestions for a lower league team with a good youth setup, high reputation, big stadium and decent finances who can get promoted back-to-back? Ideally as far down as possible, 3-4-5-6th tier, I don't mind installing extra files. Ideally not England.

Palermo might be an option for you. They got some money to burn and you just have to keep them up but be aware of their crackheaded chairman

@Juventus maybe FCUM in the league below the skrill north will suit you. You might have to download the database to get them, tho

Would you be able to recommend a different team. Preferably, one where I don't have to download databases.

Nation: Anything in the big 5.

Division: Top

European Competition:None/Europa League

Media Prediction:

Board Expectation(s):9th-15th

Transfer Budget:Irrelevant

Wage Budget:Irrelevant

Finances:Irrelevant

Other: Any team that has a clear and distinct identity.

Thanks in advance, feel free to disregard the specification, the identity is by far the most important.

Thanks, hadn't thought of them. What would you say there playing style is? I know they have Cassano, so I am presuming they don't just long ball it.

If you want a team with a clear identity look no further than Swansea. No matter who the opposition they always look to play possession football. Not afraid to play out from the back and work their way into scoring opportunities. This identity is run through all the youth teams in real life. Check out this 32 pass goal by the under 18's last season

Hi guys, i'm looking for a mid-table team outside of top 5 divisions who is not qualified for european competitions but has some money (1M€ or a bit less).

Any suggestions?

Hi guys, i'm looking for a mid-table team outside of top 5 divisions who is not qualified for european competitions but has some money (1M€ or a bit less).

Any suggestions?

Leicester ;-)

Leicester ;-)

Leicester could be fun but any shout according to the bold?

Any suggestions?

Leicester ;-)

Leicester could be fun but any shout according to the bold?

Has to be Leicester :p Have a read through this (brilliantly written) team guide on Leicester --> http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/407615-FM15-Leicester-City-F.C.-Woah-woah-woah-it’s-magic-you-knowww-–-Esteban-Cambiassoooo!

So i guess i'll try Leicester, thank you both :)

You're welcome, keep us posted in the Leicester thread with how you do!

Club: Swindon Town

Division: Sky Bet League 1

Transfer Budget: £250,000

Wage Budget: Can't remember probably just under £40,000 pw

Finances: Okay

Board Expectation(s): Mid table

Key Players: Massimo Luongo, Nathan Thompson and Yaser Kasim

Pros: With the squad you will inherit, you should be aiming a lot higher than mid table.

Cons: Not a lot of room to maneuver with the wage budget unless you sacrifice some of the transfer budget which is probably the best thing to do, not the most in depth squad will struggle with a few injuries if you have a blank transfer window.

Level of Difficulty (1-10 with 10 being difficult): 4

Additional Information: The club already have 4 loans when you start I recommend only one or two more loan signings. You will need to get a lot of backroom staff as there is virtually no one to start off with.

Nation: Anything in the big 5.

Division: Top

European Competition:None/Europa League

Media Prediction:

Board Expectation(s):9th-15th

Transfer Budget:Irrelevant

Wage Budget:Irrelevant

Finances:Irrelevant

Other: Any team that has a clear and distinct identity.

Thanks in advance, feel free to disregard the specification, the identity is by far the most important.

Hellas Verona. Stoke. Torino. Athletic Club de Bilbao.

Nation: England

Division: Championship (the most interesting at the moment) - Sky Bet League 2

European Competition: N/A

Board Expectation(s): Mid-table - Top-half

Transfer Budget: Decent compared to league.

Wage Budget: Decent compared to league.

Finances: Healthy

Other: I am interested in save where I could rotate my squad by selling my older side players and bring new flesh to the table. : )

Nation: Europe - Holland, France, Switzerland, etc

Division: Preferably Top 1-2 Divisions

Media Prediction: Top 6+

Board Expectation(s):

Transfer Budget: Not Important - I want a club where I have players to sell & bring in younger, hungry, Cheap players that I can sell for more.

Wage Budget: Enough to bring in a couple of players - Willing to sell top earners if i can

Finances:Not Rich but not Bankrupt

Other: My favourite games have been with Ajax & Benfica, both have to sell their best players and start fresh each season - I love these types of games as it forces me to look around for players that i can train, sculpt & sell on for big fees. I would like a club with good youth/junior coaching. Have good scouting range. I recently spied a Grasshopper thread and give it a go, but i found it difficult to ship players on & wage bill is very poor. Basically I'm looking for a Ajax/Benfica type club but not expected to win the league any-time soon.

You should go for Anderlecht buddy. That is who I am at the moment. Minimum expectation is to come in the top half of the table. You only get around 850k transfer budget but you have a very good squad and the potential to make some bucks by selling Mitrovic & Tielemans and others. Good youth facilities and a sleeping giant in Europe. A little bit of debt so you have to be astute with your signings but it is all part of the challenge. Trying to make a real force with Anderlecht in Europe is really fun and challenging. DO IT MAN YOU WONT REGRET IT

Division: Championship (the most interesting at the moment) - Sky Bet League 2 or vanarama conference

Finances: dontcare

Other: I am interested in making a small club steeped or with cool History back to greatness

Division: Championship (the most interesting at the moment) - Sky Bet League 2 or vanarama conference

Finances: dontcare

Other: I am interested in making a small club steeped or with cool History back to greatness

Wolves in the Championship or Luton in League 2?

Nation: Europe - Holland, France, Switzerland, etc Think teams like Grasshoppers/Ajax/Benfica - trying to Avoid the Big leagues like Spain/German/Italy/England

Division: Preferably Top 1-2 Divisions - Not outright favourites like Celtic

Media Prediction: Top 10+

Board Expectation(s):

Wage Budget: Enough to bring in a couple of players - Willing to sell top earners if I can

Finances:Not Rich but not Bankrupt - I want a challenge where i have to sell to survive and hope for a good Cup run or get into Europe.

Other: My favourite games have been with Ajax & Benfica, both have to sell their best players and start fresh each season - I love these types of games as it forces me to look around for players that i can train, sculpt & sell on for big fees. I would like a club with good youth/junior coaching (Not Essential as these can be improved but would be useful early on) Have good scouting range - Essential as i plan to scout far & wide. Basically I'm looking for a Ajax/Benfica type club but not expected to win the league any-time soon.

You should go for Anderlecht buddy. That is who I am at the moment. Minimum expectation is to come in the top half of the table. You only get around 850k transfer budget but you have a very good squad and the potential to make some bucks by selling Mitrovic & Tielemans and others. Good youth facilities and a sleeping giant in Europe. A little bit of debt so you have to be astute with your signings but it is all part of the challenge. Trying to make a real force with Anderlecht in Europe is really fun and challenging. DO IT MAN YOU WONT REGRET IT

Just seen this after posting up another one - A nice suggestion, Are Anderlecht not considered the best team in Belgium? I always assumed they were the top dogs.

I haven't had a chance to download the editor yet and I'm not sure if that would help anyway but was wondering if anyone knew of the teams in the worst financial status as far as most debt etc. Wanting a hard save and feel like lack of money is usually the biggest challenge on FM.

Sorry, Blackpool isn't my thing. Is it okay ask another suggestion for selected team? Anyway... :p

Nation: England (Actually I have never managed there before and I have been playing fm since 2013)

Division: Championship - Sky Bet League 2

Media Prediction: N/A

Board Expectation(s): N/A

Transfer Budget: Decent compared to league but at least 1m. :p

Finances: Healthy

Other: Im going to create player profile my childhood football icon David Beckham and use him as a manager, wohoo! :) My football philosophies are: attacking football, develop youngsters from & buy youngsters for 1. team. Which team David could chose if he had opportunity to manage one of these teams? I know he has plans to develop MLS that Miami team but at least I want start at England.

Nation: any in the world

Division: top probably unless a fallen past giant

European Competition: yes proably

Media Prediction: n/a

Board Expectation(s): n/a

Transfer Budget:

Wage Budget:

Finances:

Other: basically want a team that is famous back in the day for being revolutionary or won some stuff back in the day now they are like just ok

thinking like athelitic biablo maybe a team from hungary argentina team maybe