FM 15: Ipswich Town FC - The Tractor Boys

Prongsie92

WELCOME TO THE FM15 IPSWICH TOWN FC THREAD

Ipswich-Town-icon.png

History

Ipswich Town FC is a professional team from Suffolk, England who play in the Football League Championship . Founded as an amateur side in 1878 as Ipswich AFC, the football club known as Ipswich Town would come into existence with the merging of the Ipswich Rugby Club. With numerous wins in local cup competitions such as the Suffolk Challenge Cup and the Suffolk Senior Cup, Ipswich Town steadily progressed through the amateur leagues until turning professional in 1936. Ipswich Town would then be elected to the Football League in 1938, playing in Division Three (South) for the majority of the time until the appointment of Sir Alf Ramsey in August, 1955.

Through Sir Alf Ramsey, Ipswich gained numerous promotions and would reach Division One in the season of 1960-61. In their first season of top division football, Ipswich would be crowned champions and qualified for the European Cup for the first time. For the outstanding raise in Ipswich's profile and the achievements that came with it, Sir Alf Ramsey would be appointed as the England National Manager in 1963 and lead the nation to a home victory in the 1966 World Cup. With Sir Alf Ramsey's departure also came a decline in Ipswich's fortunes. Under Jackie Milburn, Ipswich would be relegated to Division Two and remain there until the 1967-68 with Bill McGarry leading Ipswich to promotion.

McGarry would leave Ipswich in January 1969 to be replaced with Sir Bobby Robson. Under Robson, Ipswich would enter the most successful period of their history with a UEFA Cup win, a FA Cup Win and finding themselves league runner-ups on multiple occasions. Following the example set by Sir Alf Ramsey, Robson would leave Ipswich to become England manager in August 1982. History sadly repeated itself and Ipswich were relegated under Robson's assistant-turned-manager, Bobby Ferguson in 1986. It wouldn't be until the 91-92 season that John Lyall would manage Ipswich to promotion in the newly created FA Premier League. Ipswich would remain in the Premier League until the 94-95 season where an appointed George Burley was unable to save the club from relegation.

Burley would, however, push Ipswich to three consecutive promotion play-offs in Division One before gaining promotion in the 99-00 season. Under Burley, Ipswich would finish 5th against the odds and reenter the UEFA Cup in the 01-02 season where Ipswich slipped back to Division One. Without the sponsorship money from playing in the Premier League, Ipswich would go into administration and Burley was sacked in October 2002, Joe Royle stepping into the vacant spot on the sidelines on a permanent basis. With limited funds and a team with numerous Academy players, Ipswich pushed for promotion and found themselves in the play-offs twice - West Ham defeating Ipswich on both occasions during the semi-finals.

Royle would resign in 2006 after Ipswich finished 15th, their lowest league position since 1966. Promotion captain Jim Magilton would take over as manager and during his tenure, current owner and investor Marcus Evans bought the club. Magilton was unable to bring success to Ipswich and in 2009, Roy Keane took over. The details of his tenure will be glossed over due to personal hypertension issues. After Keane's sacking in January 2011, Paul Jewell took the reins until leaving his position in October 2012 with Ipswich in 24th.

Current manager Mick McCarthy replaced Jewell and led Ipswich to a final position of 14th in his first season. In his second season, Ipswich would finish 9th despite limited funds.

Achievements

UEFA Cup - 1980-1981

Football League First Division - Winner - 1961-1962

- Runner-up - Football League First Division: 1980–81, 1981–82

Football League Second Division - Winners - 1960–61, 1967–68, 1991–92

Football League Third Division South - Winners - 1953–54, 1956–57

Southern Football League - Winners - 1938–39

FA Cup - Winners - 1978

Texaco Cup - Winners - 1973

General Information

Name: Ipswich Town Football Club

Nickname: The Tractor Boys

Year Founded: 1878

Division: Championship

Predicted finish: 14th

Stadium: Portman Road, Ipswich

Stadium capacity: 30311 all-seater

Rivals: Norwich, Colchester, West Ham

Current Squad

Ipswich-Town-Home-Shirt-2014-2015.jpg

Goalkeepers

Dean Gerken - Signed in the summer of 2013, Dean Gerken staked his claim in the 2013/2014 season with numerous impressive performances and is the current first choice goalkeeper for Ipswich. A reliable goalkeeper for Championship sides, Gerken can play an important role in the Ipswich team.

Bartosz Bialkowski - Signed to compete with Dean Gerken, Bialkowski joins after a solid season with Notts Country and will provide adequate competition for the No.1 shirt. Bialkowski is in his second spell with Ipswich, having been signed on-loan by Ipswich in the 2008-09 season.

Hot Prospect: Michael Crowe - The Welsh/Norwegian goalkeeper has yet to make his debut for Ipswich but has made the bench on several occasions. Tipped to be a good Championship goalkeeper, Crowe is primed to follow the legacy of Academy products entering the Ipswich side.

Defenders

Elliot Hewitt - The Welsh U-21 right-back joined Ipswich being touted as the right-sided Gareth Bale. Hewitt returns to the Ipswich side after a strong season with Gillingham and can become a stable element of the Ipswich defense with some experience.

Christophe Berra - The Scottish international was signed by former boss Mick McCarthy to add depth to the defense and the center back quickly became a fan favourite with his top class performances last season. Berra will be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Luke Chambers - Entering his third season with Ipswich, Chambers is a reliable center back who continues to be a reliable element in Ipswich's defense. Whilst played as a center back, Chambers is a capable right back having filled that spot during the previous season with solid performances.

Tommy Smith - The New Zealand International is a graduate of the Ipswich Town Academy and saw World Cup action in 2010 at the tender age of 20. The center back has developed in a highly capable player in the Championship. Formerly a left back, Smith can cover the left back position if required.

Tyrone Mings - Plucked from the lower leagues, Mings has been faced with filling the shoes of Aaron Cresswell, the PFA Team of the Year player and former Ipswich player of the year. Nicknamed Mings the Marauder, the left back and most expensive player in recent Ipswich sides at a whopping 10k, Mings has the potential to follow Cresswell into becoming an established Premiership player.

Johnny Parr - Initially signed as competition for Mings in the left back role, Parr has found himself playing in the right back position with success in recent times. The Norwegian international ensures Ipswich's left back position is well covered whilst providing an alternative option for the right back role.

Hot Prospect: Matthew Clarke - Tipped by McCarthy as a future first team regular, the Academy product provides decent cover for the center back role.

Midfielders

Cameron Stewart - Signed to provide competition along the right wing, Stewart is able to play on either wing as a decent Championship player. With some time, Stewart can be a first team regular.

Paul Anderson - Finding his element last season, Anderson is a right winger who strives to become better. With age, speed and a decent cross, Anderson will serve Ipswich well in the Championship.

Cole Skuse - A strong ball-winning midfielder, Skuse is a hardworking center midfielder who provides coverage for the defense. Whilst weak on his attacking element, Skuse can be the perfect partner for a playmaker.

Jay Tabb - A decent Championship midfielder, Tabb is capable of playing in the center or on the left. An all-rounder without excelling at any elements, Tabb is a good rotation player for Ipswich.

Luke Hyam - An Academy product of Ipswich, Hyam is a strong ball-winning midfielder who can also provide some grit in the final third of the pitch. His high work rate makes him a good box-to-box midfielder although don't expect many goals from the 22 year old.

Kevin Bru - Signed after a trial in the summer, Bru fits the Ipswich midfield mentality of work hard. Weak in the tackle, Bru has a decent eye for a pass and likes to attempt the long shots with varied success.

Darren Ambrose - An Academy product of Ipswich from their spell in the Premiership, Ambrose is back for his third spell at Ipswich. Now playing as an attacking midfielder, Ambrose brought in for his creativity and can be a successful playmaker.

Jack Collison - Released from West Ham in the summer, Collison is coming back from injury and can become an integral part of the Ipswich midfield. Known for his work ethic and team work, Collison fits perfectly into the Ipswich side.

Teddy Bishop - An Academy product of Ipswich, Bishop has come into the first team this season with an attacking flair that adds a crucial element previously lacking. Bishop has the potential to be in the side for some time despite his youth.

Stephen Hunt - The experienced left winger was brought back this season to provide competition for the young Henshall. A character in the dressing room who's pace is beginning to wean, Hunt can be a decent player for a year or two whilst Henshall develops.

Alex Henshall - A former Man City player, Henshall has excited Ipswich fans with his attacking abilities down the left. Young and inexperienced, Henshall needs game time to develop but can become a leading Championship player.

Hot Prospect: Monty Patterson - A New Zealands U-20 player, Patterson is a left winger with the potential to become a key player in the Ipswich side.

Forwards

David McGoldrick - Ipswich's top goalscorer last season despite being injured for the last few months, McGoldrick will provide goals and is willing to work hard to get the opportunities. Able to play upfront or in an attacking midfielder role, McGoldrick is one of the first names on the team sheet.

Daryl Murphy - One of the longest serving Ipswich players despite numerous loan spells with the club, Murphy has found his element in the past season and is a brilliant strike partner for McGoldrick. Capable of winning headers and scoring screamers, Murphy is a staple of the Ipswich side.

Conor Sammon - A hardworking forward, Sammon is a targetman who can unsettle defenses and win the ball for more capable goalscorers. Currently on loan from Derby.

Balint Bajner - Signed after a trial in the summer, Bajner follows the Ipswich tradition of hopeful Hungarian strikers. A back-up player for Ipswich, Bajner is a good aerial striker who can provide fresh legs in the dying moments of the game.

Hot Prospect: Frank Nouble - The work-in-progress player has had his moments in the Town shirt. A strong and fast forward, Nouble has the potential to become a good first team player with Ipswich if managers can develop him. Currently on loan to Coventry.

Analysis

Ipswich starts the season with a strong squad that is capable of pushing for the play-offs. Whilst there are some injuries at the beginning, there is adequate depth to cover until players are back up to match fitness.

The weakest element for Ipswich is up front. Murphy and McGoldrick are arguably leading Championship players however Sammon and Bajner leave little to be desired. Adding a few forwards as competition and rotation options will ensure managers aren't left struggling for goals if M&M are injured throughout the season.

A dedicated right back may be required, with Hewitt the only established RB in the team. Chambers and Parr are capable of playing the position but managerial tactics may require some thoughts in the transfer market.

There's a good balance between age, potential and experience. If Ipswich remain in the Championship after the first season, managers shouldn't expect to need many signings to push for promotion.

Recommended tactics

Ipswich under the McCarthy era has seen wingbacks dominating from defense and managers will find they are able to continue this legacy with devastating effect. Mings, Hewitt and Parr all love to dash to the corner flag and aim a cross into the box. With Ipswich's wingers initially injured, creativity can be found from the back line.

The spine of Ipswich is solid defensively. With the addition of Ambrose and Collison, the midfield has gained some spark of creativity however the midfield can be characterized by a strong work ethic. It would be wise to ensure a playmaker is placed in the center of midfield to relief the pressure off the wingbacks and wingers.

Murphy and Sammon are strong in the air and can be relied upon to convert crosses into goals. Pairing Murphy and McGoldrick will mean the team can convert chances from any angle in any position - just ensure the team is supplying the chances and the goals will come from the M&M team.

Suggested formations: 4-4-2, 5-3-2, 4-3-3

Wahoo!

Looks like Chris Eagles and Paplo Aimir might be good additions on free's. I think the team lacks some creativity (this is hard in the champ!) also I'd like to find a loan striker for backup, someone with great pace as usually that is very effective in the championship.

Overall the squad looks good! Also £2m and plenty of wage budget is a right result :).

Collison is a welcomed addition when he returns from injury. He's having a hard time knocking Bru out though, woulsn't have thought of Bru as an advanced playmaker but he's doing well!

I've found my fullbacks to be the biggest creative sparks. Parr and Mings are amazing and Hewitt is developing nicely.

Nicky Maynard is a good striker available for 600k if you want a permeant competitor to M&M. Fast, finds the net and offers another element to the Ipswich front line. Don't buy Simon Church though!

Don't have the save in front of me and not all of them were up front but off the top of my head I got about £5m for Berra, £500k for Tabb, £1m for Anderson, £2m for Graham, £2m for Smith and £1.1m for Murphy.

Glad to hear that you can ship the deadwood; that was something I struggled with last year, I couldn't even give them away! 500k for Tabb and £1m for Anderson sounds like good deals, though I know this was because a lot of the players were signed in season 13/14 (or thereabouts).

You guys are wanting me to boot up a new Town save :lol:

I think maybe prices are inflated in FM15 vs FM14, which is accurate as player prices have jumped up this year in real life.

I think selling players for good money and signing released players will be a great way to do business, especially if you can then sell those players 1-2 years on and repeat :)

I have just completed my first season, and we finished 2nd! unexpected.

Played a simple 442 or a 433 at times, only signed 2 players both frees, Chris Eagles and Andre Hansen (GK)

Only sold Veseli at £180k

Team 442 was normally (Goals): Hansen, Parr, Hewitt, Chambers, Berra, Eagles (19), Anderson (12), Skuse, Collison, McGoldrick (10) and Murphy (17).

Best Avg Players where Anderson, Eagles, Smith and Bru (Both Smith and Bru struggling to make the starting 11)

Now in the Prem, and no idea what to do or expect

Hansen is fine, better than Gerken. As for youth, nothing is coming through, Clarke and bishop are out on loan, no one else has starred as yet.

In the Prem I have changed to a 4141 counter (sometimes 442), not easy, a few hammerings, will update at the end of the 2nd season

Season 1 - 2014/2014

Sky Bet Championship - 1st, W26 D11 L9, GD +44 (For: 126 Against: 88)

FA Cup - Third Round, v Leeds

Carling One Cup - Fourth Round, v Man City

Transfers in: Sean St. Ledger (free), Simon Church (400k), Dino Halilovic (free, youth team), Nicky Maynard (650k), Denis Stracqualursi (free)

Transfers out: Darren Ambrose (free), Anthony Wordsworth (57k), Balint Bajner (free), youth loans

Standout players: Christophe Berra (P33(7), G7, A7.33), Denis Stracqualursi (P13(13), G14, A7.31), Alex Henshall (P30(3), G9, A7.30), Daryl Murphy (P23(6), G14, A7.25), Luke Chambers (P38(4), G4, A7.23)

Standout youth players: Darren McQueen - U21 (P38(3), G20, A7.11), Alex McDonnell - U21 (P27(11), G2, A6.98), Sam Ford - U19 (P33, G25, A7.51), Ronaldo Jones - U19 (P35, G15, A7.11)

Enjoyed my first season in FM15. It's a shame about the goals conceded. I think it's the usual beta edition irregularities causing many high scoring games (winning 6-3, losing 5-4) so it'll be interesting to see how that translates into Season 2 and later the full release edition. Quite happy with the default squad, only some depth required to make a decent side. Church was useless but I guess every manager has to sign a dud.

My youth intake was awful so I'm not expecting many graduates. George Fowler looks promising and he'll be getting more exposure in the first team whilst the standout youth players will get the chance to impress during pre-season. As for future transfers, I'll be sticking to free transfers from Premiership sides. I've got a budget of 250k (current: 216k/week) wages and 16m transfer fees.

I'm using a 4-4-2 at the moment almost exclusively. A 5-3-2 with wingbacks would also suit Ipswich at the beginning.

442:

Advance Forward (attack) - Deep Lying Forward (attack)

Winger (attack) - Ball-winning Midfielder - Box-to-box Midfielder - Winger (attack)

Complete Wingback (attack) - Limited Defender (cover) - Ball playing defender (stopper) - Complete Wingback (attack)

Goalkeeper (defend)

Mentality: attacking

Shape: flexible

Instructions: shorter passing, play out of defence, whipped crosses, run at defence, look for overlap, close down more, stay on feet, faster tempo

Just about to enter December, 3rd in the league, 19G 10W 5D 4L 35Points - 7 points off 1st, 5 ahead of 7th, 1 point ahead of Naarwich. Started with a 4-2-3-1, but changed to a 4-4-2 because McGOALdrick wasn't living up to his name.

Signed:-

Chris Eagles - 21(1), 7 goals, 6 assists.

Ryan Mason (Loan - Spurs) - 9(2), 2 goals, 1 assist. Loaned for the CAM in my 4-2-3-1, now I don't use him that much with a 4-4-2.

Yaya Sanogo (Loan - Arsenal) - 8(5), 2 goals, 4 assists. Can't seem to get him to score, missed a load of sitters.

Tyler Blackett (Loan - Man Utd) 7, used as a back up CB as I play Chambers at RB.

Jack Grealish (Loan - Villa) 19, 6 goals, 10 assists. Easily one of the best players in my team, must loan! 4MotM and a 7.41 rating.

4-4-2:-

Gerkin

Mings, Smith (Wants to move to Sunderland if we don't get a play off spot), Berra, Chambers.

Eagles, Hyam, Collison, Grealish.

McGoaldrick - 18games, 10 goals. Murphy - 9(11) games, 3 goals, can't get him to score either, may try Yaya for December.

Full Game - Season 1

Harder than the demo, no formations working, hovering around 8th in league

Luke Hyam - Booked or sent off every game! ridiculous (10yellow 2red in 20 games)

Injuries - Lost McGoldrick for 4 months, Maynard on Loan

Lost to Naarwich

Will do a full update once first season is complete

I'm in to my second year as Ipswich and am struggling to get anywhere, first season I finished 13th and I'm now 9 games in sat in 17th.

Does anyone have any recommendations for tactics that work well with the players at the club?

you could try these I'm playing with as Ipswich:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/402480-FM2015-532-amp-451-solid-tactics-with-promising-early-results-for-mid-level-team

Started my save, signed up to deadline day as follows:

Jack Grealish- loan

Chris Eagles -free (injured for 3 months in pre season!)

Nicky Maynard - loan (high wages so went for a loan, scored then got injured)

Lars-Christopher Vilsvik £500k pretty good RB and only £6k a week

karl Henry - free, released by QPR so picked up on a free for £10k a week

This has someone canned by budgts though and Im over the wage spend now........I do have good squad depth though as I didn't manage to sell anyone.

ONCE I get over the 8 million injuries.......

Season 2 - 2015/2016

English Premier League - 11th, W15 D12 L10, GD +20 (For: 70 Against: 50)

FA Cup - Fifth Round, v QPR

Carling One Cup - Third Round, v Chelsea

Transfers in: Jesse Homer (regen, free), Osmar (free), Jack Hunt (1.4m), Tyler Blackett (free), Iain Vigurs (free), Brad Friedel (free), Alex Smithies (1.8m), Artur Boruc (free), Luan (625k), Fernando Cavenaghi (350k), Kyle Naughton (1.4m), Kevin N'Zuzi mata (free), Andy King (free), Wolf Mathieu (regen, free), Hugo Vermiere (regen, free)

Transfers out: Tommy Smith (950k), Denis Stracqualursi (1m), most of the youth team, loans

Standout players: Christophe Berra (P40 G7 A7.33), Denis Stracqualursi (P25 G14 A7.31), Alex Henshall (P33 G9 A7.30), Luke Chambers (P42 G4 A7.23), Paul Anderson (P30 G8 A7.22)

A good season pre-release in the Premiership. It helped having the usual beta goals galore issue. Had some issues with work permits and forgetting about minimum release fees (hence Smith and Stracqualursi leaving) but otherwise another enjoyable season.

My youth intake was awful again. Fowler had an impressive season in Scotland and I'll be looking to give him some games in the Town side and perhaps some loan time in the next season. Clarke is pushing for a promotion to the first team but I think another season on loan would be beneficial. I've got my training facilities and youth facilities upgraded to "Great" and "Excellent" respectively but the biggest news is that a 41888 capacity new stadium is being bizarrely constructed. Not sure why, it's only one season in the Premiership but I was chuffed with the name: Alf Ramsey Arena.

I'll use the in-game editor to correct SI's error and have the stadium called the "Sir Alf Ramsey Arena". Or SARA, as I'll call it in my mind. She'll be a glorious stadium.

Welcome to the Blues then, Ginola! May your stay be long and fruitful :D

Love the finding, mrdanbartlett. 5 in 10 for the Championship is an impressive trait. Are you playing him alone or partnered?

I'd debated signing Henry at the start of the game as he fits with MM's player type and thus should slot into the side as a replacement/back-up for Hyam. It was a shock that we didn't sign him IRL! How's he doing for you? What role have you got him playing?

Ah he just got injured for 3 months, doh! Murphy is my best scoring CF, I also have Maynard and Mcgoldrick, I'll need to get another CF on loan for cover now.

I play flat back 4, 3 CM's (DLP, CM and BBM) then 3 CF's (FN, DLF, AF) - n ot my tactic but working very well!

I've found Hyam, Skuse and Collison to be my current CM choices, but I just found a possible gem whilst browsing the youth leagues, he is spannish, 18 years old and has 14 for pace, tackling, passing, vision and some other fairly good stats, he is pretty much ready for the 1st team and just made his first start in a 4-1 win at home to Wigan. He was 1.2m which was the % of the money I got to spend from selling Tommy Smith for £4.5m to stoke, Tommy was usually my 3rd choice CB behind Chris and Luke, he had just had a run in the XI and they made a offer I couldn't refuse (wanted to balance the books a little).

I replaced Smith with Danny Wilson for just £60k and 6k a week, he seems almost as good, my other choices were going to be Keane from UTD (575k) or Formasier (Sampdoria, used to also play for UTD) for about £1m, all of them look ok 3rd choice CB's.

Loving the save, currently 2nd but having a little wobble where I've dropped points recently, Norwich are storming the league annoyingly!

Welcome to the Blues then, Ginola! May your stay be long and fruitful :D

Love the finding, mrdanbartlett. 5 in 10 for the Championship is an impressive trait. Are you playing him alone or partnered?

I'd debated signing Henry at the start of the game as he fits with MM's player type and thus should slot into the side as a replacement/back-up for Hyam. It was a shock that we didn't sign him IRL! How's he doing for you? What role have you got him playing?

Thanks! It was difficult taking over in December as the games came thick and fast and the squad depth isn't great. I haven't managed in the Championship since FM05 so I'm spending ages looking at players as I'm not up on players at that level. Will have to spend a lot of time sending scouts out.

**POSSIBLE SPOLIER ALERT BELOW**

Don't read this if you think sharing player names is cheating, but I found a few players who might be worth looking at, some are for in the champ and some are if you get to the prem maybe:

pswich targets

David Fox - free £8k

Lassad (CF) free 7k

Anthony Reveillere (RB) free, 15k

Francis Coquelln CM, £1.4m, 13k

Nicky Maynard CF 600k

Sean St Ledger CB free

Chris Eagles, free

Paul Quinn ok RB

Bongani Khumalo CB (loan/buy?)

Jack Grealis (loan)

Andre Green (AM) 185k from Villa

Edna Stevens (£275k RB)

Lars-Christopher Vilsvik £475k RB £10k a week

Lukas Vacha £2.2m £9k CM

Enes Unal £1.5m CF

Houssine Kharja CM free £20k

Aaron DL 17yr £400k

Sascha Horvath 850k 18yr CM prospect

Bigger team signings

Andry Yarmolenko - great winger for £6.5m

Simon Kjaer - good CB for £4.3m 30k

Alexandru Maxim - looks a good amc, 5m, 20k

Lukas Vacha looks a fairly good CM, 2m, 9k

Mati Fernandez cm £1m, 25k

Burak Yilmaz good CF, high wages

Huntlear £4.5m

After a difficult start over the Christmas period when the games came thick and fast I'm on a good run with Ipswich. I narowly lost to Spurs in the league but got in the FA Cup 3rd round I drew with Man City and got a replay. I was 2-0 up at half time but City brought on Aguero and Toure and got it back to 2-2. However, after an inspired substitution by me we won 3-2 with a last minute winner. Since then I've been on a great run in the league winning lots of games 4-1 and have gone from 14th to 7th.

Right a few games into the Prem, was a fairly quiet summer as I cannot seem to sell anyone with this FM version.

I've got risky and spent most of my budget on a CM called 'NETO' - I got him SLB for £6.5m, they bought him for £3m the season before from 'Sport' in Brazil. He was 18, 14 for tackling, passing, vision, long shots, first touch, decisions, positioning, teamwork, stamina and composure, he looks pretty promising and bagged a few in pre-season. He is on £11k a week as he wasn't that interested, but I think he could be a gem.

I got Will keane on a free, he might not be good enough but was a good backup with possibly some potential left.

I signed a Striker called Raul De Tomas - pretty sure he isn't a regen, cost me £300k from Real Madrid, he has 14 finishing and 16 pace and some other ok stats, he was 20. 10k a week in wages.

I'm struggling really, have signed Chris Eagles, Miroslav Stevanovic and Sean St Ledger on free transfers, and added Rory Donnelly and Ben Pearson for small fees.

I won the first 3 games of the season but have been very inconsistent since then, seem to concede too many goals with whatever I try, and only can win when outscoring the opposition!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using a 442 now if that helps, BPD's at CB, AP's in CM and a DLF and AF upfront.

I've had an unreal 1st season in the Prem and finished 6th! Above City and Liverpool. Balance is now £36m, and the board have estimate my budgets will be £23m transfer and £425k wages next season, currently spending about £350k a week which I think its pretty decent.

Going to try and get a top CB, top CM and some wingers.

I've had Babacar on loan and he has done fairly well, will sign him as he is out of contract shortly. I also loaned Angelo Henriquez - who is also soon to be out of contract so will sign him too hopefully. My big summer signing Neto (CM) was good, but I don't think he is going to be leading prem quality.

I signed a CB called Emanuel Mammana for £2.8m, he seems a good prospect. My cheap CF punt Raul De Tomas has done fairly well too.

I ended up settling on a 3-4-1-2 and it was incredibly succesful and I ended up piiping the scum to promotion on the last day - they lost at home and I won away to come 2nd.

I have been given a paltry budget of £7m for the Prem, and have elected to try and get back to 4 at the back as I conceded way too many goals.....foolishly I let Elliott Hewitt leave on a free transfer though so have no right back - bad squad management.

After 7 games in the Prem with my 4 at the back 'more solid' formation I had 1 point and had conceded 20 goals - including 2 3's, a 5 and a 6!

Switched back to 3-4-1-2 and have been on fire, am currently 8th with 47 points from 32 games.....so 46 from 25 (1.84 ppg) so think I'll be sticking with this going forward.

Sam Johnstone is an excellent keeper from Man U, and was really cheap.

Nice work!

I'm really struggling to find targets for my 2nd year in the Prem, got 20m+ budget but cannot find any big signings to make. It seems this FM there are less quality players, the ratings are lower etc.

I've signed my loan strikers Babacar and Henrqiue on free's, 28k each but they should be a great pairing going forward for the next 5 seasons.

I could do with a top CB and a top CM, plus some wingers.

I've just signed British youngsters:

Region - UK & Ireland

Age - <21

Potential Rating - 4*

Spent about £25m in season break - Connor Hunte, Aaron Kuhn, Delle Alli, Mahoney from Blackburn, and just going to try and play the kids....

Luke Hyam and Tom Carroll were in the preliminary 30 man squad for the Euro's but didn't make final cut.

• 3 weeks later...

Hows everyone doing?

1st prem season = 6th for me, Europa league :)

2nd prem season = .................

was around 4th to 6th for a big part of the latter season, on the last day of the season it was me or Arsenal for 4th, I needed them to lose and I needed to beat liverpool, they were 3-0 down away at Southampton, and I was 1-0 up vs L'pool.........but then Balloteli scored around the 72nd minute and made it 1-1, which put me down to 5th :(

That goal prob cost us £20m!

Had to sell my best MR/AMR as clubs came in at met his £13.5m release clause :(

I did manage to sign Lucas Moura in Jan window for £13m and 65k a week, HUGE coup for the club and he was fantastic until he got injured for the last few games! Looking for a top CB and a top CM but can't find anyone, or when I do they sign for other clubs, just missed out on Gaston Rameriz for £4m..........doh.

Hi there i've just started my Ipswich save and wondering Peter whats ur line up with the APEX PREDATOR tactic as thats the one I'm using? I've only managed to acquire C.Eagles so far as only just started. Trying to keep as close as to the real Ipswich team but having a little trouble as McGoldrick and Smith want to leave

Archived