Canvey Island - the Rise of the Yellow Army

dafuge

Youth Intake

Promising looking goalie, but he probably won't get a chance to play much as first choice.

How good us a 2.0 CA player in your team?

A lot of people just bin off the lower rated players when they come through, but if some of them are only a little better than first thought, then you might have as many as 5 decent players from this intake.

How many more seasons do you think you will play?

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How good us a 2.0 CA player in your team?

A lot of people just bin off the lower rated players when they come through, but if some of them are only a little better than first thought, then you might have as many as 5 decent players from this intake.

How many more seasons do you think you will play?

Here's a typical 2/2 player from my squad, although I think he had 3 PA when he came through so he might improve yet. He's rated as a 'good Premier League' player.

Usually I sign a few lower rated players for backups, but I can't think of a single one who improved enough to get into the first team squad. Saying that, I really should have signed the central defender, he had more potential than my current 4th choice backup.

To be honest, I'm waiting for a good reason to finish this save so I can move on to FM16. Ideally I'd like to win a major trophy, but a sacking would be a more definitive way to finish the game. Sadly at the moment I seem to be stuck somewhere between the two, qualifying for the CL but not coming close to winning it.

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2081/82

This was our fourth season under the youth only era, and we were hoping to win our first proper trophy.

League Table - much like previous seasons, we kept up with the leaders and then faded away later on in the season. Man City have gone from 4th to 20th in one season!

Capital One Cup - we had a great run and looked all set to lift that first trophy, but then fell apart in the 2nd period of extra time and lost on penalties.

FA Cup - another decent cup run, but only because of the quality of the opposition.

UEFA Champions League - we were doing so well, until a spectacular defeat in Russia.

Squad - we are a couple of strikers away from a decent squad.

Finances - another big profit.

Key Player Profiles:

Stuart Timms - the role doesn't suite him, but he's our best striker.

Jimmy Bell - he's been in the squad for ages now, but never really a first choice.

Raheim Weekes - such an important player.

David Dezon - didn't quite live up to his potential, but still a great player.

Mitchell Reed - the makeshift winger is looking good.

Career Overview

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South    9th       
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South    1st         Promoted as champions
2017/18   Vanarama Conference Premier  20th        FA Trophy finalists
2018/19   Vanarama Conference Premier  13th        FA Trophy finalists
2019/20   Vanarama Conference Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2020/21   Sky Bet League 2             2nd         Promoted
2021/22   Sky Bet League 1             2nd         Promoted
2022/23   Sky Bet Championship         10th        
2023/24   Sky Bet Championship         1st         Promoted as champions 
2024/25   Barclays Premier League      8th         
2025/26   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup winners
2026/27   Barclays Premier League      1st         FA Cup winners
2027/28   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and FA Cup winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC winners, FA Cup and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC winners and FA Cup finalists
2036/37   Barclays Premier League      1st         Champions League finalists
2037/38   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and League Cup winners
2040/41   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2041/42   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2044/45   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2045/46   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners, League Cup finalists
2046/47   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2047/48   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2048/49   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2049/50   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2051/52   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2052/53   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2053/54   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2054/55   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2055/56   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2056/57   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2057/58   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2058/59   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2059/60   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2060/61   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2061/62   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2062/63   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2063/64   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2064/65   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2065/66   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2066/67   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2067/68   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2068/69   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and League Cup winners
2069/70   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup and Champions League winners
2070/71   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2071/72   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and FA Cup winners
2072/73   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2073/74   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2074/75   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2075/76   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2076/77   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup winners
2077/78   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup and Champions League winners
2078/79   Barclays Premier League      2nd         CWC winners
2079/80   Barclays Premier League      3rd         
2080/81   Barclays Premier League      3rd        
2081/82   Barclays Premier League      4th        

Next Season

I've had another contract extension (with a youth philosophy added) so I should get another crack at winning something. Staying in the top four is a must.

Try Directors camera view ;)

You can click on a match and the stadium shots are in the background. Click on "pitch" tab and you'll see the director shooting various images of the stadium. Eventually you should see the stadium in it's entirety.

Also in preferences you have to turn off the score appearing during the highlights wait.

Some shots can be absolutely fantastic. :D

How many Hall of Fame points do you have?

Hall of Fame

It's a bit of a mess, it seems to be splitting me up as separate managers for every time my DOB has been moved. Not sure of this was due to me switching laptops, but it seems I'm now on my third different DOB since I started :D

Try Directors camera view ;)

You can click on a match and the stadium shots are in the background. Click on "pitch" tab and you'll see the director shooting various images of the stadium. Eventually you should see the stadium in it's entirety.

Also in preferences you have to turn off the score appearing during the highlights wait.

Some shots can be absolutely fantastic. :D

I can see the stadium shots in the background, but I don't have a pitch tab to click on. Here's what it looks like when I go to a new match.

Here are my match preferences, is there something in there that needs changing?

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2082/83

This was season number five with the locally produced squad. Could this be the year we win a major trophy?

League Table - we did it! Only just though, it came down to the last match which we drew 2-2 which was enough to clinch the title.

Capital One Cup - title rivals Everton knocked us out.

FA Cup - and again!

UEFA Champions League - our shaky away form eventually got the better of us as we lost out on away goals in the semi final against Porto. Liverpool went on to lift the trophy, beating Porto in extra time in the final.

Squad - we never did get a proper striker!

Finances - a loss, which was unusual.

Key Player Profiles:

Stuart Timms - he was moved back to his deep lying forward role, but still top scored.

Iain Maybanks - not the best record for our main goal threat.

Raheim Weekes - another great season, but too many red cards again.

David Dezon - a great midfielder.

Mitchell Reed - he's a real talent, just a shame he got pushed out to the wing.

Career Overview

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South    9th       
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South    1st         Promoted as champions
2017/18   Vanarama Conference Premier  20th        FA Trophy finalists
2018/19   Vanarama Conference Premier  13th        FA Trophy finalists
2019/20   Vanarama Conference Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2020/21   Sky Bet League 2             2nd         Promoted
2021/22   Sky Bet League 1             2nd         Promoted
2022/23   Sky Bet Championship         10th        
2023/24   Sky Bet Championship         1st         Promoted as champions 
2024/25   Barclays Premier League      8th         
2025/26   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup winners
2026/27   Barclays Premier League      1st         FA Cup winners
2027/28   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and FA Cup winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC winners, FA Cup and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC winners and FA Cup finalists
2036/37   Barclays Premier League      1st         Champions League finalists
2037/38   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and League Cup winners
2040/41   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2041/42   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2044/45   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2045/46   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners, League Cup finalists
2046/47   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2047/48   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2048/49   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2049/50   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2051/52   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2052/53   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2053/54   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2054/55   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2055/56   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2056/57   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2057/58   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2058/59   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2059/60   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2060/61   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2061/62   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2062/63   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2063/64   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2064/65   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2065/66   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2066/67   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2067/68   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2068/69   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and League Cup winners
2069/70   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup and Champions League winners
2070/71   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2071/72   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and FA Cup winners
2072/73   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2073/74   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2074/75   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2075/76   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2076/77   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup winners
2077/78   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup and Champions League winners
2078/79   Barclays Premier League      2nd         CWC winners
2079/80   Barclays Premier League      3rd         
2080/81   Barclays Premier League      3rd        
2081/82   Barclays Premier League      4th        
2082/83   Barclays Premier League      1st        

Next Season

I've achieved my goal of winning a major trophy with a squad of just youth products, it is time for me to retire.

Fantastic career and looking forward to your FM16 one! To win the title in the last season with a squad of youth products is pretty special! :thup:

Any chance of uploading the save? Would love to have a look around your game world :)

Well done dafuge. :thup: Not just on the career as a whole, but especially the last title with so many HG players.

You produced some quality there in the end. Has it inspired you to look at HG options earlier in your FM16 save?

I really wish I had done it earlier in this save, but instead I chose to wait for the big new stadium while we were still well on top.

I'm planning on moving clubs fairly often in my FM16 save, so I doubt I'll ever get to a situation where youth only is a sensible option. Maybe if I move to a club that insists on a youth policy, but I doubt I'll go the whole way like I did here.

Fantastic career and looking forward to your FM16 one! To win the title in the last season with a squad of youth products is pretty special! :thup:

Any chance of uploading the save? Would love to have a look around your game world :)

Here's the file.

Feel free to have a look, but please don't reveal anything that I couldn't have found out for myself (like CA/PA using the editor).

Mildly decent career. :D

An international Dafuge journeyman career sounds good. :thup: I take it that'll be a first? I've been around FMCU for a few years and don't remember you doing anything other than a one-club save before.

From what I recall daf did an international career back in FM11 and ended up spending like 20 years with a couple of Portsmouth stints.

dafuge.

I meant to ask.... did you ever release a Youth product because he was never going to cut it, only for him to go on and make it in the Premiership with someone else?

Yes, but that was before I went to the youth only policy. There were a couple of defenders that I really should have kept hold of.

Archived