Sports Interactive Community
turgi

FM15: Should I buy or sell?

See my reply to someone else, except his was £34m which I thought was generous. £25m I would say is a fair offer, but depends again what squad you are building.

Is the HG and English value of JWP worth keeping? Personally I'd keep him at £25m for HG/English value and how long of a career he has left.

Thanks, he ended up rejecting Arsenal in the end due to wages! Decided to keep him as like you said HG/English plus he's been at the club all career.

You cant get them both??

Was that aimed at me? Due to spreading the costs over 48 months I can afford both, and it looks like Aston Villa are willing to pay £12M for Chris Gunter (No idea why!), which would cover the initial payment for both players.

I'm just wondering whether those figures seem a little excessive for a newly promoted Premiership team? I normally try to keep the spending down, as I still need additional cover elsewhere.

First a bit of background.

In my first season with Reading I got Kenedy on a season-long loan (no wages or fee paid throughout). He scored 27 goals playing as a False 9 and missed out on league top scorer by 2 goals as we romped to the title.

While we scored 124 goals, we conceded 57 and I feel that defensively we were a little weak and could do with some improvements over Hope Akpan, Jem Karacan, and Daniel Williams.

Ok a couple of players here I am looking to buy.

Buying/Selling: Buying

Player Name: Kenedy

Your Team: Reading FC

Buyer/Seller: Fluminense

Player's Value: £1.6M

Offer: £14.25M (£3.5M upfront, £10.75M over 48 months = £4.8M initial budget cost)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £20.5M/£120k excess

Patch: Latest

Season: Start of 15/16

Rational: Judging by his wage demands, he wants around £45k/week to sign, with both he and his agent receiving a hefty fee (£1M/£2M). However, the scouts and coaches rate him extremely highly and he did score 27 and make 14 on the way to winning the title with us. But do I want top sign him more for nostalgia? Is £14.25M too much?

Player Name: Gaston Gil Romero

Your Team: Reading FC

Buyer/Seller: Estudiantes

Player's Value: £2.8M

Offer: £7M (£1.8M upfront, £5.25M over 48 months = £2.5M initial budget cost)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £20.5M/£120k excess

Season: Start of 15/16

Rational: Judging by his wage demands, he is only asking for around £25k/week to sign, with he and his agent receiving reasonable fees (£500k/£1M). This guy seems highly rated, and has room to improve with the team during the coming years. I need defensive strength to take on the Premiership, but am unsure whether it is worth the gamble of quite large sums of money.

Gaston Gil Romero is very solid defensive midfield, if you need a destroyer type midfield, it is pretty much a "must get".

Kenedy is a good all-round striker/wide forward. If you need a first team ready striker, i would say go for it since he is not asking for some ridiculous wage, and he is definitely worth the money.

JWP isn't a world class player, nor does he have the potential to be one so I wouldn't say £34m is too low like Jean says above. Very generous offer.

eU5cVUM.png

I am not sure about the definition of world class player, but JWP definitely looked like a very good CM/CAM to me!

Keep in mind he was managed by Ai team, with a balanced personality and is not fully developed yet(154 CA), so he can be much better under human management.

Well, my point is PA is not the only rule to judge a player , just look at all those liverpool players, some of them have mediocre PA/CA but with world class like attributes, some researcher are definitely showing too much love on their research club players.

Buying/Selling: Selling

Player Name: Gino Peruzzi

Your Team: Nottingham Forest

Buyer/Seller: Liverpool

Player's Value: £6M

Offer: £17M + £1.1M over 12 months

Transfer/Wage Budget: ~£5M

Patch: Newest

Season: Start of 2nd (15/16)

Peruzzi is my starting RB and attracted a lot of interest from bigger clubs. I don't want to sell him but he already complained that he wants to move to a bigger club.

Player Name: Gino Peruzzi

Your Team: Nottingham Forest

Player's Value: £6M

Offer: £17M + £1.1M over 12 months

Transfer/Wage Budget: ~£5M

Patch: Newest

Season: Start of 2nd (15/16)

Peruzzi is my starting RB and attracted a lot of interest from bigger clubs. I don't want to sell him but he already complained that he wants to move to a bigger club.

Guessing you have him tied down for a couple more seasons yet? If so, and you also won promotion, then I'd keep him and give him a season in the prem first. His value will rise and so should the offers.

[snipped image]

I am not sure about the definition of world class player, but JWP definitely looked like a very good CM/CAM to me!

Keep in mind he was managed by Ai team, with a balanced personality and is not fully developed yet(154 CA), so he can be much better under human management.

Well, my point is PA is not the only rule to judge a player , just look at all those liverpool players, some of them have mediocre PA/CA but with world class like attributes, some researcher are definitely showing too much love on their research club players.

Yeah, JWP is a very good EPL player for a side like Southampton/Everton but for Chelsea? Man City? I don't think so, you'll always be looking for better than that at a top side. Maybe in the right tactic and setup, he will perform well and even excell, but even in that screenshot you have showed me... he doesn't look 'world class', nor does he have the potential to be.

I guess at top(and in full fat), he'll make a mighty rotation player, and a HG slot.

Player Name: Mario Götze OR Isco

Your Team: Manchester United

Season: Pre Season 2015/16

Money: Doesn´t matter

Unavailable Alternatives: James Rodriguez, Oscar, Ross Barkley, Maximilian Meyer

Need a replacement for Januzaj as an Attacking Midfielder (Attack) since he is quite injury prone and I couldn´t turn down a 63 Mio. € offer from Juve. Isco is technical slightly better, Götze instead more athletic and seems less injury prone. Moreover he is better off the ball. At the moment I tend to Götze, what do you think? Do you see any other alternatives?

Player Name: Mario Götze OR Isco

Season: Pre Season 2015/16

Money: Doesn´t matter

Unavailable Alternatives: James Rodriguez, Oscar, Ross Barkley, Maximilian Meyer

Need a replacement for Januzaj as an Attacking Midfielder (Attack) since he is quite injury prone and I couldn´t turn down a 63 Mio. € offer from Juve. Isco is technical slightly better, Götze instead more athletic and seems less injury prone. Moreover he is better off the ball. At the moment I tend to Götze, what do you think? Do you see any other alternatives?

Personally I would have kept Januzaj and bought a youngster to cover him when he's injured. Now he's sold, out of the two I'd take Isco.. but it depends what role they'll be filling! Also, if your alternatives are available options to you then James Rodriguez is surely the best option of the lot?

Player Name: Mathias Bazzocchi - http://i.imgur.com/Gmy4yHg.png

Your Team: Sassuolo

Buyer/Seller: Man City

Player's Value: €41M

Offer: €103M - http://i.imgur.com/BDpZPXp.png

Transfer/Wage Budget: €206M

Patch:

Season: 20/21

He looks class. You clearly don't need to cash based on your budget so I'd keep him. A good 10 years of football in him before you should think about selling!

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

Player Name: Rafael

Buyer/Seller: PSG

Player's Value: £18mill

Offer: £21mill plus £2.7mill over the next 12 months. 20% from the profit of his next transfer.

Transfer/Wage Budget: £45,08mill

Season: 15/16

Should I sell him? I know there are other and better wb/fb`s out there, but he is homegrown, he has almost never been injured on this save, he has consistently high ratings and never plays a bad game.

If he goes, who should I replace him with? Carvajal looks promising...

Guessing you have him tied down for a couple more seasons yet? If so, and you also won promotion, then I'd keep him and give him a season in the prem first. His value will rise and so should the offers.

17m is actually a VERY good offer

I took 15m from Juve and replaced him with Aurier

Offer: £21mill plus £2.7mill over the next 12 months. 20% from the profit of his next transfer.

Should I sell him? I know there are other and better wb/fb`s out there, but he is homegrown, he has almost never been injured on this save, he has consistently high ratings and never plays a bad game.

You'll regret selling, especially at that price.

There aren't that many great RB's on the game, and Rafael is one of the best. You have De Sciglio, Carvajal, Azpilicueta... after that, Peruzzi, Clyne and Coleman.

Just make sure you sell him for more than that, look for £30/35m... and you have a bid accepted for another RB before you do. Buying a RB can be a pain!

Considering Rafael regularly gets offers of 35m or more from PSG, tell them where to stick it unless its 35m minimum :D

As Ty said, quality full backs are a premium in game and Rafael is one of the best right backs you can find. Replacing him will not come cheap.

Player Name: Alessio Romagnoli

Your Team: AS Roma

Buyer/Seller: Chelsea

Player's Value: £24m

Offer: £15m up front, 22.5m over 12 months and another £10m after 10 international games

Transfer/Wage Budget: n/a

Season: 17/18

Player Name: james wilson

Your Team: liverpool ( i know being rival will raise the price but)

Buyer/Seller:from Man U

Player's Value: £1.8M

Offer: £37M (£10M upfront, £27M over 48 months)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £35.5M/£230k excess

Season: Start of 13/14 first window

Rational:Looking for future homegrown star striker he is 18 and will be 21 by the time sturridge will be sold hopefuly for 60+mill already have munir behind baloteli. playing 442 so they will get some playing time in the first season

Player Name: james wilson

Your Team: liverpool ( i know being rival will raise the price but)

Buyer/Seller:from Man U

Player's Value: £1.8M

Offer: £37M (£10M upfront, £27M over 48 months)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £35.5M/£230k excess

Season: Start of 13/14 first window

Rational:Looking for future homegrown star striker he is 18 and will be 21 by the time sturridge will be sold hopefuly for 60+mill already have munir behind baloteli. playing 442 so they will get some playing time in the first season

Why spend tonnes of money, don't you have Jerome Sinclair in your own youth team? He looks to have potential.

Player Name: Milos Krasic

Your Team: Crystal Palace

Buyer/Seller: Fenerbahce

Player's Value: ?

Offer: £100k

Transfer/Wage Budget: £10M

Patch: 15.2

Season: 14/15

Krasic is available for £100k, as he is transferlisted. However, my scouts doesn't think he's worthwhile signing.

I do however like his stats, and think he'll be a good back-up to Zaha. And the £100k isn't the world, so I'm thinking it's a deal, but maybe some of you have some experiences with Krasic, and could tell me wether to sign him or not?

Player Name: Javi Martinez

Your Team: Liverpool

Buyer/Seller: Bayern

Player's Value: £23.5M

Offer: £47M (10m upfront)

Transfer/Wage Budget:23m/2.4p/w

Patch: 15.2

I want somebody for my half back position. He is excellent in the DM spot, though perhaps doesnt have the acceleration or vision to operate as a halfback.

A player I've always wanted in previous versions, but Bayern would never sell.

I have seen offers of around £35m accepted for Javi Martinez, you sure you can't get that price down?

Player Name: Benoit Assou-Ekotto

Your Team: Crystal palace

Buyer/Seller: Tottenham

Player's Value: £2.4 million

Offer: £1.2 million

Transfer/Wage Budget: 8.5 million/£716,537 (£684,058 currently spending)

Patch: 15.2 (Demo)

Season: start of 14/15

Player Name: Alexis Sanchez

Your Team: Milan

Buyer/Seller: Arsenal

Player's Value: 25 m

Offer: 35m Plus 140 grand a week and 6 mil signing on fee

Transfer/Wage Budget: 45m

Season: Start of third

Player Name: Enner Valencia

Your Team: Madrid

Buyer/Seller: West Ham

Player's Value: 20m

Offer: 25m

Transfer/Wage Budget: 45m

Season: Start of third

Basically, I'm selling Menez as his contract is up at the end of the season and he won't resign. I have enough money to replace him with anyone, however I'm not in champions league so it limits who wants to come. I really like sanchez but my scouts say he's not a worthwhile signing and has injury problems. My other option is Ahmed Musa or Andre Hahn who I can get for 2.1m.

Player Name: Giovani Dos Santos

Your Team: Everton

Buyer/Seller: Arsenal

Player's Value: £16.25

Offer: N/A

Transfer/Wage Budget: £13m (Bank Balance doesn't look great though at only + £2m)

Season: December 15/16

No offer yet but he's bitching about wanting to go there. Bought at the start for £12m with Depay for £15m after I sold Mirallas for £47.5m.

I've got Ben Arfa as well so he's not totally the baller.

I remember you getting that £47.5m offer, crazy! :D

If you can get a decent enough offer (and you have a replacement lined up) then do it. No idea where you are playing dos Santos, is it LW/RW/AMC?

Buying/Selling: Buying Player Name: Benoit Assou-Ekotto Your Team: Crystal palace Buyer/Seller: Tottenham Player's Value: £2.4 million Offer: £1.2 million Transfer/Wage Budget: 8.5 million/£716,537 (£684,058 currently spending) Patch: 15.2 (Demo) Season: start of 14/15
No. Waste of space and only good for Championship sides.

I remember you getting that £47.5m offer, crazy! :D

If you can get a decent enough offer (and you have a replacement lined up) then do it. No idea where you are playing dos Santos, is it LW/RW/AMC?

I play him on the right wing as an inside forward attack. hes now natural there and at AMC.

I was thinking Iturbe?

Player Name: Javier Hernandez

Buyer/Seller: ?

Player's Value: €27.5m

Offer: N/A

Transfer/Wage Budget: €20m (So far, with future fees coming in the coming weeks I expect €20-30m)

Season: June 2015

The question, Falcao's loan is up in 3-4 weeks, is Chicha good enough (in FM) to replace him? Or should I sell the little pea for €30-40m and try to buy another striker/forward? I'm not really keen on paying Falcao's wage if there's a possibility to buy or loan him.

Mitrovic? Barbosa? (he wants continental games and said no to me in may, even though I had qualified for CL next season by that point - Sort it out SI :p ) or anyone else?

Player Name: Paul Pogba

Your Team: Chelsea

Buyer/Seller: Juventus

Player's Value: 28.5 million

Offer: 10m + 15 over 48 months +2.5m After 50 League Appearances + 2.5 After 50 League Goals + 50% of Profit From Next Sale + Oscar (13m deducted from current budget)

Transfer/Wage Budget: 50m/3m

They wanted 60 million, but I have got it down to 30m plus Oscar, who I am not a massive fan of. I have been told he is overall one of the best players, if not the best, player on the game - So I plan on him bossing my midfield for years to come, similar to how Frank Lampard did. So please leave me your suggestions, and if you do recommend him could you say what position/role he would be best used as? Cheers.

Player Name: Jonathan Tah

Your Team: Spurs

Buyer/Seller: HSV

Player's Value: £2.4m

Offer: £4m plus 3.5m over 24 months

Transfer/Wage Budget: 11M

Patch: latest

Season: Feb15

unsure because atm my central defending options are Kaboul, Balenta, Phil Jones & Fazio, plus I have Dier as a backup option

Fazio isn't really getting alot of games as it is atm as Kaboul & Balenta have formed a good partnership

Selling Oscar is total heresy, but if you are set on Pogba, then the price isn't horrific for a first season purchase. What system? If 4-3-3 then it is more understandable, especially with the presence of Fabregas at the tip of 3. If a 4-2-3-1, then I personally think you would be better off with someone else. Have you tried putting Fabregas in the pivot and get Oscar to come very deep in order not to get overrun.

By all means, go for it if you can afford it and think that Pogba is the best option for your system, just presenting an alternative view.

Keep Oscar and buy Pogba! Cesc oscar and pogba in midfield 3...

I shelled out 50 odd million to get Pogba in the first season and he was worth it. Oscar is a very good player. Or you could sell cesc and replace him with yuri

I would use a 4 1 2 2 1. Pogba would probably be a DLP, with Cesc + Khedira as Roaming Playmakers, with the Hazard + Shaqiri/Willian as IFs and Costa as Poacher. Please leave your thoughts.

Courtois

Ivan Cahill Terry Luis

Matic/Pogba?

Fabregas Khedira

Willian/Shaqiri? Hazard

Costa

I would use a 4 1 2 2 1. Pogba would probably be a DLP, with Cesc + Khedira as Roaming Playmakers, with the Hazard + Shaqiri/Willian as IFs and Costa as Poacher. Please leave your thoughts.

Courtois

Ivan Cahill Terry Luis

Matic/Pogba?

Fabregas Khedira

Willian/Shaqiri? Hazard

Costa

A few thoughts.

a) Playing Pogba so deep surely negates his impact. His best asset is his strength and box to box capacity, to play him so deep fails to utilise his major asset. Even Matic isn't amazingly well suited to a 4-3-3, though it can work.

b) Why would Khedira be played as a roaming playmaker? He has the energy, but (and I don't have the stats in front of me, so I could very well be wrong) have the vision or technical proficiency to be a playmaker.

c) Fabregas is fine. Whatever offensive role you put him in, he thrives.

d) Willian for me is a better AP/S or W/S (or even a DW/S at RM). Otherwise your team could easily become narrow.

11rt6on.png

2q9jp6r.png

Player Name: Inigo Aranburu (regen, see screenshot)

Your Team: Brondby IF

Buyer/Seller: Athletic Bilbao

Player's Value: £5k

Offer: £5m plus 50% future fee

Transfer budget: £2m

Balance: £13m

Patch: 15.2.1

Season: March 2015

I'm unsure about this guy. He's my star regen, has high determination, and 3.5-4.5 star potential - he's a promising midfielder with professional personality.

He's good enough already to give a run in the first team once in a while, but I have offensive talents ahead of him (Corlu, Laursen, Odegaard).

He will clearly turn out great, but who knows if he gets a long term injury or just doesn't perform? He has Basque second nationality so Athletic will presumably be gagging to get him throughout his career if I don't sell now.

Any thoughts?

Selling

Player Name: Kyle Walker or Gino Peruzzi

Your Team: Tottenham

Buyer: Napoli or Atletico Madrid

Player's Value: 16,5 M or 13,25 M

Offer: 15,25 M + 11,25 M in 36 months or 14M + 24 M in 48 months

Transfer/Wage Budget: 184M

Season: beginning of 16/17

I bought John Stones, so I have a right back too much. Must give away to Kyle Walker ou Gino Peruzzi (who arrived to the club 6 months ago for 6,75M). Values in euros.

I love HG players, so personally I'd sell Peruzzi. You're getting more money as well, which is a bonus.

Player Name: Pablo Osvaldo

Your Team: Southampton

Player's Value: 11mil

Offer: £10m plus 2mil ovr. 12mths.

Transfer budget: £12m

Patch: 15.2.1

Season: July 2015

got alternatives with Max Kruse, Pelle or Depay (out of position)

Player Name: Moses Obaje

Your Team: OHL

Buyer/Seller: 9 clubs interested at this point, Empoli the only one so far who are willing to pay for his release fee of 15 million.

Player's Value: 10 million

Offer: 15 million (release clause)

Transfer budget: 13 million

Season: July 2019

Screenshot: http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah113/klaasbovin/MosesObaje_OverviewProfile_zpsc3caf7f2.png

Bought three strikers with quite a bit of potential this summer, so I probably got it covered if I let him leave.

Replacements:

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah113/klaasbovin/BrankoPeretin_OverviewProfile_zps359cfa47.png

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah113/klaasbovin/HrvojeTapalovic_OverviewProfile_zps07011a06.png

Player Name: Kevin Kouko

Your Team: OHL

Buyer/Seller: Juventus

Player's Value: 4,8 million

Offer: 30 million hard cash

Transfer budget: 13 million

Season: July 2019

Screenshot: http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah113/klaasbovin/KevinKouko_OverviewAttributes-3_zpsca4ab38f.png

Currently no backup for him in the team, not of his standard at least. I'm looking for a replacement and have set my eye on a Danish fullback but he won't have the same potential as this fellow. 30 mil is a smack of money for me, although I do play the group stage of the CL each season and even managed to get to the semis of the Euro Cup last year.