FM15: Should I buy or sell?

3maldini3

Same format as last year:

Struggling to make up your mind about a particular deal? Or maybe just wondering who the better option would be? This is the thread to help make up your mind. Post away and please stick to the below format:

Buying/Selling: Selling

Player Name: Asmir Begovic

Your Team: Stoke

Buyer/Seller: PSG

Player's Value: 11.75

Offer: 2.3M Euro plus 22.5M Euro over 24 months

Transfer/Wage Budget: 10M

Patch:

Season: 14/15

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Player Name: Per Mertesacker

Your Team: Arsenal

Buyer/Seller: Real Madrid

Player's Value: £9.5M

Offer: Exchange for Jese

Transfer/Wage Budget: £91.43M / £843k p/w

Patch:

Season: 15/16

We've just come off of winning the domestic Double. It's near the end of the transfer window. A journalist asked me if I was interested in R. Madrid's Jese. Of course, I said sure, why not? I did my due diligence and scouted him, although I'm a bit packed in the attacking department already and Madrid probably won't want to sell him to me anyway.

A few days later I got a new mail in the mailbox, Madrid wants Mertesacker, with an offer of... one Jese!!!

Right now I'm still trying to decide if I should go for it. Mert is currently my captain, and probably one of our best CD (the others being Balanta, Nkoulou, and Stones). He's 30, so he probably still has a few good years left in him. But Jese still young and has a lot of potential. Do I send yet another one of our captains to Spain?

Try and get a bit of cash in that

I actually prefer Jese to Benzema, so you're getting a good deal (Jese is more consistent) but RealMadrid are DESPERATE for defenders

Would rate him (Jese) similar to the likes of Walcott actually, so there's a comparison for you

good offer, but if you don't need the player, then why is this a thing?

Buying/Selling: Buying

Player Name: Paul Pogba

Your Team: Barcelona

Buyer/Seller: Juventus

Player's Value: 27

Offer: 11.5M Euro plus 40.5M Euro over 24 months

Transfer/Wage Budget: 29M

Patch:

I need a long term replacement for Xavi. I could probably squeeze another season out of him though. Pogba looks like the best young midfield option - somebody ready to step in immediately but also some development potential and youth on his side. However it would mean me spending all of my wag and transfer budget on him.

I would be happy to wait if i thought i would be able to get a bid accepted this time next year. but from last years version it was impossible to buy him or vidal for less than €200m. Even after my first contract offer was rejected by him, Juve wanted €140m, so I reloaded back to the contract offer.

So, should i break the bank now, or will I have a chance again?

Haven't seen him in the game yet but considering he will probably only get better and more valuable I doubt you will get him much cheaper than that. Go for it I say. If he fit's into your team perfectly and you can afford then why not?

I'm managing Man united and my four strikers are rooney,falcao,Wilson and mitrovic and I want to buy zivkovic should I get rid of rooney and have falcao as my only experience striker but only for one season unless I buy him permanently the next which by then he might be 29/30 or should I buy zivkovic and have 5 strikers but rotate between them which could be difficult because 2 strikers will be fielded at once but one might be unhappy or should I loan Wilson out to gain experience because I really don't want to keep Wilson in the under 21's for 2 seasons in a row?

Player Name: Paul Pogba

Your Team: Barcelona

Player's Value: 27

Offer: 11.5M Euro plus 40.5M Euro over 24 months

Transfer/Wage Budget: 29M

Patch:

I need a long term replacement for Xavi. I could probably squeeze another season out of him though. Pogba looks like the best young midfield option - somebody ready to step in immediately but also some development potential and youth on his side. However it would mean me spending all of my wag and transfer budget on him.

I would be happy to wait if i thought i would be able to get a bid accepted this time next year. but from last years version it was impossible to buy him or vidal for less than €200m. Even after my first contract offer was rejected by him, Juve wanted €140m, so I reloaded back to the contract offer.

So, should i break the bank now, or will I have a chance again?

The moment Pogba signs a new contract with Juventus, any chance of buying him will hinge on whether you can afford to pay his obscene salary. Pogba is one of those that must be bought early on, I signed him as early as January 2015 for United and manage to agree 150k p/w with him as he hasn't signed a new contract with Juve.

Not sure who to buy out of these two? Pretty much the same team rating, gudelj has 16 determination compared to Soriano's 10 (Accidently posted this in the fm14 one, whoops)

Player Name: Roberto Soriano

Your Team: Aston Villa

Buyer/Seller: Sampdoria

Player's Value: 2.7m

Offer: 3.5m

Transfer/Wage Budget: 15m

Patch: 15.0.3

Season:14/15

Player Name: Nemanja Gudelj

Your Team: Aston Villa

Buyer/Seller: AZ

Player's Value: 5.5m

Offer: 7.5m

Transfer/Wage Budget: same as above

Patch: same

Season: same

Currently playing with Grasshoppers in Switzerland, money is really tight and the squad is small. Start of season one.

Michael Lang only has a year left on his contract, and won't sign a new one. He's among the best players at the club, but Rennes have come in for him with a £1.7M bid and I really cannot afford not to sell. This means I'm in desperate need of a replacement. There is no available wage budget or transfer budget, but I will be able to retain 40% of the Lang transfer to adjust for transfer fee/wages for the replacement.

I'm currently looking at Espen Ruud at OB, who only has six months left on his contract, but OB are being difficult. Any reasonable suggestions will be very welcome. As you understand, I will not be able to use more than ~500k on this transfer.

DNGC7mI.png

:(

Difficult to know who would be available and at what price..

Some right back bargains I've noted down

Petar Stojanovic

Junior Caicara

Pavel Kaderabek

Martin Linnes

Christian Manea (wunderkid)

Felix Passlack (loan maybe?)

if you like the south american route again, then I'd also consider Edson Mendoza for 70k (who starts at Zamora FC in Venezuela) - but he can get an early move

also take a look at some of the club or region player threads, some gems in there (Vindheim from Brann being notable)

Thanks eple, but all of those are too costly for me I'm afraid. Generally interesting players to have in mind though! :thup:

samdiatmh: Haha yeah, it was me who posted Vindheim first I think. He's going to be just a tiny bit too expensive, unfortunately. : / Going for a temporary solution, loaning Patric from Barcelona B. Not a bad replacement for the season, but of course I'll have to adress the problem again at a later date.

EbUS1aq.png

Player Name: Mateo Musacchio

Your Team: Villarreal

Buyer/Seller: Man Utd

Player's Value: 8.75

Offer: Negotiated to 25m + 30% profit next sale

Transfer/Wage Budget: 1m & 550k/week

Patch: Full Game

Player Name: Steven Caulker

Your Team: QPR

Buyer: Arsenal

Player's Value: 9.1

Offer: 27m pounds in total, 10m upfront, the rest in installments.

Transfer/Wage Budget: More than enough.

Player Name: Stefano Denswil

Your Team: QPR

Seller: Ajax

Player's Value: 5.0

Offer: 7.0m upfront, 3m in installments, 10m total.

Transfer/Wage Budget: More than enough

So basically, should I sell Caulker for 27m pounds and buy Denswil as a replacement? I'm in my second season, my other CD's are Balanta, Onouah and Ferdinand who is getting on a bit.

Player Name: Marcelo

Your Team: Chelsea

Seller: real madrid

Player's Value: 16m

Offer: 18m

Transfer/Wage Budget: More than enough.

Season: July 14

Player Name: Ricardo Rodriguez

Your Team: Chelsea

Seller: Wolfsburg

Player's Value: 9m

Offer: 13.5m

Transfer/Wage Budget: More than enough

Season: July 14

Can't decide which one, edging towards Rodriguez due to his age though

RRod for me, Marcelo was too inconsistent (I preferred Coentrao as Madrid manager)

Name: Eder Balanta

Team: Created (Prem team, CL contender)

Buyer: PSG

Value: 9.75m

Offer: 20m - 4.9m upfront, 8m over 12 months, 3.6m after 50 league games, 3.5m after 10 int appearances, 20% profit (or see below)

Full Game

Season: start of season 2

Other: He'd whinged about wanting more money, so I've got to sell him eventually anyway, is 20m enough for him? He's 3rd choice behind Noguera (and another) so I've got to look at a replacement (have lined up a regen with amazing stats)

Edit: Oh, and I'm not expecting him to get the 50 games quickly, they already have Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, Aymeric Laporte and David Luiz as DCs (great planning there :p)

GtIeMzt.jpg

Player Name: Lucas Romero

Your Team: Wolverhampton Wanderers

Buyer/Seller: Arsenal

Player's Value: £25,000,000

Offer: £50,000,000 (20M up front, 30m over 24 months)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £100k left

Season: 2017/2018

I came 3rd in the league last season and qualified for the Champions League, building a youthful squad and Romero was central to that. The money will help strengthen other areas such as GK and Striker, as midfield is a strong area, however I'll have to play Dele Alli in midfield to replace him, or Xhaka..

What do you guys think? I've got a really strong midfield, however Romero is such a good player, and still ties in with the young and hungry policy of mine.

Romero's page:

http://i.imgur.com/Oju39kl.jpg

Squad:

http://i.imgur.com/x5Q7uS4.jpg

Player Name: Mirallas

Your Team: Everton

Buyer/Seller: Chelsea

Player's Value: £19,000,000

Offer: £47,500,000 (40M up front, 7.5m over 12 months)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £5m - 40k under wage budget, will be 80k after this

Season: Summer first season

Good deal yeah? Thinking of getting Balanta and some real quality on the flanks with the money.

Player Name: Donis Avdijaj

Your Team: Bradford City(reigning PL Champions)

Buyer/Seller: Gelsenkirchen/Schalke

Player's Value: £6,750,000

Offer: £29,000,000(10 up front, 19 over 48 months)(30kpw wages, seller to also pay 14kpw for 1.5 years)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £74m - 72kpw

Patch: 15.1.3

Season: 19/20(Jan 2020)

Here's a screencap, he's at 3* CA, 4*PPA.

Donis Avdijaj

I've struggled to get a truly great striker, especially a creative one, which is why I'm considering this. All the usual ones are either at bigger clubs, or at (even more)ridiculous transfer fees.

Player Name: Nathaniel Clyne

Your Team: Manchester United

Buyer/Seller: Southampton

Player's Value: ? (can't remember without the game open)

Club wants: £9 million

Transfer Budget: £37 million left

Season: 14/15 (First season, game just started)

I think I need a right back, that can also play wing-back. With Rafael out, and half the central defense (including the ones that can play the position), I'm playing Antonio Valencia at that position atm. I've heard great things about Clyne this year, so £9 mil seems like a fair price imo. But what do you think?

Player Name: Nathaniel Clyne

Your Team: Manchester United

Buyer/Seller: Southampton

Player's Value: ? (can't remember without the game open)

Club wants: £9 million

Transfer Budget: £37 million left

Season: 14/15 (First season, game just started)

I think I need a right back, that can also play wing-back. With Rafael out, and half the central defense (including the ones that can play the position), I'm playing Antonio Valencia at that position atm. I've heard great things about Clyne this year, so £9 mil seems like a fair price imo. But what do you think?

Good price, very good player, another option would be Gino Peruzzi, you'd get him for a third of that, give or take. He doesn't have the raw pace of Clyne though.

Player Name: Youri Tielemans

Your Team: Bradford City(reigning PL Champions)

Player's Value: £27m

Offer: £46m(26 up front, 20 over 12 months)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £74m - 72kpw

Season: 19/20(Jan 2020)

He's a bit injury prone, I can replace him with a similar if less developed(better physically, but not as technical) player for 15.5m, but this guy "Dreads Big Games"

Verhoeven

Player Name: Thibaut Courtois

Player's Value: £17.75m

Offer: £23m plus £30m over 48 months plus £6m after 50 league appearances pluse £120k per league appearance for 50 appearaces

Transfer/Wage Budget: £49m

Patch:

Player Name: Jeronimo Rulli

Buyer/Seller: Real Sociedad

Player's Value: £13.5m

Offer: £25m plus £2.5m after 50 league appearances

Patch:

Having trouble deciding, Rulli is clearly the better value but my concern is his communication and aerial ability. This is an upgrade to Szczesny who kept 18 clean sheets in the league last season (I just don't trust that eccentricity stat haha) so really I want to have a player who shares his strengths, hence Courtois. Not worried about transfer budgets, I have money available and this will be my last transfer for the window.

Cheers

Player Name: Thibaut Courtois

Player's Value: £17.75m

Offer: £23m plus £30m over 48 months plus £6m after 50 league appearances pluse £120k per league appearance for 50 appearaces

Patch:

Player Name: Jeronimo Rulli

Buyer/Seller: Real Sociedad

Player's Value: £13.5m

Offer: £25m plus £2.5m after 50 league appearances

Patch:

Having trouble deciding, Rulli is clearly the better value but my concern is his communication and aerial ability. This is an upgrade to Szczesny who kept 18 clean sheets in the league last season (I just don't trust that eccentricity stat haha) so really I want to have a player who shares his strengths, hence Courtois. Not worried about transfer budgets, I have money available and this will be my last transfer for the window.

Cheers

Since money is no object, Courtois all the way, Rulli has a few random stats AFAIK and that might affect him in more ways than Courtois.

Buying/Selling: Buying.

Player Name: Victor Wanyama.

Your Team: West Ham.

Buyer/Seller: Southampton.

Player's Value: £12.5m.

Offer: £16.5m.

Transfer/Wage Budget: £4.38m/£400k excess.

Patch: Latest.

Season: End of first.

or

Buying/Selling: Buying.

Player Name: Sebastian Rode.

Your Team: West Ham.

Buyer/Seller: Bayern Munich.

Player's Value: £9.25m.

Offer: £4.7m.

Transfer/Wage Budget: £1.38m/£300k excess.

Patch: Latest.

Season: End of first.

I went a bit mad with signings, but a bit of muscle in the midfield is what I need now.

I can afford Wanyama if I manage to offload Nolan or Jarvis. Rode is the cheaper option that keeps my squad intact.

Sell, so many better DM,MC for that sort of money who are less injury prone...get Romero, Gaston Gil Romero or Matias Kranevitter instead with the money.

just as a sidenote, GG Romero stayed at Estuadiantes in mine, and (by all reports, given that he wants around 84k per week) will be leaving on a free at the end of season 2

personally (having signed the other 2) Romero is more of a passing DM (think XabiAlonso) and Kranevitter is more of a ballwinner

just something to think about, they're both great options though (and 13m total to boot)

Player Name: Marco Van ginkel

Your Team: chelsea

Buyer/Seller: PSG

Player's Value: £11.5m

Offer: £7m up front, £9.75m over 12 months, £3.5m after 10 games, £3.5m after 10 goals, £3.5m after 10 international games, something else. £29.75m total

Transfer/Wage Budget:£75m

Patch: latest

Season: beginning of second season

Good price, very good player, another option would be Gino Peruzzi, you'd get him for a third of that, give or take. He doesn't have the raw pace of Clyne though.
Had both. Clyne is markedly better. Served me well for a while before Patric the Barca Youth player, Chambers coming back and John Stones joining edged him out of the side.

Given Man U are short of a right back, i'd go for it. There are a few better options, but none that are English or available for less than £10m. I ended up selling Clyne to Man City for £15m.

Player Name: Antonio Rudiger

Your Team: Spurs

Buyer/Seller: Stuttgart

Player's Value: 3.6 Million

Offer: 2.2 million plus 3.8m over 12 months and 20 % of future fee.

Transfer/Wage Budget: 3.8

Patch: latest

Season: winter 2014/15

I have Umtiti, Schar, Dier and Marlon as my rotation guys and Joe Gomez in the under 21s. He is solid but maybe I don't need him, a luxury purchase.

Buying/Selling: Buying Player Name: Antonio Rudiger Your Team: Spurs Buyer/Seller: Stuttgart Player's Value: 3.6 Million Offer: 2.2 million plus 3.8m over 12 months and 20 % of future fee. Transfer/Wage Budget: 3.8 Patch: latest Season: winter 2014/15 I have Umtiti, Schar, Dier and Marlon as my rotation guys and Joe Gomez in the under 21s. He is solid but maybe I don't need him, a luxury purchase.
Nope. You got enough CBs

Archived