FM15 : Liverpool FC - Re-rebuilding, all over again

cezar.sl

If you have all your first team players in a position injured and you're forced to play someone who's below average rating, 'cause he's all you have left, don't think to yourself: 'he's the last person that can get injured'...

The FM/Murphy's law will make sure he's injured a few minutes later.

Don't even care anymore.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season 1 - Complete

CompetitionsPremier League: 3rd

Champions League: Semi Finals

FA Cup: Third Round

League Cup: Third Round

Finished 3rd in the league on 80 points (+51 GD) behind a storming Chelsea (99 points) and United.

Went 3-0 up at home against Barcelona in the CL Semi Final only to be humiliated 7-1 in the second leg.

Happy with our league performance, especially the defence considering its the weakest part of the team.

I had great success playing a 4-2-3-1 all season, with one of the CM's pushed back to CDM.

Coutinho and Sterling made the most assists in the league, 20 each.

TransfersFirst Window Closed

Ins:

Lucas Silva - £6.5m

Youri Tielemans - £9.5m

Giovani Dos Santos - £12.5m

Jack Butland - £3.5m

Marquinhos - £4.8m

Outs:

Joe Allen - £10m

Lucas Leiva - £7.5m

Fabio Borini - £7.5m

Iago Aspas - £4.5m

Jose Enrique - £4m

Kolo Toure - £20k

Loans..

Very pleased with my dealings, finishing the year with a net spend of just £3.3m. Giovani Dos Santos turned out to be a great signing, coming runner up in 'Signing of the Season'. Lucas Silva has also had a storming second half of the season, a very accomplished passer with a real eye for goal, including a hat-trick against Southampton and an overhead kick! Marquinhos and Butland have provided backup whilst Tielemans is one for the future.

I have no time for those which I sold. The only one who was getting game time under me was Allen, but by December his poor performances spelled out his fate for him.

Moving on.. Season 2

I have just arrived at my first fixture of the new campaign. I am hoping to progress but CL qualification is still satisfactory. I have made some pretty big changes to the squad with profit in mind, noticeably upfront. I am content with the balance of my squad, however I made find myself improving the defence in January.

Ins:

Bryan Oviedo - £1.7m

Benat - £1.4m

Jeronimo Ruilli - Free Transfer

Carlos Vela - £15m + £5m in installments

Danny Ings - 14m

Outs:

Mario Balotelli - £50m

Daniel Sturridge - £55m

Martin Skrtel - £4.6m

Luis Alberto - £2.9m

Andre Wisdom - £2.3m

Sebastian Coates - £725k

Steven Gerrard - Free

Glen Johnson - Free

Loans..

Oviedo will provide good cover down the left whilst Benat will be retrained as a regista as backup for Lucas Silva, who will comfortably take over the role from the departing Gerrard. Ruilli will provide more competition for the #1 shirt which will be up for grabs this year whilst Carlos Vela and Danny Ings are the new striker force, with Lambert retaining his role as 3rd striker.

I could not resist the money from the Balotelli and Sturrdige deals, I only planned to sell once in this window but as I got the offers, I went for it. Skrtel is one that I wanted off the wage bill, along with the not needed Alberto, Wisdom and Coates.

I am very happy with my wage budget. And will be looking to further reduce it with the sale of Lovren.

CSS_Matt - How do you play Lucas Silva? Straight DM? Looking at a new DM and he is one that is on my shortlist.

I am actually playing him as a Regista. I like the aggressiveness of the role & how he is a threat from outside the area.

In 11(2) appearances his stats are as follows.

- 4 Goals

- 2 Penalties (2)

- 1 Assist

- 1 POM

- 87% Passing

- 9.23 Tackles per Game

- 7.36 Average Rating

Going into the second season he is becoming even better. All round improvements.

I have my defence push up higher to compensate for the gap.

Just got POM in a 7-1 mauling of Spurs.

Finally finished season 1 on the update

PL finished second to Chelsea who won the league easily, we just pipped city for second

FA cup we won beating Chelsea 2-0 in the final

LC out in 3rd round to arsenal

CL out to PSG in first knockout rd. 1st leg at home was 0-0 and we lost 3-2 to and 89th minute goal.

Transfers for season 2

IN

Rulli - 22.5m

Lamela - 23m

Chambers - 25m

Neves -10m after first season loan

Mammana - 4.7m after first season loan

Lucas silva - 6.25m was transfer listed by real in jan and made transfer forend of season

Barbosa - 8.5m + 14m to agent

Out went

Lallana 15m, markovic 15m, wisdom 5m, Coates 5m, lambert 1m, mignolet 14m, Lovern 10.25m, Alberto 6m, Aspas 7.5m, Lucas leiva 20m, balotelli 40m

Happy with the squad for the second season, good quality all round but trying to decide on cancelling manquillo's loan and bringing in clyne and also buying ward-Prowse to up the English contingent

It is a little quiet in here but with the free time I currently have, I might liven this place up a little.

Although I have done my usual overhaul of the squad when I start a save, things are going just as well as before.

The one problem is, there are a lot of players who, in the early stages of the game, are asking for first team football that I can't possibly give to at all times.

I understand Adam Lallana because he's highly rated in the game and probably deserves said first team football because in the games he has played so far, he's been very decent

However, Dejan Lovren and Joe Allen came to me AFTER they underperformed in a 4-0 win against Crystal Palace about their lack of first team football and I'm really losing my patience with them.

I gave in and will be playing them throughout the next month to keep them happy and their value up, but come on, I'm only in October. :lol:

Just finished my 1st season. In the last few games I jumped from 5th to 2nd in the league and beat Man City in the Champions League although i must admit I had a very easy run! Man City was the hardest team.

Mario B sold to R.Madrid for £66m, Sakho in talks with Monaco about a £24m move. Got Sturridge to sign a new deal after his top scorer in the league award - 35 goals. Got request accepted at board level for increasing youth development, improve training facilities. I'm looking at building on developing my own players more and like to get the wage budget under £1.4m - currently £1.75m.

Just finished my 1st season. In the last few games I jumped from 5th to 2nd in the league and beat Man City in the Champions League although i must admit I had a very easy run! Man City was the hardest team.

Mario B sold to R.Madrid for £66m, Sakho in talks with Monaco about a £24m move. Got Sturridge to sign a new deal after his top scorer in the league award - 35 goals. Got request accepted at board level for increasing youth development, improve training facilities. I'm looking at building on developing my own players more and like to get the wage budget under £1.4m - currently £1.75m.

do not sell Sahko!!! build your defence around him!

I may as well post a couple of screenshots to keep the thread going.

At the moment, I have only played seven league games, but we are doing exceptionally well. Won 7 games and the goals are spread across a lot of players.

8b1f2f9e4c5be1a1c5ab2fa1a6edf144.png

In the cups, we have been getting exceptionally draws. We have a Champions League group of Porto, Roma and Basel and in the Capital One Cup we have already beaten a League One side in Bristol City 4-0 with a young side, and will face a Championship side in Wolves in the next round.

1805bb5ecb66716d0c71283f6cf3aff2.png

Transfers wise, I'm really happy with what I've done. I have only bought players good enough for the first team and/or direct replacements for those I sold.

2de33bbef05606fde0297de9b17cc4ff.png

Season 1 review

League:8th

Fa cup: Rd 6

League cup:R/U

Champions league:R/U

Overall

Disappointed with my season finishing 8th was in the top 4 hunt up to Feb then my season fell away reached 2 finals losing both lost to City in ET in the league cup final & to Real Madrid in the champions league final 2-1 was leading 1-0 board didnt give me much money only got 24 mill to spend including player sales Depay is got to be my best signing in season 2 so far signed no one in season 1

That's really unfortunate, Glenn. Depay should add something huge to your side in the upcoming season, he's amazing even at such a young age.

I'm currently struggling to keep everyone happy in my squad and have to rotate a lot of players. It's frustrating, but at least I can keep the squad at an at least decent level of fitness throughout.

That's really unfortunate, Glenn. Depay should add something huge to your side in the upcoming season, he's amazing even at such a young age.

I'm currently struggling to keep everyone happy in my squad and have to rotate a lot of players. It's frustrating, but at least I can keep the squad at an at least decent level of fitness throughout.

Hes been great best signing so far have slumped abit after a good start now gone 4 games without a win 2 draws & 2 loses

Keep it up, you can only improve. :)

Martin Demichelis of all people ended a 12 game clean sheet streak in my game. Quite annoying, but we still won with absolute ease.

2ba1f9283120bc91819d58fc6672a76d.png

Sakho and Balanta as a centre back partnership is pretty special.

I currently have four players who are considered world class in the team; Coutinho, Sterling, Henderson and Sakho. Things are definitely looking up. :)

Review Season 2

15hilqe.jpg

Stats

23s7pcx.jpg

Trophy Haul

Premier League:2016

Happy with the season Depay no doubt was the best signing scoring over 30 goals from the left Sturridge was injury free as well got over 30 goals as well wont change much was gonna keep Mignolet but hes dropped to 2 stars ive sold him to Roma & signed Rulli as my 1st choice for season 3

Very well done, Glenn. Depay looks monstrous!

As for my tactic, I will just post the formation of it because I do a lot of changing around with roles and instructions depending if home or away.

For example, I mainly have this as my home tactic, but if Lallana is playing, I will change to Advanced Playmaker as he's much better in that role.

a1c20b3e825aa3d7a8785898d64f16a0.png

For games away against better sides, I have this tactic, but again, Lallana as an AP on the left wing position and Romero as a roaming playmaker in the DM position.

f64681d23b6846b2fbc9934c5954596a.png

edit:

Balotelli is going to start my next game after this (got two assists also)

ca76534735c869acc049682ac4477bcc.png

Review Season 2

15hilqe.jpg

Stats

23s7pcx.jpg

Trophy Haul

Premier League:2016

Happy with the season Depay no doubt was the best signing scoring over 30 goals from the left Sturridge was injury free as well got over 30 goals as well wont change much was gonna keep Mignolet but hes dropped to 2 stars ive sold him to Roma & signed Rulli as my 1st choice for season 3

Great season mate

Depay! Holy ***** what a season

Gutted I didn't buy him now, went for lamela in my save as he got 20 goals for Spurs in season 1

Barcelona%20v%20Liverpool_%20Match%20Post%20Match_zpsfotpzysx.png

in 2018/19 season and hopeful of finally winning the champions league after destroying Barca :)

i'm only in my second seaasond and have them in my CL group with Monaco & Inter, I just lost to barca 4-1 and they had a man sent off at 0-0!!

Great season mate

Depay! Holy ***** what a season

Gutted I didn't buy him now, went for lamela in my save as he got 20 goals for Spurs in season 1

Thanks Mate no europe helped me as well yes Depay hes a beast & is world class in season 3

Coutinho is the second player to fulfil is potential already in this save. I'm not even half way into the season and he's rated five star. It indicates clearly who I should be building my team around.

Fantastic season 2016/17..

Won English Premier League

Won Club World Championship

Won European Champions Cup

Won European Super Cup

Won FA Cup

Won Capital One Cup

Won English Community Shield.

So won EVERYTHING!!!

Sturridge, Kenedy, Sterling and Origi all scored over 20 goals with Sturridge leading the pack on 29.

The same 4 players lead the average rating charts too, with only .01 separating them all. Sterling and Kenedy equal on 7.66.

Coutinho, Sterling, Kenedy with 20+ assists each, Coutinho leading on 32 and he played most games in midfield.

3 midfielders lead the passing ratings, Odegaard, Romero and Martin (regen), average age between those 3 is 19!! Very exciting future.

James Few, a Regen CB, is amazing, averaging 2 tackles per game more than anyone else.

Sakho, Stones, Clyne and Moreno were the most solid back 4 I had. Digne, Balanta were great also.

My midfield is packed, I do not know what to do! Henderson, Tielemans, Romero, Odegaard, Coutinho, Martin and Goretzka..

do not sell Sahko!!! build your defence around him!

I was only in talks with Monaco as he wanted to leave but recently he has optd to stay. Lovren as gone for £25 instead. Also got Depay.

Do need another replacement for Glen Johnson, is Clyne any good?

clyne is good if you want to English option. Chambers is also a great buy at the start of season 2

if you want a quality fullback look at Darmain from Torino. can play LB as well as RB and only costs 6.5m top in season 1

Thanks Mate no europe helped me as well yes Depay hes a beast & is world class in season 3

while lamela is doing well for me he's nowhere near those stats so far for me. but he did have that sort of season for spurs which is why I bought him

Start of 2017/18 Season.

Not played a game as yet, however I dangled Markovic for $60mil, not really featuring to much in my plans I thought i'll see what clubs are willing to pay.

FCP came up with a $60mil bid, all up front, I took it, to good to turn down.

Huge changes..

OUT

Markovic $60M

Coutinho $53M (clauses will raise it up to $76M)

Kenedy $36M (clauses will raise it up to $63M)

IN

Depay $60M

Will be pushing Sterling to AMR with Depay on the left side.

Depay is a beast & the best attacking player ive signed in FM 15

Season 3

2qn62bo.jpg

Stats

9vih05.jpg

Trophy Haul

Premier League:2016,2017

League Cup:2017

The title went down to the wire with Us,Man City & Chelsea still in the hunt i was 2 pts off city & 3 off Chelsea they had a better GD fortuney we won the game they won both means ive won back to back titles for the 1st time in FM 15 Depay was outstanding again not like last season but still a monster of a player despite Sturridge missing 3 months of the season he won the golden boot

Season 3

2qn62bo.jpg

Stats

9vih05.jpg

Trophy Haul

Premier League:2016,2017

League Cup:2017

The title went down to the wire with Us,Man City & Chelsea still in the hunt i was 2 pts off city & 3 off Chelsea they had a better GD fortuney we won the game they won both means ive won back to back titles for the 1st time in FM 15 Depay was outstanding again not like last season but still a monster of a player despite Sturridge missing 3 months of the season he won the golden boot

2 good seasons mate

CL the target for the next one

Archived