FM15 : Liverpool FC - Re-rebuilding, all over again

cezar.sl

I feel this!

Just ending my first season, probably just gonna miss out on the league mainly due to Borini, Balotelli and Lambert being poor when Sturridge was constantly out until February(Sturridge has been class and injury free since surprisingly!) but got to rebuild my strikers in the summer. Balotelli is already gone(24mil from Dortmund after a few bids but not 'able to complete the transfer due to lack of funds' in January), Lambert is on the transfer list and might keep Borini as a 4th choice depending on who I get. Mitrovic is looking likely but not sure and want to give Origi a go.

Only skim read a few pages, but has anyone found Mignolet awful? He gets decent ratings(6.84 as of now in May) I'd say at least half his goal conceding replays seem to come off him and go in the opposite direction to the original shot... not noticed this on any of my other saves with other keepers so it's making me uneasy about him. So a GK is definitely on my list too.

Right back is a must. Johnson is another who's average rating looks good, but I don't think I've ever seen someone dip so much midmatch then somehow finish with a 6.8+.

Lallana is going to Newcastle on the cheap and I'll happily drop him off there myself.

Hoping for a good budget in the summer so hopefully I can do everything I want. Surprised at how many here have gone massive with Liverpool, gonna try and stick to the 'good young players for the first team' board promise and find some gems without going for Odengarrd and Balanta. Must. Stay. Strong.

Edit for some positivity (which I forgot to include ha) - Emre Can is class, in and out of the team all season he's already rated on par with Gerrard. Playing with one central midfielder has made it a right pain choosing between Henderson and Allen. As mentioned Sturridge seems to be injury free and he scores for fun. Sakho and Skrtel have been solid...

Yeah I've found Mingolet to be pretty poor, I'm looking to offload him in the summer of 2015 along with Lambert, Lallana, Allen, and Enrique. My question is why do so many sell Balotelli? He's been outrageous for me, I'm in February of season 1 and he has around 25 goals.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm just approaching Christmas during the second season, and I'm pretty much smashing everybody in sight!

After the first season when I scraped into 4th the only signing I made was Samuel Umtiti who came in for free. I also signed Youri Tielemans who I was able to get for £4.7 million, and I loaned him back to Anderlecht for the season. The transfer budget I was given meant I couldn't sign anybody else, and I wasn't really willing to sell anybody to make some funds. Therefore my squad is pretty much the same as at the start of the game, the only other addition being that of Memphis Depay who I signed in January of the first season, and Timo Horn who I was able to get cheap due to his release clause, but loaned him out to get game time, as Mignolet has played really well.

I'm sitting top of the league on 44 points, having won 14 and drawn 2, scoring 49 goals and conceding 11. The only problem is Man Utd are also performing pretty well and sit just 4 points behind me. I am absolutely dominating games and the main reason for this is probably in midfield and the speed with which I win back the ball. I have Henderson playing as a box to box midfielder and Can just behind him playing as a Regista and the energy of these 2 guys, and ability to quickly win the ball back, means teams are rarely even getting near my defence, and when they do, Sakho and Moreno in particular have been phenomenal.

Once I've won the ball back I just let my attacking players do their stuff, normally Coutinho, Suso, Depay and Sturridge. Balotelli and Lallana have also contributed, Sterling less so, as he has missed a few months. Gerrard also missed a month or so, and struggles for a place now, due to the form in the middle of the park of Can, Henderson and Coutinho. Lucas has also been decent, who I have used as a Defensive Midfielder in some tougher away games.

Already looking ahead to next season and eying up Strootman as a replacement for Lucas. The combination of him, Can and Henderson, would be unbeatable, they all have great physical attributes, I don't think anybody would get in my half with them 3 closing down in midfield!! Not sure if signing him would be possible, I guess it depends how this season pans out. Other options are Gundogan and Kramer. May possibly move Lallana on too, as he picks up quite a few injuries, and he would make room for Tielemans coming in.

I have drawn Real Madrid in the first knock out round of the Champions League, so I'll let you know how I get on!

So....I finished the second season. I continued smashing everybody in sight, until the very end of the season. I then lost 3 games in 4 during April to Spurs, Arsenal and Everton which cost me the title as Man Utd were constantly on my tail. They won the league with 101 points, whilst I finished 2nd with 92 points scoring 96 goals in the process and conceding just 28. I also then lost the FA Cup Final to Chelsea 4-1. In the Champions League I drew Real Madrid in the first knock out round and beat them 2-0 at home but then lost 3-0 at their place. So despite excellent results through out I ended up with nothing!

Highest rated players were Coutinho, Moreno and Sturridge though most players finished with a rating of around 7.4. Best looking youngster coming through is Sheyi Ojo. He looks incredible. Most of his attributes are up around 13/14/15 mark, he is far outdoing Jordan Rossitor. Next season I will make sure he is in and around the first team squad. I note some people have Chirivella developing well but its not really happening for me. Not sure of my transfer budget yet, but as previously mentioned I would love to sign Strootman though suspect he will be well out of reach so will go for Christoph Kramer instead.

Yeah I've found Mingolet to be pretty poor, I'm looking to offload him in the summer of 2015 along with Lambert, Lallana, Allen, and Enrique. My question is why do so many sell Balotelli? He's been outrageous for me, I'm in February of season 1 and he has around 25 goals.

In march , he has 37 in 38 for me in first season..

Any chance you could show us how those young guys (Chirivella, etc) have developed?

I only really get onto this in work so cant screenshot the players. I did give Chirivella a slight boost as I felt he was seriously underrated for current ability

just joined Liverpool at the end of season 2 in my save after Rodgers was sacked after finishing 8th. I have just come from PSG where I was building my Rep up but got abit bored with domestic life in France. - Europe was the goal there.

Liverpool don't seem to have bought too many new faces in other the 2 seasons. so am looking forward to the challenge of getting them back into Europe. The board asked that I kept the backroom staff on (which iv not had before in FM) so wont be making any wholesale changes.

I was tempted to wait and see if I could get the Man City job with Manuel Retiring in June but thought that would be more of the same - looking forward to life at Anfield

Had a great first season!

Won the league with a game to spare. Got into the FA Cup final but lots 2-1 to Chelsea. Didn't sign anyone in the summer window and only signed Timo Horn in the winter and sold Lambo.

Just bought Will Hughes, Balanta, Danillo, Lucas Romero and Patrick Roberts. Sold Migs, Borini, Coates and looking to sell Balo but still unsure about that as he was very very good whenever he got the chance over Sturridge.

Any good replacement for Balo? Bear in mind Origi is also coming back so i'm considering just not buying any strikers and sticking with Sturridge, Origi and Roberts as i only play a 1 striker formation.

Also looking to sell Lallana as he really doesn'y fit in my formation.

Plus Aspas is valued at 17 million? What the hell?

He just wasn't working for me, maybe it was the way I was using him but my forward was never really my priority. My main aim with a Liverpool save was creating an unreal DM/MC/AMC block tactic. With the AP and SS behind him as an AF/P he was just not getting involved, whereas Sturridge really excelled there and even Lambert and Borini seemed so much better in that position. No doubt he can be a world beater, but average performances then a whinge is enough for me to push anyone out

2 games into the second season(won both, 2-0 & 4-1), just finished all my transfer deals for the window(barring any big offers)

main outs;

Lallana 8.5m Newcastle - Whinger, never performed when used.

Lambert 600k Hull - Would have been miles down the pecking order this season, unhappy with lack of first team football.

Sturridge 45mil Arsenal - Didn't want to lose him, but despite being injury free 2nd half of 1st season I didn't trust him to last.

Aspas 8mil Hull - Poor Hull.

Ilori 10mil Arsenal - 4th choice CB, couldn't turn down 10mil.

Jose Enrique 2.5mil Celta - Was letting his contract run down, happy to get some cash for him.

Main in;

Charlie Austin (ST) 7mil QPR - I have a hard on for him, second season in my QPR save he was unstoppable & wanted to see how he'd do.

Mattia Destro (ST) 7.5mil Roma - Always does well against me, be seen as my main striker this season.

Fernando Muslera (GK) 11mil Galatasaray - Only other 4 star keepers my scouts found were over 30 years old, happy to have him.

Timothee Kolodziejczak (LB) 5mil Seville - Scouts like him, I can't pronounce him. Backup.

Steven Caulker (CB) 17mil QPR - Paid too much, love him in the game. Gives me real CB selection choices.

I'm expecting some pointing and laughing at my transfer business, I'm definitely not happy with it but I really wanted most those players out & the ones I overspent on(the two QPR lads) I really wanted. Loaned out most of the decently rated 18 year olds for first team football along with Origi & Lloyd Jones. Aiming to sell a fair few older squad players at the end of the season and start building with youth.

I'll hopefully be hopping onto a Liverpool save tonight. I'm at the end of my seventh season at Southampton and with just five games left, Liverpool are 18th, 3 points adrift and they seem set for relegation.

I've no idea who they still have in the squad nor who their current manager is, but I think it could be a good challenge to clear the decks, rebuild and try to get them back into contention for domestic and then European honours over a 5-10 year plan.

One of their remaining games is against me, so they should hopefully be guaranteed relegation. I'll then resign and declare interest in the job when their manager inevitably gets the boot. If he isn't sacked, I'm sure his job stability will be wobbling, so I'll try and stir things up!

Is anyone in here that far into their save?

• SI Staff

Sorry to hijack this excellent thread, but SI have advertised for a new Liverpool researcher and received a disappointing response. Must have keen interest and knowledge of U21s and U18s as well as first-team. Please email (scouting at sigames dot com) for more info. Thanks.

Sorry to hijack this excellent thread, but SI have advertised for a new Liverpool researcher and received a disappointing response. Must have keen interest and knowledge of U21s and U18s as well as first-team. Please email (scouting at sigames dot com) for more info. Thanks.

If I didn't live on other side of the world I would so do it.

But I am miles away, footage is hard to come by, live games are non existence so internet is all I would have.

Nope...

29 Wins to start off season until Reading in their own back yard were pretty much godlike, I managed a draw.

Results of late are not going as well, tired players as season is coming to an end..

I am not sure how anyone could ever win EVERY game..

World class team, cannot do it!! :(

Start of Season 3 in Pre Season

After taking over a Liverpool team who finished 8th the previous year from French Champions PSG, I had to clear a bit of dead wood from an underachieving Liverpool side.

Not much in terms of Transfer budget (41 million) but enough to get started with.

Outs

Jan Klass Hunterlaar 2.5m to Milan

Glenn Johnson (now 32) 2.5m to West Ham

Yoann Gourcuff 9.5m to Udinese (good player but have far to many similar players and need the cash - good price too)

Luis Enquire End of Contract

Possible outs

Balotelli Was making noises to leave to Barcelona but no Bid has come in yet but I will sell if I get £35mil Plus for him

Suso - has been on loan at Milan where he did ok and is now commanding some interest from Arsenal and Monaco around 18 mil so may sell but not sure.

In's

Asmir Begovic 9.5mil From Relegated Stoke (new number 1 - I think Mignolet has had his time)

Nathanile Clyne 9mil from Southampton (replacement for Johnson)

Snra Free from Shaktar (Rodgers bought him in before he left could be a good backup)

Kerion Gibbs 3.6mil From Arsenal - English back up for Moreno

Wanting to sign

a Center back is a must! only have Loveren and Skrtel at the club and Can can play there too. - nearly bought Nastatic in but couldn't obtain a work permit - however not many around - Shawcross from relegated stoke is an option once he is fit after long term injury. Missed out on Howdes from Shaclke which was annoying

Long term replacement from Gerrard (now 35) and will be used much like Giggs and Scholes were for me

Youri Tielemans - Signed him at PSG but never played for the club - loaned him back to Anderlect for 2 Seasons - he is now in PSGs reverses so I am hoping I could get him at some point.

Really enjoying this

Umtit, Balanta, Varane for your CB Worries, although Nastastic should of got a work permit on appeal.

Do not sell Balotelli for less than $54mil, Suso is class, so if he fits your tactic, keep him, or if you sell, don't let him go for less than $30mil, it is doable.

Tielemans is Awesome! But also check out Lucas Romero. Ward-Prowse is also very good and cheap as chips.

thank you for those

At work at the moment but off the top of my head

Nastastic failed on two appeals for a work permit - I think he hadn't played a great deal over the last 2 seasons.

Balanta - I signed at PSG and now isn't interested in a move to Liverpool

Umtit was signed by PSG after I left

Varane is still at R.Madrid but without Champions league football I doubt I could attract him

Lucas Romero is at Tottenham I believe

I was thinking of Ward Prowse as an option

I think Suso could play as an attacking mid in the center of the park

am trying a False 9 formation with inside forwards on the wings

2 center mids (1 attacking from deep and a ball winner) a regista

and 4 at the back with supporting wingbacks overlapping

and 2 other formations with and without wingers

I'm 7 points behind from leader, Chelsea with 2 games left, so I lost my chance to be the champion of the PL in the second season. I had troubles in the league with having Roberto Perreyra, Coutinho and Suso were out for 3-4 months at the same time. The CL confuses me bcs of my performance, I'm far away from my league performance, just beaten Dortmund, Real Madrid and Barcelona with no loses. In the Final I'll face with LOSC Lille, had eliminated Chelsea in the semi-finals with an aggregate of 7-2. Also knocked out in the Capital One Cup semi-final, FA Cup semi-final and the European Super Cup which was also against LOSC Lille. I've won the Club World Championship.

Beside this I had a brilliant away match against Wolverhampton. The result was 5-5 and I've equalised in the last minute. I had two own half goals, one by Sturridge and one by Advijaj which was my last minute goal. I'm delighted with the match but wish I could win, with that 2 points I could still be in the challenge of winning the league title.

Really poor second season- didn't enjoy it at all. Won the Carling Cup, knocked out of the FA Cup in the 6th round at home by United, destroyed by Madrid in the Champions League Qtr Final but won the League on goal difference with United hot hot hot on my tail. Sturridge, who was oh-so prolific last season only scored 12 in 27 starts although every cloud and all that because Suso scored 28 and set up 18 in 44 starts. I love him. Origi hasn't really stepped up to the plate either. A few unhappy players in the squad. A mixture of some key players wanting to leave as top clubs shown some interest and the fact my defenders between them received 6 red cards in the PL so I was slapping out fines like they were going out of fashion. A few didn't like my squad rotation either. Balo moaned all season but continued to 23 in 23 starts.

I now have over £100M at my disposal after my board injected some cash in to my transfer budget twice. I'm tempted to replace Lovren and Henderson in my starting 11 and maybe buy a world class striker. Sturridge is far too injury prone for my liking.

Really poor second season- didn't enjoy it at all. Won the Carling Cup, knocked out of the FA Cup in the 6th round at home by United, destroyed by Madrid in the Champions League Qtr Final but won the League on goal difference with United hot hot hot on my tail. Sturridge, who was oh-so prolific last season only scored 12 in 27 starts although every cloud and all that because Suso scored 28 and set up 18 in 44 starts. I love him. Origi hasn't really stepped up to the plate either. A few unhappy players in the squad. A mixture of some key players wanting to leave as top clubs shown some interest and the fact my defenders between them received 6 red cards in the PL so I was slapping out fines like they were going out of fashion. A few didn't like my squad rotation either. Balo moaned all season but continued to 23 in 23 starts.

I now have over £100M at my disposal after my board injected some cash in to my transfer budget twice. I'm tempted to replace Lovren and Henderson in my starting 11 and maybe buy a world class striker. Sturridge is far too injury prone for my liking.

How are you playing Suso? I just clinched the league last night in season one with three games to spare, and I'm also in the semi-finals of the Champions League against Barcelona. I loaned Suso to Genoa in the first season because I've been playing mainly with two strikers, and my goal was to build up Lallana's value and then try to sell him so Suso can play regularly for me in season two. I mainly alternated between a 4-4-2 narrow diamond, 4-3-3 Barcelona style formation, and a 4-2-3-1. I highly recommend playing Sterling in the AMC role as a shadow striker, he was deadly for me until he tore a hamstring.

So an idiotic player has again just asked to move unless I can guarantee trophies. The thing is, I just won the CL final.......... Bayern were nowhere in sight. Yes I'm looking at you Emre Can! The season before after winning the CL was Sakho asking to go to RM. But with Sakho, all I had to do was win the league cup and he was then happy!

Now, for best players over season 2. Balo with 41 goals and 9 assists in 34 (9). Avg rating 7.67. 2nd was Flano at 7.57 over 44 games with Sterling also 7.57 over 42 (11). All my defenders/IF's and strikers were over 7.2. My weak link was all the CM (3 of them in the team) with all less than 7.16.

I guess I need to tweak my tactic a bit as not getting the best out of Hendo, Coutinho or Lucas Romero. Using Typhon reloaded so not sure if that is just th tactics fault or maybe my team talks?

Still Having to field my second team before every ECC match in order to give first team a rest.

I am dropping matches, which is ok, I have the EPL all wrapped up..

Also giving me the chance to take a good look at my youth. Some pleasing performances. Most of my youth are English too, last window I spent my $60mil on the best English talent I could find..

I have managed to bring in Youri Tielemans on loan from PSG with a rather high future fee (which at least gives me the option to bring him in) I have also brought in on loan Troure from Barcelona again with a high future fee. Which for both is not ideal but I am pleased to see for myself what they can do - Troure seems a really good player. I tried to get Sharqui but he went to Barcelona instead from Dortmund. I am Going for a quick pacey attack with Henderson/an ageing Gerrard sparying passes to them from deep. the young Belguim Ojeli (not correct spelling) Is going to be brought thrugh this year after two good years on loan. he has had a good pre season

I have managed to source a Center back too - Miranda from A.Madrid for £5mil . I am Also trying to bring in Ashley Williams from Swansea for more cover.

My preseason went well and have found a couple of tactics that I like. 4231 and a 433 with a false 9 - inside fwds and wingbacks providing width.

I am hoping to get £20+ Mil for Mitrovic. Johnson isn't proving easy to sell due to his high wages. But I will try my best to get him off the wage bill. Suso is also getting a lot of interest I am thinking of offloading him but he does seem to be a talent so I am not sure what to do there.

I'm at work for another six hours, I beat them twice already this season, 5-3 at the Emirates and 5-1 at home. Knock wood I can pull off another victory, I was not expecting to get this far in the Champions League.

I pulled it off! Henderson put me in front in the 6th minute, and Szczesny played out of his mind until the 93rd minute when he joined the attack and Sturridge hit the second goal into an empty net from 60 yards Xabi Alonso style.

Community Shield 2020.

Chelsea manager giving me lip etc...

I gave him a lot back, said we will dominate the match..

Won 2-5. yay

Edit: 3 games in EPL played so far.

H 7-0 Win against Everton.

A 4-2 Win vs Stoke

H 10-0 Win against Southampton.

keeping my long term save going. started season 4 and am at the final day of the summer transfer window.

Barca have messed up my plans by bidding for manquillo. the had made a couple of small bids over the summer and unsettled him and I set a 15m price for him. they have now matched it. need to find another RB who is happen to rotate now, money doesn't matter but i'm not paying stupid wages

have a bid from Bayern for Origi as well. trying to get them up to 40m upfront. don't want to sell really but have Sturridge, Barbosa, Lacazette, Origi and a wonderkid regen. tweaking formation to only play 1 upfront as well

have gotten a wonderkid from Madrid on loan that has unbelievable Messi like potential so hoping the loan can lead to a buy. can play in all 3 AM positions

trying to sell Chirivella now as he is unsettled and have loaned out Wilson to get him games as he wants a loan.

allowed another regen CM to go on loan as well which has tightened up the squad nicely now.

Javi Manquillo has been a traitor in my game. He just asked me that Arsenal is interested in signing him and he wants to join Arsenal to win trophies. I found it very embarassing, I've finished the second season and I've already won 1 PL title, 2 CL title, 1 FA & 1 Capital One Cup also one European Super Cup. When I told him not to leave he just gave an answer: "then show me that I'm a key player for this team." I said **** off and tried to sell him. Arsenal didn't try to buy him that was very annoying and he joined to Inter about 14 M €

What's the key to getting rid of Lallana? I'm about to start season two, I've been able to offload most of the dead wood at the team, and he is valued at 26 million, but no one wants to bid for him. Tottenham were interested but so far no takers, any suggestions?

make him play in the first half of the next season for about 15 games and sell him to Manchester City

make him play in the first half of the next season for about 15 games and sell him to Manchester City
My issue with that is that I mainly play a narrow 4-4-2 diamond with only one AMC, and I already have Sterling, Coutinho, and now Suso filling that spot, so he isn't going to play much.

What's the key to getting rid of Lallana? I'm about to start season two, I've been able to offload most of the dead wood at the team, and he is valued at 26 million, but no one wants to bid for him. Tottenham were interested but so far no takers, any suggestions?

I think just try and give him as much game time as possible. Not easy considering how he is so often injured but it helps. I sold him for like 25M on mine. Almost got 29M from Inter but kept trying to push the price up and they pulled out.

I think just try and give him as much game time as possible. Not easy considering how he is so often injured but it helps. I sold him for like 25M on mine. Almost got 29M from Inter but kept trying to push the price up and they pulled out.

Why would you keep playing a player you don't want? Surely you want rid cause he's not good enough. At the end of season 2 I got about £10 million from Newcastle.

So I started a new game because I messed up my original game with too many transfers and stuff.

I'm in Feb 2015, 3rd in the league, but there's only 3 points between Chelsea, Man Utd and us. Got the League Cup final against City coming up, a CL tie with Basel, but I'm already out of the FA Cup.

I have spent £23m on Seko Fofana, Lukas Hradecky (back up GK), Matteo Darmian, Lucas Romero, Martin Odegaard, Sergi Roberto and Danny Ings.

I brought in £48.5m for Glen Johnson, Fabio Borini, Brad Jones, Iago Aspas, Oussama Assaidi and Lucas Leiva.

I've kept changing the tactics fairly periodically, trying to get my all my in-form players into a coherent XI.

Stand-out performers so far are:

Phil Coutinho - 7.4 Average Rating, 15 assists in 21 games. He's just come back from 2 months out.

Sturridge and Balotelli - I very rarely play the two of them together, but they both have 21 goals - Sturridge from 30 games and Balo from 28.

Raheem Sterling - 10 goals and 9 assists from 28 games.

Skrtel and Sakho - Very solid. Sakho got injured just as Lovren was getting impatient and Sakho is just about back to fitness.

The only disappointment has been Mignolet. We've conceded far too many goals that he should have stopped. I can't find a replacement though. I like the look of Rulli but he will cost a lot. Probably £30m+, which I'm not sure I will want to spend.

The younger players have been decent. Suso made the most of Lallana's inability to stay fit when Coutinho was out and his performances have been solid, without scoring or making many goals. Lucas Romero has been shifted around the midfield in an effort to find his best role, as has Emre Can, but they have both done well. Actually, Can has been excellent. He started the season at CB, then LB, then DM, now he;s challenging Allen for the Roaming Playmaker position.

Also, trying to offload Jose Enrique while I can get some money for him. And what are people doing with Skrtel? He has been good, but I think his demands when I go to offer a new contract are too high.

I love Lallana. He's mainly a back up to Coutinho, but I'm starting to play him more because of Coutinho's wanting to leave and he's playing really well. The only reason I would sell him is when he starts to age or if he wants out of the club.

I have been using FMScout to check out regens..

The game is flapped.

Regens while having high PA's, the attributes are screwed, the mentals are no where near the high class players already in the game, technical seems random and Physical are just poor.

For example.

Player with 190PA, he is a striker.

His shooting is 7! while some of his other stats that have nothing to do with strikers are 20!!

He has high pace, but Physically he is poor everywhere else.

Vision is poor on all Regens, barely ever above 7, why?

Anyway, when the real players all retire, the game would be useless, regens are not even close to decent enough.

Archived