FM15 : Liverpool FC - Re-rebuilding, all over again

cezar.sl

Anyone have a recommendation for Lucas Romero's best role? I'm in season one, I am alternating between a 4-3-3 Barcelona style tactic, and a narrow 4-4-2 diamond midfield. Gerrard and Henderson are the two CMs, playing as a Deep Lying Playmaker and a Box-to-Box midfielder respectively. I've been playing Romero as the anchor from the DMC slot, and I've managed to win my first five league games and one Champions League match, but Romero's rating have been fairly low, usually 6.6. Any thoughts about how to get the best out of him without changing the midfield too much? My thought is that as Gerrard needs rest I could move Romero into one of the CM spots as a Roaming Playmaker, but I haven't tried that yet.

I usually just play him as a DM - support and he's consistently exceptional.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just coming to the end of season 2. We have won the PL, only losing 4 games and drawing 2 all season. Perfect record at home all season. 19 wins at fortress Anfield

2 games still to play that could make it memorable, fa cup final v Swansea and that CL final v Chelsea

Season 2 review

Premier league

Title won in style. Winning 32 games and drawing 2. Perfect home record and scored 107 goals

FA cup

Won beating Swansea in the final

League cup

Lost in final to Chelsea on penalties

Champions league

Won beating Chelsea 3-1

Overall a very impressive season. Some great youth coming through getting games and looking like they could develope into first team stars.

Top scores for the season (all comps)

Sturridge 39

Origi 27

Sterling 26

Barbosa 16

Veratti 15

Coutinho 14

Hey guys, just wanna ask a question about scouting, and how best to set it up to maximise results for Liverpool.I've always looked for scouts with high adaptability, and sent one to all the bigger regions i.e. South America, Central Europe etc. But i'm not satisfied with my results. I generally look for players aged 15-19, minimum PA star of 4. I set the scouts to 'Ongoing' so they restart the region once it's complete. It's quite slow, understandably, in returning results due to the size of the regions.How do you guys setup your scouting network? I'm just curious how I could improve it to find the next Raheem Sterling. My general philosophy, like many people, is to find good quality youngsters to blood into the first team but feel i'm not approaching it right. Thanks in advance.

No expert and would appreciate anyone updating anything I get wrong!!

I believe that if you send to a region, the scout spends a lot of time traveling as well, so effectively his time actually scouting is a lot less than the time he is in the region. Furthermore, he must be determined enough to give a damn and have a good dig at finding the players.

If you expand your scouting knowledge, by having people in your staff with good knowledge of different areas, more players will pop up on your scouting list. I try to have staff members from across the globe like Park Jo Sung who has full knowledge of Korea, Japan, France etc, even though he isn't a good coach. You can set some general filters, then just get a report card on many players, then the ones that look promising, do a extensive scout.

Different countries have different regen dates, England is March 19th I think, and as soon as that date comes around do a manual search as I suggested above and you'll get some hits.

Are your youth set up and category all the highest level? That's mega important.

Last thing off the top of my head: get an affiliated club produces good regens. I got to choose Santos because they trusted me after I won Champs and Prem League. I used to get heaps of Garbage regens from Brondby so cancelled them. Don't know if Santos will send regens though because they are in another continent.

Just wrote this on my phone so will try to fix it later at home!!

I usually just play him as a DM - support and he's consistently exceptional.

Following up on this and the quoted post, I have Lucas Romero on Half Back in the DM position and despite his lack of height and creative ability, he is tremendous in this role so far.

trying to plan for season 3 now.

Have 1 regen CB/DM coming in already and Real Madrid have a young regen who I have scouted all season, plays AMC but can play AMR/L who has scored over 30 goals from the AMC position for their U19's. think I would happily break the bank for him.

other than that it'll be trying to keep the squad together and loan out a couple of the players I have coming through

Squad

GK: Rulli. Horn, De Zhan (regen)

RB: Manquillo, Flanagan

CB: Sahko, Balanta, Chambers, Vallejo, Souza(RG), Montoya(RG)

LB: Moreno, Umtiti, Grimm(RG)

DM: Gil Romero, Neves, Chirivella, Gerrard

CM: Verratti, Henderson, Lucas Silva, Suso

AML: Sterling, Coutinho, Odegaard, Wilson, Roberts, Ibe

ST: Sturridge, Barbosa, Origi, Lacazette, Sinclair, Collier(RG)

Think if I can add 2-3 regens to the team i'll have to look at loaning a lot of the young players out to get full seasons in to improve them. Will try and keep them to high leagues and get them on First team loan deals.

Umtiti will be sold and even tho Roberts spent last season on loan I may sell him as well if I can get the guy form Madrid.

Souza, Montoya, Sinclair, Wilson, Ibe will be loaned

Will make Manquillo's deal permanent as well as he's been brilliant for the 2 seasons, avg 7.5 each year.

praying Gerrard decides to retire as well as I don't want to release him

Just a small update before I start the season - in order to get the best out of Raheem Sterling and Suso, I have now put my wide playmakers in the advanced winger position in the main tactic and in the last pre-season game, we destroyed Sporting Lisbon 6-0 with a full hockey-style substitution rotation at half time.

Really confident with the squad I'm assembling but there seems to be something missing, which I will address before the transfer window closes.

Just a small update before I start the season - in order to get the best out of Raheem Sterling and Suso, I have now put my wide playmakers in the advanced winger position in the main tactic and in the last pre-season game, we destroyed Sporting Lisbon 6-0 with a full hockey-style substitution rotation at half time.

Really confident with the squad I'm assembling but there seems to be something missing, which I will address before the transfer window closes.

what do you think is missing?

what do you think is missing?

I kinda feel that I'm short on the striker front. I have four (Sturridge, Balotelli, Lambert and Sinclair) but with one spot in my tactic, but I still feel that the depth in that department is not there, especially considering I'm not keeping Balotelli around for too long.

So I have Sturridge, who is incredible in this game and will probably retire with the club, Lambert, who is really good but ageing and the promise of Sinclair to back things up in case things go dire.

I kinda feel that I'm short on the striker front. I have four (Sturridge, Balotelli, Lambert and Sinclair) but with one spot in my tactic, but I still feel that the depth in that department is not there, especially considering I'm not keeping Balotelli around for too long.

So I have Sturridge, who is incredible in this game and will probably retire with the club, Lambert, who is really good but ageing and the promise of Sinclair to back things up in case things go dire.

Origi offers a lot, so once he joins up that's 1 spot filled. If your playing 2 up front I like Lacazette. has done well for me in 2 seasons. Barbosa as well.

for versatility you could always look at Firmino/Volland from hoffenheim

Yeah, I was thinking that I could just wait until Origi comes back next summer, sell off Balotelli no matter how well he does and replace his spot with Origi.

Volland is a really good shout and is the best out of those you have mentioned that I'm looking for because he's hard working and extremely versatile.

I'll see how the first half of the season goes, though. I always try to keep a profit when I'm playing the game in terms of transfers and I would be breaking the bank for Volland.

Yeah, I was thinking that I could just wait until Origi comes back next summer, sell off Balotelli no matter how well he does and replace his spot with Origi.

Volland is a really good shout and is the best out of those you have mentioned that I'm looking for because he's hard working and extremely versatile.

I'll see how the first half of the season goes, though. I always try to keep a profit when I'm playing the game in terms of transfers and I would be breaking the bank for Volland.

Lacazette is great. might not have really high workrate but wan play a couple of roles. works well with Origi and Sturridge as well.

if you wait until near the end of the window you may be able to get Volland cheaper. try to unsettle him

No expert and would appreciate anyone updating anything I get wrong!!I believe that if you send to a region, the scout spends a lot of time traveling as well, so effectively his time actually scouting is a lot less than the time he is in the region. Furthermore, he must be determined enough to give a damn and have a good dig at finding the players.If you expand your scouting knowledge, by having people in your staff with good knowledge of different areas, more players will pop up on your scouting list. I try to have staff members from across the globe like Park Jo Sung who has full knowledge of Korea, Japan, France etc, even though he isn't a good coach. You can set some general filters, then just get a report card on many players, then the ones that look promising, do a extensive scout.Different countries have different regen dates, England is March 19th I think, and as soon as that date comes around do a manual search as I suggested above and you'll get some hits.Are your youth set up and category all the highest level? That's mega important.Last thing off the top of my head: get an affiliated club produces good regens. I got to choose Santos because they trusted me after I won Champs and Prem League. I used to get heaps of Garbage regens from Brondby so cancelled them. Don't know if Santos will send regens though because they are in another continent. Just wrote this on my phone so will try to fix it later at home!!
Thanks for the response.Yeah my Youth setup is Level 1, and all my U/18 staff and HOYD are of a professional personality so we'll see if that makes a difference. I'll increase my scouting knowledge via coaches too.How do you setup your scouts then? Do you scout nations, or competitions, or both?I'm on my phone too, I promise you i'm putting it in paragraphs rather than one big block of text. Apologies.

Following up on this and the quoted post, I have Lucas Romero on Half Back in the DM position and despite his lack of height and creative ability, he is tremendous in this role so far.
Again, thank you. Would playing him as a half-back mean I should alter the roles of the two CMs, which are Box-to-Box and Deep Lying Playmaker?

No expert and would appreciate anyone updating anything I get wrong!!

I believe that if you send to a region, the scout spends a lot of time traveling as well, so effectively his time actually scouting is a lot less than the time he is in the region. Furthermore, he must be determined enough to give a damn and have a good dig at finding the players.

If you expand your scouting knowledge, by having people in your staff with good knowledge of different areas, more players will pop up on your scouting list. I try to have staff members from across the globe like Park Jo Sung who has full knowledge of Korea, Japan, France etc, even though he isn't a good coach. You can set some general filters, then just get a report card on many players, then the ones that look promising, do a extensive scout.

Different countries have different regen dates, England is March 19th I think, and as soon as that date comes around do a manual search as I suggested above and you'll get some hits.

Are your youth set up and category all the highest level? That's mega important.

Last thing off the top of my head: get an affiliated club produces good regens. I got to choose Santos because they trusted me after I won Champs and Prem League. I used to get heaps of Garbage regens from Brondby so cancelled them. Don't know if Santos will send regens though because they are in another continent.

Just wrote this on my phone so will try to fix it later at home!!

Check into the United States in season 1 for regens, fairly early on you can scout some good ones. I have signed one American, two Mexican midfielders, and an English right back that my scouts all rate very highly.

Two games into my first season, sitting on top with 6 point. Two clean sheets and Sterling my top scorer so far with 3 goals. In my second game, Sturridge pulled a calf muscle and is now out for 3 to 4 months and Balotelli is currently injured for another two weeks so I can either play Lambert, who is lacking match fitness or persevere with Sterling as my main striker in the poacher role as he scored 2 in this role in my second game, albeit against Burnley but still. I guess I'll have to see. Think the international break is coming up after my next game, so Balotelli should be back after that, I hope!!

Hmm...not sure how I feel about my champion's league group. It means the return of Suarez to Anfield...

Barcelona

Zenit

Liverpool

AS Monaco

Quite tough I think.

And of course I draw Everton for the capital one cup 3rd round.

Season 3 Review

League:won (W29 D8 L1)

Fa cup:4th rd

League cup:3rd rd

Europa league:2nd knockout round

Origi was my top scorer 40 goals in all comps kept Sturridge out of the team though he was injured most of the season gonna see who am gonna get only 1 marquee signing maybe 2 youth players for season 4 ill post my squad later on

not sure whether to sell suso, PSG & Bayern are bidding for Kovacic and really want to try and pip them to him but would have to sacrifice someone and suso would be the one to miss out.

Have a few big decisions to make for season 3. need to get a few out on loan and just want to keep the basic 22 player +2/3 regens to fill in and improve

selling Umtiti to Lazio for 22.5m and I made manquillo's signing permanent as well

32257468ce224fd8e93bf5f70eb14c74.png

Although this is only the first game of the season, I am absolutely delighted how the team has performed. Especially Lucas Romero. In this game, he is playing as a Central Midfielder (Attack) and he covered the most ground, made 11 tackles from central midfield and completed the most passes and topping it off with 2 really nice looking assists from over the top through balls.

Just going to share a few things since I've finished the pre-season and August.

At the moment, I'm really happy with the way things are going. Everyone in the team is fit, goals are plentiful and overall I'm having a lot of fun with this save.

The main highlight so far is a 3-0 home win against Southampton where we were defensively solid and took our chances really well.

I'm trying to rotate my team as much as possible as well, keeping everyone happy whilst keeping consistent.

e955a58225f0071c43f9756ea6d5c40f.png

In the fixtures, you may see the Champions League fixtures.. well, our group is quite the challenge. Bayern Munich and PSG are going to be extremely challenging, especially considering the first two games against them are the away games. Red Bull Salzburg are average, but they are certainly one of the better fourth seeded teams in the groups.

d2a1b3c6946134a251249e73f8248b1b.png

Finally, the transfers. I've been really busy and I'm very much satisfied with who I have bought. Every player apart from one (Savitskiy, as he couldn't get a work permit and is out the door for three seasons unless I can get a successful appeal) are in my plans, present and future.

69a217fb9b35aab701906f4c737f24cc.png

I'm also satisfied with getting the fees I did for some of the players that I sold. Skrtel's transfer has a few dodgy instalments in it, but it was worth getting rid of his wage and bringing in Balanta as his direct replacement, who is probably my favourite player in the entire game.

I also loaned Tielemans, Roberts, and Vallejo out to get some game time because they're all young, talented and giving them first team games is a lot better than having them play every now and again in cup games.

That's all from me. :)

Agreed to sell Markovic for 40mill to Dortmund but the transfer fell through as he couldnt agree to terms was gonna re sign Sterling he wants to leave City as they missed Europe

Can't believe you sold Sterling in first place, Coutinho, Sterling and Markovic are all the attacking wingers you need for 10+ years.

Start of first season AGAIN.

IN

Tielemans

Balanta

Romero

De Sciglio

El Shaawawy

OUT

Johnson

Enrique

Leiva

Drew first two games, next up Man United, Sturridge out for a few weeks.

Going to play Balotelli until jan window, get his form and stats looking sexy as so I can sell him for $60+

Got bad end of Origi's Potential, will not feature as a first team player ever.

Can't believe you sold Sterling in first place, Coutinho, Sterling and Markovic are all the attacking wingers you need for 10+ years.

Start of first season AGAIN.

IN

Tielemans

Balanta

Romero

De Sciglio

El Shaawawy

OUT

Johnson

Enrique

Leiva

Drew first two games, next up Man United, Sturridge out for a few weeks.

Going to play Balotelli until jan window, get his form and stats looking sexy as so I can sell him for $60+

Got bad end of Origi's Potential, will not feature as a first team player ever.

Had no choice never wanted him to go Man City met his 53 mill Clause never missed him since i won the league losing 1 game

I'm just approaching Christmas during the second season, and I'm pretty much smashing everybody in sight!

After the first season when I scraped into 4th the only signing I made was Samuel Umtiti who came in for free. I also signed Youri Tielemans who I was able to get for £4.7 million, and I loaned him back to Anderlecht for the season. The transfer budget I was given meant I couldn't sign anybody else, and I wasn't really willing to sell anybody to make some funds. Therefore my squad is pretty much the same as at the start of the game, the only other addition being that of Memphis Depay who I signed in January of the first season, and Timo Horn who I was able to get cheap due to his release clause, but loaned him out to get game time, as Mignolet has played really well.

I'm sitting top of the league on 44 points, having won 14 and drawn 2, scoring 49 goals and conceding 11. The only problem is Man Utd are also performing pretty well and sit just 4 points behind me. I am absolutely dominating games and the main reason for this is probably in midfield and the speed with which I win back the ball. I have Henderson playing as a box to box midfielder and Can just behind him playing as a Regista and the energy of these 2 guys, and ability to quickly win the ball back, means teams are rarely even getting near my defence, and when they do, Sakho and Moreno in particular have been phenomenal.

Once I've won the ball back I just let my attacking players do their stuff, normally Coutinho, Suso, Depay and Sturridge. Balotelli and Lallana have also contributed, Sterling less so, as he has missed a few months. Gerrard also missed a month or so, and struggles for a place now, due to the form in the middle of the park of Can, Henderson and Coutinho. Lucas has also been decent, who I have used as a Defensive Midfielder in some tougher away games.

Already looking ahead to next season and eying up Strootman as a replacement for Lucas. The combination of him, Can and Henderson, would be unbeatable, they all have great physical attributes, I don't think anybody would get in my half with them 3 closing down in midfield!! Not sure if signing him would be possible, I guess it depends how this season pans out. Other options are Gundogan and Kramer. May possibly move Lallana on too, as he picks up quite a few injuries, and he would make room for Tielemans coming in.

I have drawn Real Madrid in the first knock out round of the Champions League, so I'll let you know how I get on!

So new save due to corruption of old save.

Been aggressive in transfer market, lot of buys by spreading cost over 48mths.

IN

Tielemans $12m

Balanta $7.5m

Romero $7.5m

De Sciglio $23m

Shaarawy $33m

Benzia $13m

OUT

Enrique $6.75m

Leaiva $12m

16 Games in EPL gone, 10 Wins and 6 Draws, 49-23 G/A Ratio.

Leaking goals pretty heavily, but I can score heavier. Lots of games I lead 3-0 or so, and crumble to a draw. Rather annoying, but young defense most likely the cause.

ECC going well also, first knockout round against Galatasaray is up next. Away leg at first.

Archived