FM15 : Liverpool FC - Re-rebuilding, all over again

cezar.sl

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you just get lucky or did you unsettle him from the start? Great signing.

Just got lucky... He picked up an injury ruling him out for a month. I had one of my scouts give me match reports after that for 3 months to keep an eye on his consistency, as far as i can tell they never offered him a contract.

Season 1, October 1st Update

Matches

IVYBEVj.png

Balotelli kept scoring and for some reason is upset he doesn't play more. There's only one game he didn't feature in and has the 3rd most starts at the club.

Sturridge has only 1 goal to his name and got injured again. Lambert might get some sub appearances now.

Don't like the two draws, we have lots of shots but not many chances. I'm training Balo to shoot less, that might help.

Squad Update

10r4fH8.png

Lallana is finally of the treatment table, I need to find a way to squeeze him in the matchday squad.

Player Development

84gPZO7.png

RwuOtCT.png

8ivWDpv.png

wqvoePj.png

Gz573gc.png

b0v619D.png

NC540MF.png

wG1GfQi.png

Just lost the Carling Cup final against Newcastle 3-1, Flanagan getting sent off after 3 mins for 2 yellow's didn't help... Anyone else finding Flanno getting booked/sent off regularly? He's picked up 10 yellows and 2 reds in 32 games so far in my save at the beginning of March... Warned him after his 1st sending off then fined him after the 2nd and now he's upset with me about it.

Currently top with 61 points from 27 games. Won 18, Drawn 7, Lost 2. I've been experimenting with a 4-2-3-1 formation with Gerrard as a Regista slightly deeper than Henderson in the middle. I've never been a fan of the Regista role in previous FM's as i found they didn't do enough defensively and couldn't get it to work for me. However Gerrard's been one of my best performers in the role, I've currently conceded just 19 goals in 27 games...

Why you never let the goalkeeper take free-kicks.

[video=youtube;YmsPLSgE0Ec]

Tielemans gets a debut goal after being thrown in at the deep end versus Chelsea. Balo assist, but then gets injured and out for 4-5 weeks.

This means i get 2 weeks of Lambert and Borini.

[video=youtube;Tcm5sKcI5EQ]

so according to the telegraph, the best 10 players in 10 years' time are:

Malcolm (Brazil, STR)

Ruben Neves (Portugal, DM)

The Ox (Arsenal)

Eder Alvarez Balanta (CB Colombia)

Pierre-Emile Hojberg (Denmark, MC)

Youri Tielemans

Lucas Romero

Frederico Bonazzoli (Italy, STR)

Nathan (Brazil, AMC)

And Raheem.

Raheem obviously already have. Bought Lucas Romero for 7.75m and Bonazzoli for 1m already in 2014.

Not sure how many others I can get. Gonna fish around for the CB Balanta.

Borini as wide midfielder on the left acting as an inside forward.. 20 games 8 goals and 4 assists. Thank god hes been decent because Markovic and Lallana have been injured until January pretty much. Suso is excellent on the right too, he has 4 goals 6 assists in 15 games

Just lost the Carling Cup final against Newcastle 3-1, Flanagan getting sent off after 3 mins for 2 yellow's didn't help... Anyone else finding Flanno getting booked/sent off regularly? He's picked up 10 yellows and 2 reds in 32 games so far in my save at the beginning of March... Warned him after his 1st sending off then fined him after the 2nd and now he's upset with me about it.

Currently top with 61 points from 27 games. Won 18, Drawn 7, Lost 2. I've been experimenting with a 4-2-3-1 formation with Gerrard as a Regista slightly deeper than Henderson in the middle. I've never been a fan of the Regista role in previous FM's as i found they didn't do enough defensively and couldn't get it to work for me. However Gerrard's been one of my best performers in the role, I've currently conceded just 19 goals in 27 games...

yes, Flanno gets many yellows in my game too and quite a number of reds!! I tried to tell him to calm down, but it did not work!!

Loving the game, except save times, 3 minutes is just way way to long..

Unfortunate, but no, three minutes is not a long time. Longer than the previous save time, yes, but still not long, and waiting 3 mins instead of 1 isn't going to change my opinion about this game. In those 3 mins I can get up and take a ****, or grab something to drink, or glance at the tv for 3 mins lol, or browse the internet. So much you can do to make that 3 min wait time insignificant.

Unfortunate, but no, three minutes is not a long time. Longer than the previous save time, yes, but still not long, and waiting 3 mins instead of 1 isn't going to change my opinion about this game. In those 3 mins I can get up and take a ****, or grab something to drink, or glance at the tv for 3 mins lol, or browse the internet. So much you can do to make that 3 min wait time insignificant.

That is your opinion.

But in mine, 3 minutes is awful and too long and is really annoying me.

decided to start again with the Odegaard update.

will try and keep the majority of signings to U21's. will make an exception of the player is considered worldclass (Rues) or best in position (Danilo/Alex Sandro)

so started the new save. made a number of signings and have surprised myself with a couple I have been able to bring in. have done some deals with some money upfront and the rest in add ons or over 48months

so far I've gotten in

Timo Horn - easiest choice for GK competition with his 3.8m release

John Stones - just had to get him from the bitters 15m (7.5 upfront rest over 48months)

Balanta - 7m, no brainer

Vellajo - young spainish CB 675k good poetential

Ruben Neves - 10m, easy to unsettle and the get porto to go for money upfront

Youri Tielimanns - 12m some of this is in add ons

Patrick Roberts - 13m some in add ons

Marco Verratti - 15m must buy for me

Martin Odegaard - 1m compensation, joins in Jan 15

and have agreed a deal and contract for Lucas Silva for 15m just waiting on that to be agreed

really need to bring in a fullback tho. have 5-6m left but still have Skrtel to sell so hopefully I can boost the coffers and if needed I will get rid of Joe Allen too.

squad - playing 42121

GK - Mignolet, Horn, Jones

RB/LB - Manquillo, Flanagan, Moreno

CBs - Lovern, Sahko, Balanta, Stones, Vallejo (Skrtel)

DM - Stevie, Hendo, Can, Lucas Silva, Neves

CM - Verratti, Suso, Tielimanns (Allen)

AMR/L - Sterling, coutinho, Markovic, Lallana, Roberts, Wilson

ST - Sturridge, Balotelli, Lambert

Started my first save. Going to play it cool and make minimal changes in the first year.

What to sure up my defence especially for the future so bought Balanta £5.5m and then Romero for £6m. Might loan him out but i'll have a think about it.

Also signed Meret as a GK of the future.

so started the new save. made a number of signings and have surprised myself with a couple I have been able to bring in. have done some deals with some money upfront and the rest in add ons or over 48months

so far I've gotten in

Timo Horn - easiest choice for GK competition with his 3.8m release

John Stones - just had to get him from the bitters 15m (7.5 upfront rest over 48months)

Balanta - 7m, no brainer

Vellajo - young spainish CB 675k good poetential

Ruben Neves - 10m, easy to unsettle and the get porto to go for money upfront

Youri Tielimanns - 12m some of this is in add ons

Patrick Roberts - 13m some in add ons

Marco Verratti - 15m must buy for me

Martin Odegaard - 1m compensation, joins in Jan 15

and have agreed a deal and contract for Lucas Silva for 15m just waiting on that to be agreed

really need to bring in a fullback tho. have 5-6m left but still have Skrtel to sell so hopefully I can boost the coffers and if needed I will get rid of Joe Allen too.

squad - playing 42121

GK - Mignolet, Horn, Jones

RB/LB - Manquillo, Flanagan, Moreno

CBs - Lovern, Sahko, Balanta, Stones, Vallejo (Skrtel)

DM - Stevie, Hendo, Can, Lucas Silva, Neves

CM - Verratti, Suso, Tielimanns (Allen)

AMR/L - Sterling, coutinho, Markovic, Lallana, Roberts, Wilson

ST - Sturridge, Balotelli, Lambert

Missed out on Horn as he re signed & hid clause is now 35mill signed Meret instead

bloody Lallana!!

6 games in and he wants to leave due to lack of 1st team football!! He is still recovering from bloody injury only 60% fit, when he got his 1 run he got injured again!!

How on earth can he be upset if he is not fit???

bloody Lallana!!

6 games in and he wants to leave due to lack of 1st team football!! He is still recovering from bloody injury only 60% fit, when he got his 1 run he got injured again!!

How on earth can he be upset if he is not fit???

Yeah, he complained on my save aswell but after he got fit.

Balotelli has been poor for me & has gone 9 games without scoring as for Sturridge has been injured alot but scored in his 2nd game back

Balo's been scoring alot for me, his best role from his stats/recommendations is Trequartista (pretty much let him do what he wants) and he's got 20 goals in 20(6) apps.

I changed my staff before i signed him might do it 1st thing if i start another save hoping this is my long term one

I just never hit continue until I've all staff done, player shortlists loaded. at least then if I don't make the bid I get informed of the new contract.

i'm hoping the one I started last night will be my long term one as i'm delighted with the signings I made

Season 1, November 1st Update

Matches

dWjPh7I.png

Looks like we didn't miss the strikers that much. Borini is doing a great job as a defensive forward.

Squad Update

66J89Ak.png

Sturrdge is back and Ballo only a few days away from fitness. Need to be careful of how I nurture them back to fitness.

Liverpool First season End of Season Summary:

Transfers In:

Joe Gomez - Charlton - 2.6million - Sent back on loan

Delle Alli - MK Dons - 2.6 million - Sent back on loan

Timo Horn - Koln - 3.8 million

Eder Alvarez Balanta - River - 6.5 million

Sergi Samper - Barca - Loan

Transfers Out:

Lucas

Johnson

Toure

Ward

January Transfers In:

Lucas Romero - Velez - 5 million

Youri Tielemans - 9.25 million

Martin Odegaard - Compensation

January Transfers Out:

Iago Aspas

End of Season Confirmed Transfers In:

Jeronimo Rulli - Soceidad - Free (End of Contract)

Zakaria Bakkali - PSV - Free (End of Contract)

The System:

This is the formation and most used squad i used throughout the season (in the league) consistently.

Formation.pngRoles.png

Team Instructions:

Instructions.png

Once we had a 2 goal advantage, or were trying to hold onto a slender 1 goal lead, the formation was changed to this.

The usual substitions shown, or Henderson kept on and one of the wingers subbed instead:

Second_formation.png

With Markovic allowed to Attack and concentrate on going forward, Flanagan was told to stay back in position and rarely push forward. W

hile on the opposite wing, Moreno was encouraged to attack with Sterling sitting slightly narrower in a support role, with Gerrard positioned on the left hand side to cover when Moreno pushed forward.

Suso was the link between midfield and attack playing lots of short passes forward and back to help keep possession and create chances, with Hendo running box to box to support attacks and help defend. Hendo missed 2 months after January, with Lucas Romero filling in for him either as a box to box midfielder or roaming playmaker depending on opposition.

Competition Performance:

Anfield fortress restored! Won the league with the average youngest, shortest and lightest squad in the league!

English Premier Division:

EPL_Season_1.png

Won the league with a game to spare. An incredible undefeated Home record(albeit Chelsea equalled us), conceding just 9 goals in 19 league games and averaging 2.68 goals a game, helped us immensely.

No european football for City, while United are stuck with Europa League!

Hull (now managed by big Sami Hyypia) QPR (Martin Jol) and Palace were relegated...

Forest, Watford and Middlesbrough coming up. Derby finished 1 point out of the relegation zone... Was hoping they'd go down to get Hughes in for cheap :D

Carling Cup:

Carling_Cup_14_15.png

Getting to the final wasn't easy, being forced into extra time against Leicester and Leeds. A good comeback in the second leg against United helped us get to the final, but Flanagan's early sending off after Mario put us ahead meant it was disappointment for the reds this time.

FA Cup:

Timo Horn take a bow son!

Fa_Cup_14_15.png

Winner! What should've been a pretty straightforward cup run for us was actually quite hard work, with replays required against Blackburn and Leicester. A massive shout out to Timo Horn, who played in each of the FA Cup ties, keeping clean sheets in a record 8 consecutive cup matches! Balotelli got 12 goals in the competition, needless to say he finished top scorer in it. :D

Champions League

Champs_League_14_15.png

The biggest disappointment of our season was by far our champions league form. Despite dominating every game except the defeat away to Madrid, we just couldn't find the goal needed to get all 3 points against Steaua and Madrid at home. We scraped through the group, 2 points ahead of Steaua and 2 behind Madrid.

Next was Napoli in the knockout rounds, but Rafa's return to Anfield saw him go through on away goals. All 3 goals scored by Napoli were from long throw in's (and Higuain headers)... :(

Squad Peformances:

Goalkeeper:

Goalkeeper_s.png

The stats definitely favor Timo Horn. Out of those stats, he played:

8 league games, keeping 5 clean sheets and conceding 4.

13 Cup games, keeping 9 clean sheets and conceding 8.

2 Champions league games, 0 clean sheets and conceding 2.

With Rulli coming soon, Mignolet will be leaving, with Roma currently interested in him.

Defenders:

defenders.png

My defensive partnership for the first half of the season was Lovren and Balanta and was pretty solid, but Balanta got injured for a few months so Skrtel came in and played regularly until Balanta came back(before he got injured again). Really shocked at the amount of mistakes Skrtel and Lovren made together compared to Sakho and Balanta, thankfully only 2 led to goals.

I may let Skrtel leave in order to give Gomez more chance of getting games as he's coming back from his loan.

10 mistakes in 39 appearances for nearly relegated Charlton (compared to Skrtel's 105 in 36!), he seems consistent enough and his stats if i can develop them nicely he should be a solid rotatation defender over the next few years, hopefully i got the higher end of his potential ability.

Midfielders:

Midfield.png

Just noticed the screenshot is hiding Suso's name, apologies.

Stand out performer here was definitely Markovic. He was incredible, especially when played with Balotelli, as his crosses for Mario to get his head on were superb. Suso was great in the league (26 appearances) when played, he didn't get many assists or goals but his ball retention, key passes and chances created were really high. Sterling was solid as an IF on the left, getting on the scoresheet and assisting regularly. Coutinho was ok, he struggled for fitness and picked up 5 or 6 short term injuries. A very stop start campaign for him.

Strikers:

Strikers.png

I felt sorry for Lambert in the end. 4 goals in 1 start and 3 sub appearances, but my tactic for this save is just 1 up front unless we're losing...

Sturridge and Mario were both consistent. Sturridge picked up a few injuries during the season. The screenshot doesn't show Borini who disappointed me after his amazing performances in the BETA for me. He was mainly played as an IF when Sterling didn't play and got 2 goals and 2 assists in 16 starts and 15 sub appearances.

Star Performers:

Timo Horn - 23(0) -14 conceded, 14 clean sheets

Mario Balotelli - 27(15) - 29 goals, 10 assists

Daniel Sturridge - 31(4) - 21 goals, 11 assists

Lazar Markovic - 36(5) - 11 goals, 20 assists

Raheem Sterling - 43(2) - 14 goals, 12 assists

Surprise of the Season:

I would say managing to sign Rulli on a free and unbeaten in all competitions at home are both very high up on the list, but Lazar Markovic gets the nod here after his immense performances!

Awards:

markovic.png

sterling.png

sturridge.png

Youth Intake:

Meet Jonny Forde - 15 years old:

Forde.png

Really excited about this guy. Solid physical's, with nice mental ratings for Composure, Determination, Teamwork and Work Rate, with high tackling too. He started the last game of the season, having a solid game and also the FA Cup final, receiving an 8.5 rating in the final.

Judging by player stats and Assistant opinion, the rest were all nowhere near the potential to break through into the first team in future...

Second Season Targets:

- Champions League was the biggest let down, so an improvement in that department is a must.

- I'd settle for Top 4, obviously retaining the title would be nice :D

- A decent cup run in both cups would also be nice, to let youngsters get as much first team as possible

Future Plans:

Lucas Romero to take over as a Regista for Gerrard

Tielemans to take over from Hendo in the middle as roaming playmaker

Origi to force his way into reckoning ahead of Sturridge and Mario

Joe Gomez backup CB

Develop Sterling/Suso/Markovic to become my first choice starters, with Odegaard to contest Suso for that AMC role

Forde to become my first choice RB

Limit myself to one first team signing from outside England every season, with the idea of bringing through talent from within/UK.

Proposed Second Season Squad Depth:

Goalkeeper:

Jeronimo Rulli

Timo Horn

Right Backs:

Flanagan

Manquillo

Forde (Regen)

Centre Backs:

Balanta

Sakho

Lovren

Gomez

Left Backs:

Moreno

Flanagan

Can at a stretch

Defensive Midfield:

Gerrard

Romero

Can

Central Midfielders:

Hendo

Tielemans

Romero

Can

Alli? - May go out on loan again

Right Wingers:

Markovic

Sterling

Lallana

Attacking Midfield Central:

Suso

Coutinho

Odegaard

Left Wingers:

Sterling

Suso

Borini? - May sell

Strikers:

Sturridge

Balotelli

Origi

Areas to Improve:

Probably gonna let Mignolet, Enrique, Allen and Lambert go, maybe Skrtel and Borini if there's interest.

A left back to replace Enrique would be nice, maybe a left winger too to cover for Sterling if Borini leaves (Patrick Roberts?). Goalkeeper and Defensive/Central midfield is sorted, Allen is surplus to requirements.

I'll leave it at that for now, may add some screenshots of players development so far at a later date. :D

Brilliant write-up mate.

Thanks cezar.

rywilson, I do have specific defending/attacking set piece instructions. I also have instructions for the keeper, Moreno, Gerrard or whoever plays in the Regista role, Henderson and Sterling. I can post them up too for you if you want. :D

Got a big decision to make now with Coutinho...

coutinho.png

I know i can get more for him in a few seasons time, but he was regularly injured for me last season and wasn't as good as others... The 25% from future fee is very tempting though. Hmmmm. What do you guys think?

Thanks cezar.

rywilson, I do have specific defending/attacking set piece instructions. I also have instructions for the keeper, Moreno, Gerrard or whoever plays in the Regista role, Henderson and Sterling. I can post them up too for you if you want. :D

If you would please, struggled like mad with Liverpool so far.

If you could post up player instructions, mentality and flexibility that would be much appreciated thanks man

Season 1, December 1st Update

Matches

kpZGs1s.png

Except for the Bayern match, this was a perfect month for my defense.

Got the "Parked the Bus" achievement.

Poor Lambert scored 4 just as both Balo and Stur came back, now he's a reserve again.

Squad Update

QaTkFX0.png

Jones was promoted to first team to be a sub, since the last round of internationals brought my defense back tired.

Valdes signed, but needs fitness before he becomes a starter.

Tactic Update

zIllgIU.png

Made it in a desperate attempt to get something out of the Bayern game.

We lost that game but I saw potential. Went and won at Old Trafford.

Any one have any tips on selling Allen/Lucas (or other disposable players), every save I have started with Liverpool, I can get rid of Johnson and Toure easy enough but Lucas is wanted all window then but never gets bids in, Allen is the same if I transfer list him but teams never take the bait. Yet in other saves as different teams I have seen Allen go for over £15mil and Lucas attract bids, as well as numerous people on here sell them both for decent money. There is a few players Id like to get in instead but don't want to get the squad too big and have to accept a reduced fee just to offload the rotation players.

Anyone have any joy in selling Balotelli? or any other out of the ordinary sales? Reluctant to try and sell him and face having him stirring up bad morale the dressing room but if i knew I could even get £20mil+ id consider it.

Also @Dan Selby, when playing Mario do you just keep him as the Advanced forward role or do you change it/instructions to suit him more. Tbh I'm finding him to be very realistic as in doing ****, and taking way to many long-shots and not working well in the team with very little goals. Also I second rywison in requesting a deeper look at your tactics

Also @Dan Selby, when playing Mario do you just keep him as the Advanced forward role or do you change it/instructions to suit him more. Tbh I'm finding him to be very realistic as in doing ****, and taking way to many long-shots and not working well in the team with very little goals. Also I second rywison in requesting a deeper look at your tactics

The tactic's working a treat for me so far, however I have had a couple of scares where i've needed 90+ minute goals to get me the win/draw. Only lost 1 game, and when I get the in depth stuff hoping it will be even better!

3fbab747e2a3d7e17a10780d2f2a7e36.png

Archived