FM15 : Liverpool FC - Re-rebuilding, all over again

cezar.sl

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just at the end of November in the first season and top by 7 points with P13 W11 D1 L1.

Sturridge is a little over-powered? Played 14 in total with 20 goals (including 6(!) in a 7-1 win against Sunderland).

Even Mario been doing well, P13(5) with 12 goals.

Playing with either a 4-2-4 wide, 4-1-2-2-1 or 4-2-3-1 very fluid.

Decided to start my first game on the new FM as Liverpool. The team looks pretty decent in terms of stats, the only thing that annoyed me was players like Jordan Rossiter, Jerome Sinclair and Jordon Ibe seem to have a pretty large PA decrease from last years version. The main thing to do when taking over a Liverpool side is to sort out the defence, so straight away I shipped out Jose Enrique, Martin Skrtel, Kolo Toure and Glen Johnson, bringing in Gino Peruzzi, Virgil Van Dijk, Eder Alvarez Balanta, Aleksandar Dragovic and Simone Colombi as a back up for Simon Mignolet who will more than likely replace him in the not so distant future. Lucas Leiva also departed for a juicy £11.75m

I decided to go for a standard 4-2-3-1 DM formation with Steven Gerrard playing just infront of my new look back four as the anchor man. Jordan Henderson then takes the box to box midfielder role ahead of him with Adam Lallana, Coutinho and Raheem Sterling taking the three AM positions just behind Daniel Sturridge as the sole striker. Very realistically Sturridge got injured straight away and I currently have Mario magnifico deputising up top.

I have played 3 games in the BPL so far, gaining only two points and achieving 0 clean sheets. First off I welcomed Swansea to Anfield, with the game ending 1-1. Both goals came from pretty basic defensive errors which I have been seeing a lot over the course of the game and is something I really hope is fixed before the proper version comes out on November 7th. I then went to the KC stadium and drew 1-1 with a pretty lacklustre performance. Most recently I entertained Man City in what could prove to be a title decider and went down to a 2-1 defeat but it was probably the best we've played so hopefully it shows that my players are understanding the tactic and most importantly understanding each other.

Overall, I'm really enjoying this beta, there are lots of vast improvements, most notably in the 3D gameplay However, the tactic's screen is shocking and that should be changed before the release.

How are people playing Sturridge and Balotelli in their sides? I normally play a 4-2-3-1, but neither Sturridge nor Balotelli are in-the-hole sort of players. Can't decide whether to go two up front or leave one of them out.

Young LFC prospect Adam Phillips is a bit of a tw*t in my save. Every other week a scared member of the coaching staff reports to me that Adam is voicing his concerns about the quality of the attacking coaches at the club.

Now, he is a four star (+ a black star) potential, but surely we can not have a 16 year old dictating conditions at Melwood.

By the way my rating for Attacking training is 4.5 stars (thanks to David Platt) and average work load. The other coaches easing the burden on Platt are pants though, including your truly.

I have gotten good results with Sturridge as an advanced fwd and Balotelli as a trequartista next to him with Sterling as an inside fwd on AMR. I then leave the left open for Moreno bombing forward and play a MC-MC-DMC triangle.

Presume you're using Coutinho as a back-up for Balotelli then?

Presume you're using Coutinho as a back-up for Balotelli then?

Balotelli plays in a front two with Sturridge (trequartista can be both AMC and SC). I have bought Berahino who is surprisingly good, even in a "defensive/creative" SC role. Lambert is also good for this.

My problem is to accomodate Lallana and Coutinho (and to a lesser extent Markovic) as I play a "front three" and a "midfield three" of more defense-minded midfielders such as Allen, Henderson, Gerrard and Can.

My first transfer window went thus:

In

Nigel de Jong £5,5M

Ashley Williams £3,8M

Ignazio Abate £5,25M

Simone Zaza £7M

Evgenij Konoplyanka £12,25M

Victor Valdes Free

Out

Fabio Borini £9,5M

Lucas Leiva £11,75M (!)

Glen Johnson £5M

Kolo Touré free

Dejan Lovren £12M

We're doing OK at the moment, 3rd in the table after 20 games with a goal difference of 37-17 (I've read a lot of people saying there's an absurd amount of goals, this just hasn't happened in my game).

Martin Skrtel (!) has been my top performer so far, AVR of 7,4. Of the signings, Simone Zaza and Ignazio Abate have both impressed. Zaza has 14 goals in 23 games so far and is keeping Balotelli (he doesn't score) out of the team. Nigel de Jong has been less than impressive, and Konoplyanka has been a big disappointment. Ashley Williams though has been sturdy and reliable. I wanted to sell everyone who have been crap IRL, so Lovren had to go :D

Lambert & Lallana have barely featured, the former because he's ***** and the latter because of injury. Sturridge hasn't been great, just 5 goals in 16 appearances. I play a one striker system, so he's currently benched.

Markovic seems to be overpowered in the game though when you look at how rubbish he has been IRL. He's done very well for me so far.

Does Lallana keep getting injured for you guys ALL THE TIME?

Not once have I had him match fit and I'm in January. Lots of niggling ones - it's frustrating

Been ok for me dont play him much as im using the diamond formation

I sold Balotelli in January 2015 for 30M to Spurs (20M in installments). I am realizing that buying in January is hard and expensive.

Looks like a Brazilian teenage names Malcom might be the one replacing Balotelli. My scouts siad he was not interested but I was still allowed to dangle a 30k/week contract in front of him. Now I am waiting for the wp.

I sold Balotelli in January 2015 for 30M to Spurs (20M in installments). I am realizing that buying in January is hard and expensive.

Looks like a Brazilian teenage names Malcom might be the one replacing Balotelli. My scouts siad he was not interested but I was still allowed to dangle a 30k/week contract in front of him. Now I am waiting for the wp.

Have you tried Gabriel Barbosa (Gabigol)? Looks like a great prospect.

7k a week :)

Guy is rated so highly by my scouts, took around $13m bid to get him

Just lost the Fa cup semi to Man city on pen should have won after leading 2-0 then they scored twice to take it to extra time

I am finding that, unlike previous FM's, you can't ignore tactics when in the lead, you need to go defensive etc..

last season, my tactic was set and forget..

Picked up Wilshire for $35m, never ever been able to sign him before..

7k a week :)

Guy is rated so highly by my scouts, took around $13m bid to get him

Ah, only 7k/week? Well, I had one shot to make an offer that he would not immediately refuse so I thought better safe than sorry. If he is good, 30k is ok, I assume, and at 7k he will ask for a new contract within a year or 18 months, I guess.

Anyway, just realised he would not join until the summer 2015, leaving me a bit short up front. I am toying with the idea of using Coutinho and young Jerome Sinclair up front for cover.

Ah, only 7k/week? Well, I had one shot to make an offer that he would not immediately refuse so I thought better safe than sorry. If he is good, 30k is ok, I assume, and at 7k he will ask for a new contract within a year or 18 months, I guess.

Anyway, just realised he would not join until the summer 2015, leaving me a bit short up front. I am toying with the idea of using Coutinho and young Jerome Sinclair up front for cover.

I had a chance to speak to him before offering contract, told him he will be a star etc..

New feature in this years version, it did the trick, he then told me what he would like in his contract..

Have you tried Gabriel Barbosa (Gabigol)? Looks like a great prospect.

Maybe it is silly, but a new version of FM and I will only go for new versions of wonderkids.

Since I know how godly good Barbosa could turn out on FM14, I feel like I am cheating if I sign him or Carlos Fierro etc.

Maybe it is silly, but a new version of FM and I will only go for new versions of wonderkids.

Since I know how godly good Barbosa could turn out on FM14, I feel like I am cheating if I sign him or Carlos Fierro etc.

I really like that philosophy!

Would hate living life like that, lol..

Sign away son, he is still the same dude, just like any player, would you knock down signing a 21 year old that you have signed for the last 3-4 FM's??

You wouldn't..

What is this then? Jerome Sinclair scores two and walks away with the MotM in his debut (albeit FA Cup 4th round against Cardiff away). Could he be ready for the first team?

I have decided to sign the mighty Danny Ings as a backup instead of Malcom. He only costs me 775k + a friendly due to 6 months remaining on his contract. He has scored 3 in 10 games for Burnley this season with an AvR of 6.96. 2.5 star potential. Seems to like a deeper striker role, which is what I am looking for.

OK, 8 games in and I'm top of the league! Long way to go, etc. BUT I've had league wins over Chelsea (2-1), Utd (1-0) and Arsenal (0-2). Changing my tactics game-by-game. Usually some variation of 4-5-1, 4-4-2 diamond and 3-6-1, depending on how the opposition line up. The only defeat was 4-0 at Palace, getting my tactics massively wrong.

Jerome Sinclair made his debut as a late sub against Utd (loads of injuries) and scored the winner, he scored in the next match - against Leeds in the League Cup - but my senior strikers are all back fit now.

Signings

Fabian Delph £10m

Raul Albiol £11.5

Ante Coric £1m

Mathieu Flamini LOAN

Only major outgoing was letting Toure join QPR for freebies. Albiol has been good, Allen has kept Delph out so far, Flamini has been decent, Coric came on as a sub in the League Cup to no major effect. My top performers according to average rating are Skrtel (7.49), Moreno (7.24), Flanno (7.23), Borini (7.2, also top scorer with 4), and Hendo (7.13). Balotelli has been awful - lone striker, raumdeuter, playing with Sturridge, Lambert, Borini, nothing works. Any tips?

OK, 8 games in and I'm top of the league! Long way to go, etc. BUT I've had league wins over Chelsea (2-1), Utd (1-0) and Arsenal (0-2). Changing my tactics game-by-game. Usually some variation of 4-5-1, 4-4-2 diamond and 3-6-1, depending on how the opposition line up. The only defeat was 4-0 at Palace, getting my tactics massively wrong.

Jerome Sinclair made his debut as a late sub against Utd (loads of injuries) and scored the winner, he scored in the next match - against Leeds in the League Cup - but my senior strikers are all back fit now.

Signings

Fabian Delph £10m

Raul Albiol £11.5

Ante Coric £1m

Mathieu Flamini LOAN

Only major outgoing was letting Toure join QPR for freebies. Albiol has been good, Allen has kept Delph out so far, Flamini has been decent, Coric came on as a sub in the League Cup to no major effect. My top performers according to average rating are Skrtel (7.49), Moreno (7.24), Flanno (7.23), Borini (7.2, also top scorer with 4), and Hendo (7.13). Balotelli has been awful - lone striker, raumdeuter, playing with Sturridge, Lambert, Borini, nothing works. Any tips?

I am getting flogged in the EPL thus far..

Leaking goals all over the place and cannot score.

Yet any European game, I win easily.. Stitched up Real Madrid 4 times in a row!!!

Seriously something wrong here.

I am dominating, game after game, possession, shots, CCC the lot, miles in my favor.

But I am losing every match!

Basically because of my goal keep doing really stupid stuff, or my defence running wrong directions!

It is not happening to the other team, just mine!!!!

:(

Realism has just set in Sturridge has asked for a move to Man city because were gonna miss champions league i have a feeling its gonna be harder to keeper the stars in this version

If he had a good first season, you should be able to get $55m for him.. Or there abouts.

If he had a good first season, you should be able to get $55m for him.. Or there abouts.
Its Man city so should get alot for him & find a repalcement but gonna be hard since i wont have champions league football

Realism has just set in Sturridge has asked for a move to Man city because were gonna miss champions league i have a feeling its gonna be harder to keep the stars in this version

Sturridge is amazing on my save. 21 goals in 22 league games. 28 goals in 29 games overall. 7.62 AvR.

Try to keep him if you can.

Archived