dafuge's FM15 challenge

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2079/80

This was our second season as an all-youth squad, we were hoping to go one better than lasts season and win the league.

League Table - we were so close, but blew it at the end of the season. We even managed to slip into 3rd on the last day.

Capital One Cup - we got battered by Rotherham.

FA Cup - this was a bit of a shock as I fielded a strong team.

UEFA Champions League - we had a few good results but struggled against the stronger teams.

Squad - we still have no strikers.

Finances - we are making a decent profit.

Key Player Profiles:

Stuart Timms - injuries forced me to make him the main striker, which worked quite well.

David Dezon - our second top scorer was a midfielder.

Raheim Weekes - great player, but so many red cards.

Víctor Slaughter - he's probably our best defender now.

Cosimo Di Matteo - a new left back with some potential.

Career Overview

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South    9th       
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South    1st         Promoted as champions
2017/18   Vanarama Conference Premier  20th        FA Trophy finalists
2018/19   Vanarama Conference Premier  13th        FA Trophy finalists
2019/20   Vanarama Conference Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2020/21   Sky Bet League 2             2nd         Promoted
2021/22   Sky Bet League 1             2nd         Promoted
2022/23   Sky Bet Championship         10th        
2023/24   Sky Bet Championship         1st         Promoted as champions 
2024/25   Barclays Premier League      8th         
2025/26   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup winners
2026/27   Barclays Premier League      1st         FA Cup winners
2027/28   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and FA Cup winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC winners, FA Cup and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC winners and FA Cup finalists
2036/37   Barclays Premier League      1st         Champions League finalists
2037/38   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and League Cup winners
2040/41   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2041/42   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2044/45   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2045/46   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners, League Cup finalists
2046/47   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2047/48   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2048/49   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2049/50   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2051/52   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2052/53   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2053/54   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2054/55   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2055/56   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2056/57   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2057/58   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2058/59   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2059/60   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2060/61   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2061/62   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2062/63   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2063/64   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2064/65   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2065/66   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2066/67   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2067/68   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2068/69   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and League Cup winners
2069/70   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup and Champions League winners
2070/71   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2071/72   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and FA Cup winners
2072/73   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2073/74   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2074/75   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2075/76   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2076/77   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup winners
2077/78   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup and Champions League winners
2078/79   Barclays Premier League      2nd         CWC winners
2079/80   Barclays Premier League      3rd         

Next Season

Winning something would be nice!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester 2032/2033

Premiership

Summary

League

Board Expectation: Win the League

Media Expectation: 1st

Finish: 1st

e won our third title in a row but it's a bittersweet feeling. We lost 11 games, including 4 out of our last 5, so it doesn't really feel that earned. Liverpool led for most of it and had a 7 point lead over us when they visited in January. They won 2-1 to create a 10 point lead. We then won 11 out of our next 12 while they imploded, winning only 4. We had then developed a healthy lead ourselves that we almost blew with our ludicrous end of season form.

Cup Competitions

Leagu cup semi final, lost to Huddersfield after an abysmal second leg performance.

Champions League quarter final,, narrowly lost to PSG in what is becoming an all to familiar scene

Lost the FA Cup final 3-0 to Arsenal to cap a truly horrendous end of season run of form. 5 out of our last 6 games were defeats, none of which we deserved anything out of.

Transfers

The first stage of rebuilding took place with a couple of hot prospects brought in from Madrid.

Finances

20m in the bank and a 54m transfer kitty.

Notable Players

Lior Cahlon - My best and most reliable player again. How long can he keep it up?

James Valcourt - it's a testament to how good he was 2/3 seasons ago that 25 goals from 30 starts feels disappoiinting

Peter Bennett - probably not a coincidence that our poor form started when he was injured

Rafael - Big money replacement for Charlie Leonard, brought in from Real Madrid. He did..... OK

Next Season

improvement across the board. Strange how a title winning season can feel disappointing!

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference North      2nd       Play-off Semi--final losers     
2016/17   Vanarama Conference North      1st       Champions!
2017/18   Vanarama Conference            8th       
2018/19   Vanarama Conference            1st       Champions! 
2019/20   League Two                     1st       Champions!  
2020/21   League One                     7th
2021/22   League One                     2nd       Promotion
2022/23   Championship                   1st       Champions!
2023/24   Premiership                    12th
2024/25   Premiership                    5th
2025/26   Premiership                    3rd       Euro Cup Winners!
2026/27   Premiership                    2nd
2027/28   Premiership                   [b] 1st [/b]      League Cup Winners! Champions!
2028/29   Premiership                    6th       Community Shield Winners!
2029/30   Premiership                    2nd       League Cup Winners!
2030/31   Premiership                    1st       Champions! FA Cup Winners! League Cup Winners!
2031/32   Premiership                    1st       Champions!
2032/33   Premiership                    1st       Champions!

Looks like the FM16 beta is out a bit earlier than expected, so I'm unsure if I'll manage to get the FM16 challenge up for tonight.

If anyone who has FM16 already could check the season start date (to pick a team), the team reputations (if that's possible) and let me know if there are any new features that might require rule changes then that might speed things up a bit for me.

If not, I'll make sure it is up as soon as possible once I've done those things myself. Probably some time tomorrow :thup:

Hi daf

have tried to set up your game based on fm15 settings seemingly only getting 10000 players in database not the 60000 in your screenshot. Not sure what I'm missing.

looking forward to the challenge once more

regards

shaggy

Looks like the FM16 beta is out a bit earlier than expected, so I'm unsure if I'll manage to get the FM16 challenge up for tonight.

If anyone who has FM16 already could check the season start date (to pick a team), the team reputations (if that's possible) and let me know if there are any new features that might require rule changes then that might speed things up a bit for me.

If not, I'll make sure it is up as soon as possible once I've done those things myself. Probably some time tomorrow :thup:

Don't think the editor or IGE will be available until the full game is out to check the reputations (they might also change if there is any database update for the full release).

From the features listed on the website I don't think any really impact the challenge ruleswise, they are mainly just improving the in-game tools we have to access the information in the game, one thing that has changed is manager reputation is now on 20 point scale, though for the challenge it would just involve setting the lowest value again.

Is it worth discussing changing some of the rules, such as allowing leagues from other countries to be loaded (or retaining players by country/league) to increase the competition in later years, these rules were brought in in the early years when you could scout/trial anyone, however with the changes over the years your scouting at the start (and in most of the football league) is limited to england or the uk at best, and aswell as the players appearing on your player search screen are now limited to your scouting knowledge, so adding the spanish leagues at the start wouldn't give you a load of spanish players in the conference but might make europe more challenging in 10 years time?

Don't think the editor or IGE will be available until the full game is out to check the reputations (they might also change if there is any database update for the full release).

From the features listed on the website I don't think any really impact the challenge ruleswise, they are mainly just improving the in-game tools we have to access the information in the game, one thing that has changed is manager reputation is now on 20 point scale, though for the challenge it would just involve setting the lowest value again.

Is it worth discussing changing some of the rules, such as allowing leagues from other countries to be loaded (or retaining players by country/league) to increase the competition in later years, these rules were brought in in the early years when you could scout/trial anyone, however with the changes over the years your scouting at the start (and in most of the football league) is limited to england or the uk at best, and aswell as the players appearing on your player search screen are now limited to your scouting knowledge, so adding the spanish leagues at the start wouldn't give you a load of spanish players in the conference but might make europe more challenging in 10 years time?

Loading additional leagues is a good shout, we've had ten years under the same rules so perhaps now is the time to move with the times!

Loading additional leagues is a good shout, we've had ten years under the same rules so perhaps now is the time to move with the times!

I have done my set up with the Top clubs loaded from all the European regions as the DB seemed pretty small without this.

I've done the "classic" setup. With only the standard leagues loaded and only players from the active leagues+the regional premier divisions. This might just be a try if we are going to load up other leagues in the setup from now on.

I've done the "classic" setup. With only the standard leagues loaded and only players from the active leagues+the regional premier divisions. This might just be a try if we are going to load up other leagues in the setup from now on.

If its just adding leagues then i believe that you can change that on the fly anyways as it goes on?

If its just adding leagues then i believe that you can change that on the fly anyways as it goes on?

Yeah, but it might be different if players from other leagues were in from the start. But we'll see what I do when the official rules are done.

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2080/81

This was season three under the youth only policy, and so far the board have stuck by me despite the lack of trophies.

League Table - we were in real danger of losing out on Champions League qualification, but the fixtures played into our hands in the run in.

Capital One Cup - nothing to see here.

FA Cup - or here.

UEFA Champions League - we had a good group stage but collapsed against better opposition.

Squad - we still have no strikers.

Finances - raking it in.

Key Player Profiles:

Stuart Timms - missed quite a bit of the season due to injury, but still our top scorer.

Iain Maybanks - he's not quite lived up to his potential, but he's still pretty decent.

Raheim Weekes - not one red card, which is crazy considering last season.

David Dezon - the quality midfielder.

Shane Kersey - the new youth product.

Career Overview

2027/28   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC winners, FA Cup and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC winners and FA Cup finalists
2037/38   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2040/41   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2041/42   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2044/45   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2045/46   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners, League Cup finalists
2046/47   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2047/48   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2048/49   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2049/50   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2051/52   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2052/53   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2053/54   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2054/55   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2055/56   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2056/57   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2057/58   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2058/59   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2059/60   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2060/61   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2061/62   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2062/63   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2063/64   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2064/65   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2065/66   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2066/67   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2067/68   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2069/70   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup and Champions League winners
2070/71   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2071/72   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and FA Cup winners
2072/73   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2073/74   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2074/75   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2075/76   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2077/78   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup and Champions League winners
2080/81   Barclays Premier League      3rd        

Next Season

I've been given a contract extension (which I wasn't expecting), so I'm going to keep going until I either win a major trophy or lose my job.

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2081/82

This was our fourth season under the youth only era, and we were hoping to win our first proper trophy.

League Table - much like previous seasons, we kept up with the leaders and then faded away later on in the season. Man City have gone from 4th to 20th in one season!

Capital One Cup - we had a great run and looked all set to lift that first trophy, but then fell apart in the 2nd period of extra time and lost on penalties.

FA Cup - another decent cup run, but only because of the quality of the opposition.

UEFA Champions League - we were doing so well, until a spectacular defeat in Russia.

Squad - we are a couple of strikers away from a decent squad.

Finances - another big profit.

Key Player Profiles:

Stuart Timms - the role doesn't suite him, but he's our best striker.

Jimmy Bell - he's been in the squad for ages now, but never really a first choice.

Raheim Weekes - such an important player.

David Dezon - didn't quite live up to his potential, but still a great player.

Mitchell Reed - the makeshift winger is looking good.

Career Overview

2081/82   Barclays Premier League      4th        

Next Season

I've had another contract extension (with a youth philosophy added) so I should get another crack at winning something. Staying in the top four is a must.

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester 2033/2034

Premiership

Summary

League

Finish: 5th

We made a great start to the season and were sittting top after 9 games, with 7 wins and a draw. After that our form fell away and we spent most of the season trying to get a decent run going. By the time we did we were out of the title race and couldn't quite crack the top 4.

Cup Competitions

The FA Cup offered some redemption when we were 3-2 up at home against 10 man manchester city in the fourth round. We lost 5-3.

The league cup was ok, we reached the semi's but were battered by Arsenal

Champions League saw us get through a difficult group only to meet Real Madrid in the first knockou round. A classic game in the home leg saw a 4-4 draw, meaning we went to the Bernabau needing a win. We put in a great performance but just couldn't get the breakthrough and drew 1-1. It was the game that kickstarted our season again though, leading to a 5 match winning run in the league straight after.

Transfers

Team rebuilding is almost complete. 40m on an 18 yr old centre back may seem excessive, but he has the potential to be a world class player for the next 12-14 years. If so, it'll be quite cheap. His first game saw him make a costly error that lost us the game, getting a 5.8 rating, so there's a long way to go yet.

Finances

Not so hot now the Champions League money has gone for a year

Notable Players

Lior Cahlon - I decided it was to be his last season with us. He was great again.

Papel - Cahlon's replacement on the right wing. The highlight of a mostly disappointing season.

Mathías Silveira - Made available by Olympiacos in January. I snapped him up. Deadly up front or coming in from inside forward. 14 goals in 17 starts was a mouth-watering cameo.

Rodrigo - finally made the centre forward position his own. 27 goals in 36 starts not a bad return.

Next Season

I haven't got the beta so i figure I have maybe another 3/4 seasons before Fallout 4 and FM16 take over. I still need the Champions League to complete the challenge, and it's looking as far away as ever right now. Getting back in it is the priority.

I'll definitely take on the challenge again in FM16, it's been fun. Mostly.....

Career Overview

2027/28   Premiership                   [b] 1st [/b]      League Cup Winners! Champions!
2030/31   Premiership                    1st       Champions! FA Cup Winners! League Cup Winners!
2031/32   Premiership                    1st       Champions!
2032/33   Premiership                    1st       Champions!
2033/34   Premiership                    5th

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester 2034/2035

Premiership

Summary

League

A much better season, the highlight being a 23 game unbeated run from christmas to mid-march. The league was won with two games to spare.

Cup Competitions

Our only little blip, where we lost 4 games in 5, saw us go out of the FA Cup semi-final and the UEFA Cup quarter final. A little disappointing but the league was the priority.

We won the league cup after a great final against chelsea. They were 2-1 up until we equalised in the 87th minute, then scored again in extra-time.

Transfers

Just some squad players to replace outgoing stars like Cahlon.

Finances

Made a huge loss so it's a good job we're back in the champions league.

Notable Players

Papel - Worryingly, my Ass Man thinks he's our best centre midifelder, despite being a world class winger

Mathías Silveira - An absolute beast. $$ goals in 45 games from inside forward positions. He's a monster.

Rodrigo - finally realised his potential with 53 goals in 44 games. With him and Silveira up front it should be a fun couple of seasons to come..

Next Season

I still need the Champions League to complete the challenge so I'm going to keep going for a couple more seasons at least. With Rodrigo and Silveira up front it should be fun if nothing else

Career Overview

2030/31   Premiership                    [b]1st[/b]       Champions! FA Cup Winners! League Cup Winners!
2031/32   Premiership                    [b]1st[/b]       Champions!
2032/33   Premiership                    [b]1st[/b]       Champions!
2034/35   Premiership                   [b] 1st[/b]       Champions! League Cup Winners!

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2082/83

This was season number five with the locally produced squad. Could this be the year we win a major trophy?

League Table - we did it! Only just though, it came down to the last match which we drew 2-2 which was enough to clinch the title.

Capital One Cup - title rivals Everton knocked us out.

FA Cup - and again!

UEFA Champions League - our shaky away form eventually got the better of us as we lost out on away goals in the semi final against Porto. Liverpool went on to lift the trophy, beating Porto in extra time in the final.

Squad - we never did get a proper striker!

Finances - a loss, which was unusual.

Key Player Profiles:

Stuart Timms - he was moved back to his deep lying forward role, but still top scored.

Iain Maybanks - not the best record for our main goal threat.

Raheim Weekes - another great season, but too many red cards again.

David Dezon - a great midfielder.

Mitchell Reed - he's a real talent, just a shame he got pushed out to the wing.

Career Overview

2081/82   Barclays Premier League      4th        
2082/83   Barclays Premier League      1st        

Next Season

I've achieved my goal of winning a major trophy with a squad of just youth products, it is time for me to retire.

• 2 weeks later...

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester 2034/2035

Premiership

Summary

League

We ran away with it. After around November it was never in doubt as nobody could get near us.

Cup Competitions

Won the league cup, went out to chelsea in the 4th round of the FA cup.

We fared a little better in the Champions League. Breezed through our group, then saw off PSG, Liverpool and Arsenal to reach our first final. We were playing Real Madrid, but that was ok, I was feeling confident. By half time we'd raced into a well-deserved 2-0 lead. We managed to maintain our superiority for most of the second half but two goals out of nowhere pegged us back. With 5 minutes to go Rodrigo popped up with the winner and we'd finally done it!

Transfers

Not much needed doing.

Finances

looking pretty sweet, 50m sitting in the bank

Notable Players

Mathías Silveira - Best player in the world at the minute, my own little Messi.

Rodrigo - 53 in 51. FInally he's the player I hoped he would be when I bought him all those seasons ago.

Next Season

Challenge complete! And now Fallout 4 is here it's time for me to retire. I'll holiday a few seasons, see if the next manager can build on my success, then think about the FM16 challenge

Career Overview

2030/31   Premiership                    [b]1st[/b]       Champions! FA Cup Winners! League Cup Winners!
2031/32   Premiership                    [b]1st[/b]       Champions!
2032/33   Premiership                    [b]1st[/b]       Champions!
2034/35   Premiership                   [b] 1st[/b]       Champions! League Cup Winners!
2035/36   Premiership                   [b]1st        Champions! Champions league winners! league cup winners! Challenge complete![/b]

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived