dafuge's FM15 challenge

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well my Slough Town was relegated late, finishing 21st. Defense was okay and we rarely got blown out but I couldn't get consistent scoring from my strikers. Our youth intake sucked so not going forward with the team doesn't hurt too bad.

Going to try some other countries before giving this another shot. Off to Turkey I think.

hey mate dont lose faith good to see someone else who doesnt win the league each season. u will be rewarded

Thanks mate. Getting very frustrating at this point. Nobody wants to sign for me because of having to relocate to the north of England. Can't see why. Who wouldn't want to live in a terrible climate with bare chested natives for £300 a week? ;)

Trafford - Conference North - 2015/16

Final Position: 15th | Graph

We started off with a 3-2 win over Boston, which served only as a teaser to give me a smidgeon of hope that this season would maybe, just maybe, be okay... And after that, we didn't win in the league for about 15 games and we sunk like a stone in the sea and hit bottom. We jumped on and off the bottoma few times but it wasnt until we had roughly 15 games to go that we really started to pick up form and pull away from the bottom and amazingly, even from relegation! With 5 games to go, we were mathematically safe and I was a very happy man.

Fixtures - 1 | 2

Lots more green in the second screenshot than the first... will take what we can get!

FA Cup - decent enough run, was always going to be a struggle against Chester though. Annoyingly, they came from behind twice to win.

FA Trophy - came from two down to defeat fellow VCN strugglers Gloucester, but then we faced Chester again and this time soundly beaten.

Finances - a bit messy.

Transfers - some good signings there, including twice capped Irish defender O'Halloran.

Key Players

Lewis Chalmrs - wasn't first choice at all until injuries forced me to play him out of position on the left. He took it by storm though and was utterly outstanding, ended up getting VCN Player of the Year award as well. Long throws an added bonus! :)

Chris McDonald - Again, another player who was brought into the lineup by injuries. And he seized his opportunity as well, scoring 23 goals for the season to finish our season as top scorer. Amazing.

Gavin Mahon - a good season for the 39 year old, but he's getting on a bit now. Retiring at the end of next season.

Jack Hawkins - the little midfielder who sat in front of Mahon, great player and a good season for him once form picked up. Leaving this year though, as he's too good for us and refusing to sign a new deal. Gutted.

Westleigh Rush - Cracking partner for McDonald up top, and another whose leaving because he's waaay too good for us. Will be missed massively, but here's hoping we get a decent replacement.

Marine 2016-17 (Season 2)

"A change will do you good"

League - 9th

FA Cup - 2nd Qual

FA Trophy - 1st Round

Almost the opposite of last season we started really poorly and went out to Brigg in the FA cup embarrassingly. A change of formation from a defensive 4-1-4-1, which led us to be quite solid defensively for a bit but we couldn't create a chance for love nor money, to a controlling 4-2-3-1. This change of tactic liberated my more talented attacking players and led us on our finest runs in my time at the club and briefly flirted with the outside chance of a playoff spot. Stockport (League Winners) and first half red card in another game put paid to that but I have high hopes for next year.

Key players

None of the key players from last year carried on their form so all new cast here

Kwame Thomas - signed in November and had a few injury problems but finished our second top scorer. A 35 yard 94th min lob to beat FC Utd was rather wonderful end to a game that probably shortened my life with stress. Signed up for next year

Dave Harvey - Loanee top scorer. Dropped back into AMC with the arrival of Thomas and formed an excellent partnership with him and picked up points on his own in our defensive phase at the start of the season. Not returning next year will need to be replaced

Clive Smith - Loanee right back. An overlapping star who will not return on loan next season but his contract is up in the summer so who knows if we can get him back for next year

Prospects

Tony Thompson - Goalkeeper who made saves!!!. High potential apparently so I'm hopeful he can improve a bit and maybe leave for some cash in the future to help our disastrous finances

Michael Beaverstock - Midfielder with league 1 potential apparently. Struggled to be fully fit all season but played well when available. Hoping for more goals from him next season.

Plans from last season

Improve squad SUCCESS

Finish higher SUCCESS

Plans for next season

Better cup runs

Look at playoffs

History

Season    League      FA Cup     FA Trophy          Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    19th       2nd Qual   3rd Qual
2016/17     9th       2nd Qual   1st Round

Cheers Bonzo1, PaulHartman71, and streety.

Nice improvement in your game Bonzo, makes you excited for the following season doesn't it!?

I'm hoping we can survive, 6 games in and not looking out of place so happy with that. Not going to get much chance to play after Thursday and cant see me finishing the season before then. Reckon this season is a 2 week job.

Cheers all

I completed my 2nd season before going away for the weekend - though i've managed to lose my screenshots so I may have to post some of them in hindsight (I'm only in June anyway). Will do that at some point tonight.

Cheers G D K, they're as local as it gets for me for this challenge. Looking forward to forging them into a major East Anglian force!

BuryTCrest1.gif

Bury Town F.C. 2017/18 Season

League Table ~ Domestic Cups ~ Finances ~ Best 11

Paul Howard ~ Javlon Campbell ~ Alli Abdullahi ~ Ashley Miller

A much improved season compared to last where we managed to really show our credentials. If it wasn't for a bad start we could have really been promotion contenders. We scored the same amount of goals as last season, 85, but our defence was much better and our superior goal difference showed that we had the ability to tear teams apart. However, we were hugely disappointing in cup competitions this year, being trounced at the earliest time possible in both the FA Cup and FA Trophy. This disappointment certainly hasn't helped our financial issues and for the coming season I've had to negotiate wage cuts for most of the squad and I imagine I won't be signing too many. I get the feeling we need to get promoted sooner rather than later to bring in some extra revenue as I can't rely on the off-chance of a good cup run to keep us afloat. Young starlet Paul Howard was our best player for the second season running and yet again was omitted from the player of the season shortlist. His midfield partner is the hard-tackling Alli Abdullahi who had a good season, as did right back Ashley Miller surprisingly (looks pretty poor on paper). Our new star is Javlon Campbell, who has the pace to cause havoc at this level and finished as our top scorer. Overall, I am happy with the season but I am worried for our future. If I can push for the play-offs and get a good cup run I will be very happy.

Good luck with Marine, Bonzo!

Beaverstock is a gem, try sign him up on a long-term contract as he will develop. I lost him for nothing when he started to become real good after season 4

Got him till 2019. Just rejected a bid from Coventry for him. Hoping to flog him next year for a fair bit of cash for this level.

Edit: 53k offer from Coventry. Can't say no as he won't sign a new contract

St Neots Town FC

2017/18

StNeotsTownFC_Logo.png

Conference North - 2nd

FA Cup

FA Trophy

Overview

A season of transition almost ended in triumph. Although 2-3 players were decent at the start of the season I was really struggling in a number of positions, particularily defence. I managed to pull a side together by xmas and form which had been patchy improved. Alex Iwobi and Matt McClure upfront were stars of the team.

Good form during 2018 saw us pull from the fringes of the play-offs into contention for promotion. With 4 games to go we stood 8 points adrift from leaders Brackley. Two wins and dropped points from Brackley left us 4 points behind Brackley with the last game a home game to Brackley! Suddenly, promotion as champions looked a possibility. Brackley duely dropped a further 2 points, if only we could have capitalised. A 1-1 draw away at Southport in a game we dominated wasn't enough and we fell into the play-offs.

Still, we were favorites and dismissed AFC Telford 4-0 on aggregate in semis. Only Nuneaton stood between us and promotion. Injuries had bitten hard over the last weeks of the season however and a defensive crisis left me piecing together a makeshift backline. Nuneaton took advantage and we were defeated 2-1.

My team for next season has been strengthened with 6 new players much improving on last seasons side. Promotion is a must.

The Team

GK Aidan Grant

WB Roman Michael-Percil

CB Zander Diamond

CB Callum Davies

FB Cian Harries

RM Jonatas Centeno

AP Corey Francis -

DLP Sebastian Lietget

W David Moyo

AF Alex Iwobi

DLF Matt McClure

Year	League	Pos.	Champ.L	Uefa	FA.Cup	Cap.One	JPT	FAT 	Achievement
16/17	Van N	12th	None	None	2ndRnd	None	None	1stRnd	None
17/18	Van N	2nd	None	None	3rdQual	None	None	1stRnd	Playoff Final Losers

Sammkeogh - FC United of Manchester - Season One 2015/16 - Vanarama North

FC_United.png

A nice first season in the Conference North for FC United, under their new manager, Slam Kizzo. A nice season to build on, as I have a few players I feel happy about moving onto the next season with.

League - Table - Fixtures [1] [2] - Positions - A nice start to the challenge. We stayed midtable pretty much all season, jumping around but never really threatening for promotion or relegation. The biggest issue was consistency. As a team we weren't able to play with consistency and get results, and my best goal scorers were very inconsistent characters, so it made for a somewhat frustrating experience. Happy with some of the results we managed to pull though.

Cups - FA Cup - Trophy - Humiliated. At least this gave us a chance to focus on the league.

Squad [1] [2] - Best 11 - Struggled to find consistent starters in some positions, but found a pretty decent rotation in the end. (Sorry, don't have the screencaps with the stats, I didn't realize until after the reset date that I was missing one of the shots :( )

Transfers - Brought a lot of players in, to be honest most of them ended up being useless, but some ended up being great for me. Alex Palmer, fresh from West Brom, was signed by my DOF/Starting GK, relieving himself of his starting duties. Okosieme and Lund ended up being key additions down the stretch.

Finances - We're doing okay here, hope to keep the wins and the money coming.

Staff - Had a lot of trouble bringing good staff in, should be easier next season now that we've proven ourselves at this level.

Key Players

Kedesh Goddard - I let this guy's contract run out at the beginning of the game because I didn't have much faith in him and his wage demands were too high. Still, he stuck around on a non-contract and ended up impressing in a few starts. I was able to tie him down for a more reasonable price shortly after. I hope to take this guy pretty far with me.

George Swan - Great defender, but gets booked pretty often. He's probably too good for this level, he's refused to sign a contract with me, despite our relationship being pretty good. Oh well.

Louis Garner, James Caton, and Daniel Reynolds - The three-headed monster. I can't come up with much to say about these guys individually that wouldn't sound repetitive. All three completely lethal when in form, and very bad when out of it. I'd like to hang on to these players next season, but ideally I want to have someone more consistent alongside them.

Domonic Rowe - Very solid winger, performed pretty consistently through the season, only interested in a non-contract though.

Youth Prospects - Two promising kids from the academy this year, Jay Clayton, a RB and Pat Bennett, a CB. Hope to see these two develop, but won't get my hopes up due to the quality of my facilities.

Next Season I will be looking to pick up a few abandoned youth players from bigger clubs to fill out this rotation, and go at it again with better team synergy. The board is looking for me to finish in the top half, and I should be able to accomplish that without much trouble. I will also hope to avoid my tendency to do poorly in my second season with a club. Have to get that monkey off my back.

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16         Vanarama North              10th        

Got him till 2019. Just rejected a bid from Coventry for him. Hoping to flog him next year for a fair bit of cash for this level.

Edit: 53k offer from Coventry. Can't say no as he won't sign a new contract

Beaverstock looks great. Shame you couldn't get him to sign a new contract.

He's one of my top defenders at Hereford in League 2! He must be incredible at that level.

He was brilliant! Probably the best CB in the whole league, I was very lucky to start the challenge with him on my roster signed through the season. Sadly, he is too good for me, and refused to even enter contract discussions :( He just signed with Dagenham and Redbridge in League 2.

Is anyone else noticing a lot of postponed games? Im playing in the conference north. Through Dec, Jan and Feb i think i have i have had a total of 4 or 5 games postponed. Played alot of lower league in previous FMs, but i seem to never see more than 1 or 2 per season.

BuryTCrest1.gif

Bury Town 2018/19 Season

League Table ~ Past Positions ~ FA Cup ~ FA Trophy ~ Transfers ~ Finances ~ Best 11

Paul Howard ~ Javlon Campbell ~ Joe Carter

A quick update from me as I'm off to coaching. The season was two parts - the mediocre league form and the amazing cup run. We were bitterly disappointing in the league and at one point we were dragged into a relegation scrap. I tinkered with different tactics but found that my 4-4-2 (2 DM) was as good as I was going to get. We finally hit some good form in the last couple of months which saw us climb up to 10th which was respectable considering how poor we were at points. Our FA Cup run was by far the highlight of the season. We managed to beat two league clubs, Exeter and Dagenham, on route to the 3rd round where we met championship play-off contenders Watford. It took a replay and extra time for Watford to overcome us - an excellent effort from the lads! The money we gained from the run enabled us to clear some of our debts, but we're still far from being secure. Paul Howard was once more our player of the season and has become a club icon at the young age of 20. Meanwhile Javlon Campbell was a constant threat with 28 goals in all comps and new left back Joe Carter provided many assists for the side.

I'm hoping next season will be the season we go up, but after having our wage budget slashed yet again it's going to be a very difficult task!

Is anyone else noticing a lot of postponed games? Im playing in the conference north. Through Dec, Jan and Feb i think i have i have had a total of 4 or 5 games postponed. Played alot of lower league in previous FMs, but i seem to never see more than 1 or 2 per season.

To be fair, its probably just been made more realistic. Lots of teams at this level get a lot of postponed games and FM used to have very few. I have 3/4 a season with Bury Town.

nFulrvT.jpg

Season 1 | 2015-16 | Conference North | 17th place

League table | Manager page | All competitions | Transfers

It was a season of long winless runs, occasional 0-5 shellackings and very brief interludes of genuine quality from the men in green and white. For the most part, everyone is pretty happy that this one is over. 17th place flattered the team somewhat, as it took a gritty away win on the very last day to ensure that there would be Conference North football in Blyth next year.

After the big man Danny Wright brought a little bit of magic to the Northolme in Gainsborough on that fateful Saturday, the Spartans' second most notable triumph was a 2-0 FA Cup win against local rivals Gateshead, who have a shot at promotion to League Two via the playoffs.

The top goalscorer was Dan Maguire with 16 in all competitions. Dan had a good year but he's a good player and he knows that even more is expected out of him if the Spartans are to push forward. Lloyd Butler and Wright followed him up with 11 and 9, respectively.

Foundations for the future were laid with the signing of Jamie Penny, a 16 year old with a grown man's body and a surprisingly impressive range of passing. The Carlisle-born midfielder was (astonishingly) not attached to any of the local academies, which allowed semi-pro Blyth to swoop in on a free transfer with the promise of regular football. Jamie's next contract might be priority number one for the management team at Croft Park. He's a wonderful professional, which should allow him to keep on progressing - even in a place like this. If he can add a little more steel to his game the sky's the limit.

Sunderland trainee Callum Hope was the only player Blyth signed for a transfer fee. At the beginning of the season he was in and out of the team, struggling with fitness and rumored to have attitude problems while being shunted out on the left wing. A change of tactics allowed us to play Hope as an advanced playmaker, and he was almost certainly the Spartan of the year - his goal and assist totals weren't that high, but Callum was at the centre of most of our best stuff.

The combative Middlesbrough midfielder David Atkinson was one of a few midseason signings from the big academies of the northeast. He was expected to be a very important player in front of our defense, but between injuries, suspensions and poor form it didn't work out for either party. David did well to come back from some very serious knee injuries while he was still a part of the Boro academy. Maybe a full preseason and (hopefully) a year away from the pressures of a relegation battle will allow us to manage his fitness better. On his day, he should be able to run the show in this division.

Sammkeogh - FC United of Manchester - Season 2 2016/17 - Vanarama North

FC_United.png

SACKED

An abysmal season, in which I didn't last very long. Not really sure what happened. My players were clearly not up for the task of performing, and with George Swan missing, our defense went straight to hell. The new players coming in didn't help at all, with the exception of one loanee.

League - Table - Fixtures (I was sacked after the highlighted game) - Positions - Again, not sure what happened. This goes beyond my "tactics getting figured out" or "opponents adjusting expectations." We just got the snot beaten out of us week after week after week, despite varied tactical approaches with high familiarity. Hopefully I will do better next time out.

Cups - Again, humiliation. Didn't even get to play in the trophy.

Squad [1] [2] - Not much to say here.

Transfers - George Swan was the major departure here, as well as Daniel Reynolds who I couldn't get back from Wrexham after his loan. Pretty much every other player of consequence stayed, and the players who left were mostly poor for me last season. I was able to get Caton back on a permanent deal after a nice season last year. Caton and Scorer were the only positive additions this year.

Finances

Key Players

Cameron Scorer - He did exactly as advertised. Only player who performed up to expectations for me this year. The pain of losing was numbed a little every time I got to see "Scorer scores!" or "Scorer is the scorer!" Sorry I don't have his attributes, didn't get a cap before I was sacked.

Next Season I'm going to hop right in and give this another shot. We'll see about taking a break if I go down in flames again, but for right now I just want to jump right back on the boat and see if I can emulate my success from the first season, and turn my fortunes back around. I'm open to any advice concerning not crashing and burning in the second season, as this has been a consistent problem for me through the years in FM

2016/17         Vanarama North              Sacked at 22nd   

Nothing better than being 2-0 up at home in a game to clinch automatic promotion, then having two goals wrongly disallowed, having both centre halves taken off injured, and watching on helplessly as the opposition grab a 2-2 draw with their only two shots on target.

I don't think I've ever been so enraged at an FM game. Ever.

Sammkeogh - FC United of Manchester - Season 2 2016/17 - Vanarama North

FC_United.png

SACKED

An abysmal season, in which I didn't last very long. Not really sure what happened. My players were clearly not up for the task of performing, and with George Swan missing, our defense went straight to hell. The new players coming in didn't help at all, with the exception of one loanee.

League - Table - Fixtures (I was sacked after the highlighted game) - Positions - Again, not sure what happened. This goes beyond my "tactics getting figured out" or "opponents adjusting expectations." We just got the snot beaten out of us week after week after week, despite varied tactical approaches with high familiarity. Hopefully I will do better next time out.

Cups - Again, humiliation. Didn't even get to play in the trophy.

Squad [1] [2] - Not much to say here.

Transfers - George Swan was the major departure here, as well as Daniel Reynolds who I couldn't get back from Wrexham after his loan. Pretty much every other player of consequence stayed, and the players who left were mostly poor for me last season. I was able to get Caton back on a permanent deal after a nice season last year. Caton and Scorer were the only positive additions this year.

Finances

Key Players

Cameron Scorer - He did exactly as advertised. Only player who performed up to expectations for me this year. The pain of losing was numbed a little every time I got to see "Scorer scores!" or "Scorer is the scorer!" Sorry I don't have his attributes, didn't get a cap before I was sacked.

Next Season I'm going to hop right in and give this another shot. We'll see about taking a break if I go down in flames again, but for right now I just want to jump right back on the boat and see if I can emulate my success from the first season, and turn my fortunes back around. I'm open to any advice concerning not crashing and burning in the second season, as this has been a consistent problem for me through the years in FM

2016/17         Vanarama North              Sacked at 22nd   

Unlucky mate. I think trying again is the best thing to do, and I have a fair experience of getting sacked!

I would suggest continuing the same manager instead of restarting the gameworld, I found that help keep my interest in the save.

Good luck next time

FC United – League One 2019/20 – Season 5

So after claiming our third sucessive promotion last season we somehow found ourselves in League One in just four seasons. Again there was no expectations news item from my board, but the media predicted we'd finish 13th a solid mid-table position, whilst the bookies gave us an outside chance of promotion.

Transfers - Frustrating summed it up as I struggled to add to my squad, I could find players I just couldn't afford their wage demands - the max. wage I could offer was £1.4K p/w and players were demanding more than double that, with the average wage in the League being £1.9K p/w which was more than I could offer, so it was basically loaning in who I could and picking up what squad players I could afford. Outgoings were quiet aswell as I didn't have the numbers to really let anyone go with just Dawson and Maynard leaving with their contracts up, whilst no-one wanted Dunne so he spent the season out on loan, and then in Jan I sold my new Striker Cham for £20K after he was unhappy with the backup role he'd agreed to at the start of the season.

League Cup - We knocked out Championship Rochdale in the First Round thanks to a double from Graham, but were knocked out by Premier League QPR after putting up a spirited by error prone fight, on the plus side we made nearly £200K from the match, money that was quickly put towards improving our facilities.

Paint Trophy - We knocked out fellow League One side Notts County before suffering an embrassing defeat to League Two Burton.

FA Cup - Our horrible November continued as we were knocked out of the FA Cup in a replay by Scunthorpe in the First Round.

League One - Really not sure how this happened as we just somehow walked the league. We didn't get off to the best of starts failing to win our first two games and without scoring a goal however I recalled Striker Croskery against Notts County and he scored a club record four goals to kick start our season and from their he just kept on scoring as we won our next eight games and displaced Plymouth at the top of the league, though our hopes were nearly derailed during November as I lost my Keeper Henderson to injury and it appeared he was inspiring us as without him we looked lost four and drew two of the eight games he was missing for scoring just four times (if you exclude the weird 5-3 win over Bradford) thankfully for the league three of these games were cup games, though losing to a Barnsley side who'd come out of nowhere to challenge us didn't help, though they were somewhat helped by our games being postponed leaving us with three games to catch up at one point, thankfully with my Keeper back we'd go unbeaten in the next 12 games until new challenges Millwall brought us back to earth as they thrashed us 4-0, however we still had an eight point lead with 12 games left to play, and a 5-0 revenge win over Plymouth thanks to hat-trick from my Centre-Back secured our playoff spot with six games to left.

We finally secured the title with a hard fought 2-1 win over Barnsley with five games left - the game really should have been a walk in the park we dominated the game then Barnsley were reduced to 10 men before the half hour mark, however before the hour we somehow went behind as my Keeper carried the ball over the line from a free-kick, thankfully we responded straight away before Barnsley were reduced to nine men after suffering an injury and we finally scored the title winning goal in the 93rd minute :cool: Though it was a good think we won the title here as we lost our next game and then drew our last four games as we seemed to give up with nothing to play for.

Squad and Overview

Keeper Dean Henderson was in excellent form this season, though the less said about his understudy Lyle Fontana the better as he conceeded costly stupid goals in each of the games he covered for the injured Henderson though the game didn't seem to treat any of them as mistakes.

Right Back Danny Holmes didn't have the best of times as he struggled to step up and then started moaning when he was dropped for being rubbish, thankfully I snapped up Attacking Full-Back Mark Little to initialy provide cover before taking the starting spot. Down the Left I reloaned Dane Magnus Mortensen from Liverpool though he did perform to the level expected of him and lost his place Louis Rowley who put in some solid performances despite being nowhere good enough for this level let alone the Championship.

At Centre Back I reloaned Max Bell from Watford and he really stepped up his game with some excellent performances this season, though with Watford's relegation from the Prem I doubt I'll get him back next season, partnering him was Axel Tuanzebe who had a mixed season as he went missing in several games and then after making his debut as a Congo sub decided he was better than the club and has refused to sign a new contract not that he is likely to be good enough for the Championship and to make matters worse he rejected a move to Notts County who were the only team interested in him and were offering me £100K :( and through all this he lost his place to Rhys Bennett who had a sollid season unlike Tuanzebe.

On the Right Winger Joe Riley had a disapointing season as he struggled with the step up before losing his place to another one of my loan signings Robert Terrace who was loaned from Leicester and proved to be deadly on the right and broke our man of the match record before the year was out and also set a new assists record for both club and league whilst being named Player of the Year, and I could really do with him coming back next season. Down the Left things weren't as good Sam Clucas was having the best of times before he tore his calf muscle in January ruling him out for the rest of the season, this gave his understudy Kieron Morris who'd been released by Northampton a chance to impress however he promptly went and slipped a disk ruling him out for the next three months, so with no-one to play down the left for the rest of the season I brought in Tom Pett who'd been released by Bolton to at least give me an option.

In the Centre of Midfield Scot Liam Henderson was again in fine form in the Advanced Playmaker role, partnering him in the Deeplying role was Norwegian Sondre Tronstad who struggled to make an impact this season, whilst Man City Loanee Rodney Kongolo again provided cover.

Upfront Ruairi Croskery was on fire as he scored an impressive 33 goals in just 41 games which was impressive considering he went into the season with a 16 game goal drought behind him however he managed to stay injury free this season and just kept on scoring goals as we blew past the season league goals record set by Drew last season (24 goals), the overall season goals record of 28 again set by Drew last season and also became our all-time top goalscorer with 54 league goals (in 95 appearances) so far which is nearly double the previous record of 28 set by Walters, he also got himself capped by NIreland, but could only manage to finish runner-up for the Top Scorer award. Partnering him was Graham Drew who was reloaned from Forest but he couldn't recreate last seasons form and found himself reduced to a squad role after I snapped up Albanian Muhamet Rushiti who'd been released by Belgian side Genk and was reccommended by one of my new scouts (the new feature where incoming scouts provide reports on players they already know about even if they are out of your scouting range is really handy :)) and whilst he didn't really hit the heights expected he had a solid debut season, providing further cover was Irishman Jordan Graham who did well when called upon but spent over three months of the season out injured.

Best XI - Not quite sure how Madger got into the team as pretty much all of his appearances were from the bench.

Overall XI - Quite a few changes as Proctor somehow replaces Dunne at Centre-Back, whilst Henderson replaces Walker in Midfield and Graham and Croskery take the Striker positions from Walters and Torres Garcia.

Fans Player Year - Terrace wins the award in a landslide.

League One Dream Team - Both Croskery and Terrace make the side, though Defenders Bennett and Bell along with both of the Hendersons are all snubbed for worst rated players.

Finances - Not looking that great, though end of season prize money pulled us out of the red, and most of the expenses were due to improvements to our facilities as both our Training and Youth Facilities were upgraded to 1.5 Below Average, whilst at the end of the season the board announced plans to convert the rest of our standing area into seats meaning we'd spent most of the year back at the Regional Athletics Stadium.

We also finally got a Parent Team, the mighty Rochdale though I'm pretty sure it will be getting cancelled very soon as they went and got relegated which means our parent team will now be in the league below us next season.

Scouting - Despite only being able to scout the British Isles we have managed to amass 21% World Knowledge thanks to multi-national nature of my coaching staff.

Profile - No changes to my attributes, it also seems I'm back to my coaching badges disappearing as I was working on my National B Badge but any progress on that now seems to have been wiped. I did at least pick up my second Manager of the Year Award.

I also seemed to be offered an interview for every job going, got my first mention in the speculation for the West Brom job, got listed in the who will take over section when the Wolves manager got fired and at the end of the season I was offered my first Premier League job at Cardiff (though they did get relegated).

Goals for next season

- Survive and hope the board don't demand a fifth promotion in a row.

- Rebuild my squad as pretty much none of them are Championship quality, thankfully the board have given me £1m transfer budget and some wages to attract some players, though they won't allow me to scout Europe :(

Leaderboard points

(FM Mode) (My Steam Username is same as here if anyone wants to add me)

(points / position)

Single Game: 1,879,080 (42,083)

Single Season: 758,596 (79,803)

Single Season in England: 758,596 (40,701)

Single Season League Two: 758,596 (741 :cool:)

Career Overview

[TABLE=class: cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_MsoTableLi cms_table_ghtShadingm, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Season[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Position[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Achievements (Domestic)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Achievements

(Europe)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Leaderboard Points

(Season / Game)

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Euro C/E

(Place)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]15/16[/TD]

[TD]Conference North[/TD]

[TD]7th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]13,793 / 13,793[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]16/17[/TD]

[TD]Conference North[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]Winners - Promoted!!![/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]427,741 / 441,534[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]17/18[/TD]

[TD]Conference[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]617,814 / 1,059,348[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]18/19[/TD]

[TD]League Two[/TD]

[TD]4th[/TD]

[TD]Playoff Winners - Promoted!!![/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]61,136 / 1,120,484[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]19/20[/TD]

[TD]League One[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]758,596 / 1,879,080[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I started this a couple of nights ago but forgot to add in the additional players so I've no idea who the players in my squad were when I took over Hereford on the 26th June. They're on a fair whack for average players though, some on as much as £1.1k per week. Luckily the majority have only got a year left on their contracts. Also all the reserves contracts expired this year so I let them all go to save cash.

The club had over 300k in the bank & have reached the third round of the FA Cup but by xmas I'm in the red despite not going over the wage budget. I'm top of the league but attendances have been poor (600 average) & projected balance is -£1.2m at season end so I've no idea what will happen there. I signed some quality free players with a lot of potential so maybe someone will bail me out by meeting their release clauses.

You could argue that my squad is too big, but I have 7-8 players injured at all times & no u18/reserve squad to fall back on. It's really starting to **** me off. Even more frustratingly I signed a few coaches not realising the club has no physio & now I'm unable to get one. I thought though, the physio only diagnosed the injury & helped with the accuracy of how long it will last. I've switched to resting players before & after games but dropped match day training right down to 10% so that they get some form of training in, which is on balanced with no individual training.

Any advice on not constantly getting palyers injured or managing the finances of a club with no fans would be appreciated. I think for the sake of finances I'm gonna offer out 2-3 squad players who aren't getting much game time then if I need anyone desperately, just get a couple of loans in (I only have two so far). That should save me a good £100k over the course of the second half of the season.

I'm Hereford boss as well, and as much as it's pretty easy to shoot up a couple of leagues initially, the financial burden hits home after a few seasons. In my first season in League 2 I had all sorts of issues with Financial Fair Play. The board give you budgets well in excess of what they should, a really poor set of directors fiscally.

I've never really had much problem with injuries, other than with certain players. I make sure I rotate regularly, and give players with low match fitness plenty reserve games. In the first season, you're not in any reserve league, so you have to arrange lots and lots of friendlies to help with this. The game doesn't display match fitness very clearly in the default screens, so you sometimes fall into the trap of playing a guy with 96% condition but only 50% match fitness, which can lead to all sorts of injuries. Best to add the match fitness display to your squad screen, so you've got a clear view of who needs gametime.

But yes, the finances at Hereford are a mess. In hindsight, I should have maybe not spent as much to get out the bottom league, although the board expect you to win the title in the first season, so it's hard to save cash.

qMPBhbp.png

King's Lynn

Season 2019/2020

Table / Position Graph / Squad / Finances / Transfers / Manager / Lg. Records (team) / Lg. Records (ind) / Confidence / Competitions / Reputation

Season Five, our first in the Vanarama Conference, was an overwhelming success. Predicted 24th, with the bookies giving 200-1 odds against me taking the title, we well exceeded that. If you recall my previous season, in which we won the Vanarama North, we had gone 42 league matches undefeated. We started out this season on that same vein, racking up another 6 matches before we suffered our first league loss since the final match of the 2017/18 season --- a total of 48 league matches without a loss. What a start! That start propelled us toward the top of the table, and we never dipped below the half-way point on the table throughout the season. The first loss brought the first of two 3-game losing streaks we had through the season, and as later in the season, the 3 losses were all against top-5 opponents (Chester, Braintree, York for this first losses). We picked ourselves up after those loses, and only lost two of the next 15 -- which not only firmly established us in the top half, but kept us flirting with the playoffs throughout the rest of the season (we never got more than 5 points out of the playoff spots after early December).

December brought our cup run(s)--and this year they were really good runs....see below...but after we crashed out, we set down to continue our quest for the playoffs. Fittingly, our first match after the FAT was against Braintree---the very same team that knocked us out of the FA Trophy just 3 days earlier, and this time we were at full strength, having John Lesley van Engel and Everington back from injury. The full strength team allowed us our bit of revenge on Braintree, and we walked out of their stadium 2-0 winners---the first of four top-5 teams we would face in straight matches. Unfortunately, we went cold again after that, losing the next 3 matches each by one goal, and putting our playoff run in doubt with 11 matches to play (we still need to be able to beat top-5 teams consistently in order to win the title---or the playoffs!). However, we ran out the final 11 matches with only one loss, starting with a run of 5 wins. This final run, and a win in the final match of the season, put us in 5th place, ultimately 5 points clear. However, we needed a result in that final match, having started the day in 6th place, with a -5 goal differential on 5th place Accrington---so it was a rather nervy affair. However, the pressure got to Accrington, and they cracked, suffering a 4-1 defeat against 9th placed Cheltenham, while I easily handled 10th placed Alfreton. To the playoffs, in our first year in the conference!

Key players included many of the usual suspects. Striker Watson led the league for the 2nd year running, scoring 31 league goals (5 cup goals) and adding 14 assists, leading to an overall AvR of 7.13. Amazingly, he wasn't even mentioned in the league Player of the Year shortlist...a shame, really, because he was head and shoulders above most of those shortlisted. Striker partner John Lesley van Engel continued to play well alongside Watson in his DLF(S) role, scoring 21 goals of his own and adding 11 assists. He is starting to age however, and the coming season might be his last with the team -- certainly if we make the jump to League Two. He did reach the 100 league goal mark this season (ending w/ 103 league goals) for the team, and I hope he can add to that this coming season. Newcomer Kevin Thornton, signed for his free kick ability (14 FK/14 LS/11fin) disappointed just slightly, scoring just once from free kicks -- however, he did tally an additional 5+1 goals from open play --- each one a stunner from range, so he'll be hanging around another year. Last year's Fans Player of the Season, fullback Jackson Ramm, suffered a hamstring injury that cost him 3 months of time at the beginning of the season, and either that, or the jump in level, cooled him off a bit. He had 20 assists+7 goals in the title season in the Vanarama North (42 matches) -- this year he managed only 7 assists+3 goals in 41 appearances. He did improve later in the season (with several 7.5+ AvRs), and certainly contributed to the teams defence (4th best defence in the conference, conceding only 55 goals all season), so he's going to stay around another season as well.

Another familiar name is Kegan Everington -- my playmaking midfielder, who once again grabbed the team record in assists (surpassing Ramm's 20 of the season before), getting 22 assists (and 7 goals). He's young enough that he'll likely remain with the team for another couple seasons. Finally goalkeeper Jordan Fell surpassed his record of the previous season (14 clean sheets) by making 15 clean sheets this season. I did bring in another goalkeeper that was a similar star rating (and higher potential)--but he just didn't work out, conceding 3 goals in just about every match he played in. With his constant complaining about play time, he is on his way out at the end of the season, clearing the way for Fell to run another complete season at least.

My preferred formation for the season was a 4-1DM-3-2 (narrow)--again--and I used it exclusively throughout the season. This year, with just a couple of signings and no real tweaks, everything came together perfectly, as evidenced by the fine form. I had a selection of three centre-backs available to rotate, with a couple of multi-purpose defensive backs able to rotate through as well. My weakness was in the left back position, and I'll need to find a fix for that position in the coming year. (Note: nothing really has changed here from the previous year -- still rotating DCs, and still a bit weak at DL, despite bringing in another fullback). I'm still weakest there, in spite of my fine defensive form, and look to upgrade here if I can.

Financially, we are doing great. With relatively deep cup runs, plus nearly £400K income from the playoffs---most from the nearly 39K fans at Wembley for the final, we had, at one point, more than £1.1M in the bank. The board allowed me to add a coach and a scout (to continue to scout those pesky partially unmasked players!), and also improved a £150K training facility improvement. We also received our first sponsorship upgrade of the challenge (a whopping £13.5K kit sponsorship--up from £7.5K). Not much, but it shows a bit of improvement. Budget for the coming season tentatively set at £10K/wk and £199K transfer budget---now only to find the right players to bring in.

PROMOTION/PLAYOFFS

Yes! We made it, in our inaugural season in the conference --- and what a playoff series! First up was Braintree...a team we had gone 1-2-0 against in the season. First match at home was a 2-1 loss as part of the first 3-game losing streak) early in the season. The second match was the FA Trophy 4th round match at Cressing Road Stadium, where two early goals by Jordan Cox put us on the back foot and we never recovered---our only consolation goal early in the second half by 2nd year Academy grad Arran Harding, in for the injured van Engel. 3 days later we recorded our first win against Braintree, a solid 2-1 win at their stadium, and this set the tone for the semi-final.

We were fortunate to have a home match, with a decent crowd of more than 2100 watching, and I'd hoped to make every bit out of the home draw. Robin Watson scored his 30th league goal in the 51st minute, putting him as joint leader in goalscoring and giving us a 1-0 lead. However, we couldn't hold onto the lead, with Striker Luke Wall getting the equalizer in the 62d minute. And, despite our efforts to get the second goal to take a lead, it wasn't to be, and we went away, back to Cressing Road Stadium, knowing we had to put in the performance of our lives to get to the final. The second leg started out a bit tenatively for both sides, but it was John Lesley van Engel that came up big in the 35th minute, scoring a stunning, swerving strike from about 24 yards, putting us ahead 2-1 on aggregate and nullifying the opponents away-goal advantage. Newcomer Kevin Thorton then doubled the lead just before the half, scoring a trademark long-range effort in the 44th minute and giving us a 3-1 lead. Surely we were on our way?

Not quite yet, as Braintree came out firing all guns in the second half, setting the tone early with a 47th minute goal from the corner. And then they just tried to batter their way into goal (they outshot us 28-14 in total, with 13 shots on target, though with 12 of the 28 from distance). Keeper Fell had it all to do trying to keep the shots out, but in the 82 minute came the dreaded equalizer, and the match ended 3-3 on aggregate to send us to extra time. Despite an intensive effort, neither team was able to score, and the match went to the lottery of the penalty shootout. And, I have to say, I don't think I've witnessed a shootout quite like this in...well, I've never seen it before. Each team went a perfect 5 for 5, leading to the one and one shots, with Braintree getting the first shot of each round. And, it looked like it might be over after just the 6th shot, as Braintree central defender Fox's shot was well saved by keeper Fell. That left it to fullback Ramm, who, unfortunately, was not at full strength due to an extra time muscle cramp....and his relatively tame shot went straight at the keeper. Shooters 7 through 10 all made their shots for both teams....and I have to admit, after each Braintree score, I was half out of my chair, knowing a miss would send us out. But, we answered calmly, coolly, and collectively, with only the fans showing any nerves. Finally, kicker 11...the goalkeepers. Braintree's Cox, who kept his side in the shootout with the stop against Ramm, stepped up and.....smashed his shot onto the crossbar!!! It came down to my goalkeeper, Jordan Fell. He stepped up to the spot.....and buried the ball in the top left corner of the net!!!!!! We were through!!!

We needed the full 10 days after that to recover (our stamina, our wits, and our breaths), but off we went on our first trip to Wembley. The final pitted us against 4th placed Gateshead (2-1 aggregate winners over 3rd placed Bury). In our two previous meetings, we had drawn 3-3 and lost 2-1....but those results didn't matter. This was the playoff final, and our ticket to League two! The day was cool, with a torrential downpour which I figure helped our side more than the other. The lads might've been awed a bit by the nearly 39K crowd in the stands, and it showed as the match opened, with Striker Nuttall reciving across from the right wing and neatly splitting two defenders to score....after only 23 seconds! That was NOT the start I had dreamt about! However, the lads soon settled, and the usual solid defense kicked in, limiting Gateshead's chances, but it was still 1-0 at the half. During the stream, I mentioned that if we were to get back in the match, it would be through league leading goalscorer (joint) Watson, and my words were prophetic, as in the 65th minute, LeftBack Warburton lofted a cross, and Watson's header floated over the outstretched hands of the keeper to tie it up!!!!!!!! Get in!!! Alas...Nuttall was our undoing, as he netted his 2nd in the 74th minute after some nifty passing by Gateshead, and the chase was on from there out. A chase we just couldn't win...and they sealed the deal with a stoppage time free kick, ending the match 3-1 and consigning us to another year in the conference. (I say that as if I've been here forever...but, it was our first year here, so I'll not complain, yet!) Nearly £400K income will surely be put to good use, however!

edit: Stream brought in a good number of viewers for this final --- I think I'll continue to stream important matches --- who knows, we might have some more people join the challenge! Thanks for stopping by the channel for those that did!

Cup Competitions

Season Five brought our first real run in the FA Trophy competition, seeing us to the lofty heights of the fourth round, with defeats against Dover (2-0), HIston (3-3/3-1), and Chorely (2-1) --- all North/South teams, before we hit our eventual loss against Braintree. Strikers Watson, van Engel, and Harding each scored two goals throughout the competition, and Ramm just started catching form after injury with a goal and an assist in the five matches played. If we'd gotten by Braintree, there was a real chance to win it all, but it wasn't to be this year. Still, we'd gone farther than ever before, and farther than expected by management, so I was happy.

The FA Cup provided another great run, with some very real potential for upsets. We started in the 4QR with a very easy 4-1 win vs York, eventual winners of the Vanarama Conference. Centre Back Marriott scored twice from corners to lead the way in this matchup and send us to the first round proper. Here, we met our first of two League one teams, Wigan. Our home match saw van Engel's 3rd minute score nullified by a late Wigan goal in the 77th minute to force a replay....a draw was a very fair score, as Wigan held a slight possession edge and outshot us 17 to 9 (6-4 on target). Still, we'd yet again forced a replay against a team 2 divisions above us, and I was very pleased with the effort of the lads (as were the more than 5000 fans in attendance!) Ten days later we made the trip to the DW Stadium, where a nationally televised crowd, plus the 7000 in attendance, watched Kings Lynn once again take an early lead, a 12th minute free kick by Specialist Thornton. (Interestingly, I do believe that this was the only free kick he scored, despite taking every free kick when he was on the field). Signed for this very task, this one goal might've been worth the signing! From here out, the match turned fairly ugly, with Wigan picking up 6 yellow cards from the 23rd to the 87th minute (the final one sending off a defender) as they made some rather ugly tackles while chasing the game. They did manage an equalizer to open the 2nd half, but van Engel got his 2nd of the FA Cup campaign with his 68th minute game winner, sending us onwards to the 2nd round, and another League One team.

This time, it was an away match vs Carlisle, who were hovering near the playoff spots in League One. Any time you play a team 2 divisions above its going to be a tough ask, but the lads performed brilliantly; proving once again that any team might beat any other team on a given day. Or, in this case, tie them. Carlisle took the lead in the 10th minute through striker Tammy Abraham (a Chelsea product), but Robin Watson equalized in the 14th minute, floating a shot from a narrow angle over the keeper and into the back left corner of the net. The half ended 1-1, and it looked like either team might win this---although Carlisle had a possession advantage, my stout defense prevented any real chances from opening up. However, my "stout defense" occasionally were a little over eager, and in the 48th minute gave up a penalty kick, which Abraham easily converted. And, late into the match, it looked like we would go out 2-1...when, off of a far-post corner kick, centre-back George Whiteoak...not the best of my back in the air...made a free header over the keeper to knot the match at 2-2...which is how it would end.

Two League One teams, to replays forced. Oh, did I mention two televised matches? Our home replay also drew a television audience (£35K for each of the replays certainly won't hurt!) Unfortunately, the second leg wasn't nearly as exciting, with Kyle Dempsey scoring in the 17th minute for carlisle, and, despite our chances, we were just unable to convert. But, chances we did have, out-shooting Carlisle 17-5. We hit the woodwork once, had 2 CCCs and 3 half chances....but the elusive goal just would not come. Thus ended another successful campaign. All these players w/ "enjoys big matches" really, really help! I think I like these FA Cup matches!

Additional Details

Team of the Season The only real surprise here is sub Keeper George, who shouldn't be mentioned in any positive context...but, he was my only backup keeper, so I guess he stays!

Best XI Inductees -- Don't think I had any new inductees this season---as I only brought 4 new players in, I guess that fits!

Historical Best XI

Fans Player of the Season: Kegan Everington edged out his two competitors for fan's player of year, winning an outstanding 60% of the vote to van Engel's 21% and center back Marriot's 12%. I'm not entirely sure, but I think this is his 3rd straight Fans player of the Year award. (note--it is! -- with John Lesley van Engel winning the first two such awards for the team)

Top Academy Graduate

S1: Robin Watson looks to be someone who will be useful in the coming years. Already potential starter material, the coaches figure that he could be useful late into our Varana Conference campaign.

S2: Arran Harding should excite fans for years to come, and he will make an excellent target man. I need to work on his pace a bit to get him ready for real action, but hope to feature him in a season or two!

S3: Robb Lynn --- possibly useful in a year or two. Will have to see if he develops enough...only has Vanarama North potential, and hopefully will be beyond that level soon!

S4: Lee Bolton -- real possibility of using him in the next season or two....my 2nd w/ good conference potential or better

S5: Colin Kean -- injury prone and slow...we'll have to see what we can make of him!

Team, Individual, and league records

A host of records were set or broken this year: (* denotes ongoing record-bold indicates record broke current season)

[b]Vanarama Conference North+ Vanarama Conference[/b]
[b]Most league games without losing:  King's Lynn -- 48[/b]
[b][i][u]King's Lynn -- Team[/u][/i][/b]
[b]Highest League Position -- 3rd in Vanarama Conference (2019/20)[/b]
Most Games won in a Row -- 9 (previous high: 4)
[b]Most Games without Losing -- 29[/b] (Previous high: 9 -- 2019)
[b]Most games without conceding -- 3 [/b](Previous high: 2 -- 2018/19)
[b]Highest Attendance -- 5232 (vs Wigan,  FAC 1st round)[/b] -- previous record -- 3151 (2019 vs Gillingham, FAC 1st round)
[b]Average Attendance -- 1491[/b] (previous high, 1116, 2018/19)
[b][i][u]King's Lynn -- Individual[/u][/i] [/b]
[b]Top League Goalscorer -- Robin Watson -- 31 (2019/20)[/b] (previous record: Robin Watson -- 31--2018/19)
[b]Most Assists -- Kegan Everington -- 22 (2019/20) [/b](previous record, Jackson Ramm, 20  2018/19)
[b]Most League goals for club -- John Lesley van Engel (103*)[/b]
[b]Most League Appearances for club -- Mamadou Fofana (235*)[/b]
Highest AvR -- Ryan Cooke (DR) -- 7.55 (2015/16)
Most Player of Match awards -- John Lesley van Engel -- 10 (2015/16)

Promoted from the Regional Premier Division Teams:

Welling, Histon, Wealdstone, Ilkeston, Blyth, Lewes

League Winners (relegated)

EPL Liverpool (Stoke, Newcastle, Swansea)

Championship Derby (Peterborough, Wolves, Preston)

League One Crewe (Blackpool, Port Vale, Burton, Yeovil)

League Two Sheffield United (Rochdale, Fleetwood)

Vanarama Conference York (Aldershot, Maidstone, Forest Green, Hereford)

Vanarama North Stockport (Learnington, Grantham, Lowestoft)

Vanarama South Dartford (St Albans, Hayes & Yeading, Hemel Hempstead)

Cup Winners

English FA Cup Arsenal

Capital One Cup Man City

Jonhstone's Paint Trophy Crewe

English FA Trophy Sutton United

Euro Qualifcation

Champions League Group Stage: Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea

Champions League Best Placed Playoff: Man City

Euro Cup Group Stage: Arsenal, Fulham, Everton

Euro Cup Playoff:

Euro Cup 3rd QR: Leicester

Euro Cup 1st QR:

Continental Achievements

Brighton -- Eliminated from European Cup Group Stage

Chelsea -- Eliminated from Champions League First Knockout Round (by Juventus)

Hull -- Eliminated from Euro Cup Second Knockout Round (by Athletic)

Liverpool -- Eliminated from Euro Cup Second Knockout Round (by Valencia)

Man City -- Eliminated from Champions League Quarter Final (By Real Madrid)

Arsenal -- Won Champions League (vs Man Utd)

Man Utd -- Eliminated from Champions League Final (by Arsenal)

--

--

What's Next?

Obviously extremely pleased to have made the playoffs in the first attempt at the Vanarama Conference, especially as we were predicted to finish rock bottom. I'm hoping for a repeat in the coming season, if not an outright win. The core of the team will once again remain intact, though I am looking for fullbacks and perhaps another DM to replace the aging Fofana, whom I am not entirely convinced I will resign (hard to let him go, he has been with the team since I took over). Having looked at his stats, however, I think I can get some better production out of some younger legs. I've added one new scout and coach this year (having finagled the board into allowing one more of each), as well as upgrading the training facilities, which will be completed in October. I'm hoping for a big rep boost from our cup runs and our positioning in the conference in our first season. Our youth intake looked decent (at least, every player coming in had a minimum of Vanarama North/South CA, as opposed to regional premier CA of previous years), so perhaps I will find another gem amongst them.

LATE EDIT!!! Oh, my! on 24 Jun, 2020, while still playing in the Conference, management have decided that it is time for King's Lynn Football Club to.........TURN PROFESSIONALLLLLL! YEEESSSS!

Another late addition: As hoped, our reputation has skyrocketed this year, we are now 11th in the conference in reputation, and only one North/South team still is ahead of me (can you guess who? Yep...Hereford, who, incidentally, not only were relegated this season, but were relegated in stunning fashion, managing only.....23..... points all season long. Somehow, they still managed this, however....:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Career Overview

Season            Team                 League        Position(Predicted)         Achievements
2015/16	        Kings Lynn	     Vanarama North	19(21)
2016/17	        Kings Lynn	     Vanarama North	15(19)		
2017/18	        Kings Lynn	     Vanarama North	12(22)		         Vanarama North Overachievers!
2018/19	        Kings Lynn	     Vanarama North      1(20)		         Vanarama North Winners/Overachievers!
2019/20         Kings Lynn           Vanarama Conf       5(24)                   Vanarama Conference Playoff finalist/Overachievers!

BuryTCrest1.gif

Bury Town 2019/20 - Club In Crisis!

Horrendous Run ~ League Table ~ Finances

I can't even say much right now because I'm so fuming. That is the worst run of form I've ever had on FM. We are a club in free fall; our finances are diabolical, we were nearly relegated and pretty much all of our half decent players are refusing to negotiate new terms. We've had our wage budget unsurprisingly slashed again. I'm not even sure if I'm going to get a new contract here, but I'm going to keep battling on with this save. I hope I have some good news to share soon!

I'm Hereford boss as well, and as much as it's pretty easy to shoot up a couple of leagues initially, the financial burden hits home after a few seasons. In my first season in League 2 I had all sorts of issues with Financial Fair Play. The board give you budgets well in excess of what they should, a really poor set of directors fiscally.

I've never really had much problem with injuries, other than with certain players. I make sure I rotate regularly, and give players with low match fitness plenty reserve games. In the first season, you're not in any reserve league, so you have to arrange lots and lots of friendlies to help with this. The game doesn't display match fitness very clearly in the default screens, so you sometimes fall into the trap of playing a guy with 96% condition but only 50% match fitness, which can lead to all sorts of injuries. Best to add the match fitness display to your squad screen, so you've got a clear view of who needs gametime.

But yes, the finances at Hereford are a mess. In hindsight, I should have maybe not spent as much to get out the bottom league, although the board expect you to win the title in the first season, so it's hard to save cash.

Sounds like I'm going to have to take my calculator home and work out a more realistic budget.

Maybe it would have been easier to offload everyone & bring in a fresh set of players on really low wages to try and cut the losses while in the Conference North. I've royally screwed myself here, I brought in some top players with 30% promotion wage rises which look like they'll kick in at the end of the season. I believe the players I've signed are easily good enough to get me out of the next league into League Two within a season or two - before their contracts run out, then I've got some serious re-evaluting to do.

Are players fairly open to taking a wage cut when the club is in the ****?

Dulwich Hamlet - Vanarama Conference - 2021/22

League - we dropped so many points on late draws but a good run towards the end of the season put us in the play-offs, where this beautiful display of pragmatic football happened.

FA Cup - we eliminated League 1 opposition which was huge, but then we lost to another bigger team.

FA Trophy - we drew experts Eastleigh, who have won 4 of the last 5 editions.

Squad - we have some great players but the bench is pretty average.

Transfers - I didn't want a huge squad so I focused on bringing good players instead of cheaper alternatives.

Finances - the play-off final had a huge £300k gate receipt which made up for the season losses.

Career overview

Season    Division                    Position   Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South   6th
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South   8th
2017/18   Vanarama Conference South   16th
2018/19   Vanarama Conference South   7th
2019/20   Vanarama Conference South   1st        Promotion
2020/21   Vanarama Conference         12th
2021/22   Vanarama Conference         5th        Promotion via play-off

Next season

We certainly weren't favourites for promotion but now that we did it we don't want to get back to the Conference, so it's time to look for free transfers that we can afford.

Trafford - Vanarama Conference North - 16/17

League Table - Solid enough mid-table finish. As the league graph shows, we started off terribly for the first fourteen games and didn't really leave the foot of the table. We went on a few good runs but I had to holiday from mid February to mid March due to the crash dump issues I was having as stated earlier. Our assistant didn't win a single match, the useless plank. But we ended strongly with some great wins including three-nil over playoff winners Bradford Park Avenue and I strongly feel had we not had the crash dump issue, we may have been flirting with the playoffs. A real shame. If we can just sort out the start of our season we could be in for a good year next year.

FA Cup - Came at the start of the season during our bad form. It took two red cards for us to beat Bishop's Stortford and then we inevitably lost out to non-league Brackley. Nice.

FA Trophy - Eased past non-league Sudbury before coming against Chester for the third time in four cup competitions in two years. Coincidence? We tried to mount a late comeback but to no avail.

Squad - 1 | 2 - Quite bloated, and only a few standout players. Hopefully our reputation will increase a touch to allow us to sign some better players.

Transfers - Reasonable signings again, Robbie Cotton and Dan Parkinson the standouts as we stole them from other clubs.

Finances - In the black but only thanks to cash injections from our new Latvian chairman.

Key Players

Lewis Chalmers - The midfielder was outstanding once again, I have no idea how he keeps pulling off such incredible ratings. Possibly it's his long throws always finding their targets, but either way, he's been fantastic.

Dan Parkinson - An excellent addition to the team on the right, was outstanding from the start of the season and sixteen assists proves that his contribution was valuable.

Robbie Cotton - The former Blackburn trainee was another great addition in the centre of the park, and he also doubled as a right winger if required. Doesn't look like he's going to sign a new deal sadly which is really disappointing. :(

New Patch is out, I hope this is a blessing in disguise for me!

For once I timed things correctly---the new patch caught me in between seasons, instead of mid-season....so it cannot mess up my perfectly running form/tactic! I even have a few preseason matches to test out the changes and tweak my formation if needed!

Marine AFC

Season Summary 20/21

Conference

Final Position 1st - Champions!

Sixth season was the one where everything pretty much clicked. We were top of the league most of the season and won by a comfortable 7 point ahead of Bristol Rovers. Avoided the mid-season slump that has destroyed promotion hopes a few times now. Good cup runs, including a Wembley final in the FA Trophy Cup was a great bonus and also secured finances further, allowing us to go full-time professional before next season.

The FA Trophy final was the big disappointment where we lost 1-0 to a Grimsby side we'd beaten twice in the league. With just one shot on target in 120 mins, we can't really complain either.

The 3rd round of the FA-cup was another story though. Up against Premiership giants QPR, we came so close to an upset. Totally bombarded them in the first half and should have been up by 2 or 3, but in the end their quality forwards was the difference and we lost 1-2. But won the hearts of the record attendance of 3862!

Key players

Niall Heaton DC: Good in the air, mediocre defending on the ground. His main asset though is the long-throw, so much he's averaging over 5 "key passes" every game. All of which of course is his monster throw finding its target!

Sam Hillhouse SC: Reliable goalscorer, 26 goals in 41 starts this season. Hopefully will be able to deliever the goods on a higher level as well.

Neil Plummer MC: Flourished this season as a box-to-box midfielder. Chipped in a respectable 11 goals

Brian Hutchinson DC: My key defender. Most successful tackles per game and over twice the amount of interceptions as the next best guy!

Aim for next season depends on the level of players we might be able to recruit, but mid-table security at least

Year	League	Pos.	Champ.L	Uefa	FA.Cup	Cap.One	JPT	FAT 	Achievement
15/16	Van N	19th	None	None	2ndQual	None	None	3rd Rnd	None
16/17	Van N	5th	None	None	4thQual	None	None	3rd Rnd	Lost play-off semifinal
17/18	Van N	4th	None	None	4thQual	None	None	1st Rnd	Promoted through play-off
18/19	Conf  	19th	None	None	4thQual	None	None	1st Rnd	None
19/20	Conf  	4th	None	None	1st Rnd	None	None	1st Rnd	Lost play-off final
20/21	Conf  	1st	None	None	3rd Rnd	None	None	Final  	Champions

Archived