FM15: Newcastle United F.C. - Sack Pardew.com

col_nufc1

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sold Pione Sisto to PSG for £40.5m, bought Memphis Depay (£28m) to replace him and also got Dani Carvajal for £15m. Currently 1st in Feb, 1 point ahead of Man Utd, beat R. Madrid for the European Super Cup. In the Champions League I have Dynamo Kyiv.

Thinking of selling Rolando Aarons, it's either him or Nathan Redmond

Hi Chaps, need a quick answer if possible:

Should i sell ayoze - second season 26 million to Real Madrid.

Id like to keep him, but hes already unhappy about me rejecting a bid. I have mitrovic who is performing well and i also have fierro who has just arrived.

what do you think?

My view is always, he doesn't want to be in your team - let him go - if they give you enough money. 26 mn isn't bad. If you reject and he stays but is unhappy then he won't be playing well for a while. Might as well bring in another similar player for that money. If you don't need him, sell him.

So close to knocking Barcelona out of the Champions league. 2-1 up Balanta scores an owngoal in the 70th minute, 90+3 Newcastle corner, Redmond lose possession, Marscherano boots it up field and Adama Traore runs onto it and scores :mad:

Won the EPL, last game of the season decided it as well. 1st place against 2nd place both on level points with 86 pts and 1st place having a +12 gd lead. Lukaku scored a hat-trick with his 3rd from Man Utd's Keeper kicking it at him into an empty net :lol:

Hi Chaps, need a quick answer if possible:

Should i sell ayoze - second season 26 million to Real Madrid.

Id like to keep him, but hes already unhappy about me rejecting a bid. I have mitrovic who is performing well and i also have fierro who has just arrived.

what do you think?

if Ashley is still chairman and you should play realistically. and realistically ashley will personally accompany Ayoze to Madrid to get he 26million.

• 1 month later...

Haven't really got into FM this year so i started Unemployed and got offered the Newcastle job in October 2014.

Carver stepped down and they weren't doing bad! Think they were 14th, iv started off fairly well and i am in 6th only played a month! Team is as follows;

Krul, Janmaat RB, Taylor CB, Coloccini CB, Haidara LB, Cabella RM, Tiote CM, Sissoko CM, Ameobi LM, Ayoze ST, Ferryera ST.

Hopefully can manage a top 6, would be happy with that! Want to play a 4 (WB's) 3 3 next season and already looking at players.

Ferryera seems to be doing great, 9 in 8 in the league.

Ok so I've been bouncing around different threads looking for one final challenge on FM15 but just couldn't seem to find anyone to suit me. Then I came across Newcastle on the latest update, paired with their current under-achievement in real life and decided I wanted to give them a try.

I didn't post anything on here to start with as I wasn't convinced it was going to last, however, I've now just completed season 1 and here is what happened:

So I started with transfers turned off and a 'Sunday league footballer' reputation to make it a tougher challenge.

Played: 38

Won:19

Drew:11

Lost:8

Place: 6th (No Europa League)

Due to Leicester winning the League Cup and not finishing in the top 5, they took the final Europa League spot which was gutting. However, I'm extremely pleased with the season overall, with some fantastic wins along the way.

Only Chelsea and Man City, who finished 1st and 2nd respectively, finished with less goals conceded than me. I managed to keep the same back 4 and GK for most of the season which helped. Krul kept 15 clean sheets, with Haidara, Taylor, Colocini and Janmaat helping him out.

Scoring was more of a trouble for me. I had no regular striker, with the top position switching between Perez, Cisse and Mitrovic. Cisse was my main choice with him getting 13 goals in 18 games, the only problem being his 1 month break in the middle of the season whilst he was at the African Cup of Nations. Perez managed to bag 7 goals in 20 games, but he was utilized in a number of positions along the front line. I used this first season to bed Mitrovic in and find his feet in the league. He settled in fairly well by netting 6 goals in 10 starts with a number of sub appearances. The rest of the team did chip in with goals, most noticeably Riviere who bagged 12 in 24 games from the right wing and Aarons who managed 10 in 33 games from the left wing.

On that note, Aarons was probably my best player overall this season. I decided to throw him in from the start and he didn't disappoint.

With transfers off, It wasn't until January before I could make any adjustments to the squad. Eric Dier came in on loan for the rest of the season, but was very rarely used. Josh Brownhill was signed from Preston for £2.2m but loaned straight back to them for the rest of the season. Sergi Roberto was brought in from Barcelona for a steal at £1.8m to add a bit of technical quality to the midfield.

I don't want to change the squad too much this season, with M'benga, Lascelles, Armstrong, Ameobi, Brownhill and Roberts all to be given more of a chance in the first squad so that I don't make too many drastic changes.

I'm going to aim to get a Europa League spot next season, whether that's through winning a cup or via league position. I didn't do too well in the cups last season so I'm going to try and take them more seriously this season.

I've signed a new 2 year extension and I'm looking forward to continuing the challenge. The main problem I foresee is that a lot of my best players are now wanted by bigger clubs. It could be a long summer.

Wish me luck :thup:

Just coming to end of 2nd season with my Newcastle save. Did well 1st season, majority of season spent chasing CL spots, until a blip in form saw me drop down to 5th on the final day.

Transfers

IN - OUT

ENded up with too many DCs in the side! Vlaar became first choice with COloccini, whilt Oczikpa battled his way from backup to undisputed starter. January signing Jiménez was a revelation, becoming a lethal forward. Outgoing is no surprise, although some may have kept Anita, but the money offered for him was something I preferred more than the diminutive Dutchman.

SEASON 2

Transfers

IN - OUT

Douglas Costa...£2.5m?!?! Absolutely. Played just once at Bayern, and was a no-brainer when I saw him listed. Memphis Depay played just a handful of times at United, and I tried my luck with a £20m then a £25m bid, eventually landing the Dutch star. Gerónimo Rulli is a world class GK at a low price. Two winter arrivals from Argentina, with Balanta needing no introduction. Calleri is charged with replacing Jiménez who left for a cool £15m. The other 6 are youngsters with high PA ratings.

Siem didn't feature much for me, so when Norwich came storming in with that offer, I took it. Gouffran had been excellent last season, but with deals for Doug and Depay lined up(albeit still in the works) I took the handsome offer from Lyon. Sertic had been solid, but wouldn't feature much. Riviere had been a bit of a donkey, whilst Vuckic hadn't been away from the physio. Lascelles was sold, but I do have a £1m buy-back clause in his deal, so a chance for him to return if he improves.

We made it to 1/4 finals of Europa League, qualifying from a group consisting of Gent, Dnipro and Twente. We then defeated Dinamo Moscow 7-3 on aggregate. Porto was next....we fell apart, imploded, disintegrated in the firt leg at their place, losing 4-1. We won back some pride in 2nd leg, winning 2-1, but it wasn't enough.

With 7 to play for me, Currently 7th in the table. An assault on CL places is possible, but another EL spot will do just nicely as I continue the slow process of building a team.

Season finished, finished 6th. One place down from last season, but at the same time it was encouraging.

So far sold Wijnaldum(£11.75m), Galarreta(£6m), Haidara(£3m), VLaar(£6.25m), CIssé(£5.5m), Bigirimana(£450k), Ameobi(£1.4m), Dummett(1.5m), Colback(£2.4m), raising £39m, to add to the £9m I had been handed.

With that, in comes Fabien Delph(£2.9m), Nathaniel Clyne(£3.5m), Teddy Bishop(£1.2m), Danny Rose(£3.2m), Tonny Trinidade de Vilhena(£18.25m), and Serge Gnabry(loan). Just added some English/homegrown talent to the side, which is needed. Promoted to first team is Rolando Aarons, whilst I'm still toying with the idea of Armstrong staying or loan. ALso potentially could sell Krul or Rulli, one or the other, Virgil van Dijk, Douglas Costa and Moussa in the window if clubs come in. Direct replacements;

Krul/Rulli - need to sign

Virgil - Mbemba(who I see more as a MC)

Douglas - Aarons/Cabella/Thauvin, potential new player.

Moussa - Will Hughes

Looking for a bit of advice on certain players if thats ok?

Just started a Newcastle save,do 1 every year but waited too long this year :(,& i was wondering about a 3 of the players Haidara,Dummett & Colocinni.

Just really want to know if Colo is still up to being a first choice CB & if Dummett & Haidara turn out to be any good. Was thinking of making Haidara my 1st choice LB & saving myself some money,even though i have deal lined up for Oczipka. Really never seen any of these players go anywhere in my other saves but if i played them enough would that change?

Appreciate any help thanks (y)

@JD 1984 I replaced both Haidara and Dummett rather quickly. I kept Haidara until 3rd summer, but was no more than a backup. Coloccini has been my first choice, until recently when I signed Alvarez Balanta, is more than good enough providing you have a DC playing next to him that can cover his little weaknesses.

I used Coloccini and Haidara as first choice for the first season and finished 3rd.

Coloccini was then sold then sold due to his age and I had brought in Winston Reid, Ruben Vezo & Vallejo. I also brought in Jetro Willems for LB and rotated with Haidara. At the end of the 2nd season, I sold Haidara to City for £25m.

Dummett was back up then went out to Everton on loan for the 2nd season and I would sell if you can. He is useful for club trained European spots though.

• 2 weeks later...

Done something I failed to do on FM14, win the Champions League. Also won the Premier League with 3 games to spare.

Had an average group with Dortmund, Fenerbahce & Metalist, Finished 1st in the group. First Knockout round pitted me against Sevilla which I lost 1-0 due to not putting away any chances before getting revenge at St. James' winning 5-0. In the Quarter Finals I played against Man Utd winning 2-1 at home in the first leg before drawing 2-2 in the second leg. Semi-Finals had drawn me against Barcelona, Losing the first leg in Spain once again. 3-2 Barca were the more clinical side. Wasn't that optimistic about reaching the Finals but decided to give it a shot, rested key players in the EPL match where we won the title. Started the second leg well, Depay scoring inside the 3rd minute, then a 25th minute Lukaku penalty. Started the 2nd half like we started the 1st, Depay scoring in the opening minutes after kick-off. An own goal from Ter Stegan made it 4-0 in the 67th minute. Jack Grealish made it 5-0 in the 72nd minute. Long awaited revenge for getting knocked out by Barca in the Quarter finals last year dished out in style saw Newcastle playing their first ever Champions league final against the 11-time winners Real Madrid. Managing to get the better of Brendan Rodgers and his annoying formation meant Newcastle won their first ever Champions League Trophy. :applause:

Lukaku was worth the £53m I spent on him in 2015/16, great player. Scored 40 goals in 39(2) games & 31 goals in 28(1) League games. Also got 14 assists in all comps as well.

Memphis Depay was insane as well, 33 goals & 16 assists in 36(4) in all comps also helped.

Rolando Aarons also impressed playing back up to Grealish with 18 Assists and 6 goals in all comps

Towards defending the CL now I guess... should be easy.

Started the 2019/20 well, winning the Community Shield 3-0 against Watford and beating Man City 3-0 to win the Euro Super Cup.

Tough start to the EPL with Chelsea and Liverpool as the first 2 games.

The Champions League has been drawn. In a group with Bayern Munich, Zenit & Videoton

Decided to have another crack at Newcastle before I get FM2016, currently 5th after 10 games, Sissoko was my best player but got injured after 2 games, a broken ankle kept him out for 3 months but back soon, Anita, Colback and Taylor are my most consistent performers so far, I play a 4-1-2-2-1 formation, I tried to sign a lot of British players so bought in the following players

Troy Deeney, Steve Cook, Matt Ritchie, Stephen Ireland, Jonjo Shelvey, Jack Butland, Josh Brownhill, George Green, also signed some decent cheap foreign players to make up the numbers,

I sold Dummett, Williamson, Elliot ( released ), Gouffran, Shane Ferguson, Oberton ( released ),Marveux, Curtis Good ( free transfer to Shrewsbury ), Cisse, Kruel and Tiote, bringing in 45m from transfers.

Enjoying this save as I am trying out players I aint tried before like Deeney, Shelvey and Ireland etc.

How is Sissoko and Krul performing at your games?

Sissoko's attributes seems really average to me and i'm thinking about selling him after the end of first season.

And as for Krul, well the only reason i might keep him is because of his homegrown status, otherwise, he sometimes makes funny mistakes that i have not seen in FM2015 before, his attributes doesn't really represent his performance.

Aarons developed really well in my game, excellent pace, 16 technique, 15 dribbling, very effective first team alternative.

Lascelles is also one of my 4 central defenders, also a good defender.

first season: 7th

second season: 3rd, won the uefa cup against city

third season: loaned odegaard from real with a buy out clause, hoping to be champions this year.

NEWCASTLE 3rd season:

gk: Horn, Krul

dr: Chambers, Flanagan

dl: Rodriguez, Dummett

dc: Sule, Caulker, Mbemba, Lascalles

mc: Ruben Neves, Hojbjerg,Tielemans

mc backup:Alli, Odegaard, Hughes

mr:Ayoze, Zivkovic, Aarons

ml: Gauld, Zivkovic, Aarons, Jovic

fc:Mitrovic, Ayoze, Jovic

*oh yes, playing "total domination" barca style football with regista+2 mc's, low tempo and lots of passes! definitely a joy to watch :)

Archived