[FM15] The only way to force Becks into Football Management

DavidBeckham

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was fantastic for me in a couple of 14 saves, good stuff.

That's good to hear! I had him on FM13 too and to be fair he has been solid for the past few versions :)

Good couple of signings

Cheers mate! :D

Tom Ince, we are not worthy o/ o_ o/ o_

What do you mean mate? :)

Shame the injury to Redmond scuppered your top four finish. Still have to be delighted with Europa League qualification, though :thup:

Indeed it's a shame but I guess that unpredictability adds to the fun of the game as well! Cheers mate!

Gnabry .............
As a backup, Gnabry every time, especially for 111k per month less.

ziIIVmo.jpg?1

Cheers lads! Nani just made my decision easier :mad:

Gnabry, yeah. Nani's inconsistency will kill you.

Is there no possibility of inserting a Future Fee clause into the Gnabry deal (even if it is likely to cost you £20M+)?

I tried and they wanted 28.5 million pounds, which is way higher than how much I could offer so I decided to do without it :)

Good work Becks :thup:

Looking forward to see how you fare in Europe - see if you can go one better than Hodgson did in the Europa League!

Thanks mate! That would depend on how well the second string players do :)

200px-Fulham_fc.svg.png

Preseason 2016/2017 - Fulham F.C.

Board Expectations

English Premier League: Respectable league position

FA Cup: Sixth Round

Capital One Cup: Quarter Final

EURO Cup: Not expected to get beyond Group Stage

Increased expectations all round. A number of our young stars asked to leave the club for champions league football but were convinced by me to stay when I promised them champions league football by the end of this season. That has to be the main aim for us this year. Success in the cup competitions would be dependent on how well the second string players do.

Budgets

Transfer: 28.34 million pounds

Wages: 925,000 pounds

There were less money to spend on players but the wage budget increased by 325,000 pounds this time round. Just about enough to upgrade the squad in certain positions and I was satisfied with the board's commitment \o/

Transfers

Di96AcW.jpg?1

It was quality rather than quantity this time round with four players coming in to improve the depth of the squad. In addition, German wonderkid Gnabry extended his loan deal for another season to provide backup to Redmond on the right wing. Guidetti never really settled and left for regular football after failing to dispatch Woodrow from the first choice false nine spot.

Players In

Ezequiel Munoz

We failed to cope with Burn's injury towards the end of last season and that played a major part in our failure to stay in fourth spot. Ezequiel has terrific defensive qualities and he will go straight in to partner Burn in the heart of our defense.

Grzegorz Krychowiak

Grzegorz is the ideal team player and he was brought in as cover for Tiote in the midfield anchor role. With Tiote not getting any younger, the new signing will have hopes of establishing himself in the team for the next few years.

Wilfried Bony

We never really had a threat from the bench last season and Wilfried will most certainly provide that for us this season. The powerful striker from Ivory Coast has good finishing ability and everyone associated with the club will want him to take some goal scoring burden off Woodrow this season.

Lorenzo De Silvestri

With Hoogland rather injury prone and moaning for first team football, I needed another right back to push Ward after letting the German go. Lorenzo becomes our third full-back from Italy after signing for 6 million pounds and his tremendous work rate will hopefully push the team to another level when the going gets tough.

Preseason Friendlies

2rJRb76.jpg?1

We face a tricky start this season with tough matches against Liverpool and Man United in the opening month. With champions league ambitions this season, we cannot afford to throw away too many points against the bigger sides. Come on you Cottagers!

To be honest, I'd have been disappointed with anything less than 2nd in that group if it were me, and confident of first.

I would have taken second at the start, but players like Bony and De Silvestri are doing really well in the competition!

200px-Fulham_fc.svg.png

August to November 2016/2017 - Fulham F.C.

League

2D0xOiQ.jpg?1

What a start to the season! We have made Craven Cottage a fortress so far by winning all of our seven home games against Stoke, Liverpool, Southampton, Sunderland, Forest, Reading and Everton. Away from home, we won three, drawn two and lost one, dropping points against the likes of Man United, Spurs and Man City. All in all, the lads have done really well in the first three months of the season and we would need to keep up our level of performance as there are sterner tests to come against Chelsea and Arsenal.

Table

Fs56cN1.jpg?1

We are top! But the boys are not getting too carried away as it's only 13 games in and we all remembered what happened last season when we had some bad luck with injuries. Man United are two points behind in second place while Arsenal sits in third position with 27 points. Liverpool completes the top four a further three points behind and Cardiff are the surprise package of the season so far in fifth. Chelsea had a horror start to the season and lingers in 12th position. They are our next opponents and hopefully, the rich kids from London don't turn around their season too soon :D

Capital One Cup

fCevW6Y.jpg?1

It's the same old story in this competition as we crashed out early in the fourth round. Bony and Redmond helped the team to a 2-1 victory at Carrow Road but some shocking finishing and poor defending at a set-piece meant Cardiff was able to knock us out of the Capital One Cup at Craven Cottage. Hopefully, successes in other competitions would offset the disappointment suffered in this competition.

Europa League

1AaMU5B.jpg?1

g4x5lOO.jpg?1

On a brighter note, we have been absolutely superb in our first season back in Europe so far! The boys emerged victorious in all of our five games and secured both progress from the group stage and top spot with a game left to play. Bony has been superb in this competition, bagging 6 in 5 so far and that has helped him settle into life in London nicely. Europa League has been a great distraction for us and the second choice players are getting some valuable game time. Looking forward to the knockout stages \o/

200px-Fulham_fc.svg.png

Season Review 2016/2017 - Fulham F.C.

League

Remaining Fixtures (December to May) Final Table (Qualified for Champions League in 3rd)

Man United had a crazy run of 15 consecutive victories in the middle of the league season and we suddenly find ourselves more than 10 points adrift of the leaders. Eventually, the Red Devils won the league with a record points total and my boys managed to hang on to 3rd place behind Arsenal to secure Champions League football next season \o/ All in all, it was a good season as we were only tipped to finish 9th by the media. Chelsea had a really poor year and finished 9th, resulting in the sacking of Jose Mourinho towards the end of the season.

Awards

RO2PMTU.jpg?1

Just the one award this time round and both Redmond and Burn deserved their places in the Team of the Year. Woodrow and Galloway were named among the substitutes.

Capital One Cup (Knocked out in fourth round)

KZVaCPE.jpg?1

Another disappointing campaign in the Capital One Cup as Cardiff scored from a set-piece against the run of play to knock us out of the competition.

FA Cup (Knocked out in third round)

lxYgDBp.jpg?1

I knew we were in for a tough game against Liverpool and with the lads failing to put away the numerous chances created, the task was made tougher. Inevitably, we lost 0-1 to an unfortunate own goal and it was another early cup exit for us Cottagers :(

Europa League (Champions)

Wx6gz6s.jpg?1

ern58wf.jpg?1

With us out of both domestic cup competitions so early on, I wanted to win this so badly after Man United went too far ahead in the league. Thankfully, the players were up for it and we managed to knock out the likes of Spartak Moscow, Lyon, Dynamo Kyiv, Marseille and finally Leverkusen to lift the trophy. The proudest achievement of my short career so far!

Squad Analysis

Squad Stats

At the start of season, we basically had two starting 11s, one for the premier league and the other for the cup competitions. Towards the end, Man United went further and further ahead and with all hopes of catching them vanishing, I swapped the lineups around and went all out for the Europa League. Overall a very positive season and the lads would need to make the step up to the champions league next season as we will not have a lot to spend this time round :(

First 11

The first 11 with the most number of appearances for those who requested :)

Top 3 Players

Dan Burn

Dan impressed yet again in the heart of our defense and ended the season as by far our most consistent defender. In addition, he managed to nod in four and create a further two at the other end of the field and deservedly takes his place in my top 3 players of the season.

Cauley Woodrow

Woodrow kept up his fine goal scoring form and ended the season as our top scorer yet again. The Englishman bagged 29 goals and 6 assists in 44 starts in all competitions and still only 22, Cauley can only get better.

Nathan Redmond

Yes, with Nathan, we have the same three players for my top 3 players of the season again. He managed to stay fit for most of the season this time round and made 42 starts in total, scoring 14 and creating 15 in all competitions. The explosive winger has been brilliant since signing for us and he will relish playing in the champions league next season \o/

Archived