Sports Interactive Community
DavidBeckham

[FM15] The only way to force Becks into Football Management

Newcastle-United-icon.png

Preseason 2041/2042 - Newcastle United F.C.

Board Expectations

Premier League: Qualify for Europa League

Champions League: Not expected to get beyond Group Stage

Capital One Cup: Reach Quarter Final

FA Cup: Reach Sixth Round

After last season’s fantastic over-achievement, the board raised their expectations considerably and we were expected to qualify for the Europa League through participation in the Premier League this time round. We weren’t expected to do too well in the Champions League though as the board felt that even qualifying from the group would be a bonus. However, further progress in the domestic cup competitions was expected. (Sixth Round and Quarter Final for FA Cup & Capital One Cup respectively)

Budgets

Transfer: 23.88 million pounds

Wages: 650k pounds

With Champions League football on the horizon, the squad needed considerable strengthening and the budget we got was the minimum I would’ve wanted from the board. Another summer of struggle awaits as I face the huge task of putting together a squad capable of competing in the Champions League.

Transfers

uLr9l5E.jpg

We struggled to strengthen to the extent which I would’ve liked but we managed to bring in five quality players both on loan and on permanent transfers. Markovic extended his loan deal for a further season to provide back-up for our number one keeper and I was glad to tie all of Goni, Varisco and Blasco down to permanent deals. An extra 10 million pounds was raised from eleven departures.

Key Transfers

Martin Bednar

Martin is the perfect left-sided center-back which we were able to afford on the market and the brave defender will go straight into the starting 11 to hopefully inject some much needed Champions League quality to the squad.

Fabian Schneider

Schneider was brought in as Bednar’s partner but he was not my first choice at the start. We did not have enough funds to complete the deal for a Brazilian center-back I badly wanted and I had to turn to Fabian in the end. The German center-back will certainly take time to settle as he doesn’t speak English and hopefully he will grow into a proper center-back and repay the 13 million pounds we forked out for him.

Paul Winter

The English left-back was very close to going to the last World Cup with me but narrowly missed out in the end. Paul is a solid defender and he will challenge hard for the first-choice left-back spot in the upcoming campaign.

Preseason Friendlies

HYggViB.jpg

We flew to U.S.A this time round for our hectic preseason to hopefully build up our fan base in that area. After a grueling schedule, we are back and ready for the start of the season. Let’s hope we can get closer to the top of the Premier League and progress further in the cup competitions! \o/

Great preseason, hopefully a foundation to a successful year! ;)

I certainly hope so too! Thanks mate! :D

Wow, that's one quick climb back up to the CL!

But that may also mean the step up would be too steep for the lads :(

Newcastle-United-icon.png

Season Review 2041/2042 - Newcastle United F.C.

Premier League

Fixtures (Whole season) Final Table (4th)

We finished with an identical points total as last season but dropped down to 4th in a very competitive season. I was also glad to secure the opportunity to play in the Champions League for a second consecutive year and it was another season of over-achievement (we were tipped to finish 9th by the media). In terms of Salary Per Year, we are a long way below the rich boys in 19th place and the boys can feel very pleased about the season's work.

Awards

yjVinbP.jpg

Four in the Team of the Year this time round \o/

j3rgBOA.jpg

Our Brazilian number one had another consistent campaign and deserved his second consecutive Golden Glove award!

OpnDI6G.jpg

He was signed on a free in my first year with the club and I'm elated to have watched him come so far :**)

tyBKtrE.jpg

We bagged the double!

FA Cup

bjInOIR.jpg

The lads did well to reach the quarter finals but came undone against Aston Villa when our squad was stretched to its limits.

Capital One Cup

d8tkt46.jpg

My first silverware with the club! It was such a tough cup run as we struggled past Arsenal, Manchester United and Tottenham before facing Liverpool in the final. The lads raced to a 3-1 lead but Liverpool came storming back to draw 3-3 in a repeat of Istanbul. Thankfully, our players kept their nerves and managed to beat the Reds 7-6 on penalties in the end \o/

Champions League

k6UJ6ry.jpg

hp0YrOO.jpg

We had a tight group stage and somehow managed to finish ahead of Valencia and Roma with only 10 points. The boys did terrifically to dismiss Monaco in the First Knock Out round after our best display of the season in the second leg. Real Sociedad was up next and we were optimistic going into the second leg after drawing the first leg 1-1 in Spain. To our dismay, the new Spanish giants proved to be too strong for our boys and we succumbed to a 1-3 aggregate defeat.

Top 3 Players

Rok Gerencer

Rok was unfortunate with injuries in his first season with us and after managing to avoid long term injuries this campaign, the Slovenian achieved a decent goal ratio (22 goals in 28 starts) and even managed to create a further 6 for his team-mates. Good season for the striker.

Andrea Varisco

The Italian winger takes his place in my top 3 players of the season again after another productive campaign. Andrea improved to finish on double figures for both assists and goals and still only 23, I expect him to build on the terrific season next year.

Ben Partridge

I’m so happy for the lad. I signed him on a free in my first year with the Magpies when he was loitering on the transfer market unwanted. After a couple of years, the Englishman has developed into a top Premier League midfielder and fully deserved his Player of the Year award. Ben finished with 13 goals and 17 goals in 37 starts and is without a shadow of a doubt my player of the season!

You managed reasonably well in Europe after all.
Decent effort in the Champions League.

Cheers lads! As we get nearer to FM16, there is a slight twist to the end of this thread ;)

With the impending release of FM16, time is running out for me to try out MLS on this version. As a result, I have decided to resign from Newcastle and wait for the LA Galaxy job to come around. Disappointingly, after holidaying through a season, Galaxy extended the contract of their current manager and left me with little choice but to take up another MLS job. And this finally came up after another season of holidaying through the save:

Hxq3d8V.jpg

And I took it..

2XeATA5.jpg

The MLS swansong \o/

I regret to say that I have not managed to play much of MLS due to work, and now that FM16 has been released, it's time to put an end to this thread

:(

Km26PBc.jpg

BgCRY6y.jpg

7 clubs + England national team, 44 cup wins, 13 league wins & 10 pages of memories..

Huge thanks to all who have read/posted in this thread :**)

Good work DB2, can't wait to see your next project.

Thanks boss! Can't wait to get into the new save on FM16 too :D