• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ACTR6Nv.jpg?1

Fantastic day! \o/

XfxaWZc.jpg?1

Some nice words from a former Fulham player and manager :D

bydl728.jpg?1

I really welcome this change, with the board offering the budgets right after we clinched the title. We still have two matches to play as well, it really gives me lots of time and room to plan for the exciting summer ahead! And of course, I was real happy with the budget :)

Smashing stuff, and a fantastic budget for next season. Looks like a fun season coming up! :D
That's a hefty transfer budget, will be interesting to see what you're gonna spend it on.
Congrats, it's brilliant y'know? :thup:

Cheers lads! I wasn't expecting a budget of that size too, it's a blessing in disguise! However, it remains to be seen whether players of proper caliber would want to join us :(

Really good budget, did Middlesborough go up aswell considering the battle you had?

D8KueSB.jpg?1

Here's how the contenders look for the playoff and promotion places with two games to play! Boro's collapse in form is shocking to say the least :(

You can buy Lukaku with that!

He is currently the third highest scorer in Premier League with 16 goals in 27 starts. You won't be too happy if I attempt to do that will you? ;)

wow! they're going to need a good second leg performance!
8-0??? EIGHT? That escalated really quickly!!
Ouch!! could be a rough season for them then
Jesus, if that happened a player team, they'd rage quit and call in unrealistic, what a collapse.

I find it extremely odd too, and they did not suffer any major injury crisis. It could be due to an increase in significance of squad morale on this version, so remember to do everything to stop those win-less streaks!

Woah that's bad. So Norwich unfortunately went up as well?

Yes mate, Norwich finished 2nd :)

Excellent season with Fulham and congrats on winning the title.That is one spectacular collapse off Middlesbrough :eek:

Thanks B.W.G! Boro's collapse is by far the story of the season :(

Boro to win 2nd leg 10-1.:p

They won the second leg 4-0 and lost 4-8 on aggregate! 6 goals short ;)

Things just keep getting better for you. Middlesbrough stop playing, you win the title and then get a huge budget to play with. Looking forward to next season.

Thanks mate! The tussle with Middlesbrough was not enjoyable before their collapse but it turned out well in the end :D Season review coming up!

200px-Fulham_fc.svg.png

Season Review 2014/2015 - Fulham F.C.

League

Remaining Fixtures (April to May) Final Table (Promoted as Champions)

Middlesbrough led for approximately two-thirds of the season before their dramatic collapse and as a result, we ran out winners eventually. Norwich was promoted as runners-up while Cardiff completed the terrific turnaround for last season's relegated clubs by winning the play-offs. All three clubs will play in the premier league next season after achieving promotion in their first attempts. Blackpool continued their downward spiral and got relegated alongside Millwall and Sheff Wed.

Awards

7ZAKdzT.jpg?1

We have four in the team of the year with our keeper on the substitutes' bench \o/

Xyzkh7V.jpg?1

My first managerial award of any sort after missing out on the manager of the month awards throughout the season :D

9xxRFwm.jpg?1

Patrick fully deserved this award and his future is limitless if he continues his steady development (he is only 18! :eek: )

PO0pa2q.jpg?1

I was pleased to see one of my signings bag the player of the year award! However, Adam needs to improve further and it remains to be seen if he can make the step up to the premier league next season.

Capital One Cup (Knocked out in third round)

b4qeD02.jpg?1

The lads did well to come back and beat Yeovil in extra-time but were unlucky in a penalty shootout defeat against Charlton in the third round. I will certainly be looking to go a bit further with a better squad next season.

FA Cup (Knocked out in fourth round)

AHgjiw6.jpg?1

I was proud to see us beat a premier league opposition in our opening FA Cup fixture but we came undone once again against Brentford in the next round. They were our bogey team last season as we failed to beat them in all three attempts. It may be a blessing in disguise that we will no longer be in the same league as them next season ;)

Squad Analysis

Squad Stats

We have the fourth highest Salary Per Year in the league and are only mid-table-ish in terms of net transfer spending so we definitely over-achieved this season \o/ The younger players benefited from a full season of championship football and they can only get better when we move up a level next season. Inevitably, we will need a couple of upgrades in certain positions in preparation for premiership football next season to prevent an immediate return to the championship.

First 11

The first 11 with the most number of appearances for those who requested :)

Top 3 Players

Tim Hoogland

Tim can certainly make the step up to the premier league next season with little fuss as he dominated most of the left wingers in the championship throughout the year. He's no Philip Lahm but the German right-back has great defensive qualities and even found time to bag a couple of goals at the other end of the field. Certainly one of the best three players for me this season :thup:

Cauley Woodrow

Cauley started the season behind Ross McCormack but took full advantage when the latter got injured early on. The young Englishman had a productive season, scoring 19 goals and laying 6 for his team-mates in 27 starts. Only 20, Woodrow can only get better and he will get his chance in the premier league next season.

Patrick Roberts

My player of the season! I may be slightly biased but Patrick is still only 18 and he can go on to be the next big thing in English football if he continues his remarkable development. The quick winger ended the season with 12 goals and 12 assists in 42 starts and it will be interesting to see how he fares in the premier league next season.

Just following this now. Fantastic season in charge at Fulham and that transfer budget :eek: Absolutely fantastic budget and one I'm sure will propel you far beyond a relegation battle. I highly doubt we'll be seeing Fulham in the Championship anytime soon ;) KUTGW

Congrats on a great season

Cheers Deisler26! :D Nice to see you here!

Just following this now. Fantastic season in charge at Fulham and that transfer budget :eek: Absolutely fantastic budget and one I'm sure will propel you far beyond a relegation battle. I highly doubt we'll be seeing Fulham in the Championship anytime soon ;) KUTGW

Great to see you here too JDownie! I was really pleasantly surprised by the budget too, and I certainly hope that we won't be scraping for survival next season. Thanks mate!

I think a mid table finish would be a great start to the premiership especially for the younger players.

Wow now the pressure is on!

Not knowing what to expect in the premier league on this version, I would be satisfied with survival next season :)

Looks like they'd give you 70m if you survive! :D

This is almost impossible unless I get some Russian billionaire taking over the club! ;)

That's a great first season, best of luck next year.

Cheers mate :)

Hahah i thought those Middlesbough results were Blackpool for a sec :D

Very similar results apart from the fact that Blackpool had that bad run going throughout the season!

Deal, should be a good addition to your squad.
I'd prefer to scour for a younger player, especially for a significant chunk of your budget, but he had good attributes, and besides the necessary, is a tireless worker.
Yeah, I'd like a younger player too. But if he's willing to accept no more than 2 years, it could still work out pretty well.

Cheers for the advice mates! I am still trying hard to find younger alternatives but there is none on the market currently :(

I'd pick him up
I'd do it.

qdTFOkA.jpg?1

Cheers lads! A tad costly but went with him as I couldn't find better alternatives!

Sanchez from Villa could be a different option

Thanks for the suggestion mate! Took a look at him and decided that Tiote is better suited to my style of play :D

Archived