[FM15] The only way to force Becks into Football Management

DavidBeckham

What a read! I read this all in one haha

really impressed with what you have done with the youth development, best part of the game in my opinion.

This has been the best career I've followed since discovering the site in 2013 and good luck on getting the England job mate!

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Smashing work!
Fantastic squad building. :applause:
Outstanding :thup:

Cheers lads! :D

All-English eh? Interesting.
The English Bilbao! :applause:

That's the idea! But to follow the exact Bilbao way I can only recruit youngsters from London but I am scouting the whole of England ;)

Probably the team I least expected to have a full english squad, good work and hopefully brings some more success.
Almost a complete opposite to the real life Arsenal.

To be fair, Arsene has moved towards that recently, signing the likes of Walcott, Ox, Welbeck and producing players like Gibbs and Wilshere :)

Does your all English policy extend to the youth ranks?

I do allow my head of youth development to sign foreign players to make up the numbers in the u18s but the players who come through to the first team are strictly English!

What a read! I read this all in one haha

really impressed with what you have done with the youth development, best part of the game in my opinion.

This has been the best career I've followed since discovering the site in 2013 and good luck on getting the England job mate!

Glad to have you here mate and thanks for the flattering words! I have always loved youth development but have not had a save on it for a long time. As for the England job, I am about to send guys to kidnap Montella!

Funny though, you devolping and playing english players makes a huge impact on the performance of the English National Team, therefore making it less likely Montella will fail, making it less likely for you to get the job.

That's the irony! I hope Montella gets sick of winning with England soon :mad:

That's the idea! But to follow the exact Bilbao way I can only recruit youngsters from London but I am scouting the whole of England ;)

It'd be tricky to keep track of in FM, but the Bilbao way would be closer to players from the Greater London county. These days, IIRC, Bilbao are slightly more lenient, and will accept non Basques who grew up in the region. There was transfer talk one time of that Mexican fellow Espericueta, they said he'd be ok as he had Basque heritage.

You'd be more like Chivas as it stands, they'll accept anyone who is eligible for Mexico, and release anyone who declares for another country.

I do allow my head of youth development to sign foreign players to make up the numbers in the u18s but the players who come through to the first team are strictly English!

I've always viewed Bilbao and the wider Basque Country as, more or less, a nation in its own right (culturally if not politically) but I guess Greater London would be comparable size wise. A Lisbon Lions challenge would be interesting, not to mention bloody hard, with Celtic - win the CL with players from Glasgow and the surrounding area.

I've always viewed Bilbao and the wider Basque Country as, more or less, a nation in its own right (culturally if not politically) but I guess Greater London would be comparable size wise. A Lisbon Lions challenge would be interesting, not to mention bloody hard, with Celtic - win the CL with players from Glasgow and the surrounding area.

I checked before I posted! :-D Greater London is much smaller, but is the only way I could imagine a similar regional rule to the Basque. A closer idea within England would be Hull, Leeds, Bradford or one of the Sheffields, etc, playing with only Yorkshire men.

The Lisbon Lions would be crazy difficult, wasn't it every single player was from within 30 mins of the stadium?

Gordon Gregory

KqKQemJ.jpg

iOKYDwN.jpg

Another academy graduate came of age this season and Gordon has had a great breakthrough campaign, scoring 6 and creating a further 7 in only 14 starts. The quick attacking midfielder is dubbed the new Paul Gascoigne and can grow to be a valuable goalscorer from midfield. He caught everybody's eye after bagging a superb hat-trick in the Champions League quarter-final against Fenerbahce and I am really looking forward to his development \o/

No, I leave it as is, let them pick their spots.

As I have 'Work Ball Into Box' on for all of my tactics, they may not be getting enough shots in so I am experimenting with 'Shoot more often' :D

Great progress as usual. Will be interesting to see how good Gregory can get.

Cheers mate! I can't wait to see where his talent can take him too!

arsenal-fc-logo.png

Season Review 2034/35 - Arsenal F.C.

Premier League

XN9BEzq.jpg

WpG4WeI.jpg

The lads deserved praise for a recording-breaking season in the league as we met the 100 point mark. Our hopes for an invincible season ended when Stoke City continued to be our bogey team as we lost to a penalty at the Britainnia Stadium.

EIwgqty.jpg

FxEBYxC.jpg

Our star player bagged both the top goal scorer and player of the year awards after going on a great scoring run in the last few games to finish the campaign with 32 goals.

7dgMu0Q.jpg

He also managed to beat a club legend's goal-scoring record in an unbelievable season \o/

Capital One Cup

wuxfSoM.jpg

The lads retained the trophy after an extra-time 2-1 win against the Toffees in the final. We were largely untroubled apart from the surprise 1st leg loss against Derby in the semi-finals.

FA Cup

lGdz6OK.jpg

We stumbled our way to the final, needing three cup replays before facing our rivals Man United at Wembley. Having lost so heavily at Old Trafford earlier in the season, I wasn't too optimistic but the lads put up a disciplined display to beat the Red Devils 2-0 to wrestle back our FA Cup.

Champions League

yXytBoV.jpg

McTSj7C.jpg

We were halted by the mighty Barcelona once again, this time in the semi-finals. We did not manage to score at home but managed to keep out the Spanish scoring machines before getting absolutely destroyed at Nou Camp, losing 3-7 in a crazy game. With some of the world's best players in their 1st 11, they seem to score with every shot and our all English team were unable to stop the rout :(

What's Next?

Wait for the England job... ...

Good season and unlucky in Europe hopefully next season will be the year.
Great season, shame about the CL.
Cracking season, great effort to break the points record. Disappointing exit to Barca, however. Did they go on to win the CL?

Thanks guys! Barcelona went on to win it comfortably, beating Napoli 3-0 in the final. They have some cracking players and it's a pity that they aren't English. We are still someway behind their squad :(

Champions League Semi-Final on 16th May?

Edit: The final is 6th June this year IRL - what the hell it's never that late is it?

I have never paid attention to the dates but 6th June is really late! It may be due to a blank summer with no international tournaments apart from the U21s?

arsenal-fc-logo.png

Pre-season 2035/36 - Arsenal F.C.

Board Expectations

English Premier League: Win Premier League

Champions League: Reach Final

FA Cup: Win FA Cup

Capital One Cup: Not important

All expectations stayed the same apart from the Champions League and we are now expected to reach the final. I can only pray that we don't draw Barcelona early this time round!

Budgets

Transfer: 163 million pounds

Wages: 2.9 million pounds

Irrelevant for me as I am not looking to sign big players from overseas. Young and English is the way to go!

Summer Transfers

Bradley Rogers

K3Z3K7K.jpg

We sold two of our wingers this summer (33 and 31 years old) and needed reinforcements in that area of the pitch. Bradley is a decent young winger and has pace/ability to beat a man. He is also very hardworking and will hopefully settle into our system smoothly.

Josh Warner

6XKrST3.jpg

Our fourth choice striker broke his leg in pre-season and got ruled out for half a year. I looked up the loan market and found Josh, who's a sharp finisher with decent movement and anticipation. He will get his game time in the cup competitions.

5 for Decisions, 4 for Anticipation, definitely related to Brendan Rogers.

Another great spot mate! Hopefully those stats won't affect his performances too much!

Are all the players on the game regens now or are players like Odegaard still around?

As we are in 2035, all the players are regens now!

Champions League Semi-Final on 16th May?

Edit: The final is 6th June this year IRL - what the hell it's never that late is it?

It's usually at the end of May, and until the 2010 Final, was always on the last or penultimate Wednesday of May. Since the 2010 Final, it's been played on a Saturday, again usually late in May. Everything from the round of 16 onwards seems to have happened later this year. Is it possibly to do with aligning the calendar for the World Cup in Qatar?

It's usually at the end of May, and until the 2010 Final, was always on the last or penultimate Wednesday of May. Since the 2010 Final, it's been played on a Saturday, again usually late in May. Everything from the round of 16 onwards seems to have happened later this year. Is it possibly to do with aligning the calendar for the World Cup in Qatar?

Or could it be due to World Cup 2014?

If you haven't played Stoke away yet, then no you won't.

We beat Stoke at the Britannia but..

vtar98R.jpg

:(

Loving this thread by the way. Particularly the Fulham days, think I might need to start a Championship save! :thup:

Great to have you here mate! Fulham was great fun, they had a lot of promising youngsters! Go ahead with the save and start a new thread on this forum and get us following! :D

Awww crap, of all teams...

Unbelievable! It was a late set-piece goal as well! And to make things worse Anfield was our only defeat all season!! :mad:

arsenal-fc-logo.png

Season Review 2035/36 - Arsenal F.C.

Premier League

5HCZU4J.jpg

We deserved to be unbeaten throughout the season but you need everything to go your way if you want to be invincible. The only bad performance of the season was against Liverpool at Anfield and despite that, we managed to create numerous chances but failed to put any of them away. Right at the end of the game, a corner was swung in and there was some pinball going on in the area before the ball dropped kindly for the opposition and they slammed home the winner. Heartbreak for us!

S7DOTLe.jpg

Nevertheless, what a wonderful season we have had and we managed to outdo our record points total last season (100) and ended the season with an impressive 103 points.

uaXkxTy.jpg

6kw81iQ.jpg

It just gets better and better for our star player as Marsden managed to surpass his outstanding tally last season to bag both the top goal scorer and player of the season awards. He's only 23!

Capital One Cup

LqMsAI0.jpg

We had our worst game defensively in the capital one cup final and our attackers carried us through to the penalty shootout against our rivals Spurs after a crazy 5-5 draw. Unfortunately, we missed our first kick and there was no way back as the lads lost out painfully on the lottery :(

FA Cup

Q9j9uJf.jpg

Another cup final and another penalty shootout but this time round, Lady Luck was on our side as we emerged victorious after an intense goal-less draw against the mighty Red Devils.

Champions League

WBg7YhX.jpg

YVoRtq4.jpg

We were knocked out in the quarter-finals by PSG after we failed to hang on to our narrow lead in the second leg in France. This is our third year without champions league success after winning it for two consecutive seasons in 2032 and 2033.

What's Next?

Montella is still in charge of our national team and I have no idea when he will leave. He should totally leave for the Italy job and leave this to me! :mad:

You seem to be doing well in terms of getting decent youth players through. Is there anything you have to do to improve the quality of players coming through? I've asked the board to improve youth facilities, got a feeder club with a good youth setup, and asked for the money for youth coaching to be increased, but the quality of players coming through is still, with the exception of one player, utter gash.

You seem to be doing well in terms of getting decent youth players through. Is there anything you have to do to improve the quality of players coming through? I've asked the board to improve youth facilities, got a feeder club with a good youth setup, and asked for the money for youth coaching to be increased, but the quality of players coming through is still, with the exception of one player, utter gash.

Have you been upping Youth Recruitment?

Can I see an overview of that crazy cup final.:D

Nice to see Chelsea struggling.

t0yOFsT.jpg

Here you go! Our defenders were hopeless here!

What about your Head of Youth Development? His personality is important here!

I never thought I'd say this but Marsden even blows my Langner out of the water!

He plays like the English van Persie! Terrific and powerful left foot he has!

So in a news report of your first defeat in 37 games they mention a cup defeat from 4 years ago.

What sort of ostrich wrote that?

Miles Jacobson? ;)

So close to going through the league season unbeaten.

You need everything to go for you in an unbeaten season and a ricochet of the ball from a corner ended our unbeaten streak :(

Archived