[FM15] The only way to force Becks into Football Management

DavidBeckham

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So we both have 'DB' as our initials, are both managing Arsenal and are both in 2031. Are you my secret twin? :D
Or a clone.

Hi twin! :D I have no silverware this season so you are certainly doing much better than me!

arsenal-fc-logo.png

Season Review 2030/31 - Arsenal F.C.

Premier League

3BVe2oS.jpg

bGKOAUg.jpg

A huge pleasant surprise as we finished runners-up to Man United. We were only tipped by the media to finish 6th and finishing as the best of the rest given Man United's domestic dominance is no mean feat!

Capital One Cup

0ajRyyI.jpg

FA Cup

coHFgmq.jpg

We ended the season with no silverware as we made playing the youngsters our priority.

Player Focus - Sheldon Welch

Beginning of Season

45twlmb.jpg

End of Season

fsJSla6.jpg

Sheldon was put on the CD-D training schedule throughout the season and most of the crucial defensive stats grew by 1. The young center-back was also given lots of game time (20 league starts and 8 cup appearances) despite being only 18-9. However, his lack of aggression has shown as he often failed to engage strikers in time on numerous occasions . I will be observing him closely for a further season before I decide if we should introduce some PPMs (Mark tightly/dive into tackles) to make up for his lack of aggression.

Well you seem to have done well while I have been away and Villa haven't been relegated in a save its always a good sight to see.

Cheers mate! Villa has been doing very well and managed to put up a solid challenge for the champions league places this season!

Welch is already looking good.

He has good all rounded stats for a center-back but his lack of aggression has limited his level of performances so far!

Player Focus - Patrick John

Beginning of Season

dtNkvHw.jpg

End of Season

Ld6PPma.jpg

Patrick was developing along nicely until he broke his foot mid way through the season and got ruled out for four months. The young striker lacks the natural ability to beat a man and has to be put on the dribbling schedule to balance his attacking stats. Despite the unfortunate injury, most of his striking stats improved by one and I was pleased to see his dribbling up by two. He also got his first senior goals after scoring on his premier league debut and managing another in the cup competitions. If John wants to reach the top, he has to avoid injuries in the upcoming season and continue his steady development.

Player Focus - Paul McKenzie

Beginning of Season

hslEFDH.jpg

End of Season

XD8lynL.jpg

Tough tackler Paul has had a significant season of development and managed 19 appearances in total in his breakthrough season. He also managed to improve his marking by 2 after being put on the specific attribute training. The next 'Nicky Butt' will start the new season as one of the two midfield anchors and with champions league football on the horizon, McKenzie will get more high level football to hopefully quicken his development.

Player Focus - Peter Hurst

Beginning of Season

b98NgRT.jpg

End of Season

iPbLFsr.jpg

Out of all the youth prospects, without a shadow of a doubt, Peter has had the most productive season. Despite scoring ten penalties this season, the total haul of 22 goals is still hugely impressive. The Arsenal 'Frank Lampard' even managed to create 9 goals for his team-mates during his 38 starts in all competitions. The English CM-A grew in most attacking attributes in the past year and with champions league football in the upcoming season, Hurst will continue to get lots of high level game time to continue his development.

Player Focus - Youth Prospect Signings

Jerome Chapman

QVU9ml6.jpg

Sap1ZMn.jpg

Jerome has had a positive first season as our first-choice ball winner, creating 5 and scoring just one in 34 starts.

Jimmy White

6yPSojP.jpg

m2PRBwy.jpg

The English central defender has seen most of his defensive stats improved after making 29 starts in a productive season.

Thomas Hart

hOrNFN8.jpg

SadYAoO.jpg

The English 'Cristiano Ronaldo' performed arguably better than the Portuguese in their debut seasons. Thomas managed 11 goals, 8 assists and 7 man of the match awards in just 28 starts and I am excited to see if he can improve on his terrific first season.

arsenal-fc-logo.png

Pre-season 2031/32 - Arsenal F.C.

Board Expectations

English Premier League: Qualify for Champions League

Champions League: Reach First Knockout Round

FA Cup: Reach Final

Capital One Cup: Not important

Expectations rose considerably after last season's over-achievement. Having finished runners-up in the premier league, we are understandably expected to qualify for the champions league this time round. The lads are also expected to reach the first knockout round of the champions league after years of absence in Europe's elite football competition. The toughest of them all is that we are expected to reach the final of the FA Cup but I am willing to risk the board's wrath by playing the youngsters again.

Summer Transfers

Orlando Adams

D48ei9i.jpg

Just that one player in this time round as there is a distinct lack of English quality on the market. Orlando is a solid full-back brought in from good old Fulham and the Englishman anticipates defensive situations really well. He will go straight into my starting 11 in the right-back spot.

Improvement of Financial Situation

tmmovZF.jpg

EV8kMlV.jpg

We were able to clear our debts and climb up the financial ladder after offloading the overpaid foreign players and paying considerably less to the English youngsters.

iATRon5.jpg

Last but not least, a certain member of the Invincibles returns \o/

Great stuff. Had no idea Becks would be so well-suited to the management game. I like the new emphasis on youth, nurturing a star is the best part of the game for me.

Weird seeing Jeremy Peace as Arsenal chairman- and I also get the annoying reference to a cup defeat that took place years earlier in my news reports!

Cheers mate! I have always wanted to focus on youth development on the game too, thus while waiting for the England job to come along, it is the perfect time to do so!

To be honest I am not too sure if that's the West Brom Jeremy Peace as I am in 2032. Nevertheless he's now looking to sell the club and we have received a couple of unsuccessful takeover bids!

Cheers mate! I have always wanted to focus on youth development on the game too, thus while waiting for the England job to come along, it is the perfect time to do so!

To be honest I am not too sure if that's the West Brom Jeremy Peace as I am in 2032. Nevertheless he's now looking to sell the club and we have received a couple of unsuccessful takeover bids!

Regardless of what I plan in starting a save, I end up developing really young squads, some of the best stuff in the game.

Always a shame to see United go back to their traditionally OP selves.

Hope you can bring them down soon. :thup:

Cheers mate! Man United are having an absolutely off season!

Regardless of what I plan in starting a save, I end up developing really young squads, some of the best stuff in the game.

Same here! Younger players have better re-sale value and it's always great to see green arrows on their attributes throughout the season!

Youth Intake 2032

Gordon Gregory

BEXRHFf.jpg

It was a much better intake this time round as we had a couple of three and a half stars potential players coming in. However, out of those top youth prospects, only one was English and his development will be tailored towards the Frank Lampard CM-A role. Gordon already has 15 for long shots and is very quick for a 16-year-old. He reminds me of a young Paul Pogba and with some work on his first touch and passing, the determined Englishman can grow to be a top top midfield player for England \o/

MrKv7UU.jpg

Never expected us to break Man United's stranglehold on the title so soon but I believe it was due to their underachievement rather than our over achievement as they finished 20 points behind in 3rd place.

JwMsjkt.jpg

Some nice words from Rambo \o/

arsenal-fc-logo.png

Season Review 2031/32 - Arsenal F.C.

Premier League

nl0HrZl.jpg

Unbelievable achievement as we managed to wrestle the premier league title away from Man United. The mighty Red Devils were champions for the past nine seasons (YES NINE! :eek:) and I was surprised to see them slip down to 3rd this time round. Despite not scoring the most number of goals, our excellent defensive record (26 goals against in 38 games) saw us bag the title 9 points ahead of our nearest rivals Liverpool. Fantastic showing by my very young and very English team!

Capital One Cup

TlGxyn1.jpg

A very early cup exit but it was understandable as we drew our biggest rivals and were unlucky in the penalty shootout loss.

FA Cup

1e2ikKE.jpg

Another disappointing cup exit as we were on the wrong end of a five goal thriller in the Fourth Round. All three goals by Southampton resulted from defensive errors by our young English defenders.

Champions League

0DZGKVm.jpg

x0tVS6c.jpg

Our first season back in the champions league was an even bigger surprise than our premier league title win as the boys defied all odds to lift Europe's elite trophy. We qualified from the group stages in second place behind Schalke before facing my former club Juventus in a tough First Knockout Round tie. I was prepared for the worst after a goal-less home leg but the lads were brilliant in Turin as we knocked the big boys out 2-1 on aggregate. Tough tests against Napoli, PSG and Real Madrid followed but the boys continued their miraculous run and emerged as worthy champions after coming through all the tests unbeaten.

VbUZoPl.jpg

Even Arsene was surprised!

pvIDbCv.jpg

Lastly, does anyone know what this means?

I don't think becoming a PLC will mean anything at management level.
Excellent work!

Not sure what it means for FM, but wouldn't plc be a publicly licensed club, like Man Utd, able to be listed on the stock exchange, etc?

I have since read up and I think it meant we will be releasing profits to stakeholders from now on! Hardly good news for a manager!

Shouldn't Wenger be dead by now?

Apparently not! He is 83 on my game now! ;)

I have since read up and I think it meant we will be releasing profits to stakeholders from now on! Hardly good news for a manager!

Just spend every penny of profit. That'll **** them off. ;)

Just spend every penny of profit. That'll **** them off. ;)

I am struggling to restrain myself but I have to adhere to the rules I set earlier! ;)

Wow, just caught up with this thread.

Thoroughly enjoyable read thus far! :thup:

Cheers mate! Great to have you around! :D

PLC stands for Public Limited Company.

Well done on the Premier League, Champions League double.

Although Jimmy White looks nothing like Jimmy White.

Thanks as usual mate! Jimmy looks like the hybrid of Fellaini and Witsel :eek:

arsenal-fc-logo.png

Pre-season 2032/33 - Arsenal F.C.

Board Expectations

English Premier League: Win Premier League

Champions League: Reach Quarter Final

FA Cup: Win FA Cup

Capital One Cup: Not important

After last season's surprise double, the board expectations shot up as they expected us to win both the premier league and FA Cup this time round. The boys over-achieved in the last campaign and we definitely do not have the best squad in the league. I know it will be a struggle but I will continue to give the young players game time and place emphasis in youth development ahead of trophies.

Summer Transfers

Larry Kane

I needed a left-back as both of our current ones are in their thirties and Larry's name alone is worth the transfer fee. The young full-back is incredibly brave and strong and he will challenge our club captain for the first choice left-back spot in the upcoming campaign.

Fankaty Howell

As our South Korean captain is in his thirties, I made the painful decision to replace him with a young English striker in Fankaty. To my horror..

VJvv4mQ.jpg

..he broke his foot in pre-season and I had to scramble to sign another English striker on loan.

Ben Chadwick

Ben was signed on loan to make up the numbers after the horrific injury suffered by Howell. The 21-year-old is a decent finisher and he will get some game time in the 'Poacher' role.

Grant Wharton

Grant was signed after my first choice right-winger was ruled out for 4 months (Yes another injury! :mad:) right before the deadline day. The English leader is one of the most technically gifted player in world football and he will get lots of game time out wide this season.

Grant Wharton

Grant was signed after my first choice right-winger was ruled out for 4 months (Yes another injury! :mad:) right before the deadline day. The English leader is one of the most technically gifted player in world football and he will get lots of game time out wide this season. [/center]

One of the most technically gifted players in the world has 0 England caps...

Remarkably true to life!

One of the most technically gifted players in the world has 0 England caps...

Remarkably true to life!

It's quite unbelievable to be honest! He's definitely international class!

Larry Kane? Hmm, I wonder where that name came from :D

I was checking out his profile to see if there are any relations to a certain England striker :D

Larry Kane is so close to being a great name, Fankaty Howell however is.............?

Oh DB, how long have you been playing FM for :D

Well Beckham isn't known for being the sharpest tool in the box is he?;)

I fell for that in FM14 anyway, though I don't really know how I would have spent that in Singapore.

Larry Kane is so close to being a great name, Fankaty Howell however is.............?

Well Beckham isn't known for being the sharpest tool in the box is he?;)

I fell for that in FM14 anyway, though I don't really know how I would have spent that in Singapore.

'Fankaty' seems like one spelling error to be honest!

And this was the first time I saw the April Fools' joke on FM!

arsenal-fc-logo.png

Season Review 2032/33 - Arsenal F.C.

Premier League

aKCCGdx.jpg

The only disappointment of the season and the only trophy which eluded us. We started the season badly as I struggled to put together our strongest 11. Those dropped points early on in the campaign proved costly as we lost out on the title by two points.

Capital One Cup

L4a3534.jpg

FA Cup

MYAqXlE.jpg

The youngsters were excellent in both domestic cup competitions as we managed to capture both trophies \o/

Champions League

YXysA68.jpg

F36avxB.jpg

We huffed and puffed and managed to get there in the end after overcoming two of my former clubs (Bayern and Valencia) + the mighty Real Madrid along the way. FC Porto was our final hurdle and the boys did not disappoint as they managed to beat the Portuguese club 3-1 to lift our second consecutive champions league trophy.

CXMqZ5m.jpg

Unbelievable achievement by the kids!

Academy graduates coming of age

Patrick John

dtNkvHw.jpg

DquNXCw.jpg

Patrick has come far since I arrived at the club three seasons ago. He had 13 goals and 5 assists in 20 league appearances last season and managed to go one step further this time round, scoring 20 and creating a further 5 in all competitions. He will be the first choice poacher in our 4-4-2 home tactic next season.

Paul McKenzie

hslEFDH.jpg

gEbgCGz.jpg

The next 'Nicky Butt' isn't first choice yet but he will be in the next campaign as I plan to make him my first choice midfield anchor. Paul has grown by leaps and bounds over the years and is looking a proper all-rounded defensive midfielder.

Sheldon Welch

45twlmb.jpg

YEFJtzL.jpg

Sheldon has proved to me that his lack of aggression isn't much of an issue as he managed to establish himself as part of my first choice central defense for the past two seasons. Can't believe he's only 21!

What's Next?

Vincenzo Montella is still in charge at England and the Italian doesn't look like he's leaving anytime soon :mad: I will continue developing English players at the Emirates Stadium until I manage to win the World Cup with England.

Archived