Logos and competition names FM15

clayton373

Apologies as I am certain this is already somewhere, but I've even used the search function and still can't find it (useless I know).

Where can I get the download which loads all team logos and competition names for FM15?

Also how would I install it? I use Linux (if that makes any difference).

Thanks!

Downloaded the FM15 licenses pack, however the Linux instructions don't appear to work on mine. It directs me to "/home/user/steam...." ect. This doesn't even exist :| the only files i have are the "documents/sports interactive/football manager 2015.

Tried putting the downloaded files in editor data, skins and add ons, none of which worked

User.... there is no user directory at all.

I have to go to home/documents/sports interactive etc. and follow that route, but that doesn't work in any of the folders.

"user" will be your username on your PC. So if you "cd" to /home and then run "ls" you should see a folder for your user name. "cd" into it, then run "ls -a" and you should see the hidden ".local" folder. You can then "cd" to share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Football Manager 2015/data/db/1500. Are you using the GUI or terminal? Terminal will be much quicker than the GUI, and the GUI may have hidden files/folders turned off by default

metal_guitarist of interest are you using Linux and if so do you find it better than windows, as I am thinking of giving it a go for FM15 cheers

Not so much at home (I use it mostly at work - I'm a Linux admin amongst other things) due to other games I play being Windows-only but I did spin up Linux Mint 17 on my spare SSD and run FM14 off of it for a bit. If your machine is slightly older then it'll run better on Linux than Windows due to there being less overhead from the OS, but if you've got a high-end machine there's not really any noticeable difference.

As for whether it's "better" than Windows, it really depends on your circumstances. If FM is the only game you really play, you want to save money on buying Windows/Office licenses and you're looking for something a bit different then sure, fire up a copy of Ubuntu 14.04 and delve right in. You can do most administration of your PC from the GUI, but if you really want control then learn the command line (my preferred input). It has other benefits such as being harder to infect with malware/viruses etc and being more customisable if you really know what you are doing. The main place where a lot of people fall down are device drivers, be it for your graphics card or a USB scanner or printer etc. Linux is still some way behind Windows in that respect. There are drivers out there but not everything is covered. If you haven't got anything too obscure then you should be okay, but it might require a bit of tweaking and Googling to get right.

If you run other games that aren't compatible and are happy with your system as it is then unless you are desperate to make the move I wouldn't bother. I'd still take a Linux server over a Windows server though :p

thanks for that update, feedback I have had are from users with older laptops so that explains why they said its quicker than windows, I will give it a try just out of interest but I have a high end machine and that SSD makes a big difference. I just do not like windows8, found 7 much better thanks again. Looking forward to the new editor I am sure we all are and finally getting to play around with it cheers

thanks for that update, feedback I have had are from users with older laptops so that explains why they said its quicker than windows, I will give it a try just out of interest but I have a high end machine and that SSD makes a big difference. I just do not like windows8, found 7 much better thanks again. Looking forward to the new editor I am sure we all are and finally getting to play around with it cheers

Didn't mind Windows 8, just used the desktop instead of the Start Screen. Under the hood it was miles ahead of Windows 7. If you can bear to wait til next year then Windows 10 will be out as a free update (from what I've read anyway) and the start menu is back. If you want to go down the Linux route then Ubuntu 14.04 is the best place to start. Ubuntu is pretty user-friendly if you're just starting out, there is a 14.10 but 14.04 has Long Term Support (5 years) where as 14.10 support will only last 9 months from release.

If you've got any further questions on it, drop me a PM, otherwise we'll clog up clayton's topic!

Archived