FM15 - The Vanarama Conference, North & South thread

CityAndColour

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll check for you in about ten minutes - had a hard drive crash and had to re-install Windows, so starting again with Leamington.

EDIT - Doesn't look like it, however if it was recent it may have been after the data lock. Loading all players from the Hellenic league may get him though.

That sucks about losing your save. I am starting my Leamington game again too as it went downhill after the beta version ended. Need to start fresh and not rush it this time. Are you going to stick with the 3-5-2 wing back formation? I think I might go 4-4-2 this time, although I like Magunda in the DM spot.

Hey guys, in The conference Premier what clubs are part time (if any)?

Same question in south and north.

Just don't want to manage a part time club, that's all.

Thanks

I believe the only full time club in the North/South is Stalybridge.

As for the Premier, the following are part time (off the top of my head):

AFC Telford

Alfreton

Dartford

Welling

Nuneaton

Dover

Southport

Altrincham

Braintree

Halifax

I don't remember if Woking are full or part time, but you can see when you go to choose a club whether they are professional or semi-professional.

That sucks about losing your save. I am starting my Leamington game again too as it went downhill after the beta version ended. Need to start fresh and not rush it this time. Are you going to stick with the 3-5-2 wing back formation? I think I might go 4-4-2 this time, although I like Magunda in the DM spot.

Going to stick with the same tactics yeah, as they saw us massively overachieve the first time around.

I'm playing an online game with a friend, as we do every version, which we both started unemployed. He got the Wrexham job(and has since been sacked) and I ended up at Kidderminster where I finished 10th place, 3 points off of the playoffs spots. The club is in debt and I have no room to move in wages or fees of course, think I'll be losing a number of first team players due to not being able to renew their contracts. Due to this I can see a long drawn out pre-season with tons of players coming in on trial to gauge stats and reports.

Can see my squad being flooded with young inexperienced lads for the new season, could be a rough year.

Oh and Lincoln Ciyy have just been taken over by a Czech tycoon! So that should make things interesting..

AFC Telford

Alfreton

Dartford

Welling

Nuneaton

Dover

Southport

Altrincham

Braintree

Halifax

I don't remember if Woking are full or part time, but you can see when you go to choose a club whether they are professional or semi-professional.

Woking should be. Aldershot are in the game which strictly is incorrect as we train full time hours, just one day less a week.

AFC Telford

Alfreton

Dartford

Welling

Nuneaton

Dover

Southport

Altrincham

Braintree

Halifax

Thanks mate!

How about Chester? They were a part time club in fm14. I wanted to be them but that put me off so I went with Kidderminster instead.

My local team too, have also started a game with them!

Currently 4th after 14 or so games 4 points off the top but have 2 games in hand along way to go but would bite your hand off for a top 6 finish

Also in the Fa Cup 1st round

Play counter 4-4-2 - direct , high tempo , pressing and drop deeper

Currently 4th after 14 or so games 4 points off the top but have 2 games in hand along way to go but would bite your hand off for a top 6 finish

Also in the Fa Cup 1st round

Play counter 4-4-2 - direct , high tempo , pressing and drop deeper

I will get back on with them tonight I think. Was thinking similar type tactics, although I'm not convinced any tactics work in the lower divisions in this Fm.

What a start to life in the Football League with Gateshead. Tipped for relegation but sitting pretty at the top of League 2 after the first 19 games (W12 D3 L4).

Standout players have been youngster George Glendon (ex Man City youth released at the end of the first season) & Rob Lehane (8 Goals, 5 Assists).

To top it off we have a trip to Old Trafford coming up in a few weeks in the 3rd round of the FA Cup, should be interesting!

Seriously struggling to get a good lower league tactic going at all in this version. Everything I try seems to work well for the first 5 or so games and then completely fall away. For those that are having some success what formation and playing style are you using?

Stayed up in my firt season after a good run of games. Second season I am predicted to finish 20th! Spent a lot of time looking for some new players and changed my tactis around a lot! Now sitting 2nd after 12 games! Good start and winning games that I shouldn't be! Signed frannie collin from Maidstone United who has scored 11 in 14 and I signed peter sweeney on a free as well! He is getting on a bit but still does a shift in the midfield! I have started playing 4-3-3 rather than 4-5-1 which has made my team more fluid

Seriously struggling to get a good lower league tactic going at all in this version. Everything I try seems to work well for the first 5 or so games and then completely fall away. For those that are having some success what formation and playing style are you using?

My tactic currently, which is working well:

GK (d)

CB (d)

CB ©

CB (d)

WBL (s)

WBR (a)

B2B (s)

AP (a)

MC (d)

AF (a)

DLF (s)

Control, flexible. Starting shouts are "shorter passing", "work ball into box", "stay on feet" and "close down more".

I'm a big believer in implementing the style of football you want to play no matter what the level, rather than changing depending on the level (ie - long balls in non league). It's just a matter of finding the right players.

Afternoon Guys! Not having a bad season at the moment! Can't seem to string a few decent set of results together wich is frustrating! 8 games left in the season and I am 4th! Eastleigh are running away with the title but if I can get into the playoff I will be happy! Predicted 20th for my second season with Dover so I am happy with how things are going, here is my team that I have been using:

GK: Mitch Walker

RB: Craig Stone

LB: Habergham

CB: Allan Massey

CB: Connor Essam

CM: John Spicer/ Liam Bellamy

CM: Peter Sweeney

CM: Jon Wallis

AML: Sam Williams/ Cook

AMR: Daley/Nathan Elder

STC: Frannie Collin

Frannie Collin has been phenomenal and kept me in the play off races scoring 28 goals in 36 starts in the league and adding 9 assists.

Daley has also been decent chipping in a few goals and assists

Just hoping to stay in the hunt for play offs and maybe sneak into league 2. Here is hoping!!

started with western-super-mare as i always start with them when it comes to lower league (like the name, also got them to the championship in fm11) it's bloody hard but good fun though, expected to come last, coming mid table after 12 games (4-4-4), only got 1.8k a week to work with, got a fair few players in and managed to only be 3 pounds over my wage budget, still lose money very fast kinda annoying, nearly 15k in debt now! lots of crazy scored happening, constantly either winning 7-2 or losing 5-3! will keep you kids updated

Hey, wanted to share my Chester save so far.

I've had a hugely busy transfer window brought in 19 players over the summer and more or less released the whole squad, also now slightly in debt i think close to 100K (due to the compensation i had to pay everyone for releasing and agent fees), probably less now.

Transfers in:

Filip Mentel, GK - Free

Mansour Assoumani, CB - Free

Valentin Gjokaj, CB - Free

Sam Sodje - Free

Robbie Threlfall, DL - Free

Louis Tomlinson, DR - Free

Hrovje Kovacevic, DM - Free

Charlie Allen, CM - Free

Yusuf Ozcan, AMR - Free

Ibrahim Atiku, AMR - Free

Eurico Sebastiao, STC - Free

De'jaune Taylor-Crossdale, STC - Free

Dominic Smith, DC - Loan

Leo Chambers, DR - Loan

Bryn Morris, DM - Loan

Aidan Nesbitt, AML - Loan

Tom Eaves, STC - Loan

Danny East, DRL - Loan

There is a keeper as well on loan forgot his name

Transfers out:

Everyone except - Danny Harrison, Ibou Touray, John Rooney, Michael Kay, Gareth Roberts, jamie menagh

I know huge change, but i also got rid of the entire back room staff and brought in my own. Overall, this is a huge overhaul but it is working as I have been playing 4-3-3 DM Wide or 4-4-2 Wide.

Started off very rocky in pre season losing to the likes of my under 21's, swansea under 21's, ashton utd and hearts but then the team started to gel and i've won every game since, we are not scoring many goals as we are only really winning 2-0 at most but then again we have won 10 in 10 in the league!

Sam Sodje, now there's a lower league name from the past! He used to be excellent circa FM07/08 from memory.

Anyway will be interesting to see how quickly your squad gels, also surprised you got rid of Craig Mahon, unless you don't play with wingers? Also Tom Peers developed well as a striker on FM14.

Are you using Sebastiao as a first team player or a prospect? He is tearing it up for me at Leamington with 18 goals in 18 games.

@ Dunphs: Sam Sodje is 35 and yes very decent even for a 35 year old!

@CityAndColour: The squad has gelled as i played a fair few friendlies and I guess their experience helps as most have played in english leagues before either higher or at this level.

Sebastiao i loaned out and my wingers are great, I've got Atiku, Aidan Nesbitt and Yusuf Ozcan for wingers plus threlfall who is a very god winger (even though he is against this!)

Into the playoff final vs Eastleigh! Will update tonight! Hopefully with good news! Got very lucky in the semis v Kidderminster! The board have just injected some money in the club as well! So hopefully I will have a few quid to spend if i get into league 2.

@astrialthemighty - seems like you have a decent squad and started really well. Good luck!

Great stuff dunphs, look forward to hearing how you get on.

astrial - I use Sebastiao as a striker, as I don't think he has the attributes to play wide, despite his capabilities there. He is very good as an advanced forward but there are probably better options for you in the first season up front.

Do you play Rooney in the midfield or up front?

Am over half way through with Welling and doing pretty well. They have a good foundation and if you manage to bring in a goal scorer like I have (18 in 33 so far) you will cause a few surprises. Am currently 7th with 12 to go. Young winger rod young starts on loan but returns in January and is like a great new singing. 6 goals in 8 from the wing which is more then my previous two wide men combined managed for the whole first half of the season.

Great stuff dunphs, look forward to hearing how you get on.

astrial - I use Sebastiao as a striker, as I don't think he has the attributes to play wide, despite his capabilities there. He is very good as an advanced forward but there are probably better options for you in the first season up front.

Do you play Rooney in the midfield or up front?

I play rooney in midfield as an Advanced playmaker/deep lying playmaker, he has a very good range of passing, i tried him upfront for a couple games and i found his shooting and contribution was terrible for the way i play so keep him in midfield.

I could never really get the best out of sebastiao upfront! Then again i didn't really give him much game time in pre-season after de'jaune joined

Back to back promotions with Gateshead and I'm now sitting 5th in League 1 after 32 games (2016/17 season) - Not getting my hopes up with a 3rd successive promotion but hopefully a playoff final at least!

Helped on mostly by this bargain signing from Kettering for only £12k compensation..

vxfevo.png

Already one of my top players so I'm building my squad around this lad!

Morning everybody! Well my day with dover at wembley was certainly nailbiting drawing 2-2 with Eastleigh then going to Penalties where we won 3-0!

So now 6 games into league haven't won yet, really struggling to get a win. Beat Gateshead in the preliminary round of the Capital Cup, then got beat 4-1 by Barnsley!

Then in the Johnstones Paint Trophy beat Swindon who are in League 1 3-0 with a first start and a brace from a 19 y/0 Ged Oldin who then got injured for 8 weeks.

Sitting 23rd as Crawley haven't got a point yet! Just hoping we can string a few results together and stay in touch with the pack, couldn't really sign any players that were good enough for me! Going to be a long hard season but worth it! Up the whites!

Started With Barnet over the weekend.

I'm equal top after five games on 13 points, 4 wins and 1 draw.

Playing 4231 Control Flexible.

Jon Nurse (WG A), Lee Cook (IF S), David Stephens (CD), Mauro Vilhete (WG A/IF S) and Charlie MacDonald (AF A) have been stand out players.

Brought in Filip Mentel (GK, freebie), David October (DL, freebie), Kristian Kostrna (DR, freebie), Jak McCourt (MC, Leicester Season loan 0pw), Tommy O'Sullivan (MC Cardiff Season loan 0pw), Dominic Smith (DC, Shrewsbury Season loan 0pw) and Mathijs Benard (AMC, freebie from Westlandia).

O'Sullivan has been a stand out too as a DLP S at MC or AP at AMC. Kostrna too at DR as FB S.

Lovin the save so far and hoping for long and successful save. :)

Back to back promotions with Gateshead and I'm now sitting 5th in League 1 after 32 games (2016/17 season) - Not getting my hopes up with a 3rd successive promotion but hopefully a playoff final at least!

Helped on mostly by this bargain signing from Kettering for only £12k compensation..

vxfevo.png

Already one of my top players so I'm building my squad around this lad!

What a talent, it's rare to find a player you can take all the way to the prem. Nice find!

Think I should mention Izak Reid who I have at Barrow. He plays WM (a) and he's perfect at bombarding the box with crosses. He stays out there as well which is fine as he has good defensive stats and a good work rate.

Barrow's strike force of Jason Walker and Andy Cook should score hatfuls - they have done well to get both back to the club.

200px-Gateshead_FCsvg_zpsbad7945d.png

Gateshead FC - League 1 End of Season Review - 2016/17

wmgl92.png

Great first season in L1, tipped for relegation but despite a bad run of form towards the end of the season we managed to secure 6th place and a spot in the Play-offs.

PLAY OFFS -

Portsmouth finished 3rd so we drew them at home in the first leg which I thought could give us an opportunity to gain an advantage, 4 minutes into kick-off that idea was out of the window. Pompey had taken the lead with a close ranged finish from Adii Rabi, the game fizzled out and finished 1-0.

The second leg came around quick and we set off on the long trip to Fratton Park hoping for revenge. A shaky 1st half ensued with chances from both teams so a change of tactics and assertive team talk were on the cards for the restart. It obviously affected the young Cameron Stewart who put us in front on 55 minutes but it was one way traffic until full time with MOTM Ibrahima Sy pulling out all the stops with save after save to keep us in with a chance. Extra time began with much of the same story and Rabi put Pompey back in the lead within 2 minutes of the start, a risky sub later pulled off when young centre half Matt Billings (academy player) scored from a corner and it was game on! We were absolutely knackered and there were tackles flying everywhere until the 119th minute when a missed clearance from a Portsmouth defender allowed Dag Alexander Olsen to poach home a winning goal and we were off to Wembley!

2mzbqm1.png

THE FINAL!

We were facing Peterborough after they beat Crewe in the Semi's and we knew we were up for a challenge with the likes of Modibo Maiga & Mehdi Abeid appearing in their starting XI. 32 Minutes in and we were 2-0 down with goals from the aforementioned Maiga and Charlie Atkinson, we upped the tempo and the fightback began. The 17yr old Ben Shortland handled the pressure of the big game and netted a close ranged header 4 minutes later & right on the stroke of half time equalised with a sublime left-footed finish just inside the box. The HT team talk was a nervy one but I encouraged the lads to continue their pressure and it paid off in the 50th minute when Shortland rounded off his Hat-trick with another header to complete the comeback! We defended well for the remaining 40 and saw the game out and promotion to the Championship was ours!

2qvs31g.png

What a save this is turning out to be! Particularly looking forward to next season's local derbies with the recently relegated Newcastle & Sunderland!

Archived