ri916's FM15 Youth Academy Challenge

yr87C2z.jpg

Dulwich Hamlet

Season 6 Review (2020/21)

League Table | League Positions Graph | Squad Stats | Transfers | Finances

Competitions

Conference South : 1st - Results 1 | Results 2

Player of the Year

Umar Okonkwo (YP 01) was untagged in season one, and has become a fantastic performer. Great physicals and a model professional personality which cover up a lot of technical deficiencies. In the attacking role in our midfield 4, Umar was the man! 11 goals and 18 assists from left midfield and he scooped the Vanarama South Player of the Year award.

Season Review

BOOM!

A great season! We started off strong, going unbeaten in our first 9 league games, before losing both games in a league/cup double header to Dartford as I suffered short term injuries to my senior and u21 goalkeepers. We picked back up again, and stayed in the top 3 all season. Staines led most of the way, but stumbled badly down the stretch. We had a 3 point lead over Staines and Margate with 2 games to go, and after seeing that they both dropped points and we won, the prize was finally ours! Champions!

Youth Intake

A decent intake, but again it loaded us up with attacking talent. A little more in the way of defensive cover would be very welcome.

Dan Pestle (YP 06A) - A high potential attacking midfielder who will be trained at MC. Great mentals.

Steve King (YP 06B) - Another youth with great potential reports, although his finishing is currently worrying.

Ed Monakana (YP 06C) - Another forward, but this time slow but a good finisher.

Jordan Sampayo (YP 06D) - A right sided midfielder (not really a need!) who will need to improve in the u18s to make an impact.

Miscellaneous

The tactical switch definitely worked. We were rarely in trouble in games, although there were a handful when we were the poorer side and paid for it. As we ticked over into January there was a sudden noticeable shift in the games and teams were paying us a lot more respect. We drew 3 and then lost 1 and then we were losing a second game before it dawned on me. Down 0-1 at home, I switched from Counter (which we had religiously stuck to all season) to Attack. We conceded a 2nd as we were too adventurous, so I switched to Control. We were much better, but the ridiculous finish of 4 goals from the 86th minute onwards for a 4-2 win certainly flattered us. It was however the signal to switch mentalities to try and break down the more defensive set-ups we started facing. It worked, but not away from home where we lost 3 and drew 1 in the 4 away games I tried Control. I switched back to Counter for our last two away games of the season and we won them both! Looks like Control at home and Counter away from home, once we are comfortable in the league. Which obviously will not be the case next year in the Vanarama Conference. Counter for all games again I imagine.

As the season wore on we naturally transitioned away from our 2 senior forwards, and the trio of Seb Vanson (YP 05C), Mel Dovey (YP 05E) and Andy Talbott (YP 05D) took over up front. All 3 played well, but slightly inconsistently as you might expect from 16/17 year olds.

Perhaps the biggest revelation was Ramuel Stanford (YP 02), who excelled at DC. An ever-present except for 2 games he missed with the flu. Do not give up on untagged youths in this years challenge!

Season 7 Targets

* Survival!

* Upgrade something

Trophy Cabinet

Vanarama South Champions - 2020/21

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, great season there, Braumiller! And congrats on promotion. It seems like the tactical shift worked good for you and from the position chart you seem to have had it under control throughout the season.

One thing I noticed about your youth intake that I've also noticed in mine is that a lot of the youngsters have many different positions they are capable of playing in. I'm not sure if this is because we should have more room to change positions to suit the attributes better, or if it's just "accidental" from SI, but I like it. I've had some success with changing short central defenders with low jumping skill to defensive midfielders and strikers to wingers so far.

Holy crap, just noticed that the default youth contracts have gone from £5pw to £80pw!!!

I have some of my better youths signed to PT deals on £25 and now making less than a 1/3rd of the default youth deal....

Going to have to be more selective going forward on youth intake day and signing youth deals

Wow, full time is excellent for the youth and their progression! Congrats Braumiller! I wish my board would do something like that... :rolleyes:

Edit: Just asked my board, and must say I applaud SI for the answer even though it was negative. It actually felt like the board gave a valid reason matching their current ambition in their answer. :applause:

Jambo 98 - Youth Challenge Attempt 1 - Scotland - Cove Rangers

cove.jpg

Season 7 - 2021/22

Manager Profile

The Competitions

Division - Scottish League 1

Final Position - 6th

Past Postions - Link

Challenge Cup - Knocked out round 1 by Montrose

League Cup - Knocked out round 1 by Cowdenbeath

Scottish Cup - Knocked out round 3 by QOS (entered at Round 3)

The Season Summary

League

Overall a nice solid improvement. We didnt start well, losses in both cup competitions before the league season even commenced put our morale down a bit. 7pts from our opening 10 games was not a good return and had us bottom for a few weeks. We were playing not terrible, so i knew if i could just put together a couple of results i could move back up, as the table was always close.

A couple of wins early in October was followed by 4 straight defeats which wasnt good. We then picked up 7pts from 3 games as things started to improve for us. We then had crazy inconsistent form. In addition to the 10 game run i posted earlier of "WLWLWLWLWL" i also had a 7 game spell where i went WLWLWLW.

We tweaked the tactics around the turn of the year in attempt to get our 2 excellent CM's more involved. We moved from direct passing to short passing and asked the team to exploit the middle. It worked somewhat, our overall results were better but still the odd game where we were poor.

Winning every second game over a period was actually moving us up the table nicely, and we got to within 4pts of a playoff berth with about 6 games to go. A couple of defeats killed that dream, before we ended WWDD to ensure a nice mid table finish. Annoyingly the last of those draws allowed Stranraer to nip above us on GD and deprive us of a top half finish.

Cups

Moving swiftly onwards.....

POTY (Non Tagged Youths/original players only)

Again 2 non tags stood out, and both are actually original players.

Patrick Martin - The renaissance man! After being our best player over the first 2/3 seasons, then being a bit of a nothing man for 2 years, he had a new lease of life when retrained as a left winger (thanks to the squad analysis). Will remain first choice in that role next year likely

Aarron Scully - A mention for a defensive stalwart. He has now played 230 games for me between LB and CB and although he isnt flashy, and at times i wished i had better options, his Ave Rating is no disgrace for our level

The Youths

The Intake

Youth Intake Season 6 - Phew. I really really needed some defenders and i got them. Not on a star level with last years intake, but to get a good DC and LB is just what the doctor ordered. Couple of other depth pieces but overall only 2 that i see as real prospects

The New Tags

YP07a - Fraser Clark - The CB we desperately needed, as YP01a is clearly never going to develop and our other options continue to disapoint. He might well become first choice right away.

YP07b - Jimmy Fraser - A good looking left back, where we have absolutely no depth currently, and the current incumbent (an original player) has performed very poorly of late. Likely to be a rotation player next year

The Tag Updates

YP01a - Jamie Campbell - Slowly becoming our star man, from being an under performing striker to a top winger. 17 assists, Ave R over 7 and now has hit 150 appearances for me. Won a couple of POTM and mention in the POTY rumours. Good Lad!

YP01b - Jamie Scott - Again got some good amount of game time, as the alternative suggested by my squad analysis didnt perform when given a chance. Jamie was again less then spectacular, and might lose playing time to Clark next year.

YP02a - Danny Gilmour - Struggling to get game time as his established rival performs slightly better than him. I need to take the plunge and play him every week really, as the difference isnt huge and he is far younger.

YP02b - Fraser Ward - Reality caught up with him, rated very poor by my Ass man, is on non contract terms and this year he finally started to play badly. Back up material at best and possible release candidate at this stage

YP03a - Steven O'Neil - Was actually a little disapointing this year, alternated between DLP(d) and CM(a) and scored only 2 goals. Also would look for better ratings. Most worryingly, he is out of contract and wont talk to me so seems likely to leave in a months time which is a big blow

YP03b - Michael Scott - Lost to Kilmarnock for £6K compensation in Season 5:(

YP04a - Darren McDonald - Solid job again from my first choice, holding off a player the Ass Man rates much higher, but i disagree and Darren is my man between the sticks.

YP04b - Fraser McRae - Much more game time this year and rewarded me by finishing as our top scorer with 14 in 23 starts and 11 sub appearances. For now, has the edge on untagged Clark Ireland for second striker spot.

YP05a - Jim Bell - Our best player on paper by a distance but didnt really contribute enough. 2 goals and 5 assists is not much, although the change of tactic seemed to suit him and got him more involved. Might consider a slight tactical change next year to ensure we get the best out of him.

YP05b - Colin Love - Remained 4th choice striker and had limited game time, good to have a 4th choice who is at least not terrible, but little development

YP06a - Gavin Cooper - My star prospect was thrown right in the deep end as first choice striker. Struggled early season, bit of a goal drought, but had a stronger second half to finish with 13 goals and 7 assists. Want to see him kick on and aim for 20 goals next year.

YP06b - Ross Watson - Originally expected to train to a CB, but wont suit that role so has been a bench and rotation player in the middle of the park. Did ok, and if O'Neil refuses to sign a contract in the next 4 weeks, this lad might be first choice next year.

The State of the Club

Finances

End of season picture - Actually the best they have been, thanks to a couple of board investments and also much better prize money for the improved league finish.

Facilities

Current facilities picture - Really need to go professional soon :(

Changes from last year - Junior coaching upgraded to Excellent, which was actually a bit of a mistake. I went in asking for pro status, got kiboshed, so decided to ask for junior coaching out of frustration. Board refused and i was ready to accept it, but instead of clicking the accept option, i clicked on the "i dont know if i can continue in this role unless you agree" option!!! Thankfully (ish) they agreed so i wasnt out of a job because of a clicking error! Its going to be expensive though :(

Transfers

Transfer History - Clean as always, few out to balance the ones being taken on from the intake and keep the squad from being too bloated.

Career Summary

[b][u]Season          Division                    Final Position           Cups                    Achievements[/u][/b]
  1             Scottish league 2              9th                     Nowt                   Avoided Relegation
  2             Scottish league 2              6th                     Scot cup Rd5         Avoided Relegation
  3             Scottish league 2              10th                   Nowt                    Avoid Relegation (just)
  4             Scottish league 2              9th                     Nowt                    Avoided Relegation
  5             Scottish league 2              1st                     Scot cup Rd5         Promoted!!!
  6             Scottish league 1              8th                    Challenge Cup S/f   Stayed up
  7             Scottish league 1              6th                    Nowt                     Stayed up

Oooooh. One small thing that always bugged me in this challenge, regens never had a squad number preference.

Just got to the squad number assignment day, and 4 of my regens have prefered numbers! :)

3 are normal, and then my central defender wants #9..... (He got it :) )

Oooooh. One small thing that always bugged me in this challenge, regens never had a squad number preference.

Just got to the squad number assignment day, and 4 of my regens have prefered numbers! :)

3 are normal, and then my central defender wants #9..... (He got it :) )

Heh, yeah I've noticed it as well. I like it! :)

Love the odds by the way. Looks like your in for a tough season, but I suspect you'll surprise everyone ;)

Well i did lose YP03a - Steven O'Neil, refused to ever talk about a contract. Leaves a bit of a gap but hopefully someone else can step in.

Also just noticed there is a new patch (might have been on Steam for days, i only noticed now. Hopefully will make the ME a little bit better, but no doubt as with every patch, it will shoot my tactic to pieces :(

Also just noticed there is a new patch (might have been on Steam for days, i only noticed now. Hopefully will make the ME a little bit better, but no doubt as with every patch, it will shoot my tactic to pieces :(

Only went up this morning. Anxious to get some games in with the new patch, but not going to get to until very late tonight :(

New patch? Definitely not closing FM until the season is over! SI isn't going to derail my campaign! :lol:

I agree XaW, the youth players do come in a lot more versatile than they used to. It used to bug me that you'd get so many single position players when the real life database isn't at all like that.

Good progress Jambo98. Niven 2 star ability already and not worth a tag? Luxury!

bk_olympic_malm%C3%B6_thumb.png

BK Olympic - Season 1

I have been this team before and i have strong affection towards them i actually completed the challenge with them in FM14 so why not do it again

My Profile / Profile

Club History

Facility's

League Table

We gave a good account of ourselves i am hoping for better things next season hopefully a promotion or another promotion push

Squad

Finances

Transfers

Youth Candidates- I know these players will not set the world on fire so ill probably end up releasing them eventually

YP1/Report

YP1A/Report

YP1B/Report

Again we started off hot, racing to the top of the table and absolutely dominating really, we were slamming the goals in and even keeping clean sheets at the other end. I knew that couldn't last! Our defensive frailties did eventually come to bite us, perhaps as teams adjusted to us being genuine threats and looking to hit us on the counter more. By mid year it was a real battle at the top with half a dozen teams within a couple of points of each other, and every game looked vital.

I really thought we were going to throw it away at one point, after consecutive games of drawing 3-3 after being 3-0 up, then losing 3-4 after being 3-1 up. That set off a nasty little trot where we only took 5 points from 6 games and I was scared we'd miss the playoffs altogether. However perhaps a year's extra experience paid off because they then went and rattled off a huge run of 9 games unbeaten to race to the top of the table again.

Three games to go and we held a 2 point lead over Solihull Moors, and had to travel to play them. Was a real arm wrestle where the first goal was always going to be vital. They got it after 63 minutes and the score ended 4-1 as we chased them. I thought that was going to be that, it would be a playoff battle again, especially when we were 2-1 down and Dozzell off injured with a minute to play in our next game, however a goal in the 89th minute and even more amazingly our left back scoring his first ever goal at 90+2 minute gave us the win and kept our hopes alive. Post match was fist pump time as the scores revealed Solihull Moors had lost to put us back in the driver's seat! Huge news, with our massive goal difference a draw would be enough, and we were playing a bottom half team at home to close out!

Last game was a quick look through the coach reports to pick an XI that all liked big games. Wasn't sure it had worked when we quickly let in the first goal, but we levelled by half time and put in a couple more in the second half to make sure. 3-1 victory, Solihull Moors lost anyway, after 9 years of graft we're going up!

Key Players

• (16g) Nigel Ellerbeck - Untagged to start with, left on a week to week contract for the first few years, yet is easily our best midfielder. Scores vital long range goals for us too.
  • (18b) Justin Dozzell - 35 goals isn't half bad a bounce back season!
  • (16a) Adam James - 20 assists from out left from our captain. Has never made a huge jump in ability, just steady growth over the past 8 years, so hopefully yet to peak.
  • (17d) Oliver Watters - Top rated defender with no set piece goals to boost his ratings. A fill in out wide early in his career but has come into his own since being allowed to play central.

Youth Intake

Had to have a bit of a down intake eventually! Only one tag this time around.

• (24a) Screve Makengo - MC/AMC/DC - Not the quickest going around but very nice mental stats and a decent technical base to work with.

Previous Season Goals

• Promotion! - Achieved
  • Decide on which prospects are worth persisting with, and give them games even if it costs us the above goal - I've definitely got a core who receive the lion's share of game time (barring injury) now.
  • Be decisive and move players on who don't have a realistic chance of decent playing time - Let 6 players go at the start of the year

Next Season Goals

Stay up, all else is secondary. Didn't work so long to go back down!

braumiller, which skin are you using?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/407390-FM15-SKIN-Scorpio

Congrats Shakes!!! :)

After 6 and a bit years, the board finally approved a request! Bumped up our Junior Coaching, which was adequate and over time will increase to adequate! lol - Not sure the exact range of 1-20 adequate covers, but our small bump keeps us in the same name range. But it is an increase nonetheless :)

Lyra - Season 23/24

logolyra100j1.gif

Transfers - Squad

League

Big improvement from last year. We even managed to win the second "period" thanks to a run of 7 wins in 8 games. But as you can see from the promotion playoff table we still have a long way to go. Getting promoted to the Pro league too soon wouldn't be good anyway.

I very much prefer this playoff-system over the one from Third division to Second. I feel like I'm more in control when it's a mini-league and you play each team twice. You can afford a bad game and still make it.

The season had its ups and downs and I can't really settle on a tactic. I feel like the results are a bit too random and I'm having trouble controlling our play. Then again, with only one winger in the whole squad our formation choices are limited.

In other news, we got our second international call-up this season. Aldrich Tshimanga was called up for DR Congo U20s.

Cups:

We lost 0-5 to Anderlecht in the 6th round (our 3rd game). Atleast it gave us some money.

Finances

Not sure what to do really. Looks like you don't make money in the second league either so we're stuck with basic youth- and poor training facilities for now.

Top players:

1. Sven Pauwels (20D): A very good start to the season with 17 goals in 21 games. Then he suffered a bad knee injury which had him out for 8 months.

2. Léon Dierckx (19B): Another good season. Been alternating between the ball-winner- and box-to-box-role and he plays well in both.

3. Lahcen Saidi (16A): Solid player. Can run up and down the left-flank all day thanks to his pace and stamina.

Youth intake:

A decent intake. I really need a good keeper because my current one isn't very good and he's already reached his potential. Hopefully Dogru can step up eventually.

Recep Doğru (24A): A keeper. Unfortunately his attributes are pretty bad at the moment so throwing him in to the first team straight away isn't an option.

Miroslav Tomasevic (24B): A nice looking DM with 15 tackling and 13 positioning already. Could be something.

Noteworthy previously tagged youth:

Aldrich Tshimanga (20C): Got his debut for DR Congo U20s. Overall a good season from one of my best midfielders.

Goals before season:

*Safe mid-table - Success

*Upgrade something - Fail

Next season:

*Safe mid-table

*Upgrade something

XaW - Enkjöpings SK FK - Division 1 Norra - 2019

We headed into the new season with high hopes for competing for the top spots and we got off to a good start. A couple of early wins and draws gave us a good start. We continued the good form throughout the season and managed to stay in the top sport when we were heading into the final 5 matches. Incidentally this was when we got the new patch and it seems this had a major effect on my tactic. I only managed to win 1 of the final 5 matches, but luckily that was enough to keep the other teams at bay and we are promoted! I'm pretty unsure of how a try in Superettan will go, but I'm hoping we can manage to stay up.

We got another try in Svenska Cupen this season. After winning in the 1st round against Frej and in the 2nd round against IFK Luleå, I found out the rest of the cup is going next season.:confused: So I guess I'll continue this cup run next season.

We actually made a profit this season, but only due to a bank loan after a chairman election. Still, another promotion and hopefully we'll start making a real profit soon.

Youth players:

New Players:

A better youth intake than last season and I'm very happy I got a couple of good goalkeepers through.

Gunnar Larsson (YP5a) - A goalkeeper that's almost as good as our best one. Went straight into the main squad.

Stefan Månsson (YP5b) - Promoted him straight into the main squad. Versatile and talented.

Peter Palmquist (YP5c) - Talented striker with good starting attributes.

Mikael Claesson (YP5d) - Another talented goalkeeper. Happy to have him as well.

Fourth intake:

Jonas Österberg (YP4a) - Great season from the youngster.

Tom Johansson (YP4b) - Progressing well.

Third intake:

Carl Kardum (YP3a) - Another great season, our top scorer.

Nicklas Carlson (YP3b) - Not many matches this season, but did excellent when he got his chance.

Rasmus Englund (former YP3c) - Horrible season, and lost his tag.

Håkan Ericsson (former YP3d) - Seems like last season was a fad, lost his tag.

New - Tom Wennberg (YP3e) - Great progression and are a part of the main squad.

Second intake:

Stefan Skoglund (YP2a) - Solid season again.

Jens Ahl (YP2b) - Another good season, but I still wish for more from him.

Christoffer Berggren (YP2c) - Gave him some matches and he did good enough.

Stefan Johansson (YP2d) - Pestered me about first team football this season, but it's not something I could give him. Loaned him out and he did ok.

First Intake:

Mohammad Claesson (YP1a) - Injury plagued for the 3rd season in a row. I think this have stopped his progress a lot. He still plays ok, but I'm afraid he might have to go if it doesn't change.

Erik Johansson (former YP1b) - Got a couple of goalkeepers so he has no chance.

Raad Hassan (YP1c) - A better season from him than last. Progresses well.

Axel Johansson (YP1d) - After last years poor season I'm delighted he found his form again. Great season of the right wing.

Daniel Claesson (YP1e) - Mr. Solid himself. Never a poor game, but not many fantastic ones either.

Rikard Österberg (YP1f) - Continuing the negative progress, but still our best left back.

Original talents:

Miika Lyyski (YP0a) - Rotation/Backup now, but seems happy with it.

Erik Claesson (YP0b) - Once again a great season.

Season	|         League            |  Position	|    Europe	|       Top scorer      	|    Achievments
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015	| Division 2 Norra Svealand |	11th	|      N/A	| Kushtrim Trimi (15)   	|   Avoided relegation
2016	| Division 2 Norra Svealand |	 4th	|      N/A	| Mohammad Claesson (YP1a) (11) |   Solid season
2017	| Division 2 Norra Svealand |	 1st	|      N/A	| Ludwig Wallinder (24)		|   Promoted as champions
2018	| Division 1 Norra 	    |	 8th	|      N/A	| Carl Kardum (YP3a) (14)	|   Mid table
2019	| Division 1 Norra 	    |	 1st	|      N/A	| Carl Kardum (YP3a) (18)	|   Promoted as champions

Amazing XaW well done mate. Two promotions, make you the most successful on this thread, good luck next season.

Thanks, think I'm going into a hard season to be honest, but I'll try to stay up! :)

We also went professional!

nice job on another promotion Xaw. Sweden does seem good fun for this.

I am finally moving on Season 8. Patch doesnt seem to have harmed me so far. Just had a crazy match where we led 3 v 2 after only 17mins! Ended 4 v 2 with the last goal coming in injury time!

Also had to fight to keep hold of a couple of key youths in the transfer window, Hearts and Partick tried to buy them, had to sign to part time contracts (from youth contracts) sooner than i normally would to avoid them being poached.

Question - Is anyone seeing increased attendance as they move up the league? Over 7 seasons, my average attendance has gone up by a whopping 4 people. Season one was 384, the last 2 years have been 388, despite being a league higher and surely having gained some rep. We have a stadium that holds 2500 so not being restricted by that :(

Congrats XaW! Fantastic progress :thup:

Question - Is anyone seeing increased attendance as they move up the league? Over 7 seasons, my average attendance has gone up by a whopping 4 people. Season one was 384, the last 2 years have been 388, despite being a league higher and surely having gained some rep. We have a stadium that holds 2500 so not being restricted by that :(

I have, yes.

My average attendances in my 6 years in the Vanarama South were 408, 487, 513, 609, 643 & 585.

Halfway through first season in the Vanarama Conference and my average attendance is currently 1533!

Making a decent profit on the year so far (although still slightly in the red), which is awesome.

Are there much attendance differences between the AI clubs in the two leagues?

If not, then hardly any change in traveling support will be a factor :(

Yeah, I think Sweden might be one of the easier countries this time around. A good level of youth, and a horrible level of current players contribute to that, I think.

I've seen a small growth of attendance. From the first season were we had 203 people on average attending, we had 297 last season, so a small (although big percentage) increase.

Congrats XaW! Fantastic progress :thup:

I have, yes.

My average attendances in my 6 years in the Vanarama South were 408, 487, 513, 609, 643 & 585.

Halfway through first season in the Vanarama Conference and my average attendance is currently 1533!

Making a decent profit on the year so far (although still slightly in the red), which is awesome.

Are there much attendance differences between the AI clubs in the two leagues?

If not, then hardly any change in traveling support will be a factor :(

Hmm yeah actually looking through a few clubs attendances over the years there doesnt seem to be a difference between the 2 leagues. I wouldnt have expected a huge jump in my own attendence, but given that i came from non league thought maybe a 10 - 15% bump over 6 years, including a promotion would be reasonable. Maybe need at least one more before i get decent crowds, but then again this is Scotland and the average championship crowd (before this season which has 3 huge clubs in it!) would probably not break 1000.

A few more games like this might get the fans along though ..... :D

9ik5bn2.png

Ended up getting relegated with 1 games to spare. Winning 2 of our last 17 games killed us in the end, which is a shame because I got one or two tidy looking youths in the intake.

Getting back on the horse this afternoon, currently holidaying an England game up to the season changeover.

sölvesborgs_gif.gif

[League] [Results] [Squad Stats][Transfers][Finances]

Sölvesborgs Season 3 2017-2018

First Division South

League Summary

A season of consolidation, but it could have been more I think. We started so well with 4 wins in 7, I dared to think we would continue this strongly. The overachieving soon stopped and we settled into winning games we were expected to and losing against the stronger teams. We were never in danger of relegation as the bottom 3 were poor all season. Only a handful of players excelled and I feel perhaps to much rotation prevented some players contributing more. Obviously happy to survive comfortably, but after that start it is a little disappointing.

Cup

An easy first round win set us up for a second round against Landskrona, we came back from 0-2 down to go to extra time, but their quality overcame us in the end.

Youth Intake

A disappointing intake, with no real quality. We can cover for this as our young squad is still mainly intact but would like some solid centre backs soon.

Stefan Larsson (YP03a) - Decent looking winger, poor mental attributes and no chance of ousting Gustafsson from right wing, very little chance of making an impact.

Player of the Season

Frank Gustafsson - What is more impressive is how little my left winger contributes compared to him. I need someone else to create as much as he does (27 apps, 2 goals, 20 assists)

Previously Tagged

Season 1

Fredrik Jonson (YP01a) Injuries limited his playing time, very inconsistent and needs a good season to win me round

Frej Jonsson (YP01b) Missed the start of the season, but again very solid and remains a key player

Season 2

Kristoffer Selmer (YP02a) Didn't shine, will get more chances next year but needs to show more

Tobias Bryngelsson (YP02b) Made 23 appearances, solid defensively but not much going forward, will lose out if I need a more attacking CM

Season Review

A good season that has showed us we can be competitive in this league. We managed to improve junior coaching (our first upgrade). We may lose our top scorer Victor Svensson, who refuses to negotiate contract. I hope next season we are able to kick on and also become more competitive against better teams. We achieved all of our goals from last year.

Goals

1) Achieve top 5 finish

2) Settle on best 11 (especially midfield)

3) Develop a more positive tactic

Shreddie - Scotland - Wick Academy - 2016/17

Season 2

Season Overview

League - 8th Again.

Cups:

Challenge Cup - 1st Round - Forfar (H) 2-5

League Cup - 1st Round - Rangers (A) 1-4

Scottish Cup - 3rd Round - Forfar (A) 0-2 St Andrews Utd (H) 1-2 (2nd Round - Clachnacuddin (H) 7-2)

Summary

League - A real topsy turvy season. Started the season horribly with a limited pre-season which translated into poor early season league form including losing the first 6 from 6 which led to a tactical rethink. Form picked up halfway through the season and managed to climb up the table to a high of 7th before settling on last seasons finishing place of 8th.

Cups -

Improvement. Lucky with the League Cup draw to get Rangers which bagged some much needed income. And won my first ever cup game in management against Clachnacuddin in the main cup.

Everyones favourite part.....The Youths

Youth Intake All signed on.

Season 2 Intake - Three to follow

Sam Ellis - My favourite of the Season 2 intake. Right back who I'm going to convert into a central defender. Played 7 games at the end of the season and probably a good chance he is in the 1st XI for the start of the next season despite only being 15.

Brian Finnie - Young forward with some decent flair. Played 5 games at the back of the season and will probably get the occasional game now and again next season.

Stuart Brown - Blessed with two good right backs from the this youth intake but with Ellis likely to switch to CB it leaves S. Brown to challenge the senior RB for the role. Expect I will give him quite a few games next season.

Season 1 Intake - Progress

Archie Campbell - Progressed nicely this season and was an ever present in the side playing 40 games in total. Looked better in CM than DM though and will look to get him playing more in that position next season.

Gary Brown - Another player who is coming along nicely who really should be 3rd choice CB but played the majority of last season. Thinking of going with 3 CBs for next season so likely to get game time again, even with emergence of Ellis especially if my star senior doesn't sign a new contract.

Chris Mitchell - Deployed mainly as a sub last season and formation unlikely to be to his liking.

Finances & Transfers

Transfers - Clean slate

Finances - Rangers game helped out massively, expenditure going up though and had to commit to higher wages for the old senior guys. Will have to give in to demands until these youths catch them up (Archie Campbell already main CM in the side now, could do with a few more commanding 1st XI places). Board agreed to upgrade facilities after the Rangers game but pulled the plug after hemorrhaging money throughout the year. Rangers or Celtic in one the cups next year please!

Time to crack on with 17/18!

At least we started well.... Got wrecked by this guy.

8 games into the season, we have scored 23 goals and conceded 23 goals. This tells me we have a great attacking force, but a horrible defense.

I think part of that is patch related. I am finding that since the patch its goals galore. 15 games in, i have scored 33 and conceded 28 and a number of the AI teams have similar records.

Archived