ri916's FM15 Youth Academy Challenge

Not long had my youth intake, quite happy and will post in update but I'm a bit confused over this guy however. My assistant manager seems to rate him, any suggestions on his best role as his attributes seem a bit all over the place. He does have decent pace which we do not have at all!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shakes - Losing your own prospects has to be the most frustrating thing in this challenge. Then again I guess you can't expect them to play in the same league forever.

At what stage do you normally turn professional in England? L2?

Yeah, losing the prospects is fair enough - to be honest it's a bit silly nobody has made an offer for Dozzell, he's already scored over 50 career goals and is only 18, surely in real life a League 1 or 2 team would be interested? My disappointment is really I'm going to lose the only two prospects who have really developed at all - despite the glowing potential ratings given to them on intake, nobody else on my team is anything more than an average player for the level I'm at (and most not even that). I'm genuinely worried I'll get relegated once those two are gone.

It used to be league 2 where you made pro, but there are more professional teams now so maybe tier 5 is a chance instead? Might depend on finance? I'm competing against some professional teams in tier 6.

druvo - Congratulations, you had to win the playoff lottery sooner or later! Yousfi has the goods in the right areas, could definitely see him being a big goal scorer if he develops.

yr87C2z.jpg

Dulwich Hamlet

Season 4 Review (2018/19)

League Table | League Positions Graph | Squad Stats | Transfers | Finances

Competitions

Conference South : 4th - Results 1 | Results 2 - Lost in Playoff Final (again....)

Player of the Year

The good sign is this was a little tougher to award this year as I had a few candidates. Going to go with young Terry Harvey (YP 02A) for his almost ever present status in the middle of the park and leading the seasons average ratings with 7.36. I might give him a few games out on the right side of midfield next year to test him out in other roles to add to squad flexibility.

Season Review

A picture speaks a thousand words, or in this case a couple thousand supporters tears

XtCppJe.jpg

Yep, back to back playoff final defeats. Both after being in winning positions heading into the final 15 minutes of the game. The 4th goal was due to me throwing several kitchen sinks. We actually played very poorly, which is the worst part. Only two players above a 6.8 rating, including new boy Luke Brine (YP 4A) who isn't supposed to feel comfortable in such games.

Youth Intake ** I somehow lost my youth intake screenshots I took. The tagged player ones below are as of now, at the end of the season **

Luke Brine (YP 04A) - A very nice addition to the centre of the park. Brings a natural tackler to the side, which we have been missing. Only negative is that he 'doesn't feel comfortable' in the important matches. I have see worse descriptions of this, so hoping it is only a mild case.

Stephen Maloney (YP 04B) - A natural DL, but will probably find himself at DC more often than not. I need to find a long term partner for Adam Parkin (YP 03E), (Terrell Forbes just hit 38) and I am lacking options. A little short for my liking and needs work, but he is at least an option.

Geroge Kennedy (YP 04C) - Another natural DL who can also play at DC or even ML.

Josh Turnbull (YP 04D) - A tall striker who can finish. Technically not great (except his finishing) but he has a touch of the target man about him. Actually a little light on the youth striker side of things, so he should get plenty of playing time.

Jordan Dennis (YP 04E) - A standard youth GK who joins 3 or 4 others in a log jam in the youth ranks

Miscellaneous

Another year, another heartbreak. I would have been hard to imagine a tougher way to lose the Playoff Final than last year when we surrendered a 2-1 lead with 16 minutes to go. Well, this year we did it later in the game, in the 2nd period of extra time. What made it worse is that this year we hosted the Playoff Final, and we had beaten Bromley at their place not more than 2 weeks previous.

I guess we should be happy with 3 playoff appearances in our first 4 years into the adventure, but man this one hurt bad.

Tactically we were again never fully onboard 100% with anything. As we waivered late in the season I went on a back to basics mission and it was paying dividends (ignoring the playoff final....). We will continue to stick to it next year, and hope to at the very worst play the playoff lottery again.

A good old fashioned 442, straight up attacking when at home, defensive when away. I was pleasantly surprised how potent a defensive mentality proved to be away from home and will stick to it next year.

Wages continued to fall with seniors leaving and youths coming in. We dipped to around 3,100 p/w at one point, but edged a little higher as the season wore on and I offered new longer deals to key players.

A small profit registered this year, although it doesn't begin to make any noticeable dent in our overall overdraft. Poor cup showings denied us 10-20k cash as well.

Again, no upgrades and the board refused all requests during my contract negotiations again as well.

A big difference from challenge years past, where the board often kept upgrading Junior Coaching regardless of financial status. Certainly more realistic, and painful.....

Season 5 Targets

* Third time is a charm?

* Upgrade something

Trophy Cabinet

a couple of nice moths

Congrats druvo - nice to finally make it after previous playoffs. El Yousfi looks a real nice prospect, pace and finishing to start with is ideal

Unlucky Braumiller, so close again :( Still some good youths coming through at least.

U.D. Alzira - 2016/17 Season

UD_Alzira.png

| Transfers | Finances | Squad stats |

Competitions

Segunda Division B - 15th | Results- first half of season & second half of season

Copa Del Rey - Wasn’t entered, seemingly some quirk from having been in the relegation play-off the previous season. Or, possibly, a bug.

Copa Federacion - ditto

Season Review

Survived again and this time without the relegation play off. Phew! The team is still struggling, this season mostly to keep out goals (we conceded 84). Survival probably had more to do with the fact there were 4 genuinely dreadful teams, who gifted me the majority of our few wins. I don’t think we’ll get away with it next year.

Player of the year goes to Alvaro, who after being absolutely dreadful in my first season and failing to score until March, was a consistent goalscoring force. He managed 14 from 29 games which is really exceptional.

Winger Nico was more consistent than the previous season, weighing in with 9 assists and 4 goals.

The finances are looking a hell of a lot better too, I was taken over in November and they instantly wiped the financial issues away and since then they’ve been keeping everything in the black with the odd cash injection. Not got to the point yet where they’ll even consider an improvement to youth facilities but generally, I like this new board!

Youth Intake

Not the best, only really two players of note - both strikers

Ernesto Elena - Lots of pace and could well make a quality poacher

Jorge Rico - Very similar attributes to Elena, would try converting one of them to be a winger but I’m concerned about their low crossing, vision (1!) and stamina

Previously Tagged Youth

Juanma Lopez - Hasn’t progressed at all, really disappointing. Perhaps I should’ve played him in the first team but his attributes were rather lacking

Blas Osia - 8 sub appearances across the season, without much impact. Starting to show signs of improvement

Carmelo - 12 appearances for the young centre back. He was awful. Not confident in his ability at all.

Carlos - Made 19 appearances, mostly as sub, scoring 4 goals. Not a bad first season at all. Slowly improving.

Ambitions for next season

- To come comfortably midtable

- See an improvement in some of the youth players

Thanks guys.

Braumiller - Ouch again. Hopefully you can win the league next year so you don't have to rely on those cruel playoff-gods :).

Joaquimorais - That happened to me last year in England. Got promoted too soon and was relegated next season. Hope you can turn it around.

Congrats on the promotion, druvo! You did what I failed, to get promoted in Belgium! :applause: El Yousfi seems like a great talent.

Ouch, Braumiller. I feel your pain! It seems you have built up a pretty good squad that should be competitive next year as well though. Loving the tackling on Brine. The next Mascherano?

If anyone should find some consistency lying around..........maybe i left mine in here amongst the postings........ :(

What is this consistency that you speak of? :)

It is not helping that Bristol Rovers have started off the new season with 9 wins out of 9 (including when I visited).....

What is this consistency that you speak of? :)

It is not helping that Bristol Rovers have started off the new season with 9 wins out of 9 (including when I visited).....

Its like that uber attractive barmaid..........flirts with you at times, but deserts you in your hour of need..........:D

I think i have just about put together enough form to stay up in League One, aided by my keeper saving 3 pens in successive matches :eek:

lol

Just had my biggest win in FM15 so far! 3rd Qualifying Rd of the FA Cup, away at non league Frome (who knocked me out last year or the year before) and a professional 0-0. Back to our place 4 days later and we just spanked them 9-2! 5 goals for my right winger :eek:

Now for the wheels to fall off spectacularly.....

just when you think you have it figured out, have beaten the slump, pulled a little bit clear of relegation.........your team goes and turns a 3 v 1 half time lead into a 5 v 3 full time defeat..........ooft.

Started to get lots of job offers. Livingston, Raith, Stranraer. Nae Chance :D

Just had a brilliant youth striker come through. Gave him his debut and he thanked my by scoring twice, assisting once and becoming man of the match with a 9.1 rating! :D

Just had a brilliant youth striker come through. Gave him his debut and he thanked my by scoring twice, assisting once and becoming man of the match with a 9.1 rating! :D

Nice :D

I have just had similar, an excellent looking striker prospect, scored 2mins into his debut and then 4mins into his second match............

Nice :D

I have just had similar, an excellent looking striker prospect, scored 2mins into his debut and then 4mins into his second match............

Love it when this happens! :-D Had a great youth intake and several players who are going straight into the main squad. Though this could be down to the fact that most of the players I started with are rubbish! :p

XaW - Enkjöpings SK FK - Division 2 Norra Svealand - 2015

* - The transfer happened before I took over the club.

My first season in Sweden and I've enjoyed it as soon as we got through the 110 days of preseason. With a rather poor squad compared to the rest of the league I early got the impression I would have to fight for survival this season. We started good enough, but soon fell towards the bottom of the table, but we were actually never in any danger of heading into the relegation zone due to the two poorest teams in the league trailing way behind the rest. We got better after the youth intake as we got some great talents through. I'm hopeful for the next season, but I'm not expecting a promotion. A realistic would be a small climb up to a midtable spot.

For some reason we are not in any cup this year, so only 26 official games this season.

Financially we are losing some money and are just in the red. We have no sponsorships at the moment, so I hope we might get one for the next season to remedy the loss.

Youth players:

New Players:

This years youth intake was amazing! Several great players and many of them good enough for the main squad.

Mohammad Claesson (YP1a) - A great striker. Scored twice in his debut and ended the season with 5 games, 4 goals and 3 assists!

Erik Johansson (YP1b) - Talented goalkeeper I have hopes for.

Raad Hassan (YP1c) - Speedy striker, got his debut as a sub.

Axel Johansson (YP1d) - I needed a good right winger as we only had one. Got his debut.

Daniel Claesson (YP1e) - A very good defender. Went right into the first team and did good.

Rikard Österberg - Already the best left back in the squad. Went right into the team and didn't let us down.

Original talents:

Miika Lyyski (YP0a) - A great talent and one of the best midfielders in the squad. Had a great season.

Erik Claesson (YP0b) - The other part of the central midfield. An absolutely fantastic season.

Ture Håkansson (YP0c) - Talented striker, but mostly used on the left wing. Scored some goals.

Season	|         League            |     Position	|    Europe	|    Top scorer   	|    Achievments
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015	| Division 2 Norra Svealand |	    11th	|      N/A	|  Kushtrim Trimi (15)	|   Avoided relegation

I think he might have put that wide a tad.

A wee tad, yes! :p

Lol that's hilarious :D

I actually laughed and got a confused look by the missus! :lol:

That is so bad it is fantastic! :)

Xaw / Jambo98, we need sneak peek screenshots of these boys to we can hate on you a little :D

No need for a sneak peek, just posted my season review! ;)

Oh, and Mohammed Claesson is also a model professional :D

Nice job to survive XaW, Sweden is really crappy in the low divisions so once you get a bit of a squad together you can run up through the ranks. And yeah, the youth intakes are really good because the current players are awful. :)

Re collapses: I don't sub out my good players unless we're at least 4 goals up, 3 goals is definitely not a safe lead with my team's defending! :p

Nice job to survive XaW, Sweden is really crappy in the low divisions so once you get a bit of a squad together you can run up through the ranks. And yeah, the youth intakes are really good because the current players are awful. :)

Yeah, I noticed. Hopefully the youngster can progress a couple of years and we can push for promotion.

Just finished my second season in Sweden. With only 26 games throughout, the seasons fly by. Got another bunch of talented youngsters. Writing up the summary now.

I am 100% missing Sweden for this exact reason!

Just entering December in my next season :mad::D

XaW - Enkjöpings SK FK - Division 2 Norra Svealand - 2016

Our second season were much better than the first. The team is starting to get to know the tactics, and all the youngster are another year older. Before the season started we lost one of the better players in the squad when top tier club Elfborg came and offered a lot of cash. I didn't feel I could hold him back, so I let him go for a lot of cash. Still, we managed to start pretty good and were easy midtable. Then we suddenly found our form and went on a 12 match unbeaten run, including 5 in a row without conceding a goal. This pushed us up the table and into the fight for promotion, and at a point we were a single point behind the top spot. We didn't manage to keep our composure though and we lost a couple of matches towards the end and fell a couple of spots. Still, we finished in a great 4th place. For the next season we might have an outside shot of promotion, but I'll settle for a season similar to this.

No cup this year either.

Financially we are still losing a bit of cash. We got some sponsorships, but they finish this season so I'm hoping for more next season.

Youth players:

New Players:

Another good youth intake! We got some promising players in key positions.

Stefan Skoglund - A fantastic right back, and miles better than what we had. Straight into the main squad.

Jens Ahl - Very good playmaker. Can slot into a central position or out wide left.

Christoffer Berggren - A center back, but too low jumping for my taste. Going to work him into a DM.

Stefan Johansson - Promising midfielder with a focus on the defensive work.

First Intake:

Mohammad Claesson (YP1a) - Started the season great, but had a dip in form towards the end. Still a good season.

Erik Johansson (YP1b) - 2nd choice goalkeeper, and got a couple of matches.

Raad Hassan (YP1c) - Got quite some matches and did good, both scored and assisted quite a bit.

Axel Johansson (YP1d) - First choice on the right wing, but got a bad injury and didn't play as much as I had hoped.

Daniel Claesson (YP1e) - A good season from the young defender. Also a threat on set pieces.

Rikard Österberg - A fantastic season. Bombed down the left flank all season and was rewarded with a lot of assists and a couple of goals.

Original talents:

Miika Lyyski (YP0a) - Very good season from the midfielder.

Erik Claesson (YP0b) - Another amazing season. Got voted midfielder of the year and dedicated the award to me.

Ture Håkansson (YP0c) - Got sold to Elfsborg before the season, but he didn't get any games for them.

Season	|         League            |  Position	|    Europe	|       Top scorer      	|    Achievments
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015	| Division 2 Norra Svealand |	11th	|      N/A	| Kushtrim Trimi (15)   	|   Avoided relegation
2016	| Division 2 Norra Svealand |	 4th	|      N/A	| Mohammad Claesson (YP1a) (11) |   Solid season

XaW - Nice season(s) and some nice prospects coming through. Skoglund looks very nice, got most attributes to be a good central defender too.

Thanks! Yeah, he could be a good central defender, but I prefer my central defenders to be better jumpers. Right back was also a position I had some problems with, so he's going to be trained for the full back position. :)

Lyra - Season 22/23

logolyra100j1.gif

Transfers - Squad

League

We started pretty well and had 17 points after 8 games. After that everything stopped working. Long-term injuries to some key players didn't help either. We went on a horrible run and if it wasn't for some other very bad teams we would probably have been relegated.

Cups:

Won 2 ties and then played Cercle Brugge away and lost 2-1.

Finances

Yay, we turned professional. The good news is that I can now sign longer contracts but the bad is that I can't give less than 15k/year. So immediately signing the youth-players on long-term contracts would be very costly.

Top players:

1. Léon Dierckx (19B): Despite the bad overall season Dierckx was actually decent.

2. Rik Van Herck (17C): Possibly future captain. Developing slowly but his potential looks huge.

3. Mohamed Berradi (18A): Not his best season but without him it would have been a lot worse.

Youth intake:

Possibly my best intake yet, atleast depth-wise.

Alexander Verschueren (23A): Promising centreback. Some nice attributes.

Marc Nainggolan (23B): Hm. Very bad tackling but maybe he makes it up with his teamwork/work-rate/aggression (probably not).

Christian Ipoua (23C): This guy has the tackling skills and technique but he's a bit lazy.

Tim Van Hove (24D): The third promising midfielder of this intake. Future as some kind of playmaker.

Noteworthy previously tagged youth:

Aldrich Tshimanga (20C): Improved nicely. Has all the attributes for a good ball-winner.

Noah De Laet (22B): My most promising striker. 10 goals in 28 games. Wish he could develop faster.

Screve Mangonga (20A): The goalkeeper I've decided to put my faith in. Hope he can deliver some solid performances.

Goals before season:

*Safe mid-table - Fail

*Upgrade something - Fail

Next season:

*Safe mid-table

*Upgrade something

XaW - Great season mate, really good progress. I like the look of Jens Ahl, good starting attributes and a model professional. Can't ask for much more than that.

Druvo - Well done on surviving. Things are looking very positive for Lyra. The youth intake is very central, but with all those players training full time, you have some real prospects.

Good work guys.

XaW - Great season mate, really good progress. I like the look of Jens Ahl, good starting attributes and a model professional. Can't ask for much more than that.

Yeah, he is slowly being implemented into the main squad this season. Have high hopes for this kid.

Druvo - At least you didn't get relegated. Congrats on going professional. It should help out a lot for the progress of the young talents you got. Can't see that happening to me anytime soon.

Holy ****, 5 goals in a game HAHAHAHHA. Nice job XaW. I'd like to give Sweden a chance someday, but 110 days of pre-season is just too much =/

Heh, yeah, he had a great match! :) Sweden is a fun place to manage, the seasons fly by and the youngsters progress much faster. Feels like I'm playing FM on fast forward! :p

XaW - Add another to the jealous list as I slog through the English season. Intakes look good, should be a promotion chance real soon now.

druvo - That looks like the middle of my team's season most years! Being pro and playing in a better league should really help your players develop, so just surviving for a year or two is fine.

One thing I love about my board is that they always agree with me taking courses. I've taken National C, B and A, and I just got approved for taking Continental C. Not that my stats are much better yet. This was what I started with and this is what I have now.

Let a few more old hands go at the end of last year, so now we're down to just 2 originals. Unfortunately the board decided to cut the wage budget from 6k to 3.4k, making money pretty tight now, and that killed whatever faint hope there was of resigning Luke Marsden. Rather than get peanuts for him I decided to let him play out his contract.

If you can't defend, don't even try, just score more. Took that philosophy into the season and we finally put up more wins than losses. Scored a quite ridiculous 114 league goals, with the work being far more evenly spread than in the past - 7 players with at least 9 goals, 5 with at least 8 assists. Our consistency was a lot better too - no slump this year, never went more than 4 games without a win.

We even had a bit of a run in the FA cup, making the 2nd round, which scored us 70k in TV money and our biggest ever crowd at home to Doncaster. We were no match for a league one side, but weren't disgraced, even if it was the only game of the year we failed to find the net. Not enough to make a real difference in how much we're losing, but still a good bit of experience for the players.

Given our goal difference of +21 was equal 4th best, it's a bit of a disappointment we couldn't manage higher than 10th ... gave up too many points in positions where we should have capitalized. We ended up out of the playoff spots by 10 points, and that really should be our goal for the next year. Hopefully another year of experience will see the team better able to hold on to winning positions.

Manager's Player of the Year

Only one choice for this, (16a) Adam James. Not because he's the best player, but because he's been the ultimate gap filler. He's been moved around, filling in a number of roles, and he's had the misfortune of being stuck behind the best two players at the club, but when both Marsden and Dozzell spent time out of the side he ensured we didn't miss them. When they were fit he was often forced into a super sub role, so didn't get the game time he deserved, but still finished with 17 goals and 16 assists to be second on both charts. Next year he starts at left midfield to replace Marsden, who he will also replace as captain.

Youth Intake

Swapped out HoYD for someone with a better personality, although that didn't seem to really rub off on this lot. High potential here but nobody with the starting attributes to push for a place right away.

• (22a) Calum Gough - AMR/MR - Injury prone winger who is going to need some work on the technical side of his game before he's ready.
  • (22b) Casey Driver - GK - A keeper with good size, maybe our best bet in the long term?
  • (22c) Ollie Cambridge - ST/DC - A striker who can play down back, but is laughable there even by my team's standards.
  • (22d) Lewis Stokes - ST/MC - The best prospect in this intake by my estimation, quick, consistent big match performer. Only knock against him is his casual personality but tutoring is fixing that. Will be trained to also play MR.
  • (22e) Drew Cullen - GK - Adds to the log jam of high potential keepers.
  • (22f) Calvin Parmenter - DL/DC/ML - Full back who needs a lot of work on his speed and positioning. Would be more promising if he wasn't a right footer.

Previous Season Goals

Pray for a miracle promotion and that it's enough to convince our two stars to stay. - Failed, but definitely improved.

Next Season Goals

Playoffs.

Not a bad season, Shakes. Only 10 points of playoff. Adam James seems to be a very good Conference North striker, if I remember the level correct. Casey Driver looks like a good goalkeeping prospect.

I'm having an amazing season so far, but another team is doing even better. I'm fighting for promotion, but I think catching the 4 point I'm off the top spot might be a hard ask.

Going into the final match of the season we were a single point behind Syrianska IF Kerburan. We had a home match against a tough opponent, and Syrianska met an already relegated team, so my hopes we rather low. My match were pretty even and we had a standoff for a long time. Just at the stroke of half time we got a hit in the face when our opponent scored after a corner. I told the lads to go back out and show what they are made of. After 57 minutes we got the equalizer and we continued to push for the win. After a lot of chances the ref called the match off, and I was very disappointed. Then I saw it! Syrianska had managed to lose their match, and we went top due to our goaldifference! I'm not sure if there's a playoff or what, but we are the champions (of Division 2 Norra Svealand)!

XaW - Enkjöpings SK FK - Division 2 Norra Svealand - 2017

Just an amazing season. After last years good season I had hopes we could be in the fight for the top spots, and we delivered in style. The season started great and we just continued throughout. Still, even though we did great we still had both Syrianska IF Kerburan and Skiljebo right around us the whole time. When we had a couple of poor matches we got some points behind Syrianska. Going into the final stages of the season they had quite a number of points on us, but they had a collapse towards the end. This caused us to catch up, but not until the final game I wrote about earlier. Overall I'm amazed at how we played this season, and I'm hopeful we can manage to stay up next season.

No cup this year either.

Financially we are still losing money. The board even had to inject cash to keep up afloat. Hopefully we can get a higher attendance next season in the higher tier.

Youth players:

New Players:

This years youth intake gave us some good talents. I only tagged 3 players, but some of the others might get tagged if they progress good.

Carl Kardum (YP3a) - Very talented attacker. Already got his debut.

Nicklas Carlson (YP3b) - Wide midfielder. Should come in handy.

Rasmus Englund (YP3c) - Full back with good physical stats.

Second intake:

Stefan Skoglund - Solid season on the right back.

Jens Ahl - Very good playmaker. Can slot into a central position or out wide left.

Christoffer Berggren - Didn't get any games, but progressing well.

Stefan Johansson - Got his debut and even scored a goal.

First Intake:

Mohammad Claesson (YP1a) - Started great, including 5 goals in a match, but had 2 serious injuries to halt his progress. Hopefully it won't stop him completely.

Erik Johansson (YP1b) - Got a couple of matches, but I don't feel comfortable with him as my 2nd choice. Hopefully I'll get a big GK-talent soon.

Raad Hassan (YP1c) - Once again he got some matches, and shows he knows how to score.

Axel Johansson (YP1d) - Great season on the right wing. Assisted a bunch.

Daniel Claesson (YP1e) - Another solid season.

Rikard Österberg - Not as amazing as last season, but still did good.

Original talents:

Miika Lyyski (YP0a) - Started the season great, but got injured and are so still.

Erik Claesson (YP0b) - Once again a great season. As last year he got voted midfielder of the year and dedicated the award to me.

Ture Håkansson (YP0c) - Loaned out from Elfsborg to a team in the same tier as us. He got injured early on and still are out of the game.

Season	|         League            |  Position	|    Europe	|       Top scorer      	|    Achievments
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015	| Division 2 Norra Svealand |	11th	|      N/A	| Kushtrim Trimi (15)   	|   Avoided relegation
2016	| Division 2 Norra Svealand |	 4th	|      N/A	| Mohammad Claesson (YP1a) (11) |   Solid season
2017	| Division 2 Norra Svealand |	 1st	|      N/A	| Ludwig Wallinder (24)		|   Promoted as champion

Archived