FM15: Manchester United F.C. - I'm loving Angel instead

DavidBeckham

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currently walking the league in the second season. Very surprised that the top teams are all dropping points left and right, but I've managed to maintain consistency thanks to fluid in tactics and I've had a chance to blood the youngsters.

vMYMHV2.png

Henriquez is surprisingly my leading scorer in February with 11 in the league, 17 total. He had decent stats so I gave him a chance after he returned from his loan spell. He is like Chicharito, whom I sold, but much better mental stats. Has scored a fair amount of headers thanks to his 15 Heading. He is being tutored by Falcao and it looks like a successful spell.

pNY2q3G.png

Here is another surprise performer for me, although to be honest it's not much of a surprise because I used him extensively in '14. He may not have the best stats, and he will never be a Reus or Ronaldo, but his speed and flair lets him brush past defenders when I play him on one of the wings in a 433. Sometimes he wastes the final ball but who cares, its fun to watch, he's exciting and he's British.

Also has anyone whose played well into the future used Vanja Milinkovic? He only has 2.5 stars potential but I've been giving him chances ever since he returned from loan after transfer listing Lindegaard and sold Amos, Johnstone plays for my reserves. His determination is really low and learning from DDG has not raised it so far, but his GK stats are great and especially his aerial dominance. May have a future if he continues to improve.

I personally start afresh with the full release. In fact, I usually wait a few days AFTER release in case there's a patch which fixes a number of release day bugs.

In particular, I'm hoping that the P/E bug will be fixed as that has quite an impact currently. I have a holiday save which goes beyond 2025 and the number of P/E evident is ridiculous. I wouldn't want to continue this save based on that alone, but it's all down to personal choice :)

I personally start afresh with the full release. In fact, I usually wait a few days AFTER release in case there's a patch which fixes a number of release day bugs.

In particular, I'm hoping that the P/E bug will be fixed as that has quite an impact currently. I have a holiday save which goes beyond 2025 and the number of P/E evident is ridiculous. I wouldn't want to continue this save based on that alone, but it's all down to personal choice :)

This is what I do every single year. Except that I ALWAYS wait few days after full release to star a new game in case there is an update/updates.

I'm really debating if I should continue with this save come the full release or restart?

Will anything be of huge difference? Just enjoying what I've got going..so gonna be had to do it all again..

i continue my game, after 30 on 30 points in the EPL and no real bugs spotted , i don't see the point :)

Only De Gea had one crazy game when he conceded two goals after really strange (non)interceptions.

good to see the game is reflecting Madrid's ludicrous transfer policy IRL. at end of first season they just put Isco and Jese up for sale, 26 and 18 mil respectively

Its surprisingly easy to poach RM's players, Isco is pretty cheap and his wages are like half of Mata's, and thats in the 2nd season. Varane is available for his 35m release clause and so far in my test save Madrid have made no attempt whatsoever to increase that clause. Oh well, might as well collect them all, if I could I would have bagged CR7 along the way :lol:

I've gone slightly mad with transfers - as it's pre-release and all. I've brought in Cuadrado, Cavani, Bonnucci, Darmian, Corchia, Ribiero, Mitrovic (loaned back) ... and Paul fricking Pogba. That last one must have been a bug - Juve came in for Rafael and ended up agreeing to a part exchange.

I'll probably be starting again soon to do things a little more realistically, but for now things are going well with an asymmetric 442 - to utilise Cavani in a Ramdeuter role. The whole tactic is based off of the 07/08 United side, so I am switching between that, a 4411 and 4141 depending on the opposition. I've got big money players coming out of my ears, so the opportunity to rotate is useful.

Support United in Real life, and have done for like 22 years. So I find it hard to take control of them on FM because I'm so attached to some of the players etc, that I hate replacing them as odd as that sounds.

I'll just put this here instead::

zx2lb4.png

My first season in FM this year and United won the league woop XD

Somehow, somehow - Mata won player of the year.

I've just played my first league game on the demo... vs Liverpool. My starting line-up was ridiculous!

Lindegaard

Fletcher--Jones--Smalling--Alex Sandro

Blind

Herrera Fellaini

Di Maria Januzaj

Rooney

Literally couldn't do anything else because of injuries. I would be annoyed but I won 2-1 :D Fair play, this game has realism :D

JuXjtLH.png

It's games like this that make me want to continue my save through to the full release. Epic european nights, dodgy penalties, also whats not shown here is Ronaldo nearly going clean through my defense at the 82nd minute only for Phil Jones to make a last ditch tackle that took him out of the game.

Can you guys share your formations/tactics? I'm currently having trouble getting results.

mSdwjkK.png

This is what I used to dismantle Madrid at home. Shorter Passing, Work Ball Into Box, Pass Into Space, Whipped Crosses, Run At Defence, Push Higher UP, Roam from Positions, Close Down More, Tight Marking, Lower Tempo, Be Expressive.

Defensive Positioning match preparation because we have so much firepower and creativity already, it gives the defense a bit of a boost and less stupid mistakes.

Can you guys share your formations/tactics? I'm currently having trouble getting results.

i downloaded one off fmbase called ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play ( version 5.1 ) its worked wonders for me, the only one i could get to work consistently

edit: my last game using said tactic

2zizeyo.jpg

Just lost my second CL final in 3 seasons so I bought Balanta for £64m, Gil Romero for £20m, Ward Prowse for £14m and three wonderkid strikers (one on a free transfer) and I have got off to my worst start in the league for years!

It's a funny auld game.

Soo... err.. I need to learn about this game pretty fast. I beat Swansea at home 5-0 and next up was Spurs away. New £35million signing Lucas Moura making his debut. I lost 5-0. Thankfully I won't be continuing this game when the full release drops :D

Squad is so flawed and lacking defenders that I basically went on a defender shopping spree in the first season :D

Heres what I did to the squad anyway.

GK: DDG (extend contract), Lindegaard (OUT), Johnstone (promoted as 2nd choice)

DR: Rafael (extend contract), Corchia (7m from Lille, 20k p/w)

DL: Luke Shaw, Neil Taylor (6m from Swansea, 25k p/w)

DC: Jones, Evans (extend contract), Rojo, Smalling (OUT, I despise him), Nkoulou (7.5m from Marseille, 55k p/w), Vertonghen (25m from Spurs, 80k p/w)

DMC/MC: Fletcher (OUT, contract running out), Carrick (kept for 1 season), Blind

MC: Herrera, Andre Ayew (5.5m from Marseille, 55k p/w), Angel Di Maria, Paul Pogba (40m from Juve, 150k p/w), Anderson (OUT)

AML: Juan Mata, Adnan Januzaj, Ashley Young (OUT)

AMC: RVP (retrained, and given a pay cut)

AMR: Juan Cuadrado (32m from Fiorentina, 100k p/w), Antonio Valencia (OUT)

ST: Wayne Rooney, Falcao, James Wilson

Bolded ones are those still at the club as I go through the 2nd season. Additions include Lucas Romero in midfield, Munir in forwards and Andre Hahn in wingers.

So just started the other day. Will probably only do 4 or 5 seasons before I get bored and start in a lower league. Disabled first window transfer budgets and didn't loan anybody out to keep it realistic. Rehired Muelensteen and a couple of other staff members

Started training a 3-4-1-2, 4-4-2 narrow diamond and 4-2-3-1 formations.

Played the preseaon friendlies to which didn't seem too impressive. Narrowly beating MLS sides. Arranged another friendly against Leverkusen at home and drew 5-5. I was a bit worried about how I would get on with the tactics as the results were not great and due to the amount of injuries.

Played 2 league games so far beating Palace 6-0 at home using the 4-2-3-1 and Arsenal 2-0 away using the 3-4-1-2. Excited to get back playing again!

4-3-3 ( DMC - MC MC / SCL SC SCR) , currently 36 points from 36 (12 games EPL) and Falcao scored 21 already.

Edit : falcao added 5 goals.. scoring five away against liverpool ( 2-5 win) after already scoring five @ spurs.. amazing player. Scored 26 goals in 15 epl games :)

hope Madrid will be persuaded to sell Isco on the full version, thinking of retraining him as a ramdeuter in AMR, love his work ethic, if not will probably trigger Reus' release clause and use him there

Laporte and Nkoulou didn't do well for me on the Beta, wondering whether to get Stones and stick with the current defence + him, or go big and trigger Varane's 35.5 release clause

I envy to you guys, most of you doing so good. I tried the demo, struggling, just lost my 4th consecutive EPL game; City put 3 past me, Chelsea and Stoke 4... Whenever I score, they score, Clyde T. in 2014 would say " Can AI score? They ALWAYS score"... :) I am on the verge to get sacked. only 9 pts from 9 games. I skipped FM14, so I think the problems are mostly in my team instructions, since I use similar formations than majority.

Player fitness and defending is my biggest gripe, my fullbacks hardly ever close down even if told to to so. Creating chances is not at all a problem, but it seems the opposition hardly ever miss or shoots wide. I keep conceding a lot from outside penalty box and keeper rebounds. So I keep training defending every match. From all the players, Valencia has been the most consistent.

I will need to start a new save or revert to an earlier one to try to experiment more, also with the new roles (like I said, I skipped FM 14), the morale now in the team is absymal.

By the way, does anybody use in-game shouts, and what are the effects?

Shaw- FB(A), because my AML is on support

Both DCs on CD-Defend

Rafael-FB(s), because my AMR is on attack

+in 4-3-3 I have Fellaini as DMC.

Instructions for my 2 fullbacks are sometimes set to close down more, because if not, they are always 5-10 meters away from wingers. Also I tend to be more disciplined.

EDIT: Just beat QPR 6-2 to end our "red" run, Young scoring 3. Every press conferences the media say we have the best passing record in the league and then mention one of opposition goals... :) We concede 2 per game, 26 in 13.

Di Maria is ridiculously underrated in this game. His potential ability is at least 15-20 under what it should be

Di Maria isn't young and turns 27 in a couple months, he should be playing to his potential right now. I think you mean his CA should be higher.

tryin to sell sell rooney cus he's a mardy moaning bitch. but no one wants him :( cant even give him away ( literally )

Shrek kept pestering me for a move in January despite PSG never coming even close to lodging a bid for him, eventually I got sick of his whining, created a fake manager to take over PSG. And surprise surprise, they had a 100m transfer budget. What I did next is pretty self-explanatory, world record transfer, get rid of an annoying ogre, yada yada. :D

Several weeks more into the game, I checked on Rooney to see if I might regret selling him. To my pleasant surprise, he apparently broke his leg within 2 days at PSG and is out for 6 months :lol::applause:

FM has never given me this much lolz in many years.

Fabio and Olivierlandman, thanks for the tips, I will try them. Also I see now with FM15 being full version, that the others have exactly the same issues with defending like I did. Maybe demo has different ME than beta. Fellaini plays DM(d) in 4-3-3 and CM(d) in 4-2-3-1. I never use BWM, his best role due to yellows.

I continued my save until mid December, got 2 consecutive wins, even I beat Arsenal 3-2. Rooney, yes, the moaner. Falcao exploded, got 10 in 15.

Shrek kept pestering me for a move in January despite PSG never coming even close to lodging a bid for him, eventually I got sick of his whining, created a fake manager to take over PSG. And surprise surprise, they had a 100m transfer budget. What I did next is pretty self-explanatory, world record transfer, get rid of an annoying ogre, yada yada. :D

Several weeks more into the game, I checked on Rooney to see if I might regret selling him. To my pleasant surprise, he apparently broke his leg within 2 days at PSG and is out for 6 months :lol::applause:

FM has never given me this much lolz in many years.

haha love it :) got rid of him in the end, to arsenal lol

Archived