FM15: Manchester United F.C. - I'm loving Angel instead

DavidBeckham

I will start my long term save game few days after the full release. First of all I think the game is better in full release than in BETA and secondly, I will wait few days after the full release in case they release an update/updates.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will start my long term save game few days after the full release. First of all I think the game is better in full release than in BETA and secondly, I will wait few days after the full release in case they release an update/updates.

i'm still thinking about starting right now.. the ME and other bugs will be updated after the full release.. data bug's won't of course so that's why i'm not sure..

For people who are into their second season, is the debt an issue?

Obviously we all know it's been a massive concern since 2005, but even the sceptics like Andy Green consider that the current cashflow at the club is extremely profitable. Surely the Adidas deal kicking in alone should ensure the finances are healthy in-game?

For people who are into their second season, is the debt an issue?

Obviously we all know it's been a massive concern since 2005, but even the sceptics like Andy Green consider that the current cashflow at the club is extremely profitable. Surely the Adidas deal kicking in alone should ensure the finances are healthy in-game?

The kit deal is noticeable in sponsorships, puts its up by a good 70m. My transfer budget however was only around 25m.

Finally finally finally got Falcao scoring. Has anyone signed him permanently or extended loan to second season?

I extended it for a second season and because I was unable to find a suitable replacement renewed the loan for a third season.

I extended it for a second season and because I was unable to find a suitable replacement renewed the loan for a third season.

Are Monaco Happy to extend the loan or is there some extension clause?

i'm still thinking about starting right now.. the ME and other bugs will be updated after the full release.. data bug's won't of course so that's why i'm not sure..

Data bugs will be fixed. At least those who won't make negative effects by being fixed now. Also I don't want bugs messing with my game for two season (I think I can do two season in two weeks).

Just experiment with BEta, prepare shouts, tactics, cusomize views, graphics.. :)

Data bugs will be fixed. At least those who won't make negative effects by being fixed now. Also I don't want bugs messing with my game for two season (I think I can do two season in two weeks).

Just experiment with BEta, prepare shouts, tactics, cusomize views, graphics.. :)

Yes i know, but they won't be fixed in saved games i suppose ? that's what holding me , because it can mess it up like u said.

No they won't. When it comes to other bugs they are save game compatible, unless staed.

But I always like to start from fresh.

E.g. training intensity gets cranked up to High randomly. I don't want someone getting injured, losing potentrial to be good player etc...

It's just my micro management style :D

I would really appreciate someone (who has two or three tactics) posting an SS of Training screen (Overview) and Training screen (Team).

The thing is, I made 3 tactics which I'm experimenting with and only one (currently selected one) is being trained. :S

Won the league first season, 92p to Arsenals 83. Bought no one except a few youngsters, sold Anderson. Falcao was a beast but decided to not buy him in the end. Bought Goetze and Munir for the second season, aiming for CL win now!

How much did they set you back I tried to buy Munir but he used me to get a new contract with barca even though it was half what I was offering

So just tried to sign Falcao. But it turns out that even though the loan deal allows me to sign him for 46.5mil, that only counts as auto-accepted if it's all paid up front. That does not make any sense to me.

Granted, I shouldn't be able to sign him on "maybe" clauses (such as based on goals or appearances), but spreading the cost over several seasons should be identical to paying all up front in terms of the value of the deal...

I have to say that I am absolutely dominating the league atm..24 games played, 20 wins,2 draws and 2 loses. I am 16 points ahead of the second placed Arsenal. I don't know wheter the game is easy, ManUtd is hugely overrated (Jones and Evans, I'm looking at you), or I am a tactical genius but I am enjoying this :) And all this with Di Maria out in the first game for 4 months.

I have to say that I am absolutely dominating the league atm..24 games played, 20 wins,2 draws and 2 loses. I am 16 points ahead of the second placed Arsenal. I don't know wheter the game is easy, ManUtd is hugely overrated (Jones and Evans, I'm looking at you), or I am a tactical genius but I am enjoying this :) And all this with Di Maria out in the first game for 4 months.

Seriously. I started my long term save. I lost AdM for three months and I thought I should restart my save but decided to see what happens. I'm in January and Rooney is finally fit to play. Carrick, Shaw, Evans have all been out for extended periods.

20 games in and I'm 11 points clear with 17-3-0. Falcao is tearing apart defences, Adnan just won European Golden Boy, I got offered a fresh contract. And on top of it all, agents just offered me Isco and Gotze who both want first team football. considering giving up on Falcao so I can save money and deploy Gotze as a striker instead.

Just a quick review of the game so far, great game one of the best Footy Managers i've ever played and i've been playing the game since it was known as Championship Manager before the split, definitely gonna carry this beta on. Just completed my first season, winning the league cup and league double and losing the FA cup semi on penalties. First thing i did was make Falcao's deal permanent, he repayed the faith by becoming the top scorer in the league so i definitely feel it was money well spent although im sure others will disagree.

Here is my transfer business

Season 1

IN

Falcao 46.5mil

Subotice 15mil

Kovacic 37.5mil

Strootman 40mil

Valdes free

OUT

Fellaini 10.5

Lindegaard 5

Valencia 14

Young 12.75

Smalling 14.5

Cleverley 9.75 (recalled from loan to sell, only gonna lose him on a free at end of season anyway)

Anderson 3.5

Second season

IN

Bakkali free

De Vrij 22

Pirlo 7.5

Berisha free

Varana 35

Pepe 3

Jonathan Silva 20

Daniel Alves 20

OUT

Blind 30

Hernandez 10

Valdes 4.2

Nani 30

Rafael 26

Evans 20

Rojo 22

I probably let a couple of players go slightly cheaply such as Fellaini and Anderson but they simply had no place in my squad and were dead weight wages. Very happy with the money I got selling Blind, Evans and Nani. Was unsure about selling Valdes, but the young keeper who comes back from loan is fantastic and definitely set to replace De Gea. One other quick not, I got Falcao on 200,000 a week so alot less than the loan and once you buy him permanently you make money off shirt sales, obviously still alot to spend but well worth it. With Cleverley it makes perfect sense to recall him from the loan instantly and sell him, can't remember if UTD covered his wages whilst he was on loan but I made decent money off him.

Staff in

I like to hire past players/staff so these are the guys I brought in

Wilkins

Meulensteen

Yorke

Savage

Hargreaves

Healy

Owen

Neville

Cantona

Steele

Fortune

Any one had similar experiences?

hi all, how has everyone found herrera on FM15. he is only rated as 2.5 starts in my game and is not performing that well for me. i am playing him as a central midfielder on support mentality and don't really want to change this as my tactic seems to be working (so far anyway, half way through 1st season).

hi all, how has everyone found herrera on FM15. he is only rated as 2.5 starts in my game and is not performing that well for me. i am playing him as a central midfielder on support mentality and don't really want to change this as my tactic seems to be working (so far anyway, half way through 1st season).

Star rating is pretty relative. So if you've signed one or two really good players, the average rating (3 stars) for your team will be higher and players star ratings will drop accordingly.

He's doing well for me so far. He's in a poor run of form at the moment (the team in general has been after a couple of silly red cards made life harder than it needed to be in a couple of games) but overall across the season he has a rating of 7.26 (or 7.31 in the league). I'm playing him as a DLP(S) in the middle of a three-man midfield.

Herrera has been good for me, either as a CM (s) or as a DLP (s). In December of the first season now, Shaw is being tipped for the best young player award, he's been fantastic so far! Other than that, I'm second behind Spurs who have only lost once (3-1 against us). They've been ridiculously good, hopefully they have a blip soon.

In other news, Rodgers and Pochettino have both been sacked, and Wenger could well join them soon!

Has anyone had any success in developing any of the youngsters already at the club? Obviously it's early days, but would be interesting to see if any of the young players have decent potential.

I had a weird season, won the league and FA cup went unbeaten in the league untill I came up against stoke, and deliberately lost so they would keep Man city out of the champions league. Yes that's stoke in the champions league haha, it went

1st Man Utd

2nd Chelsea

3rd Everton

4th Stoke

crazy haha

Now im in the second transfer window and this is where the problems have started. I sold Rojo for 30 mil, Nani for 20, hernandez for 20, peruzzi is on his way for 17.5. But I cant seem to bring other players in people want silly money even if they are under a bid from another team. Case in point tried to sign gundogan real madrid bid 35 million so I bid that and they wouldnt accept any less than 51. It doesnt make any sense.

At the end of my 3rd Season and my team is settled something like this

GK: De Gea

DC(Defend):Rojo/Blind

DC(Defend):Smalling/Jones

DC(Defend):Stones/Evans

WBL(Wing Back/Auto):Shaw/Blind

WBR(Wing Back/Auto):Rafael/Valencia

CM(Advanced Playmaker/A):Januzaj/Mata/Rooney

CM(Ball Winning Midfielder/D):Jones/Romero(£7m)

CM(Box to Box/S):Fellaini/Herrera/Rooney

ST(Advanced Forward/A):Henriquez/Depay(£26m)

ST(COmplete Forward/S):Van Persie/Rooney/Januzaj/Mata

1st Season: Finished 3rd

2nd Season: Finished 2nd and won the CL

3rd Season: Won the league, World Club Cup and League Cup but lost in the CL final to Liverpool where I encountered a bug that meant when I got to the CL final I was missing all my South American contingent because of International Duty and it affected me badly. I changed my tactics for the final which was also a disaster.

Notable sales were Young(£4m), Cleverley(£16m), Nani (£6m), Powell(£8m) and I have a budget of over £150m.

I had a weird season, won the league and FA cup went unbeaten in the league untill I came up against stoke, and deliberately lost so they would keep Man city out of the champions league. Yes that's stoke in the champions league haha, it went

1st Man Utd

2nd Chelsea

3rd Everton

4th Stoke

I like how you sacrificed your unbeaten season just to keep Man City out of the Champions League :applause:

Good 2nd season, won the League, Community Shield and FA Cup, strong return to the CL saw me knocked out in the SF. Timo Werner a standout with 37 goals in 40 games. James Wilson continues to show improvement and got good game time as RvP and Rooney were injured consistently.

3rd season im looking to secure the CL. been some player movement: Ins include - Mario Gotze (12.5m), Hirving Lozano (7.5m) and Kyriakos Papadopoulos (free). Outs include - Zaha (13.5m), Powell (12.5m), Fellaini (11m), Blackett (3.5m), Rojo (25.5m) aswell as Lindegaard and Henriquez on frees. I hardly spend so clubs finances are good, currently 334m with a projected of 559m

current squad lines up:

GK: De Gea (backed up by Simone Scuffet(hot prospect))

CD: Chris Smalling

CD: Eder Balanta

CD: Johnny Evans (backed up by Kyriakos Papadopoulos)

DM: Phil Jones (backed up by Daley Blind)

MR: Rafael (backed up by Hirving Lozano)

CM: Ander Herrera (backed up by Youri Tielemans(hot prospect))

CM: Gotze (backed up by Adnan Januzaj/Mata)

ML: Di Maria (backed up by Luke Shaw/Mata)

ST: RvP (backed up by Rooney)

ST: Werner (backed up by James Wilson)

Started a save (maybe longterm.. depends on the bugs)

Bought Hughes, Romero, Balanta , Tielemans(loaned him back) ,Bender(dortmund) and Stones. (also bought 3x16 year olds, new names and Souttar from Dundee,)

Sold Young,Anderson, Ben Amos, Cleverley .

I think i'm going to sell Smalling and buy William Carvalho . Did anyone bought him and where did u play him ?

Squad for the moment :

GK: De Gea , Lindegard, Ben amos

DL: Shaw, Rojo

DC: Balanta,Evans

DC: Jones, Stones , (Smalling ?)

DR: Rafael,Valencia

DMC : Carrick,Blind,Fletcher

MCL: Bender,Herrera

MC: Di Maria, Hughes, Lingard

MCR: Fellaini,Romero

AMC: Rooney, Mata, Lingard

SC: Falcao, RVP, Wilson

After one friendly herrera broke something.. out for a few months, Valencia and Jones also out for weeks.. looks like it was in real life for Van Gaal.. +- 10 squad members out :/

Probably just had my best ever opening season on any Football Manager completing a league cup, Fa cup and League treble !

I made the mistake at the start of the game to not disable the first transfer window, Instead I decided to not buy anyone until the winter transfer window in which we made our only signing Gaston Gil Romero for £4.5 mil a good price and some well needed steel for the midfield.

Started pre-season with a narrow diamond formation although I was winning I wasn't really pleased with the performances especially against poor teams scheduled for the friendlies.

I decided to change to a 5-2-1-2 formation and have honestly not looked back, I managed to win the league with 6 games to go finishing with 106 points and remaining unbeaten thanks to the likes of Falcao who scored 34 goals in 32 games to finish top scorer, Chris Smalling who was surprisingly a rock as the middle center back finishing with an average rating of 7.57 in the league and Rafael, Shaw and valencia who provided 21 assists between them as complete wing backs !

I really wasn't expecting to win the league let alone remain unbeaten but we scored 106 goals and conceded only 19 !

Not too sure what to do about Falcao now, he is definitely too good to let go but at 29 I don't want to pay £46.5 million, I see people who have posted above have managed to secure him on loan for another season so hopefully I can also get him in that way.

Despite the over all positives I'm slightly disappointed with Rooney who managed 7 goals in 14 league starts and 7 sub appearances with an average rating of 7.07, although he had a few injuries I feel like i should sell him to clear some money from the wage budget and bring in a cheaper creative striker like Munir.

During the end of season I will debate whether to sell some of the deadwood, Cleverly, Fellani, Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson, Young, Lingard, Lindegaard. Whilst the likes of Nani and Zaha have no roles to play due to not playing wingers so they will also probably leave. Although I am slightly worried about selling all these players due to the extra games we will play next season due to European games being brought back to Old Trafford.

Brilliant for me, and sometimes picks up MotM without scoring a goal, but simply dominating the midfield. I usually play him as a BWM in a 442 or 433.

Finally hit January. My computer is ageing and slow, lesigh...

Still top of the league and unbeaten in the league, though out of the league cup after Southampton beat us 2-1 and caused a mini-revolt over my team talks which I think was due to some sort of bug because team talks are kind of my strong suit in FM (tactics + teamtalks... I suck at training). Played 19, won 16, drawn 3; 52 goals for, 13 against. Not happy defensively. In FM 14 my teams rarely hit double figures conceded until March, so clearly I'm not getting the defensive side right yet (or the players just aren't good enough to put into operation what I want them to do; none of the goals we're conceding are of the type that are verified as "buggy", either... still not conceded from a free-kick or an own goal this season).

However, I need to sell Rooney. He's a liability. I need to play him else he'll undoubtedly get uppity; when he plays, he doesn't play particularly well (6.86 average rating). And he's the guy who got annoyed over the team talk and went to the press to throw a hissyfit, and in doing so, has made Di Maria unhappy.

But I can't see how I can force him out without causing a huge ruckus at this stage of the season and I don't really want a deadweight in my squad for another 4 months or so... especially not with his value decreasing slowly all the time. :/

Oh, and I said earlier that selling Young might be a mistake. Here's why:

21mdq90.jpg

Oh. And Juan Mata was Ballon D'Or runner up.

Archived