FM15: Manchester United F.C. - I'm loving Angel instead

DavidBeckham

Has anyone sold Rooney?

If I start a new save in the full release I will try to offload him right away. Getting really tired of his constant bitching. Every time there's a team meeting he's the only one left in "red" colors after it. 2nd season now I'm getting a report every week that he's unhappy about me making pre-season 7 weeks (bloody lazy *******). He was also the only player in the squad unhappy about me not starting Ashley Young. Every time a player wants to leave and I say no he's the only one bitching about it. And to add to insult he's tore his hamstring for the 2nd time and been out of action for about 8 months in less than 2 seasons. His ability is going down every day and Giggs is already calling him a 3* striker compared to RvP and Mata who are 4*.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who did you people sign when it comes to staff?

I fire everyone except Hoek (sometimes) and Strudwick (senior team, leave youth and u21 unchanged)

Mauro Tassotti - AM. Gives me 4.5 in tactics and defending and 4/4.5 in ball control. I use him in ball control, handle tactics myself.

Defending - Jaap Stam. 5*

Attacking - Ivan Couto - still havent found a 4.5 or 5* attacking coach yet

Shooting - Rene Meulensteen 4.5*

Additional - Ivan Carminati - good versatile and useful advice

Fitness Coaches - Darian Schneider, Massimo Neri - Also give good advice. Anyone found Paul Winsper, hes missing from the game.

GK - Flavio Tenius, Franco Tancredi.

Edit - Forgot - I add Les Kershaw as DoF after making above signings and let him fill up my reserve staff.

Whats the crack with the Falcao loan then? Is the fee already agreed to sign him? Can you sign him straight away or wait till the end of the season? Does the money come out of your budget, or is it pre-accounted for?

Finished my 2nd season.

Table | Squad Ratings | Champions Cup | Transfers

Only bought Strootman and Tielemans this season. Selling Young, Valencia, Nani and Hernandez gave us a slight profit on transfers. We made a £153M profit overall on the season and the current bank balance is £81M.

Performances was not as amazing as last season, but still very convincing in the league. 2 losses against City and 1 against Arsenal (away). City really are a pain. We lost the FA Cup final on penalties against them as well. Won the Carling Cup beating Chelsea 2-1 in the final though.

Some really bad away performances in the Champions Cup. Luckily we didn't face Barcelona again after the Group Stages. They absolutely battered us at their ground. They also ran away with the top 3 spots in both the World Footballer of the Year and the World Golden Ball (Messi, Neymar, Suarez in both). Really lucky to get through the two matches against City, but deserved to knock Arsenal out in the semis.

The final against PSG we dominated, but had trouble scoring. Januzaj came on and won us a late penalty which RvP put away. PSG won a penalty of their own minutes later, but DDG saved it and we won it 1-0.

Fairly happy with the squads performance overall. Would like to see my midfielders provide more goals and assists though. And still not scoring on set pieces at all. RvP and Volland the stand out attacking players and both full backs assisting plenty. Also pleased with youngsters Tielemans and Januzaj, bit surprised Januzaj is doing so well as a F9.

Very disappointed with Rooney who's been miserable all season just because he didn't get 2 weeks extra vacation. Really considering trying to sell him, but not sure anyone would even want him (wage demands) at this stage. Also not convinced by Blind and Herrera. Blind in particular is just to slow. Herrera I should probably give more games before deciding though.

Strootman was decent, but not amazing for that kind of money. He mostly played in the MCR role next to Di Maria though. Will try to use him more as the anchor man next season.

Not sure what to spend money on this summer (if we get any). Would like some more pace and class in midfield, but they are all insanely expensive. Might just go for some future prospects, but really not sure how far I'm gonna take this save. Very likely to start over after the first major patch anyways.

Whats the crack with the Falcao loan then? Is the fee already agreed to sign him? Can you sign him straight away or wait till the end of the season? Does the money come out of your budget, or is it pre-accounted for?

No one seems to know yet for sure, but the deal isn't certain. I'm trying to keep cash aside and hoping he's open to talks once we've qualified for Europe. It's a very odd thing though, the general consensus IRL is that Falcao will sign. If you don't think he's bothered about being at United watch this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=agZpLxBgzkI

Has anyone sold Rooney?

If I start a new save in the full release I will try to offload him right away. Getting really tired of his constant bitching. Every time there's a team meeting he's the only one left in "red" colors after it. 2nd season now I'm getting a report every week that he's unhappy about me making pre-season 7 weeks (bloody lazy *******). He was also the only player in the squad unhappy about me not starting Ashley Young. Every time a player wants to leave and I say no he's the only one bitching about it. And to add to insult he's tore his hamstring for the 2nd time and been out of action for about 8 months in less than 2 seasons. His ability is going down every day and Giggs is already calling him a 3* striker compared to RvP and Mata who are 4*.

I plan to at the end of the first season.

I fire everyone except Hoek (sometimes) and Strudwick (senior team, leave youth and u21 unchanged)

Mauro Tassotti - AM. Gives me 4.5 in tactics and defending and 4/4.5 in ball control. I use him in ball control, handle tactics myself.

Defending - Jaap Stam. 5*

Attacking - Ivan Couto - still havent found a 4.5 or 5* attacking coach yet

Shooting - Rene Meulensteen 4.5*

Additional - Ivan Carminati - good versatile and useful advice

Fitness Coaches - Darian Schneider, Massimo Neri - Also give good advice. Anyone found Paul Winsper, hes missing from the game.

GK - Flavio Tenius, Franco Tancredi.

Edit - Forgot - I add Les Kershaw as DoF after making above signings and let him fill up my reserve staff.

Bruno Contl of Roma is a 5 star Attacking coach if you can prise him away - I haven't been able to make him want to talk to me yet. Going to try again at the end of the season.

I have started a man u game.

Only continued a couple of times while i start a staff overhaul etc.

Deals so far

Out:

Young - 16.5m Spurs

Anderson - 4.7m West Ham ( would have liked a little more but it's all i could get )

Released about ten youngsters who clearly are not good enough

Trying to sell various poorer players like lindegaard, lingard, ben amos , vermijl , keane etc but getting nowhere.

Signings in :-

Schneiderlin 20m after clauses (12m upfront) Southampton

John Stones 12.5m after clauses (7.5 upfron) Everton

Dont shoot me....... Jon Flanagan 7.5m Liverpool Yes yes i know some people will hate that one but he looks solid in the game and homegrown etc !

I am not finished signing either but getting some bad luck , i agreed terms to sign Reus for 21m on a good contract but then he signed a new contract at Dortmund for nearly 100k a week less.

I tried for both hot youngsters from barca : Munir and Samper , both agreed terms then renewed their contracts at barca.

I have agreed a deal for Dede 9.5m (7.5m upfront) but not sure if i will take him yet -- Cruzerio

A couple other various deals on the go for hot prospects .

Coaches in for several right now but only confirmed so far:

Jaap Stam 5* Defense

Head of Youth Development:

Fermo Favini - Cracking HOYD from Atalanta and is also a model professional mentality

I will radically re-shape the staff but i am just finding my feet with the game so far, not played any games other than the intra squad friendly but will report back with more as it happens !

I don't like the 4-4-2 diamond. But I still don't think the 4-2-3-1 is good enough defensively, like ever.

I really think Januzaj should be a natural wing and side midfield player not an AMC, Van Gaal is certainly using him on the left/right flank.

I might just revert back to my typical 4-3-3 with Inside forwards and bombing wingbacks! Or I might just end up dallying on this point all the way until the game is released! >_>

People into their second season and whatnot...

I'm slow!

Anyway, now 9 league games in. Through to the QF of the League Cup but who cares about that? Except knocked out Man City to get there. Phwoar. Beat 'em 2-1.

League results are pretty good.

3-0 v Everton, 5-1 v Newcastle, 6-3 v QPR (Nkoulou made his debut; decided he is not yet ready for the first team... all three goals after he was subbed on and they were all his fault). Then, weirdly, drew 0-0 with West Brom. But beat West Ham 5-1, Hull 1-0, 3-0 v Leicester, and just beat Liverpool 3-2. That game was not as close as it sounds; Sturridge got a fairly lucky late goal.

Mata and Falcao are top scorers with 10 goals apiece; Falcao has most assists, too, with 8. Di Maria has 6.

Top of the table at the moment, with 30 goals for and only 7 against. Quite happy with that, though the defence needs to tighten up to match how my sysystem was working last year, and for some reason not getting anything like as much possession as I would've thought we would be.

However, a question. I may not be keeping Falcao because of costs.

Does anyone know of a good youngish forward who isn't tall? Specifically <5'10". Preferably quick. I could go with a regen like I did last year but... using real players this early in the game is a little more fun.

won the league in the first season playing a 3-1-4-2. Ended up 27W, 7D, 4L and 10 points clear of Chelsea.

RvP stood out with 22 goals and 7 assists in 30 apps. Didnt really make any huge signings: Balanta came in for £6.75m while Ashley Young went out for £12.25m.

Line up consisted of:

GK: De Gae (backed up by Lindegaard)

CDr: Phil Jones (backed up by Smalling)

CDc: Balanta (backed up by Evans)

CDl: Rojo (backed up by Blackett)

DM: Blind (backed up by Carrick)

MR: Rafael (backed up by Valencia)

CMr: Herrera (backed up by Fellani)

CMl: Mata (backed up by Januzaj)

ML: Di Maria (backed up by Shaw)

STr: Rooney (backed up by RVP)

STl: RVP (backed up by Falcao and Wilson)

Just won the community shield in the 2nd season: Thus far i haven't had much activity in the Transfer Market: Timo Werner has come in for £10m as i didnt renew Falcaos loan. Many have left, including Carrick, Fletcher, Anderson & Cleverley on frees (regretting Carrick) while Nani £10.75 and Hernandez £12.25 have been sold. Im looking at trying to give Andreas Pereira some game time and utilise Fellani as more of a DM to back up Blind.

People into their second season and whatnot...

I'm slow!

Anyway, now 9 league games in. Through to the QF of the League Cup but who cares about that? Except knocked out Man City to get there. Phwoar. Beat 'em 2-1.

League results are pretty good.

3-0 v Everton, 5-1 v Newcastle, 6-3 v QPR (Nkoulou made his debut; decided he is not yet ready for the first team... all three goals after he was subbed on and they were all his fault). Then, weirdly, drew 0-0 with West Brom. But beat West Ham 5-1, Hull 1-0, 3-0 v Leicester, and just beat Liverpool 3-2. That game was not as close as it sounds; Sturridge got a fairly lucky late goal.

Mata and Falcao are top scorers with 10 goals apiece; Falcao has most assists, too, with 8. Di Maria has 6.

Top of the table at the moment, with 30 goals for and only 7 against. Quite happy with that, though the defence needs to tighten up to match how my sysystem was working last year, and for some reason not getting anything like as much possession as I would've thought we would be.

However, a question. I may not be keeping Falcao because of costs.

Does anyone know of a good youngish forward who isn't tall? Specifically <5'10". Preferably quick. I could go with a regen like I did last year but... using real players this early in the game is a little more fun.

Timo Werner, Gabriel Silva, Carlos Fierro, Zakaria Bakkali, Carlos (Flamengo)... also keep in mind Chicharito returns from loan.

Timo Werner, Gabriel Silva, Carlos Fierro, Zakaria Bakkali, Carlos (Flamengo)... also keep in mind Chicharito returns from loan.

Thanks, I'll look over the ones over I wasn't aware of. Sadly I never ever get the best out of Chicharito - or any other straight-up poacher. They're too uninvolved for my system.

Thanks, I'll look over the ones over I wasn't aware of. Sadly I never ever get the best out of Chicharito - or any other straight-up poacher. They're too uninvolved for my system.

Yeah, he needs a 2nd striker along side him. cant play a lone role. In all honesty dont be afraid to give young James Wilson a game, made 14 appearances for me for 10 goals (mainly cup competitions) as an advanced forward. A geniune home grown talent. Another one you can add to that list is Richairo Zivkovic from Ajax. This kid looks an absolute gun!

Yeah, he needs a 2nd striker along side him. cant play a lone role. In all honesty dont be afraid to give young James Wilson a game, made 14 appearances for me for 10 goals (mainly cup competitions) as an advanced forward. A geniune home grown talent. Another one you can add to that list is Richairo Zivkovic from Ajax. This kid looks an absolute gun!

I hate to sound like a broken record but Berahino has been very impressive for me so far, English..still room to improve and doesn't cost a bomb either. Gonna post some updates of my season tomorrow but he's battling Reus as my stand out performer.

I've pretty much just set up basic things. Nowhere near my micro-management style which I intend to use when I start my proper long term save game, after the full release.

aXxtwzc.png

Wasn't our day vs. Everton.

We weren't good enough vs. Southampton.

We were 2-0 up vs. Liverpool, somwhow they've managed to pull 2 back.

Drag pic to a new tab for larger view.

Wouldn't it be lovely if they could replicate this next weekend.

QSxCuoG.png

Edit: Januzaj may of just contracted Ebola. Is this a bug? 8-9 months? This could likely mess his whole career up on this save.

bQretWw.png

Given his recent form in real life, could be a case of Cleverley-itis.

Just finished my 2nd season. Champions again, just, but won the Champions League with a game to out-drama both of the 1999 and 2008 finals:

http://i.imgur.com/FaRPoWU.png

Juventus 4 - 4 Man Utd

Juve score an 89 minute equaliser to make it 3-3. Tevez scores in the first half of extra time to make it 4-3, Strootman scores in 120+1 to equalise in a goal mouth scramble. Big Dave saves from a 37 year old Pirlo in the shoot out before Rojo holds his nerve to smash home the winning kick.

Football... bloody hell. I need to go lie down.

Just finished my 2nd season. Champions again, just, but won the Champions League with a game to out-drama both of the 1999 and 2008 finals:

http://i.imgur.com/FaRPoWU.png

Juventus 4 - 4 Man Utd

Juve score an 89 minute equaliser to make it 3-3. Tevez scores in the first half of extra time to make it 4-3, Strootman scores in 120+1 to equalise in a goal mouth scramble. Big Dave saves from a 37 year old Pirlo in the shoot out before Rojo holds his nerve to smash home the winning kick.

Football... bloody hell. I need to go lie down.

Nice going!

A question for you since you've finished a couple seasons: how are the finances?

I'm only a few months into my save but already a bit concerned that there's not going to be much money around because of the damned debts. The bank balance is going to go into negative figures in two months time by current trends and I'm 95% sure I won't have anything like the funds available to sign Falcao as I was an idiot and didn't notice that he isn't set up as a future transfer (in RL, I'm pretty sure it's a done deal).

I'm actually kinda glad I didn't spend the money on Falcao as I really can't get the best out of him at the moment, that's probably more to do with my management than him though.

Having much more success out of Reus and Berahino plus Van Persie has hit a purple patch.

Of the guys who've made it to season two, obviously dependant on success, what type of budget do you get?

How do you guys approach tough away games? Like what system do you use?

For home games I have a 4-3-1-2 system, which plays quite similar to the real life diamond, but for the games against the top teams, especially away, Im thinking I need a more conservative approach. So Im thinking maybe a 4-3-3 with a defensive midfield trio, 2 wingers and a lone striker?

I'm actually kinda glad I didn't spend the money on Falcao as I really can't get the best out of him at the moment, that's probably more to do with my management than him though.

He's being an utter beast for me - tons of goals AND assists. But I play a 4-3-3 and he's the lone striker most of the time.

Not a bad first season for me. Managed to wrap up the League after a dip in form that seen me almost throw it away. Too many draws when I should of been finishing teams off. I also won the Capital One Cup.

Falcao was unplayable at times, but I'm sad to say I can't afford him now. I'd love to keep him as he's a better goalscorer than Rooney, and just better than RvP in every way.

H8lHQze.png

x4tSrEO.png

Not a bad first season for me. Managed to wrap up the League after a dip in form that seen me almost throw it away. Too many draws when I should of been finishing teams off. I also won the Capital One Cup.

Falcao was unplayable at times, but I'm sad to say I can't afford him now. I'd love to keep him as he's a better goalscorer than Rooney, and just better than RvP in every way.

League was so close :eek: How did Schneiderlin do for you?

League was so close :eek: How did Schneiderlin do for you?

He didn't do too bad, but he's not worth the £18m I paid. He never really puts in amazing performances, but never really has horrible games either. In the end up he finished with a 6.94 rating for the season, but he was much higher than that for a long time. Only 1 goal, and 1 assist, with no MOTM awards. Goals and assists aren't really his job, but pitching in every now and then at corners wouldn't hurt. I played him LCM with a ball-winning midfielder role, with either Blind or Fellaini sitting behind him.

Already starting season 3, this has been an enjoyable save to say the least, i'll try round it up as best as I can and hopefully I can give you guys more regular updates in the future.

Season one, well erm, I tried to be too fancy and used my tactic from fm14, It got ripped apart and by xmas I was 10th, every game was going to be my last and the amount of times my security went from stable to insecure was unreal. I went to a straight forward 4-2-3-1 and scrapped 4th on the last day of the season keeping my job.

I got eliminated from both cups early which was gutting.

My transfers were

Balanta - 6m

Schar 5m

Eggestein - 800k - Bremen

Sokratis - 15m

Barbosa - 10m

Verratti - 15m

Outs being

Young and Felliani to Spurs and Schalke for a combined 20m

Carrick 400k to Celtic.

Season Two was unbelievable.

The in's for that were.

Miri Miha - 400k Palermo

David Luiz - PE/X for Balanta

Stephan El Shaawaray - PE/X for Chicharito

Patrick Roberts 10.5m Fulham

Luka Jovic - 5.75m - Red Star

Ezequiel Ponce - 4.4m - Newell's.

I have since found out their's a Part E/X glitch so I will no longer be trying any trades till the full game is out. Thankfully this saves only lasting till the Champions League is won.

Sold Nani to Spurs for 16m, gave Cleverley a new deal. Kept Powell and Zaha went out on loan again. Also managed to renew Falcao's loan deal as I wasn't keen on spending 43m on a 29 year old.

I won the league on the last day of the season with 91 points, Chelsea pushed me all the way. I got to the last 16 of the Champion's League losing 4-3 to PSG, I got the first leg completely tactically wrong. I advanced from a group with Dortmund, Sevilla and Sparta Prague in it.

I won the Capital One Cup defeating Arsenal 3-2 in the final and lost the FA Cup quarters to Man City.

Season 3 is just beginning and some big business has been done already.

Incoming

Luan 3.8m - Fluminese

Erik Lamela - 20m Spurs

James Ward-Prowse - 20m - Southampton.

John Souttar -2.6m Dundee United.

Seamus Coleman - 15.75m Everton

Out went

Rafael 42m - Real Madrid.

Stephan El Shaawrary - 30m - PSG

I also lost RVP to PSG due to a fallout on a bosman.

Still plenty of time in this window looking at Will Hughes whilst Real Madrid are sniffing around Rojo.

I apologise for the amount of text, but that's rounding up 3 seasons, will try do monthly/bi-monthly reports from now!

Cheers!

i played a few months now with Manchester United like i do after every release.. because it is a beta like last years i'm doubting about starting for real now .. or wait for the full version (with data updates) on 7 november.

What do u guys do ? start a long save right now and continue ? or wait ?

Archived