FM15: Manchester United F.C. - I'm loving Angel instead

DavidBeckham

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How's Martial?

Halfway into the first season, he's not doing as superb as in real life. 8(12) appearances, 5 goals, 1 assist. Playing mostly as inside forward. Potential is 3-4 stars, so hoping he gets better with tutoring and more playing time. He's just turned 19 in the game.

just finished season 2 using the latest LFC Marshall update.

using a combination of these 3 tactics

jstweak

engache away

2323 final

these are memphis' stats so far. he plays in the central striker position

season 1

ww5qQvs.jpg

season 2

3h4UDgP.jpg

initially i wanted to play martial in this spot but memphis just kept banging them in!!

I just loaded up a game to see how the staff could be - Large database, most leagues loaded but I may have missed stuff:

OUT:

Gary Armer - Physio

Tom Hughes - U18 Physio

Scouts OUT:

Calvert-Toulmin

Langley

Bout

Doherty

COulter

Braund

Owen

Corcoran

Ruiz

Coaches OUT:

Walker,

Hawkins,

Van Dijk,

Stuivenberg,

Hoek

Strudwick.

Staff IN:

Massimo Neri - 5 star Fitness coach,

Damian Roden- 5 star Fitness coach,

David Platt - 4 star Shooting coach,

Filip De Wilde - 4.5 star Goalkeeping coach,

Franco Tancredi - 4.5 star goalkeeping coach,

Tomas Tuchel - 4.5 star attack coach

SCOUTS IN:

Juarez Fischer - Brazil,

Daniel Onega - Argentina

Stephane Pauwels - Belgium

Scouting assignments (Assumption is 100% knowledge of a country is what you're supposed to scout - taken from the manual and in game tutorial, believe it or not!)

Brazil - Fischer,

France - Friio,

UK and Ireland - Kershaw,

Spain - Lopez,

Argentina - Onega,

Belgium - Pauwels,

Germany - Schmaler,

Portugal - Cruz,

Holland - Van Stijn,

Russia - Vujacic,

Turkery - Watson,

Scandinavia - Wells,

Italy - Williams

-That covers every major european nation PLUS Brazil and Argentina with the maximum 14 scouts (chief stays for personal match reporting!)

That gives you a very solid backroom staff and a very impressive scouting team. Most of those staff signings (other than Onega the Argentina scout) are free transfers and the AI doesn't bother going for them.

By the way, a tip: If you ever search for 5 star coaching, ALWAYS search for the coaching attributes at 15+ and Determination, Motivating and discipline at 10+. This is because you can still get 4.5 star coaches with as low as 10 in one or two of those attributes, especially if the coaching attribute is 20! If you search by 15+ for everything you will miss some 5 star coaches, Roden for example is a 5 star fitness coach with 12 for discipline. He's worth picking up because he's only 39! The other fitness coaches are pushing 50-70 years of age, so in one swoop you could have a fitness coach down at the club for over 20+ years if you build a relationship with him!

Started a new game with United. Just finished first season:

yAizLbm.png

My only signing was John Stones. Thought I lacked depth in defence, especially with all the injuries United have from the start of the game.

zEBOlTF.png

Very disappointed to lose to Charlton. They went down to 10 men but managed to score three times in the following 17 minutes. Couldn't believe it.

y4B1NhX.png

Again disappointing.

KuZmw9i.png

This was great. Very satisfied with amount of goals and points.

PoONe6e.png

tKPG4Zh.png

Rooney, van Persie, Wilson and Di Maria were my best players. I was especially thrilled by Wilson's impact. Young, Jones, Rojo and Evans also did very well. This was my best eleven:

8V9lvtI.png

January season 6 - Spurs have inexplicably been letting Harry Kane's contract run down, so I've just nabbed him for an absolutely ridiculous 1.4 million quid! Win/win - if he doesn't work out, I can sell him for a massive profit. Finally gave up on the almost dead wage monster, Ronaldo. Not terrible, but just not anything like worth the daft contract he's on these days IMO. Got the best defensive record in the league by miles this season. My current 1st choice back line - De Gea, Alaba, Pique, Ramos, Mayke. Otamendi & Stones 3rd & 4th choice CB's. I'll take that!

teams seem to let them run down at random Chelsea did this with Bertrand Traore. picked him up for a steal.. almost sold him to PSG for £40m :lol: but the offers were all addons.. Chelsea wanted to buy him back as well

but yea... Chelsea 2nd in league.. i win this its title done, and look who wins me it :D

B889075A97928A6DD1F840FE84E3D0409E329B95

guy keeping Januzaj and Di Maria out :eek:

9F9E0676E28C6776E9545BC7205A6D48CC48C61D

BDCE34E7909EAE61A34FBFF624E9D7DDB6B4A0C9

only 8 league appearances due to rotation, injury and the irritating African cup of nations :(

Are people winding down in prep for FM16 now? I'm in Feb season 6 & think I might call it a career if I get to the end of the season. Quite fancy Stoke next year. Anyone else had any thoughts on their team for FM16? This has been my most enjoyable save in years and years I've got to say!

yea united again, FC United are playable as well now.

I don't think I could do that. You'd practically be playing the same game over again! I need a brand new story to write - I know the words to this one already!

Archived