FM15: Manchester United F.C. - I'm loving Angel instead

DavidBeckham

when I don't take the League cup seriously I either get a Liverpool/City/Chelsea/Arsenal so I need to beat, or get someone in lower leagues.

as for my instructions, up top, I leave them alone, the shouts do the work

FF833EB9CEFF89862ED46B25B7A8DCE9C30C701E

got instructions on defenders and player in DM, as well as wing backs.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The league cup win surprises me. I treat it like a reserve competition. The board don't care, so why should I? I could win 10-0 or lose 10-0 and they wouldn't give a toss. I play people who need game time and the rest of the positions go to kids.

It's still nice to win silverware. First two seasons I had poor losses with OK but reserve sides out to Championship opposition. Needed to win it at some point and we had a pretty easy run. Lost to Hull in season 5; have gone out on penalties three times now :-/

I had Gotze, he performed well but was hindering the playing time of Odegaard and Munir so I got rid to Arsenal, probably a stupid decision looking back on it now but thankfully he hasn't performed that well for them yet. Their team is full of ex-United players; Rafael, Blind, Gotze, Welbeck, di Maria all in their starting XI.

I bought Ozil for 46M euros from Dortmund. How they were able to get him in 2015/16 for 15.5M euros from Arsenal, I've no idea. Maybe because he only played 15 games for Arsenal in 2014/15.

CuxHj5J.jpg

And the only reason I bought him is because PSG was offering an obscene amount of cash for Januzaj and I wanted to get a ready-made class player in as a replacement.

Wow. Arsenal's been demanding 100 million for him...

when I don't take the League cup seriously I either get a Liverpool/City/Chelsea/Arsenal so I need to beat, or get someone in lower leagues.

as for my instructions, up top, I leave them alone, the shouts do the work

FF833EB9CEFF89862ED46B25B7A8DCE9C30C701E

got instructions on defenders and player in DM, as well as wing backs.

thank you so much - this has made an instant difference. Actually enjoying it again! What sort of instructions do you give the defenders and wing backs then if you don't mind me prying one more time??

I've got the CL Final v Liverpool to look forward to when I get home from work this evening. already secured the league for the 5th year in a row. Just wish I could finish work now to go and play it.

I just slightly panic bought a now 33 year old Di Rossi for £8m after Fellaini (these days my 4th choice CM) pulled a strop and demanded to be sold in January. He wouldn't sign anything shorter than a 2.5 year deal. Much longer than I wanted. Hopefully he holds up...

Fellaini yet another reject off to Zenit. Hernandez is already there, and Fellaini will be leaving for St Petersburg at the same time as the forgotten man of my squad & somebody who was never going to fit in to the way I play - Ander Herrera. Those guys pay good money, too! Got near enough their values for both of them, despite neither clearly being anywhere near first choice.

Liverpool still killing everyone, but I'm just about keeping pace. 3pts behind them in 2nd. Depay is an absolute monster for them. Not signing him is a real regret.

Bit of a weird one -they've just randomly put Buyatelly up for sale. £24m. Worth a cheeky look? Anyone had him in this years game? Is he as prone to strops as he is IRL? It's just, I've scouted him extensively and nobody mentions any kind of attitude problem...

Depay is the best player on the game for me, phenomenal.

I nearly bought him when Liverpool started sniffing around him, but at the time, Ashley Young was in the form of his life. He ended that (2nd) season as my joint top scorer, so I didn't feel a pressing need for anyone there. Cut to season three, and his stats & value are suddenly heading towards the gutter & he's out for 3 months with a tear that will almost certainly put the final nail in the coffin of any question of him being past his best or not. I imagine I'll move him on in the summer. For whatever little I can get for him. I think his value had fallen to about £6.5m last time I looked. A real nosedive. And that was before this injury!

I nearly bought him when Liverpool started sniffing around him, but at the time, Ashley Young was in the form of his life. He ended that (2nd) season as my joint top scorer, so I didn't feel a pressing need for anyone there. Cut to season three, and his stats & value are suddenly heading towards the gutter & he's out for 3 months with a tear that will almost certainly put the final nail in the coffin of any question of him being past his best or not. I imagine I'll move him on in the summer. For whatever little I can get for him. I think his value had fallen to about £6.5m last time I looked. A real nosedive. And that was before this injury!

I signed Depay first season for £17m I think, he's been brilliant for me. The last two seasons (2018/19 and 2019/20) he's really pushed on, getting 49 goals and 47 goals respectively, with around 30 assists a season from AML!

Getting a bit bored of my current save, having created an amazing team, so I might start up a Man United save tonight, I've dabbled in the past, but I'll do it properly this time.

My plan is to hoover up the young talent, loan them out, in the hope of selling for big profits later down the line to fund moves for Ronaldo, Pogba etc but also make United incredibly rich in the process and return them to the top, shouldn't be too hard, but I'm a United fan, so this will probably be my last FM15 save.

Same here, would never dream of buying another LB to replace him. Never injured, never moans.

Funny how different saves can go. Very much 2nd choice for me. If he wasn't English, I may well have sold him by now. Baines an absolute beast & hands down my best buy of the save. An assist (and penalty taking) machine. Highest rating in my whole squad in every single season so far, and shortlisted for the world player of the year last season. 32 now & showing no signs of slowing down. Shaw only really gets games when Baines needs a rest, or in meaningless games.

I think Shaw just needs to be developed. If you play him in most games you'll get the reward of having a top class LB. When Baines starts to deteriorate will you replace him or give Shaw a shot?

I don't expect that to happen for a long time yet despite Baines' age. Still the highest average rating in the league by quite some way & natural fitness 20. I think even a deteriorating Baines will still be a pretty damn good player. I play with attacking WB's and for me, Shaw doesn't get anywhere near enough assists right now to be considered a replacement for Baines at this point.

Started a United save last night, here is my business:

f236hh.png

2vhu9mq.png

Only Depay, Balanta, Clyne and Hummels were signed for the first team. The rest will be trained up, loaned out, and sold on for a profit further down the line.

February season 3. After being a goal machine for the first two seasons, I now can't GIVE Ashley Young away! I've gone down to as low as a million quid, and STILL nobody will bite! Just minor interest from Newcastle. WTH?!?!

How on EARTH did you get Hummels in season one?! He wouldn't come to me for all the money in the universe!

This. I've had a few saves at United and he's turned me down in the first season every time.

Has anyone signed Koke from Athletico Madrid? Could you guys recommend signings for man utd 1stseason I need left back shaw broke his leg in pre seaon. Also Right back and right winger please

Baines, Baines, Baines. My best signing by a MILLION miles. Best player in the league, my captain. A no brainer.

Has anyone signed Koke from Athletico Madrid? Could you guys recommend signings for man utd 1stseason I need left back shaw broke his leg in pre seaon. Also Right back and right winger please

Gaya from Valencia is the best left back you can get. Played Shaw out of my team and is always in EPL top 10 players. And very young at the start of the game!

82phjEl.jpg

Just finished my fourth season. Fourth consecutive Premier League title. Not really a challenge anymore. Though this was the first year I also won the Champions League and the FA cup. And my B-team did win the Capital One Cup.

Now, for next season, how can I set myself a new challenge? Trying to do an 'invincibles' season?

DJL0T7S.jpg

Secured CL qualification with 8 games to go. Given £101m to spend, and a spare £1m in wages! In the fairly awkward position of not really knowing how to spend it. Mostly happy with the squad right now tbh. I do need a RB who can play as an attacking WB role wise. Had a £13m bid accepted for Mayke. Scouts don't rate him, but he looks bloody exciting to me & has averaged in the mid-to high 7's in every single season consistently so far in Brazil. After that, not sure. Might look at a wide player. Depay would be amazing, but I doubt all the money in the world would tempt Liverpool to sell. *sigh*. The one that got away...

Secured CL qualification with 8 games to go. Given £101m to spend, and a spare £1m in wages! In the fairly awkward position of not really knowing how to spend it. Mostly happy with the squad right now tbh. I do need a RB who can play as an attacking WB role wise. Had a £13m bid accepted for Mayke. Scouts don't rate him, but he looks bloody exciting to me & has averaged in the mid-to high 7's in every single season consistently so far in Brazil. After that, not sure. Might look at a wide player. Depay would be amazing, but I doubt all the money in the world would tempt Liverpool to sell. *sigh*. The one that got away...

Claims to have no idea how to spend all that money - hours later signs Neymar for £96m... :D

It appears that FIVE teams have qualified for the CL from the Prem this season (16/17). New rule? Bayern won it so the holders didn't come from the Prem. I'm sure the "rules" section of all leagues used to contain exactly what positions qualified for which competitions. Unless I'm being blind or they've moved it somewhere else, it really needs to come back. Particularly for people who might be new to managing in a certain league, but not familiar with how many euro spaces they get.

It appears that FIVE teams have qualified for the CL from the Prem this season (16/17). New rule? Bayern won it so the holders didn't come from the Prem. I'm sure the "rules" section of all leagues used to contain exactly what positions qualified for which competitions. Unless I'm being blind or they've moved it somewhere else, it really needs to come back. Particularly for people who might be new to managing in a certain league, but not familiar with how many euro spaces they get.

Who won the Euro Cup last year? They get a CL spot even if it means 5 from the same country are in it.

Which leads me to wonder if two English clubs can be drawn in the same group. Could you keep an eye out for that?

Yeah I'll try to remember. I'm a notoriously slow player, so it won't be soon or anything! lol

Meanwhile, the board have set their minimum expectations for season 4 - win the league, win the FA Cup, get to the CL final.... Oh well, it's been a good run! :D

Archived