FM15: Manchester United F.C. - I'm loving Angel instead

DavidBeckham

I have done my team Crystal Palace for 5 years... Done quite well and what I expected them to do... I bought in game editor and won everything with United over 1st 2 seasons so

now is the time I do a serious Man UTD Five Year Plan Save!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End of 1st Transfer window:

In:

Balanta, Baines, Dani Alves, Depay, Ward-Prowse, Dede and Marquinhos total £61mil.

Out:

Various youngsters that wont make it.

Anders Lindegaard, Ben Amos, Young, Fellaini total £29mil

Playing 4-4-2:

GK: De Gea/Valdes

RB: Dani Alves/Rafael

DC: Dede/Smalling/Marquinhos/Balanta

DC: Smalling/Blind/Rojo

DL: Baines/Shaw

MCR: Herrera/Carrick

MCL: Ward-Prowse/Powell

WGR: Mata/Januzaj

WGL: Di Maria/Depay

SCL: Rooney/RVP

SCR: Falcao/Wilson

End of 1st Transfer window:

In:

Balanta, Baines, Dani Alves, Depay, Ward-Prowse, Dede and Marquinhos total £61mil.

Out:

Various youngsters that wont make it.

Anders Lindegaard, Ben Amos, Young, Fellaini total £29mil

Playing 4-4-2:

RB: Dani Alves/Rafael

DC: Dede/Smalling/Marquinhos/Balanta

DC: Smalling/Blind/Rojo

DL: Baines/Shaw

MCR: Herrera/Carrick

MCL: Ward-Prowse/Powell

WGR: Mata/Januzaj

SCR: Falcao/Wilson

Where's Jones? I've done 2 long United saves and he's definitely the top CB for me and thats over Marquinhos and Varane.

On the first save i did before the Transfer update i ended up selling Rojo and Evans after they complained about not getting enough forst team football because Jones and Varane were undropable

25 games in and currently 3rd in the league... 12 points behind 2nd

knocked out 3rd round of the FA cup and semi finals of the carling cup....

Falcao has scored 24 goals and Rooney 21 Goals... Is it really worth keeping Falcao?

Finished season 2nd to Liverpool...

Given 85mil to spend!

Amazed how quickly top players become interested/easy to buy from Bayern/Real/Barcelona!

Jan transfer window I Picked up Thiago on loan with a view to buy for 25mil and Clyne from southampton for £15mil he was to replace rafeal. Rodriguez for 15mil to replace Baines

Johnny Evans left for 12mil to help fund my spending!

During the summer I brought in Ronaldo £88mil (25 up front rest on installments), Pogba £70mil (20 up front rest on installments) Lewandowski £45mil (10 upfront 35 installments)

Took up the option to sign Thiago as well at 25mil

Out: Falcao, Baines to Chelski £30 mil, Rojo to PSG £13mil, Blind to Juventus £13 mil, Valencia to Lyon £5 mil

RB: Dani Alves/Clyne/Rafeal

DC: Jones/Dede/Marquinhos/Balanta

DC: Smalling/Balanta/Dede

DL: Rodriguez/Shaw/Clyne

MCR: Pogba/Ward-Prowse/Carrick

MCL: Thiago/Ward-Prowse/Powell

WGR: Ronaldo/Januzaj

SCR: Lewandowski/Wilson

I am expected to win the league this season, win the FA Cup and reach the final of the Chumps League with the players brought in...

My aim this season is to build on last season bring in youngsters and be in a position to be able to sign Bale, Neymar and Alaba.

January 2016 - It is possible for me to sign Neymar! I will probably wait until the Summer and have him as replacement to RVP? Alternatiing with Rooney in the f9 position?

RB: Dani Alves/Clyne/Rafeal

DC: Marquinhos/Jones/Dede

DC: Smalling/Balanta/Dede

DL: Rodriguez/Shaw/Clyne

MCR: Pogba/Ward-Prowse/Carrick

MCL: Di Maria/Thiago/Ward-Prowse/

WGR: Ronaldo/Januzaj

WGL: Depay/Di Maria

SCL/F9: Rooney/RVP

SCR: Lewandowski/Wilson

Some small changes made since the transfer window - won all my champs league group games!

Needed some back-up for the wings, he's decent and I managed to get him for £24m.

Not bad but I think you better off getting a decent regen back up than Sterling :D

Good season btw, who you got knocked out by in CL?

Not bad but I think you better off getting a decent regen back up than Sterling :D

Good season btw, who you got knocked out by in CL?

Probably could, will sell him on in a year or so, just felt good taking a player off Liverpool.

Chelsea, think it was 7-3 on agg in the semi final.

Just half way through second season still in everything and leading the way in the league.

I have a small issue with RVP contract up and not willing to sign new contract with him breaking his leg out for 7 months he wants a new challenge...

Leaves me with Rooney and Kane only play one up top but want and feel I need to bring in another striker quality for the champions league what do people recommend for me help would be great :)

Most one sided Champions League final i'll ever be involved in.

mRSkbhr.png?1

Just finished season 22-23.AI squad management is so poor nobody will ever be able to challenge my United team but I'm committed to carrying this single save through to FM 16.

Coming to the end of season two. I'm toying with selling Mata (currently 2nd choice behind the ever improving Jazzpants) and replacing him with Barkley. Too soon?... Mata is still only in his mid-twenties and still loves an assist! But Barkley's English (something I'm trying to focus on more), younger, and more physical so could it seems do a good job in centre-mid too. BUT his game stats (assists, average ratings etc) don't compare to Juan's right now. Should I give things another season?...

Oh and to the guy above who was asking about right backs, I ended up signing Clyne too btw and he's great. Rafael demanded to move on deadline day because Alves was having a (deserved) run in the side and he threw his toys out about it. It was only a handful of games too! So to keep squad harmony, I flogged him to Everton (who for whatever hilarious reason, haven't registered him to play in the league) and slapped in a slightly panicked £10m bid for Clyne with the hours ticking down and Jim White no doubt whipping himself into a frenzy.

I sold Mata to Juventus at the end of the second season, eventhough my team didn't suffer and we won countless trophies after it, it was probably a bad idea. He has been quality at Juve and still is, I've just started the 2019/20 season.

I'd keep hold of him, then sell when he hits 30 or so. He's one of the best players on the game.

Just completed my first season at united in the 2021-2022 season, who had previously sacked Pep Guardiola for finishing 5th in his first season at the club.

After taking over a squad littered with players wanting to leave for Champions league football I tried to pacify the majority with the promise of reaching that level at the end of the season, But for some that wasn’t good enough which lead to the pain of selling players such as Depay for £60 mil to PSG and Berardi for £50 mil to league rivals Arsenal.

This left me a little short of wide options, so started the season with a 3-4-3 formation which then developed into a lop sided 4-3-3.

The squad I was left with had a fairly ageing number of big names including a 37 year old Cristiano Ronaldo and a 34 year old Cavani in front of a 33 year old Juan Mata. A 30 year old Gundogen, 29 year old Phil Jones and a 30 year old Rafael.

Whilst a lot of the younger quality players had left the club Including Shaw who was now back at Southampton and Januzaj who had left for PSG only to return as Judas at Liverpool.

Although there were still world class players in the squad with a few very good English and european regens, Ruben Neves, James ward Prowse, Ross Barkley, Juan Bernat, Robin Knoche and the ever present David De Gea.

I decided as I always do not to completely revamp the squad in the first season and work with what I have bar the odd signing including Jovic to replace Berardi for £35mil from Inter Milan.

As a united fan I really wanted one last hoorah for Cristiano Ronaldo, his previous season under Guardiola finished with a 7.45 average rating in the league scoring 14 and assisting just the one. Which you can’t really grumble at considering his age but I thought with his stats he could do slightly better even if it was only in 60/70% of games as I was concerned whether he could take another full season.

And he did just that, Cristiano produced the last hoorah I had wished for winning the world player of the year at 37 as well as player of the season and top goal scorer in the league. His stats for the season finished with 33 league appearances 43 goals, 9 assists and an average of 8.13!

I can’t recall ever having a goal return like that on any FM but I’m glad it happened to Cristiano, who I had tried to set the tactic around with the intention of him scoring but in fact all 3 of my strikers no matter who, managed to score or assist with 3 players scoring more than 10 league goals and Cavani finishing with the joint most assists (17).

Incredibly happy to have gotten the United job this late into the game as I usually start as united but end up giving up on the save after 2-3 seasons, but I now have the chance to re-build the squad alongside an American CB I brought from Brentford who I won promotion with and a Brazilian midfielder to hopefully take over Gundogen in the near future both purchased in January, as well as the clubs debts finally being completed in less than a years’ time. This should hopefully push us on to win the Champions league which United haven’t won since 2008! Whilst Liverpool have won it 3 times since then without winning the League title.

1st pre-season game of season 3 about 5 days away... Ronaldo is home! Spent an obscene amount, but who cares? :D

IN

(keep in mind I wanted to focus on players trained in England)

Carlos Vela

Alex Song (a steal - £2.4m)

John Stones

Onur Kivrak - free! Worth £18.25m now. Not bad for a back up keeper!

Ronaldo

Total - ashamed to say :D

3rd season finished. 3rd straight title, 2nd straight Champions League.

Ronaldo was obsencnly good, averaging 1.8 goals per game, scoring 82 goals! Missed around 15 games this season through injury, so would have easily hit 100+ goals if he'd stayed injury free :(

Kf3josy.png

ysLBk06.png

735f4R0.png

For the 4th season, signed Messi! Have Mario Gotze coming in on a free transfer.

Sold Juan Mata back to Chelsea - but now have an attack/midfield made up of Ronaldo, Messi, Rooney, Bale, Di Maria, Kross, Pogba, Januzaj, Gotze!

Taking on the 'Zidanes y Pavones', galactico approach, so will pad out a largely small squad with youth team talents, and younger/cheaper players.

cIAXvU9.png

7 games into season 3 & two points behind a frighteningly good looking Liverpool side. But finally starting to look like proper contenders. Mean a Hell at the back & always score at least one. Slight fly in the ointment is the apparent downturn of Ashley Young. My joint top scorer last season, and an integral part of my team up to now. Still only 31, but looks for all the world like he's on a terminal slide. Even his price has gone down the toilet. £6.5m despite being on a six-figure salary and having three years left on his deal. Quite bizarre. Anybody else found this with him? I just wonder if he's just having a mega-sulk because he's behind Ronaldo now.

Started to cast half an eye on a replacement. Given Raheem Sterling is likely a pipedream unless I'm willing to part with insane cash, and given that I want to sign a trained in England player to keep me onside with the Champions League rules, I've been very taken with Jack Grealish? My scouts don't think I should sign him (for reasons they apparently don't wish to elaborate on. Hate that) but he's young, scoring goals, English (despite pulling an Andy Townsend) and looks to me to be a decent candidate for understudy to Ronaldo. Get him trained by him & hope he grows beyond scouts expectations. could also throw Young into the deal and offer him the chance to finish his career back at Villa. Thoughts?

Start of my fourth season with the club and Robin van Persie is still going very, very strong. How long does it normally take for him to decline?

5F5QU5f.jpg

I sold him to Spurs (with Rooney) at the end of season one. Didn't really want to, but he was on the bench and wanted to leave. Scored a hat-full for them. Currently 9 games into season three. Appears to be slowing somewhat. Rooney all-but finished at 30. Bench fodder for a Struggling Spurs team.

I bought Ozil for 46M euros from Dortmund. How they were able to get him in 2015/16 for 15.5M euros from Arsenal, I've no idea. Maybe because he only played 15 games for Arsenal in 2014/15.

CuxHj5J.jpg

And the only reason I bought him is because PSG was offering an obscene amount of cash for Januzaj and I wanted to get a ready-made class player in as a replacement.

DB377CA6B2E1B10871AB8936D6DCFF151459FD59

D372867AA124FFC10AE9CC13BF1E82952E3FCBBA

beat Chelsea with this team because of Injuries

417E74362B5829DF8C09301ACD2D99DA037BB58D

Hello.... do you mind me being cheeky and ask what instructions you use? I notice you're using classic - and I'm playing this now on my iPad, but really struggling with tactics. You play the same formation as me but clearly get better results...can I ask what '10' instructions you use?

Just finished season 4 - manage to win 6 out of the 7 competitions entered into; losing the Champions League Final late in extra time to Bayern :(

Very disappointed as wanted to win the clean sweep on all seven but will have to make do with PL, FA Cup, League Cup, Community Shield, European Super Cup and Club World Championship.

The loss to Bayern also meant we couldn't retain the Champions League title.

Start of season 5 signed a great regen striker for £54 million and Oliver from Atletico Madrid for £65 million - slightly stacked out on midfielders and attacking midfielders now so may be a struggle to keep everyone happy. Stupidly lost to Hull in the League Cup but instead aiming for the unbeaten season - 11 games in and 11 games won including aways at Arsenal and Man City. Liverpool away up next so if we can get through that, unbeaten season could be on. Won the Community Shield against Chelsea convincingly.

@tommonufc - Ain't it getting too easy with Man Utd by now?

It is now with Messi and Gotze joining. Am playing on this season with more developed Mitchell, and Fosu-Mensah, and Ruben Neves as a starting playing which is keeping it a little more interesting.

Yet to flood the squad with regen wonderkids which usually signals the end of my interest in a save very quickly.

Just finished season 4 - manage to win 6 out of the 7 competitions entered into; losing the Champions League Final late in extra time to Bayern :(

Very disappointed as wanted to win the clean sweep on all seven but will have to make do with PL, FA Cup, League Cup, Community Shield, European Super Cup and Club World Championship.

The loss to Bayern also meant we couldn't retain the Champions League title.

Start of season 5 signed a great regen striker for £54 million and Oliver from Atletico Madrid for £65 million - slightly stacked out on midfielders and attacking midfielders now so may be a struggle to keep everyone happy. Stupidly lost to Hull in the League Cup but instead aiming for the unbeaten season - 11 games in and 11 games won including aways at Arsenal and Man City. Liverpool away up next so if we can get through that, unbeaten season could be on. Won the Community Shield against Chelsea convincingly.

The league cup win surprises me. I treat it like a reserve competition. The board don't care, so why should I? I could win 10-0 or lose 10-0 and they wouldn't give a toss. I play people who need game time and the rest of the positions go to kids.

Archived