FM15: Manchester United F.C. - I'm loving Angel instead

DavidBeckham

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi guys, i was wondering if anyone has played to the point that they payed back their loan?

Not yet but I intend to.

Bayern came and enquired about Munir (my star player with Depay) and because Munir was in U21 because he wanted out, I got €43m for him and get to keep him for 18 months. Really happy with that deal as he can play for the team again.

I've just created history in the Premier League! With a massive 8 games left to play, we have just secured the Premier League title! I'm absolutely ecstatic because it's been a rough ride as manager of Manchester United over the years as I've looked to work within our means and pull a significant profit each year.

Here's our points tally over the years...

14/15 - 90 - 2nd place

15/16 - 81 - 1st place - Champions

16/17 - 82 - 1st place - Champions

17/18 - 85 - 3rd place

18/19 - 86 - with 8 games left to play - Champions

I think I've built my most complete squad in the history of playing Football Manager. I've had great squads and great players over the years and I've even had a player touted as the next Diego Maradona who played in a great team, but it all comes down to each and every single position on the pitch and this has to be better than a great squad, it's legendary! It basically wreaks of Barcelona's domination period of late (2008 - 2013) and I think this team will do something similar over the next 2 to 3 years. It's also scary that 5 of the 11 players in the team are aged 22 down to 18 and have plenty of potential still to fill according to the coaches.

Need to see your squad now you've bigged them up :)

Sounds very impressive - especially the ages as this will hopefully add to the longevity of your success

Mid way through my first season, 5 points clear at the top with a game in hand (Spurs) over the rest and Into the quarter finals of the League Cup vs Blackburn.

Transfers In

Arturo Vidal

Claudio Marchisio

Lucas Moura

Benedikt Höwedes

John Stones

Will Hughes

Jesus Vallejo

Martin Odegaard

Álvaro Arbeloa

- £175m

Transfers Out

Chris Smalling

Ashley Young

Antonio Valencia

Marouane Fellaini

Anderson

- £75m

Drawn 3 matches and lost 1, drew 0-0 away at Sunderland, drew 3-3 away at City, drew 0-0 away at Stoke and lost to Chelsea away 3-2.

My Team

GK – David De Gea

DL – Luke Shaw (Full Back, Automatic)

DR – Rafael (Full Back, Automatic)

DC – Phil Jones (Limited Defender)

DC - Benedikt Höwedes (Limited Defender)

MC - Claudio Marchisio (Deep Lying Playmaker, Defend)

MC – Arturo Vidal (Box to Box, Support)

AML – Angel Di Maria (Winger, Attack)

AMR – Lucas Moura (Winger, Attack) / Januzaj (Advanced Playmaker, Attack)

AMC – Juan Mata (Advanced Playmaker) / Wayne Rooney (Advanced Playmaker) / Robin Van Persie (Trequartista)

ST – Falcao (Advanced Forward) / Robin Van Persie (Trequartista) / Wayne Rooney (Complete Forward)

Van Persie & Falcao sharing the goals so far, I have had very little injuries so far so picking my strikers is very hard every game but I tend to rotate them equally, although Rooney hasn’t played as well as the others so he gets left out more. Marchisio has been quietly effective for me, he just keeps the ball and dictates the tempo of my play which is all I ask of him. Herrera is unhappy at not getting enough game time as is Carrick (I’ll let the latter go in the summer) but Marchisio fits my system better than Herrera and hasn’t been injured once.

All in all going well, I have Burnley (A), Swansea (H), Spurs (H) as my next 3 league games before I face Liverpool (A) if I win all 3 I’ll be at least 8 points clear.

how do you get the best out of ADM i played him aml as winger attack and rpm in cm

help?

I just have him as AML - Winger, Attack and he's been the top form player in the league, he will occasionally be a inconsistent but generally he does fine. No extra player instructions. At home i retain possession, whipped crosses, play wider, close down more, more expressive in an attacking/fluid 4-2-3-1, i will occasionally focus passing down the wings, i up the tempo when i need a goal and lower it when i'm cruising, work ball into box if i'm wasting chances.

Just starting my 2nd season, just wondering what people do regarding Powell and Henriquez? I sold Chicharito, Lingard, let Carrick & Fletcher go on a free, i also sold Evans and replaced him with Balanta so my defence is Howedes, Jones, Rojo, Stones & Balanta.

I have around £80m to spend and i was thinking of going for Pogba and selling Powell & Henriquez would help ease the blow of his transfer fee and i also want to buy some good regens to bolster my u21's as a lot of them i released on a free.

Thing is i'm in too minds whether Powell or Henriquez will develop into anything special, they both look pretty solid now but they seem too old to have enough time to develop.

Hi, I'm close to finishing my first season with Man United. My question is: What do you do with Van Persie? With 8 matches left, he's the PL top scorer and 2nd in the avr.rating charts. However, he is on a huge contract with 13 months left and 31 years old. Cash in on him in the summer, offer a new contract or let him go for free next summer? I'm leaning towards the 3rd option. What would you do?

Re-started my save with United after months of inactivity on it!

Have now finished the first season and came away with the FA Cup & the League title - lost in the final of the Capital One Cup to Chelsea 1-0!

Squad at the start of the second season is looking like this:

GK: De Gea/Leali/Jovic

CB: Varane/Evans/Rojo

CB: Jones/Balanta/Stones

LWB: Shaw/Blind

RWB: Rafael/Clyne

CDM: Romero/Gil Romero

CM: Di Maria/Mata/Odegaard

CM: Pogba/Tielemans/Verratti

ST: Januzaj/Depay

ST: Falcao/Wilson/Berahino

ST: Rooney/Reus

Fairly sure there's a couple of players there I've missed out - but hoping to make it a treble this season!! Any recommendations to where I can improve the team?

liamboye - Van Persie got over 20 goals for me first season, but I sold him at the end of the campaign for £18.5m to Real Madrid!

Hi, I'm close to finishing my first season with Man United. My question is: What do you do with Van Persie? With 8 matches left, he's the PL top scorer and 2nd in the avr.rating charts. However, he is on a huge contract with 13 months left and 31 years old. Cash in on him in the summer, offer a new contract or let him go for free next summer? I'm leaning towards the 3rd option. What would you do?

I’m at the start of my 2nd season and Van Persie got more goals than appearances for me in all competitions so I think I’m going to keep him then either let him go on a free or ill give him another year and sell him in my 3rd season, I hope he has one more good year left in him.

Does anyone have any advice on who I should sign? I’m in the middle of pre-season at the start of my second season, so far I’ve signed Balanta, Saul & Ruben Neves, my squad currently looks like this.

GK – De Gea/Lindegaard

DR – Rafael/Arbeloa

DL – Shaw/Blind

DC – Howedes/Jones/Rojo/Stones/Balanta

AMR – Lucas Moura/Januzaj

AML – Di Maria/Januzaj

MC – Vidal/Marchisio/Herrera/Saul/Ruben Neves

AMC – Mata/Rooney/Januzaj

ST – Van Persie/Falcao/Rooney

I really like Saul, he’s 20 and he’s a good all round player, I paid about £35m for him which is a lot for a young player but if all his attributes went up 1 or 2 points he’d be incredible. I loaned Falcao for another season rather than fork out for another striker. My obvious weakness is in defence but I’m reluctant to replace Shaw and Rafael simply because I want to continue developing them.

I did let a lot of poor youngsters go but I also have Odegaard, Will Hughes, Jesus Vallejo in my reserves. I’ve thought about Jese from Madrid as a good young striker with pace, that can be 4th choice until next season. Also Depay is an option, I just worry I’m going to have to many players but last season I was very fortunate with injuries. I’ve sold Carrick, Fletcher, Zaha, Evans, Powell, Henriquez and Hernandez. I was going to buy Pogba and but they want over £200m for him.

Does anyone have any advice on who I should sign? I’m in the middle of pre-season at the start of my second season, so far I’ve signed Balanta, Saul & Ruben Neves, my squad currently looks like this.

GK – De Gea/Lindegaard

DR – Rafael/Arbeloa

DL – Shaw/Blind

DC – Howedes/Jones/Rojo/Stones/Balanta

AMR – Lucas Moura/Januzaj

AML – Di Maria/Januzaj

MC – Vidal/Marchisio/Herrera/Saul/Ruben Neves

AMC – Mata/Rooney/Januzaj

ST – Van Persie/Falcao/Rooney

I really like Saul, he’s 20 and he’s a good all round player, I paid about £35m for him which is a lot for a young player but if all his attributes went up 1 or 2 points he’d be incredible. I loaned Falcao for another season rather than fork out for another striker. My obvious weakness is in defence but I’m reluctant to replace Shaw and Rafael simply because I want to continue developing them.

I did let a lot of poor youngsters go but I also have Odegaard, Will Hughes, Jesus Vallejo in my reserves. I’ve thought about Jese from Madrid as a good young striker with pace, that can be 4th choice until next season. Also Depay is an option, I just worry I’m going to have to many players but last season I was very fortunate with injuries. I’ve sold Carrick, Fletcher, Zaha, Evans, Powell, Henriquez and Hernandez. I was going to buy Pogba and but they want over £200m for him.

Gabriel Barbosa,can play AMR or Striker, what a player.

Gabriel Barbosa,can play AMR or Striker, what a player.

Had a look at him, looks like he'd cost me though and his agent owns 40% of him, maybe ill see how much he'll set me back.

I kind of don't need a first choice striker because i play 1 striker and an AMC and Rooney, Mata, RVP, Falcao & Januzaj who can all play there, but the ages of my main 3 and lack of pace makes me think i need a backup plan, so i was going to sign a young backup striker who i won't be under any pressure to play. I'll try for Barbosa tonight i think. It's just so hard to pay £20-30mill+ for a young backup lol but i guess that's football now.

he won't be a backup when you consider how old the current crop of strikers are.

and speaking of backup players, why are they asking for first team football URGH.

gave em a game despite them being fairly good for the youth team in the position, because it was a league cup game though and was 4-0 up on aggregate

A5DA1177092B53EC8526F484C6D6B0993129BB85

goal and an assist

Stating this save again in FMC. I really want to get my philosophy going with this team. High pressure/Mix passing style like a Bielsa. Wingbacks cutting in and Wingers staying wide.

Ins

Munir 16.75M

Tielemans 20M

Ante Coric 2M

Alper Ademoglu 1M

Adama Traore Loan w/ option to buy

Bonazzolli 1.7M

Eder Alvarez Balanta 8M

Douglas Costa 13M

Pavel Savitsky 190k

Lucas Romero 10M

Matias Kranvitter + agent fees 8M

Ganso 8M + agent fees

Gabigol 14M + agent fees

Outs

Ashley Young to Spurs 20.5M

Chris Smalling to Everton 7M

Antonio Valencia to Villarreal 11.25M

Anderson to Swansea 5M

Darren Fletcher to Villa 3.7M

Lots of loans

4th ATM, and I hope it stays that way

he won't be a backup when you consider how old the current crop of strikers are.

I bought him and put him in my under 21's along with Odegaard, Will Hughes, Jesus Valejo, Ruben Neves and Patrick Roberts. After reading a lot of people keep their best prospects at the club rather than loaning them i decided to build a great under 21 team in order to win games and develop the players better. May send some out on loan in January depending on how their development goes.

Vidal was pissed off i sold Henriquez, he's also pissed off when i brought him back to training early (along with Rooney) even though it was the beginning of July. He's also wanting me to strengthen the squad. He's the the only player that i ever have a real problem with, he's so hard to manage. In truth though, i haven't signed any established first team players (Saul is the closest to being first team i've signed) i wanted Pogba but they wanted too much so i just invested heavily with the best young talent, i MAY sign Depay for the first team, although he would be backup for Di Maria.

Also John Stones got a serious viral infection and is out between 7 - 9 months, so annoying. He's not first team yet but he's developing well and this will seriously hinder his progress.

True. I'm surprised that I get that much for someone who is literally crap

I couldn't get more than £17m for him.

I managed to get £22m + instalments for Valencia and £16m for Smalling though.

Manchester Untied: 2014/15

Started a Manchester United save with a transfer update, here are my transfers for the first window:

2z3xkk2.png

Decided to bring a few legends/ex-MUFC personnel back into the coaching set up:

qxkvaq.png

25u5py0.png

oi82ud.png

jimj5i.png

Here is the league standings so far, I'm absolutely dominating it, just beat Chelsea 4-0 at Old Trafford:

2s681uq.png

I'm through in the League Cup after beating Derby County 2-1 with my youth players, next up is Aston Villa.

stevemc great price for valencia mate!!

I am holding out for the patch before having a new game going to try and make Utd an almost english team and play 4-4-2 might be a big mistake but going to try might take a couple of transfer windows to get there might try the old 3 foreign player rule type situation??

initially going to try and sell valencia/mata/dont want to part with de gea herrera di maria at first but will have too

try to get kane/ward prowse/hughes/shawcross/ings(on free)/clyne

will be interesting to see how much the sales generate and if I will be able to get ''top'' english players in like sterling/wilshere/walcott etc anyone had any joy getting that type of player in

really, i find it really hard to win if i make my own tactics. i only win using other peoples!!

If you build an attacking tactic, I find its really easy to win and dominate games, specially with stronger teams like Manchester United.

After getting third last year and making it to the final, I was given 72M. Okay

Season 2

Yarmolenko Free

Afellay Free

Eduardo Vargas Free

Roberto Pereyra Free

Zakaria Bakkali Free

Facundo Ferreyra from Shaktar 10.25M

Ryan Shawcross from Stoke 10M + Herrera

Lucas Silva from Cruziero 19M

Outs

Jesse Lingard to Notts Forest 6.75M

Michael Keane to Bristol City 1.5M

RVP to RM 15M

Chicharito to Everton 30M

Marnick Vermijl to Notts Forest 225k

Nani to Valencia 22M

lots of frees and loans

Also recalled James Wilson, Varela, and Henriquez and gave them new deals. Also got a decent youth intake. Got 2 guys with great potential

I am holding out for the patch before having a new game going to try and make Utd an almost english team and play 4-4-2 might be a big mistake but going to try might take a couple of transfer windows to get there might try the old 3 foreign player rule type situation??

initially going to try and sell valencia/mata/dont want to part with de gea herrera di maria at first but will have too

try to get kane/ward prowse/hughes/shawcross/ings(on free)/clyne

will be interesting to see how much the sales generate and if I will be able to get ''top'' english players in like sterling/wilshere/walcott etc anyone had any joy getting that type of player in

Yeah it is doable. I used to do something similar, though Clyne and co are crap players thesedays heh!

4-4-2 is perfectly doable, it's my standard formation and it allowed me to beat Manchester City 7-1 for laughs in the Premier League.

after patch we can only hope they buff Kane then for the all English, problem is getting some of the other top English talent is hard when they are rivals.

oh and comedy 2-1 win away at city

Rooney through on goal... hits the post like a moron, defender hacks the lose ball away.... onto the head of Yaya Toure.... for an OG :D

Yeah it is doable. I used to do something similar, though Clyne and co are crap players thesedays heh!

4-4-2 is perfectly doable, it's my standard formation and it allowed me to beat Manchester City 7-1 for laughs in the Premier League.

glad to see someone else using it

the plan is a team that will be british/mostly english should be interesting

after patch we can only hope they buff Kane then for the all English, problem is getting some of the other top English talent is hard when they are rivals.

oh and comedy 2-1 win away at city

Rooney through on goal... hits the post like a moron, defender hacks the lose ball away.... onto the head of Yaya Toure.... for an OG :D

yep getting a player from the arse, or liverpool have been impossible before

Archived