FM15: Manchester United F.C. - I'm loving Angel instead

DavidBeckham

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im thinking of selling RVP at the start of the save to fund falcao what you guys think

RVP has always been a monster for me:D, I would give it careful consideration mate, but I suppose its down to formation/tactics... I will be using I believe what LVG want 4-3-3 with 2 pacey frowards and a proven top goalscorer(falcao/rvp)

the playesr who doesnt do it for me are rooney/mata:confused:(strange thing if I holiday game both do well....Mata very well), if you sell both/either of these you will raise approx40m each

RVP has always been a monster for me:D, I would give it careful consideration mate, but I suppose its down to formation/tactics... I will be using I believe what LVG want 4-3-3 with 2 pacey frowards and a proven top goalscorer(falcao/rvp)

the playesr who doesnt do it for me are rooney/mata:confused:(strange thing if I holiday game both do well....Mata very well), if you sell both/either of these you will raise approx40m each

Yeah i play 1 up front in a 4-2-3-1 formation

well this is a good start in the League

they got a penalty from lord knows what.. they take a corner and get a flipping Penalty

Falcao also hit a shot against the INSIDE of the post... for it to bounce right back out again -_-

A61585972DFA1B234CAB2B5F3F3C0186E6C68082

was first game of the new season so top of the league and Chelsea Bottom \o/

and this guy has been impressive for me, if you are looking for a cheap defender with premier league experience

7FDF1141DFE3A01E08BD6FB79B91BACDD2482918

Anyone used Sean Goss, Tom Thorpe, or Pat McNair?? How are they developing in your save?? Goss's potential is pretty high, tho

Never used any of them. Maybe I should have given Goss a go.

Demetri Mitchell, Andreas Pereira and Timothy Fosu-Mensah are developing into great players though!

Just looking for some strategy advice - Next game is the second leg of the CL quarter final. Playing Chelsea at Old Trafford. I won the first game 2-1 at Stamford Bridge - started the game sitting deep and countering and it was an even enough game, they scored but then they conceded a penalty and had a player sent off. I scored the penalty, then got another before half time. After half time I changed tactics to push up and attack more (to take advantage of the ten men) but the rest of the game was all Chelsea and they probably should have had an equaliser.

I'm trying to decide what to do in this game, attack at the start and try and score a goal (which would make the lead much more comfortable), sit deep and defend (as they would need to score at least two to knock me out) or just try and control the game and see what happens. I play a 4-5-1 so if I was defending I would drop the two CMs back to CDM and have 6 defensive players and four attackers.

I reeeeeally want to win this as my league form has been iffy and I've dropped from comfortably first to third after losing to Liverpool, Arsenal, City and Chelsea (some of the games by 2 or 3 goals) so if I get into the semi finals of the CL I think my job will be safe even if I can't turn the league around and go first again.

Any advice is appreciated.

I have just finished season 4, and what a season it was, I dominated everything, even more than I did last season, going the whole season unbeaten and only losing 2 games in all comps.

Here are my transfers for the season, so good names in and out and a few youngsters.

rsz_transfers_transfer_history.jpg

rsz_english_premier_division_overview_profile.jpg

As you can see, we were rampant. I was disappointed as I was aiming to win every league game but came close. I intend to aim for that in season 5 though ) Neymar was one goa away from making 4th spot in the top goal scorer list :p

rsz_competitions_competitions.jpg

For the second season running we won everything we entered :)

rsz_schedule_senior_fixtures.jpg

rsz_schedule_senior_fixtures_2.jpg

Here are the player stats for he seasn, James Wilson was unbelievable, considering I only play 1 upfront and Rooney was my main striker.

rsz_squad_players_players.jpg

Oh and I also did this during the summer :p

rsz_inbox_inbox.jpg

I had a 16 year old left back from my United team, who I think only managed 1 sub appearance for me, in my squad and he played a few games and also scored haha.

I have broken sooo many records this season for club and country and I want to break many more over the next few years.

My plans for the new season are potentially clearing out a lot of the older players like Rooney, Mata, Di Maria etc. I haven't decided yet. I have such a good youth team who deserve a chance to play, so may just sell a load. I don't know yet what to do.

If you want to see any players attributes now just et me know :)

Im 4-0 with 30 mins to go away at palace no one gets sent off and somehow i lose 5-4. Also defenders taking forever to get to the ball when the attacker is chasing them im sorry but SI need to get this sorted

Did you change anything after you lost a couple of goals?Down to counter?Clear ball to flanks?Sounds like they were attacking you en masse and would have left acres of space in behind for you to exploit?

I've lost a 3 goal lead before but never 4.

Did you change anything after you lost a couple of goals?Down to counter?Clear ball to flanks?Sounds like they were attacking you en masse and would have left acres of space in behind for you to exploit?

I've lost a 3 goal lead before but never 4.

All i did was tell them to control keep the ball all of a sudden palace we like barca and my players just wet themselves

MvBFA5P.png?1

2015-16 Season Review

fk61aav.png?1

A brilliant retaining of the Premier League that we clinched with 4 games to go.I was particularly pleased with the amount of goals conceded.

Notable performances...

Arsenal H 4-0

Arsenal A 3-2

Swansea A 5-0

Liverpool A 3-0

Chelsea H 2-0(it was 5-1 but my game crashed right after so had to do it all over again.

Champions League.

0Hz4yrZ.png?1

The road to the Final was nothing short of crazy,some stunning wins and frightening defeats culminating in a penalty shootout win over Barcelona afte a 3-3 draw.

To top it all off Saurez missed the deciding penalty.

F.A Cup

srnvfrU.png?1

An unfortunate but not unexpected defeat to City as it was sandwiched in a crazy run of games and although I fielded a decent team I didn't chase the game once it looked like it wasn't going to be our day.

Capital One Cup

iFl0a14.png?1

I wanted this one after losing to Arsenal last season.

Player performances.

Memphis Depay

BhQhMXU.png?1

His second season with United has been nothing short of phenomenal.He has been unstoppable all season and I would urge anybody who hasn't bought this guy to break the bank for him.

Wayne Rooney

7ayC7I4.png?1

A good season from Wayne but he has disappointed me throughout the season,not willing to tutor,complaining about his training rewgime and not getting motivated for games has forced my hand and I have purchased Lukaku prior to the end of the season.

I'm hopeful that I can still get £20m for Rooney.

Angel Di Maria and Juan Mata.

N3rH3BG.png?1

NWi0qa7.png?1

The next generation.

Mitrovic is another reason why I'm prepared to let Rooney leave, he will get a lot more game time next season.That and the fact that I'm thinking of using my lone striker as a Target Man next season.

zT77l7F.png?1

Odegaard(the revelation)

iI8NzVu.png?1

This kid seemed to do something everytime I played him,again if you haven't got him then get him.

Timothy Fosu-Mensah

He will get a lot more game time next season.

hZ9NrPb.png?1

Gabriel Barbosa and Mogens Larson

Eww99Na.png?1

dWjAX41.png?1

Mogens is going to be a beast.

The Tactic and instructions.

Set to Control with fluid philosophy

ptlW5jF.png?1

MnPuyJp.png?1

Looking forward to next season but I'm going to take my time to get to pre-season,watch some of the European Champs games,see if there are some bargains to pick up.

Wayne Rooney

7ayC7I4.png?1

A good season from Wayne but he has disappointed me throughout the season,not willing to tutor,complaining about his training rewgime and not getting motivated for games has forced my hand and I have purchased Lukaku prior to the end of the season.

I'm hopeful that I can still get £20m for Rooney.

Looking at selling both him and Van Persie at the end of season.

Here he is:

efvbJGf.png

Also he and Van Persie has been overtaken by both Munir and Lucas Boye in my Starting XI.

What a bloody joke pre season is turning out to be,My squad is either at the Olympics or injured with 2 weeks to go until community shield.

VXTxEz1.png?1

Add Lukaku to that list for 3-4 weeks.what a joke this is turning out to be.

Now its Phil Jones5-6 weeks

Juan Mata 5-6 weeks.

Retained the league in the second season and won the Charity Shield/Capitial One Cup but wasn't happy in how we won the league, we dropped a lot of points towards the end so I decided we needed to spice the team up a bit, and with Chelsea finishing sixth, managed to snap this lad up:

ewm5XmO.png

Thankfully our finances are secure (around 110 Million in the bank) so it won't set us back at all, don't like paying over the top for players but I couldn't resist to be honest, screws Chelsea up and adds a huge attacking threat to our team.

Just finished the second season of a new save with United.

Had Rooney and Cuadrado joint top goals scorers in the league with 23 goals but Rooney got top goal scorer due to playing less, and both finished with over 30 goals in total.

Also had Timo Werner score 25 and then Reus and Januzaj on 13

Thought I'd share how a few of my players have developed so far in my save.

Vanja Milinkovic Savic - This guy is probably already world class, and is pushing Dave really hard for a starting berth.

ztvztd.jpg

Timothy Fosu-Mensah - I promoted him to the First Team towards the end of last season, once the title was won. I've tried to give him plenty of game time this season, and I think it's paying off. I'm training him as a Ball Playing Defender.

2r3z990.jpg

Demetri Mitchell - Demetri's been somewhat of a late bloomer. I've sent him out on loan a few times, and has never really had a successful spell. I made the decision to stick him in the First Team for this season, and to try and give him plenty of games in the hope he starts developing. His technical stats seem to be coming along fairly ok, but I don't think his mental stats are going to progress much.

u50z9.jpg

Martin Ødegaard - This guy is going to be sensational. Simple as that. I just wish I could somehow play with an Advanced Playmaker behind the striker, but I've a Defensive Midfielder sitting behind a Roaming Playmaker and Advanced Playmaker (CM). I've trained him as an Inside Forward, but he hasn't the pace nor finishing ability to be truly effective in that position. Still, he's only 18 and will without doubt become one of the best players in the world.

2r3faes.jpg

Memphis Depay - Astonishing. That's the only word I can use to decribe Memphis Depay. Just didn't think he'd become this good! He got just over 30 goals (iirc) for me last season as an Inside Forward on support. His performances this season haven't been up to his high standards, and he's becoming complacement in matches which is something I'm trying to sort out.

9riq01.jpg

James Wilson - He's developed into a complete striker. Unbelievably fast, agile with great technique. I play with 1 striker (Falcao), so I have re-trained Wilson as an Inside Forward to ensure he can play in more than one position so I can play him more often! He's only 21 so will have an unbelievable career with me!

lum11.jpg

Pedro (Regen) - I thought I'd include my top rated regen, Pedro. Bought from Real Madrid in the summer. A late sub appearance in the Capital One Cup has been his only appearance in the First Team so far this season, as he suffered with an injury that kept him out for a number of months. His finishing and dribbling stats are the stand-outs, with his natural fitness something I will be looking to improve within the next couple of years. I will also re-train him to become a striker because, as stated above, I don't play with someone behind my frontman. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this fella progesses as he clearly has world class potential.

27xgpvr.jpg

If anyone would like to see more of my squad, tactics etc, just let me know.

My squad at start of season 4

goalkeepers

David de Gea

Vanja Milinkovic Savic

Defenders

John Souttar

Phil Jones

Marcos Rojo

Eder Balanta

Never Subotic

Rafael

Danilo

Luke Shaw

midfielders

Daley Blind

Marouane Fellaini

Thiago

Jack Grealish

Marco Reus

Angel Di Maria

Youri Tielemans

Ross Barkley

Isco

James Ward-Prowse

Ander Herrera

Adnan Januzaj

Juan Mata

Memphis Depay

attackers

Wayne Rooney

Romeu Lukaku

Richario Zivkovic

Paco Alcacer

I have 28 players. Who do u recommend I get rid of before start of season?

Few seasons in, so much money at the club that I'm thinking of new ways to burn it. :D So went abit crazy with transfers and a "no salary too big" approach when buying players. Currently these lot make up my team, along with a shed load of regens (45, count 'em, 45 bloody regens) running about in the U21/U18s. I did try to keep a few of the "originals" from the squad that United start with, keyword being try....whether I succeeded or not, well thats another story :lol:

GK --- David de Gea, Vanja Milinkovic Savic

DR --- Rafael, Sebastian Jung

DL --- Luke Shaw, Neil Taylor

DC --- Phil Jones, Marcos Rojo, Eder Alvarez Balanta, Jonny Evans

DMC --- Lars Bender, Sven Bender :D

MC --- Paul Pogba, Lucas Romero

MC --- Toni Kroos, Angel Di Maria

AMR --- Juan Cuadrado, Adnan Januzaj

AML --- Eden Hazard, Marco Reus

ST --- Edinson Cavani, James Wilson

My squad at start of season 4

goalkeepers

David de Gea

Vanja Milinkovic Savic

Defenders

John Souttar

Phil Jones

Marcos Rojo

Eder Balanta

Never Subotic

Rafael

Danilo

Luke Shaw

midfielders

Daley Blind

Marouane Fellaini

Thiago

Jack Grealish

Marco Reus

Angel Di Maria

Youri Tielemans

Ross Barkley

Isco

James Ward-Prowse

Ander Herrera

Adnan Januzaj

Juan Mata

Memphis Depay

attackers

Wayne Rooney

Romeu Lukaku

Richario Zivkovic

Paco Alcacer

I have 28 players. Who do u recommend I get rid of before start of season?

All those midfielders and only two are defensive lol.You might want to balance that out?Whats Grealish like?Tielemans injury record?Is Ward Prose really good enough to get into the first Xl?

Didn't play had much time to play but after my unbeaten EPL season , i'm still unbeaten after 18 games in second season (three draws ) . in my first CL campaign we started with an afwul game against PSG (4-3 L) and a home defeat against... Tel aviv :o (they won away against PSG,us and Sporting) ... after that i had 12 out of 12 and finished first in the group..

In january Bayern offered 32milj for Blind .. he is backup for shaw so i'm not sure what to do...

dunno if this helps anyone but i've been putting my fullbacks on the posts for free kicks and have practically stopped conceding goals from free kicks as the opposition have to aim closer to the keeper due to the men on the posts and they rush off the line to clear any rebounds before the opposition attackers can get to it.

Season One Review

Pre Season:

Pre Season was very much about getting the right formation and player roles sorted, a few experiments saw us lose heavily to Ajax (1-4) and Chivas (1-2) However the rest of the games were won with relative ease.

Robin Van Persie replaced Darren Fletcher as the Clubs Vice Captain (Which proved to be somewhat of a master stroke).

Having looked at the First team squad, I made the big call to terminate Falcao’s Loan, we were paying far too much in wages for him and I was never going to spend £40m+ on a 30 year old.

Transfers:

Transfers_zps1d55f402.png

We concentrated mainly on the long term with these signings, only a few straight for the first team, with Gino Peruzzi the most senior there to provide cover for Rafael when needed and Matias Kranvietter to give us some bite in the middle

We allowed Chris Smalling to move to Arsenal as John Stones had been brought and I felt he had a better potential and could cover the same positions. Marounae Fellani also left as simply he wasn’t going to play.

Premiership:

We ran out comfortable winners here, finishing 13 points above Liverpool in second. Only really one major blip as we capitulated away to Chelsea ending up on the wrong end of an 8-0 thrashing.

PremierLeagueFixtures1_zpsbd625906.png

PremierLeagueFixtures2_zps76de5f6b.png

PremierLeagueTable_zps80155852.jpg

PremierLeagueStats_zps73b26cd7.jpg

FA Cup:

We finally brought the FA cup back to Old Trafford with a 2-1 win over Newcastle at Wembley Stadium.

FACupFixtures_zps77e76db4.png

League Cup:

We used this competition to play fringe and youth players, making reasonable progress to the quarter finals before Southampton proved too strong for us.

CapitalOneCupFixtures_zpsbf6027a1.png

First team Squad and ratings:

We had some stunning performances over the course of the season, most notably from Robin Van Persie who smashed the United goal scoring record despite having a barren patch towards the end of the season. Special mentions also go to Mata, Rooney and Phil Jones who played excellently

FirstteamSquad1_zpsf6a01dd9.png

FirstteamSquad2_zps5806ca52.png

Tactics:

We played a control Tactic for all of the season, it worked so well in almost all matches that we hardly made any changes to it throughout.

Tactics_zpsfcd55c6b.png

Individual and Team Rewards:

At the end of a successful season I was awarded Manager of the year.

Robin Van Persie was Footballer of the year, Top Scorer in the Premier league and became our record scorer of goals in one season with 39 in 41 games

RVPTopScorer_zps719cc3dd.jpg

RVPFotY_zps7de6267c.jpg

Juan Mata came away with the player’s player award

MataPlayersPlayeroftheYear_zps34fca0e6.jpg

And Martin Odegaard became our youngest ever scorer

odegaardrecord_zps195d4760.jpg

Finally seven of our players made it into the team of the year.

TeamoftheYear_zps9b3457f3.jpg

would love to have that sort of money

made TWO strategic substitutions in this game

D088A3B7D4588FA4FA8B0CF670C38481A569B6D2

Januzaj and Falcao on in the 57th minute..... Rooney was being complete rubbish, and I had a 16yo out there.... first thing that happens is Januzaj runs down wing, crosses it to Falcao who scores...

after that complete domination

except their offside long ball goal

988C9DC92EAD14FE4BFE76638A08D4A7B49C32FE

100% pass completion :lol:

Hey guys, I have just started playing FM15 with United and was looking to get opinions on what formation is best to use at the beginning? I intend to play with the current squad without any transfers being made.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

What do you think guys, about to start the 1st season? Would really appreciate your help.

Who has sold Rooney? How has your squad reacted to selling him? I just finished season 2 and I won't have a place for him in my team for the next season. He has always been decent, and everyone seems to think he is a good player, but I have way too much quality in my attack: Munir, RvP, Neymar, Reus and Bale as my winger/striker galacticos, without forgetting Pogba and Di Maria in the playmarker role in the midfield. Looking at those names, I can't justify Rooney's spot in my squad. It's sad to see my captain go, but I think this is the last time to get some cash for his departure. Rooney has also once moaned about wanting new challenges and he wanted me to let go of Rafael which is unacceptable.

However, I'm afraid that my squad and fans would turn against me if I just get rid of him. Squad's morale has been great in the first 2 seasons so I wouldn't want to ruin that.

Should I talk to him about selling him, or just sit him on the bench long enough until he wants to leave? I'd rather find a solution during the summer and save in salary expenses.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated! :thup:

Thanks for the replies, was wondering if there is a possible formation where I can accommodate Mata and di Maria plus using 2 strikers?

I've used Mata as AMR (inside forward) and he has done ok there.

You could also try to put 2 strikers and use a diamond in the midfield. This way you'll get the most out of Mata as AMC, while you can still use Di Maria as a playmaker in the center of the midfield. However, I personally prefer to use wingers/inside forwards, so I have no experience of this formation.

I'm personally using this setup:

MCL - roaming playmaker, support

MCR - center midfield, defend

AML - inside forward, attack

AMR - winger, support

F9 - support

AF - attack

This strategy has worked wonders for me and surprisingly it's ok for away games too. I've dominated big teams like Chelsea and Manchester City, despite them having more players in the center of the midfield. I concede goals, but I also make loads!

Thanks for the replies, was wondering if there is a possible formation where I can accommodate Mata and di Maria plus using 2 strikers?

I have used a 4-1-1-2-2 formation, with Di Maria as CM(APs) and Mata as AML (Raumdeuter). Mata has been simply sensational in the role scoring 16 and assisting 18 over the season

Archived