FM15: Manchester United F.C. - I'm loving Angel instead

DavidBeckham

What a performance, Liverpool sitting second in the league too.

Noticed that all their play came down the left flank even though they play a narrow 442 diamond.

I put Mata on to man mark the left back and they basically folded.

gc7BRuC.png?1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody been using Johnstone?

Been forced to use him at the start of the season since De Gea broke his finger and was out for six weeks, so far in five premier games he's had four clean sheets, including two over Liverpool and a Pep Guardiola Arsenal, pulled off some incredible saves for me as well in those matches.

e- Just played Wigan and decided to field a few youths to give them some give time, including giving regen Aldo Vignali his first Premiership apperence after an hour

jeLVlIZ.png

Sad thing is I actually could have won by at least 10 or 11 :D Vignali also broke the youngest goal-scoring record, high hopes for him

I had a lot of transfer movement in the summer before 2nd season. Fellaini started bitching about lack of first team football a few days after (!) the first season was over. During the summer he also complained how I let Henriquez go, even though he had no chance to ever break through in the first team. I obviously can't stand cry-babies so I sold him for 10m. Also got rid of Zaha, Hernandez, Powell and some others, because I couldn't fit them to my first team plans.

I spent big money on Pogba (68m) and Reus (54m). I had also arranged 2 free transfers in January: Yarmolenko from Dinamo Kyiv and Bakkali from PSV. I loaned Bakkali to Stoke, looking forward to seeing how he develops. Yarmolenko will get regular minutes in the rotation. His value is 24m at the moment, so I think it was a coup. He looked great in friendlies and even if he would turn out to be crap, which I doubt, I could sell him for a decent profit in January. But I think he will be useful.

I'm currently thinking what to do with Ashley Young. He has a relatively high salary, on his last year, and no buyers for 8m. I guess I'll keep him as a backup and might be forced to let him go for free after the 2nd season. It's a shame, as he did well in the first season, but after buying Reus, I don't think he will settle for the cup minutes.

I had a nice start for the 2nd season. Lost Community Shield 0-1 against Chelsea, but trashed Leicester in the first league game:

0OI1Et5.png?1

Reus scored his first goal in the United shirt after less than 60 seconds of Premier League football! He also gave 2 assists. RvP scored once but assisted 5! Pogba also scored his first and Januzaj made a nice return from an injury, as he came from bench on 71st minute just to score a hattrick.

Ok, it was against Leicester and I guess everyone gets these results, but right now I'm so excited about the game and my save that I don't want to sleep or go to work tomorrow! :o

What formation do you play? He would make a great AMC with passing and dribbling stats like that already!

If it was me I would play him as an inside forward or raudementeur or whatever its called lol and train him that way

Managed to get through 2 seasons on my save and have to say i am really enjoying fm15. Decided on this FM that i would play a system without wingers as ours are all pretty poor (obviously not classing di maria and januzaj as wingers), so i have lined up a 4-1-3-2 formation that i have developed myself over the first 2 seasons to one i am very happy with now (also helps having players that fit the roles for each position).

1st season transfers in:

Eder Balanta DC / Gino Peruzzi DR / Jesus Vallejo DC / Marcel Shmelzer DL / Ruben Neves DMC / Lucas Romero MC / Youri Tielemans MC / Munir ST / Krsitoff Ajer DMC / Ante Coric AMC / Gaston Gil Romero MC. Total spend £71m

Transfers Out:

Anderson / Fletcher / Young / Smalling / Valencia. Total £48m

in the first season i managed to win the league and the fa cup.

2nd season transfers in:

Falcao (loan extension) / Zakaria Bakkali (free) / James Ward-Prowse MC / Leon Goretzka MC and 4 regen. total spend £57m

transfers out:

Carrick / Powell / Van Persie / Fellaini / Chicharito / Zaha / Lingard / Mata / Blackett. Total £106m

In the second season i managed to win the champions league beating barcelona in the final and the premier league.

Just started my 3rd season and decided i wanted pogba so have just spent £87m on him £45m up front and rest in instalments. 2 days later PSG offered £40m up front for blind so he has gone along with Jonny Evans, Bakkali and Herrera and Henriquez (total of £77m back).

I have retrained Januzaz as a central midfielder and he is now natural there and won the european golden boy in the second season playing as an advanced playmaker. Di Maria also trained and plays here so i rotate between the 2 every few games.

Pretty happy with my current squad

GK: De Gea / Savic / Johnstone

DR: Rafael / Peruzzi

DL: Shaw / Schmelzer

DC: Jones / Balanta / Vallejo / Rojo

DM: Neves / Ajer

MC: Pogba / Di Maria / Tielemans / Januzaj / Ward Prowse / Romero / Gil Romero / Goretzka

ST: Rooney / Falcao / Munir / Wilson

Guys, I have a question about training and positions. As a background information, I haven't really touched the training part of the game in any previous versions as I haven't had the time or energy to fully study all the aspects.

I've been playing Januzaj as AMR (either inside forward or winger) all the time and he's still accomplished there. I feel that he's not developing as much as he should, although I think he's playing well. Should I trust the coaches and let them determine what's best for him, or should I make him practice the AMR position or inside forward role? I'm assuming that my coaches are good enough to determine what's best for him, but I'd like him to become natural as a winger, as I don't intend to play him in his natural position (AMC).

I might be stupid for doing this, but when I look at the star ratings given by my coaches, Januzaj has very little potential or capability as AMR (2 yellow stars + 1 black one), while as AMC it shows 3,5 yellow stars + 1 black star. Does this mean that he will never reach the same potential if I keep playing him wide?

Second leg of the Capital One Quarter Final,0-1 down from the first leg

S0runIq.png?1

Sometimes I find this game really frustrating,we absolutely battered Chelsea but they looked like they were going to score everytime they went forward.

Guys, I have a question about training and positions. As a background information, I haven't really touched the training part of the game in any previous versions as I haven't had the time or energy to fully study all the aspects.

I've been playing Januzaj as AMR (either inside forward or winger) all the time and he's still accomplished there. I feel that he's not developing as much as he should, although I think he's playing well. Should I trust the coaches and let them determine what's best for him, or should I make him practice the AMR position or inside forward role? I'm assuming that my coaches are good enough to determine what's best for him, but I'd like him to become natural as a winger, as I don't intend to play him in his natural position (AMC).

I might be stupid for doing this, but when I look at the star ratings given by my coaches, Januzaj has very little potential or capability as AMR (2 yellow stars + 1 black one), while as AMC it shows 3,5 yellow stars + 1 black star. Does this mean that he will never reach the same potential if I keep playing him wide?

I would train hi for the position you want to play him. Don't rely on the coaches opinion, he has the stats to play there, he's two footed so if he is trained in it long enough he will become natural there over time

This is him in 2017, his stats are showing as going down,solely because he is injured at the mo. He is a booming beast for me both at United and England, his partnership with Keane is amazing

Phil_Jones_Overview_Profile.png

That's funny because I've just faced Real Madrid as well :D Only difference was this was the Euro Super Cup final! To top it off I was also trialing a new tactic I've just made and it seems pretty deadly when you consider the stats...

download?id=nmugNxJ32dRxLnr9RksaxgOS6FBOG2

download?id=IqIP7StQJPHOOjIjihaOrU8EhkpZEd

Any problems with width or defending against teams who exploit flanks?

Has anyone figured out a good way to use Fellaini, esp. given his IRL renaissance?

I've been trying him as a BBM(S) but he doesn't seem to be pulling it off at the moment

I use him as a CM (A) rotating with Di Maria/Rooney, he does really well when he plays

1st season on 15.1.4 sold valencia young anderson rafael and bought cuadrado reus balanta nkoulou. when everyone is fit what is rear these days im going for a 3412 formation gk de gea, cb balanta jones nkoulou ,lm reus rpm di maria bw felliai rm coudrado ,apm mata af van persie cf falcao

de gea

nkoulou jones balanta

cuadrado dimaria fel reus

mata

falcao rvp

Looking for defenders to sign in my first season with United i know about balanta but are there any others i was thinking of Vertoghen from spurs

I bought Dede for reasonable money (a lot less than Spurs wanted for Vertonghen) and he was a good buy. Also brought in N'Koulou and sold Smalling.

I bought Dede for reasonable money (a lot less than Spurs wanted for Vertonghen) and he was a good buy. Also brought in N'Koulou and sold Smalling.

gino peruzzi is a good back up for DR and is cheap (less than £5m). I am not sure the united squad needs central defenders at the start (i only bought balanta) as jones, rojo and evans are all pretty decent on this years FM.

Was just going to mention Dede. He's always a solid signing.

I've thrown away a huge lead at the top of the league since the new year. Had 15-4-0 (W-D-L) record before the new year, have since gone on a record of 2-3-4. Can't seem to score enough and Rooney/RVP/Falcao are all stinking the place out. Thankfully, Van Persie and Falcao are on their way out at the end of the season. Wilson is basically the only bright spot in the team at the minute and maybe Januzaj

Would it be considered a bug that I have a mid-week game on the same day as Under 21 internationals. I had no chance to withdraw the players and will be missing Januzaj, Wilson and Shaw in my next game. Shouldn't they prioritise my game? In fact, would the matches even ever clash in a real life schedule?

Edit: Wilson didn't even feature in the match but missed my game. Being kept out by a back up player for Burnley.

Would it be considered a bug that I have a mid-week game on the same day as Under 21 internationals. I had no chance to withdraw the players and will be missing Januzaj, Wilson and Shaw in my next game. Shouldn't they prioritise my game? In fact, would the matches even ever clash in a real life schedule?

Edit: Wilson didn't even feature in the match but missed my game. Being kept out by a back up player for Burnley.

is it a friendly or a full game, if later its not a bug (are you also using any edited/created DBS especially any international changes......I have used files in past and people had added stuff they didnt tell you about until you found out well into a save!!)

Archived