- Fellaini £8.75m to Zenit

- Lindegaard £3.3m to Dynamo Moscow

- Tyler Blackett £1.6m to Crystal Palace

Total £29m

Fairly happy with my first window.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cuardado is an option. :thup: Reus isn't natural AMR, Di Maria will be AML.

Rues is actually natural AMR in fm15 which is nice. I bought reus and cuadardo play reus on the left but he doesn't score or create a great deal I think he will get better though. Comparatively cuadardo has been insane 19 games so far 11 goals 8 assists cast a lot more 36 million for me. I would recommend getting both they are as good as they get. Personally I would suggest playing di Maria in the CM role, he's very dynamic and good next to Herrera playing a DLP role.

With regards to the LB role you have rojo who can cover in extreme situations, but for about half of the time so far I have used blind to quite good effect.

I would seriously suggest getting rid of some dead weight in the squad especially as a lot of the wasters are on high wages.

Went for it and spent big

Players in:

- Reus £21m

- Wanyama £20.5m

- Sven Bender £20m

- Stanciu £3.7m

- Perizzu £3.5m

- Coric £1.1m

- Bakkali £7.5m

- Lucas Romero £6.5m

- Will Hughes £8.5m

- Balanta £7m

- Wolff Erikrem £3.8m

- Andrea Secilin £875k

Total £104m

Players out:

- Young £10.5m to Spurs

- Anderson £4.4m to Swansea

- Fellaini £8.75m to Zenit

- Lindegaard £3.3m to Dynamo Moscow

- Tyler Blackett £1.6m to Crystal Palace

Total £29m

Fairly happy with my first window.

Nice work, bakkali is in the last year of his contract and intending to leave on a bosman so if you can wait till jan you can sign him up for free. Very young recruits as well I tried to sign big names as we have good throughput of youngsters in the current roster, although I did pick up Souttar and hughes, would quite like to get thielemans at some point.

Three competitive fixtures in.

Signings: John Stones from Everton, £16.75m; Nicolas Nkoulou from OM, £9.75m; hopefully Munir from Barcelona, £10.25m.

No sales. Don't plan on any until at least January.

Preseason was hopeless, but it always is in the first year for me, so not too bothered by that. A lot players still struggling for match fitness because of injuries etc.

However, a good start.

Beat Burnley 4-0, Everton 3-0, and Burton Albion in the League Cup 4-0. Downside: all of those games were at home. We'll see what away form is like.

I'm playing my preferred 4-3-3 even though the squad isn't precisely suited to it, what with having three top strikers and all. Rotating Rooney/Mata/Di Maria through positions in midfield and as inside forwards depending on the team we're facing. The left side of the flat midfield three is an advanced playmaker set to attack. Herrera plays as a deep-lying playmaker (support duty) right in the middle of the pitch; he'll rotate at times with Carrick in the future. Blind is on the right of the three in midfield, as a central midfielder (defend duty). One IF set to support; one to attack.

It's essentially the same tactic I used in FM14 but with minor tweaks as the match engine is a bit different this time round and there's more options.

More detail on the Rooney/Mata/Di Maria rotation plan: essentially it depends who is up top. If Rooney is, it could be either Di Maria or Mata in the AP position on the left of the midfield three. If I need more pace, it's Di Maria. If I need that pace on the wing, it's Mata as the advanced playmaker.

If Falcao is the striker, it's the same story.

If Van Persie is the striker, however, Rooney drops to the bench and is rested. Mata always plays as the IF and Di Maria as the playmaker.

This should enable me to rotate partly based on form but also on what I need to beat on the other team, at least for as long as I keep Rooney/VP/Falcao all at the club. One of them will be leaving next year. Possibly two.

In January, just signed Strootman for 39m. A bit pricy, and wages of 150k but I'm looking forward to seeing how it works.

39m was structured 11.75m upfront and 27.25m over 48 months.

Also sold Young to Tottenham for 20m and brought in Depay for the same money as a like for like replacement, but 9 years younger and with the potential to get much better!

Munir went to CSKA Moscow because continental football, the little devil.

Reus had no interest in signing. Cuadrado too expensive. Looks like Ashley Young has a stay of execution until January, at the least...

Put in a last minute bid for Depay, just on the off-chance. His agent is a real... piece of work. Negotiated, then agreed with his re-negotiation... then he upped his demands. What sense does that even make?

Evans suddenly wants to leave to go to Chelsea. I point out he won't get into their team. He says "Thanks boss, I'll stay then."

...ha!

Rues is actually natural AMR in fm15 which is nice. I bought reus and cuadardo play reus on the left but he doesn't score or create a great deal I think he will get better though. Comparatively cuadardo has been insane 19 games so far 11 goals 8 assists cast a lot more 36 million for me. I would recommend getting both they are as good as they get. Personally I would suggest playing di Maria in the CM role, he's very dynamic and good next to Herrera playing a DLP role.

With regards to the LB role you have rojo who can cover in extreme situations, but for about half of the time so far I have used blind to quite good effect.

I would seriously suggest getting rid of some dead weight in the squad especially as a lot of the wasters are on high wages.

Cheers. :thup: Rojo is my first choice DC next to Jones and I don't want to use him as DL. Blind will be second choice MCdefensive, so same goes for him. Was thinking of Alex Sandro as my scouts recommended him right at the start of the game. Thought of using Reece James there, but he is not good enough.

Reus is also an option in that case.

I'm nost selling anyone i the first season as I want to give everyone a chance to shwo me what they can do, to prove themselves... That's just my policy/philisophy though!

Falcao - wow. Four games, four goals, four assists, twelve key passes, 95% pass completion, average rating 8.25.

Mata has five goals.

This is going slightly better than expected...

What formation and roles are you using, I'm getting nothing playing either Rvp or Falcao as AF-A, Rooney is doing well as a DLF-A/S and Mata is average with AM-S/A duty.

Nice work, bakkali is in the last year of his contract and intending to leave on a bosman so if you can wait till jan you can sign him up for free. Very young recruits as well I tried to sign big names as we have good throughput of youngsters in the current roster, although I did pick up Souttar and hughes, would quite like to get thielemans at some point.

There was another club in for Bakkali so I didn't want to wait and chance the Bosman in case he was signed up.

Yeah a lot of young lads but Reus, Bender and Wanyama are 23-25 so not too bad age wise. Plus the squad had enough experience already with the likes of RVP, Falcao, Carrick etc.

Reus looks great, but he isn't a natural AMR, he is accomplished there. He is natural at ML and AML.

I am still having real trouble keeping a clean sheet. Winning most games, got done 2-0 by Liverpool though, couldn't get anywhere near them.

Had Rafael out with the injury he has at the start of the game. He comes back from that near the end of August, then about a week later picks up another injury which keeps him out until mid September. He returns from that injury and then demands to talk to me over his lack of playing time. What?? I have had literally no chance to play him as he hasn't been fit or match fit. Ridiculous.

What formation and roles are you using, I'm getting nothing playing either Rvp or Falcao as AF-A, Rooney is doing well as a DLF-A/S and Mata is average with AM-S/A duty.

4-3-3.

Two supporting wingbacks; two centre-backs set to defend duty.

Three central midfielders: advanced playmaker, attacking, left; deep-lying playmaker, support, centre; central midfielder, defend, right.

Two inside forwards, one set to attack, one set to support. Then Falcao or Van Persie as either a trequartista or advanced forward. Usually start matches with them playing as a treq, then switch to AF if their rating starts to drop and/or they're not getting shooting opportunities.

Van Persie has two goals, as well, but is out injured at the moment along with Rooney.

Mata has mostly been playing as the right-sided inside forward (with attack duty). At the moment Ashley Young is on the left (support duty) and doing... surprisingly well.

Team instructions are: retain possession, shorter passing, work ball into box, play out of defence, close down more, use tighter marking, prevent short gk distribution, lower tempo. All of the defence have tighter marking/close down more instructions, and the two centre-backs are told to tackle harder. The defensively-minded midfielder is told to tackle harder as well, close down more, and shoot less often. The advanced playmaker is told to close down more but ease off tackles. The supporting inside forward is told to sit narrower.

Oh, and I ended up signing Depay. Needed that extra cover on the flanks. With Nani out on loan, there's really not much there. Shame I couldn't get Reus.

Just started with United.

In

Sergi Samper - £10.25m

Munir - £10.25m

Nigel de Jong - £5.5m

John Stones - £17.25m

Out

Ashley Young - £12.25m

Antonio Valencia - £16.5m

Darren Fletcher - £3.2m

Anders Lindegaard - £2.8m

Anderson - £4.8m

Those that have been selling players, have you just transfered listed them, or listed them and offered them out?

I couldn't shift anyone in the summer window. Offered Valencia, Young & Anderson out - all for a pitance, but nobody would bid for them.

Valencia is actually doing very well for me at the moment as a Winger Support in the AMR position.

Flexible and Control; however, the system is potentially quite vulnerable to very fast counter-attacks (unless you have very high anticipation central defenders), so against any team with pace you have to either give the Drop Deeper instruction or switch to Standard.

Few key players are looking to leave for me so far. De Gea wanted to move to PSG to play in the CL, so I asked him what reassurances he wanted if he stayed, to which he replied that he wants us to win the CL THIS season. Obviously a bug in the game since it isn't possible. He was unhappy when I told him it'll be next season, he ended up unsettling the whole squad and I had to hold a team meeting. Eventually all the players agreed with me, with the exception of Lindegaard and Rooney. De Gea eventually chilled out and signed a new 4 year contract. As for Phil Jones, Arsenal were at no point even interested so that's obviously a bug also. To be expected in a beta and I'll no doubt report them.

So far I've signed Nicolas Nkoulou from OM for a neat £6m, and Morgan Schneiderlin from Southampton for a not too shabby £18m. There'll be no more transfers in, and I'm looking to offload Anderson, with Darren Fletcher remaining but taking a back seat for most of the season. I've also given Jonny Evans the vice-captain role. Over the next few season one of my main transfer focuses will be bringing in leaders (14+), as the squad lacks leadership badly. Pre-season has been terrible, with W1 D1 L3. I don't remember me having that bad a pre-season in all my FM history. I think it's a lot to do with my tactics and I'll be working on them throughout the first 3 months of the season.

As for FM15 itself, I'm impressed so far. The new interface is clean, fast and easy to use. I like the new interactions with potential signings, but the scouting system is going to take me another day or 2 to get fully used to. I'm sure it'll be better than previous when I figure out my way around it.

I played one season with Man Utd. I also had some issues with DDG and Jones wanting to leave in pre-season. I told them to forget it and then told the players in team meetings that we'd be worse off without them and only Rooney was negative to it after that.

Table | Transfers | Squad Ratings | League stats

Won the league by a mile playing a 4123 (with 3 F9 strikers). RvP and Rooney were injured for long spells, but RvP still managed to pick up the top scorer award.

Only loss of the season was to Chelsea in the FA cup away from home. Even game though, could have won, but Costa was just clinical. Also lost the CC final to City on penalties.

Got Volland, Sirigu and Balanta in the summer. As well as Romero, who stayed on loan at his old club until January. Decided to buy Reus for his £21M release clause in January when Rooney and RvP both got injured long term.

I probably won't buy Falcao, he's really good but it's just to much money imo - not just the transfer fee, but his wage demands as well (and he's not young). Think I'll spend on a central midfielder or two instead.

Not sure if it was just the fact that we got no European football and being able to field a very fit top class side every match, but I've not had a league performance anywhere near this since the CM03/04 days.

The ability to do team-talks during the match now is also immensely useful. Lost count of the amount of times we were heading for a draw only to score 1-2 goals after I yelled assertively from the touchline for my players to "Concentrate" or "Show some passion".

If this is the match engine we're going with for release this FM is gonna be good fun.

It's the tactic I used for most of FM2014, just ported all the instructions to 2015 - not my own creation - not sure what the "rules" are for talking about tactics in this particular sub-forum?

They are not running into each other though. The wide ones often drift wide and set up the other two with crosses. I'm not sure yet whether it worked better last year or not, but usually all 3 strikers would score around 2 every 3 games they played (if they were top class players).

by the way people, make sure you offer De Gea a new contract straight away before e PSG becomes interested in him, then you can keep him long-term!

I kept him anyway without a new contract. Just got all aggressive over keeping him in the press. He got annoyed and I don't think is happy with me still, but he's going nowhere and I know how to butter him up in the future, so no problem. :D

Nice start David, I'm interested in knowing if anyone does sign them two players and what options they selected to make them become interested in joining, also looking forward to see who everyone else found to join them at the club, happy football managing folks :)

I tried to sign Strootman Roma wanted £46million so decided to pull out of the deal

Have definetly approached this differently from what I had planned, some of my pre-thought out targets were just out of reach be it financially or due to lack of Champions League lure. Due to this my signings became more varied than I had intended.

Transfers In :

Aleksander Dragovic - CB - Kiev - £10m

John Souttar - CB - Dundee Utd - £1.9m

Matteo Darmian - DRLC,WRL - Torino - £7.5m

Sadio Berahino - Stk - West Brom - £10m

Ron Vlaar - CB - Aston Villa - £5.25m

Transfers Out

Ashley Young - Spurs - £17m

Im currently working on deals inwards for Carvalho(Lisbon) & Nigel De Jong, I've also got a deal in place for Reus but feel im just going for him for the sake of it, should I use the funds elsewhere due to the abundance of AM's we have?

Still haven't fully settled on a shape... kinda feeling like LvG actually..

Thanks Ohanzee. Interesting formation, 3 F9's is an unusual way to play. I tried it out for a while, but I'm a sucker for playing with Wingers. I play a 4-2-3-1 wide with Mata/Depay and Valencia/Januzaj set as IF. They are normally my highest rated players and chip in a lot of goals. Januzaj has 13 and Valencia 16 by Feb in my season.

suba, Ivan Carminati and René Meulensteen don't seem to be in my game. What leagues have you got loaded?

Just an FYI: anyone selling Ashley Young might be making a mistake. 7 games played, average rating for him is 7.86 overall or 8.1 in the league; 4 goals, 2 assists, one player of the match award. He's playing extremely well.

As another FYI - remember not to spend too much if you want to buy Falcao. :p

If you find you need more coaches with the new training system, using passionate and the third option when you request them always seems to get the board to agree.

You don't need anymore coaches than the board originally give you to get training regimes to work and get the coaches workload to 'average'. I made a thread on this yesterday in the training forum as I was struggling:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/400622-Training-workload-too-high-for-Coaches

You just need to be clever with how you assign the coaches and supplement the first team coaches workloading by using U21 coaches.

This is my current set-up:

training.jpg

Reus looks great, but he isn't a natural AMR, he is accomplished there. He is natural at ML and AML.

I am still having real trouble keeping a clean sheet. Winning most games, got done 2-0 by Liverpool though, couldn't get anywhere near them.

Had Rafael out with the injury he has at the start of the game. He comes back from that near the end of August, then about a week later picks up another injury which keeps him out until mid September. He returns from that injury and then demands to talk to me over his lack of playing time. What?? I have had literally no chance to play him as he hasn't been fit or match fit. Ridiculous.

My apologies I my reus profile was decieving me cause it had AMR highlighted makes it look like he is natural there. I'm having the exact same problem with regards to players being unhappy about playing time but my player is carrick, it hardly seems worth the effort to try and keep him happy

MarcoReus_OverviewAttributes.png

So has anyone managed to buy Falcao yet? In January, 1st place, and he still has no intention of discussing terms. I can't see the board matching his Monaco wages in-game either.

Really want to sign him, averaging a goal a game!

Within the first week of starting the game I decided to sign him - 300k/week wages.

First choice striker now, it's Rooney in my squad who can't get a game.

Also - highly recommend Lucas Silva, he has been superb for me shielding the defence and has kept Carrick out of the team.

Really struggled to strengthen the defence with quality however.

2nd after 10 games, Aston Villa are top...

Within the first week of starting the game I decided to sign him - 300k/week wages.

First choice striker now, it's Rooney in my squad who can't get a game.

Also - highly recommend Lucas Silva, he has been superb for me shielding the defence and has kept Carrick out of the team.

Really struggled to strengthen the defence with quality however.

2nd after 10 games, Aston Villa are top...

He's amazing on my game, just has never wanted to discuss terms! Certainly not in the first week.

Dede has been awesome in defence for me.

I can really reccommed Ron Vlaar & Dragovic. Of course they aren't Hummels level but they have been fairly dominant in the league.

I ended up adding William Carvalho(£10m), De Jong(£5.5m) and Mattia Perrin(£4.5m) with Fellaini(£12m) & Lindegard(£5m) leaving.

Archived