FM15: Nottingham Forest FC

i started a game and managed to get promotion the first season and then stay up in the second. Now currently in my third season was 4th until 22 games when i hit a sticky patch of form dropped down to 8th currently, but all the teams above me have similar points. wanted to post screen shots but for some reason i cant get them to work? anyone else had this problem? it keeps printing whatever is under fm.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=341951781 changed to this formation having alot of joy. just beat city 4-0 with a decent transfer budget and the right players signed for next season think i will get champions league.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198118527184/screenshots/?appid=295270

theres transfer history and trophies. (won capital one cup in first season :D)

I finished 7th in my first season in the Premiership & won Capital One Cup, so ended up in the Euro Cup. There's been a lot of movements in jobs and after I attended an interview for another job, Fawaz pulled me in & agreed to build a new stadium if I stayed, so I did. :D

I sold Assombalonga on deadline day in January for about £18m inc. addons and signed Abderrazak Hamdallah on a free as a temporary replacement then spent some money on newly scouted regens who join over the course of the next couple of years & Emanuel Mammana to arrive in the summer.

I've made drastic changes to my side this summer with the £40m budget I was given in the hopes of getting Champions League football as Vallejo is wanting to leave for Benfica to play CL football.

In's:

Carlos Fierro £11.25m

Emeliano Insua £4.5m

Viktor Fischer £14.5m

Ezequiel Cirigliano Free

Silvan Widmer £6m

Florin Iacob Free

Ezequiel Munoz £6m

Bertrand Traore Loan

Out's:

Abderrazak Hamdallah £6m

Michail Antonio £4m

Sebastian Coates £2.9m

Herolind Shala £5m

Nicolas Tagliafico £12.75m

Florian Jungwirth £3m

My first choice eleven is now reasonably strong but LB & DM are still slightly problematic positions.

Taglifaico wanted to leave for Liverpool, so I sold & brought in Insua who was rated 3.5* each time I scouted him, then when he arrived, he was just 3*. Plus, I think Cirigliano will go the same way Jungwirth did, I think he will drop in star rating as those around him develop into better players.

GK: Iacob

RB: Widmer

CB: Vallejo

CB: Munoz

LB: Insua

DM: Cirigliano

MC: Tielemans

MC: Tariq

LW: Fischer

RW: Lozano

ST: Fierro

Tariq & Vallejo both came on massively last season so they'll be starters this time around. Mammana, Coric, Fossum, Ajer, Unal & Savitskiy will get plenty of rotation time again. I'm kind of hoping for early exits from domestic cups to allow me to focus on Europe and finishing in the top four. I plan on playing the reserves/rotation players in those because fixture congestion damaged my league form last time. I ended up with the two leg semi final in the League Cup and replays for two rounds running in the FA Cup.

I've still got about £20m to spend I think, so there may be further movement in the transfer market if my scouts find anyone that isn't overpriced & is substantially better than my current reserves, my LB or DM.

So after a disastrous first save with Southampton I chose to drop down to the Sky Bet Championship to try my hand with Nottingham Forest. Delighted with the results so far.

Transfers 14/15:

2ytw8bq.png

League Position 14/15:

2s78ax1.png

Thrilled to get promoted, now to stay up and hang on to Premier League status.

Transfers 15/16:

23u1z7p.png

Think I did good business. Paid through the nose for Scuffet (£9m up front, £9m over 48 months) but Darlow wouldn't come back for a second loan spell. Not too sure how Assombalonga will do at this level so that's a worry. We'll see. Target of the season is survival then to go from there. Enjoying this save.

Well, just merely hanging on to Premier League status is a non-issue so far:

ke9fg7.jpg

Thrilled at how we're doing, and pleasantly surprised at how well Antonio, Lansbury, Wilson and Assombalonga have adapted to life in the Premier League. Have to admit signing Scuffet at that price was a bit of a panic buy, but he will come good. Frustrated I went with Vrsaljko instead of someone with better concentration though, as he's cost me 6/7 points from giving away pens etc and I'm stuck with him. Lichaj was being a little ***** so I released him and I have no funds left to bring anyone else in. Those are the only real negatives as I think it's been a blessing in disguise to get dumped out early in both cup competitions.

As late as December I was sitting in second place, just had a glut of injuries to my midfield and Assombalonga for 3 weeks, and unfortunately dropped valuable points against Stoke and Newcastle.

Here are my results so far:

xf4tqw.jpg

So far, so good. Hope I can hang on and at least finish in the top half now. Would be delighted with anything more than that.

So, finished my first season in the Premier League and genuinely couldn't be happier.

League Position 15/16:

2epkhap.jpg

To get into the top 5 in my first season was much more than I expected. In addition the chairman Fawaz Al-Hasawi is just a delight to work with. Gave me £40m to spend and started work on a new stadium without me even having to ask :) I did however ask him to upgrade the training facilities and he obliged, although that was after I questioned his ambition :D

Transfers 15/16:

2ugorcp.jpg

So, even after I splashed all that cash my wage budget stands at £1m+ (£270k/pw left) with £3.6m for any bargains in Jan. Begrudgingly accepted £7.5m + Ben Davies for Nicola Murru, from Spurs. Stats are very similar, Davies is Home-Grown and Murru was getting unsettled so I thought it wasn't a bad deal. Fans aren't happy though. Hopefully Davies shines and they forget all about it.

All in all, a fantastic save so far. I'd recommend it highly!

About to start my first proper FM15 save with Nottingham. Already done my transfers on paper and I looking to change the squad quite a bit.

Any suggestions for a DM to rotate with Vaughan? Looking for a ball-winning/anchorman type of player with high defensive stats. And he shouldn't be too expensive as well; loan options are welcome as well.

About to start my first proper FM15 save with Nottingham. Already done my transfers on paper and I looking to change the squad quite a bit.

Any suggestions for a DM to rotate with Vaughan? Looking for a ball-winning/anchorman type of player with high defensive stats. And he shouldn't be too expensive as well; loan options are welcome as well.

Abdou Aziz Thiam has been a good signing for me. Progressing really well although I wish I had got him in sooner to develop him quicker. Paid £6m in 2016/17 season so should be very cheap in the first season. I'd highly recommend Lucas Romero in a BWM role. Paid £8m for him in the first season. I also regret not signing Kristoffer Ajer in the first season. Looks like the closest thing you'd get to Matic at that level. Still only 18 in February 2017 too. Hope that helps.

291me5t.jpg

Okay, I didn't get sacked and by some miracle finished 11th. In my last 5 games I won 4 lost 1. Though the chairman has been great. He requested 2/3 meetings but after I said how much I'd done for the club he agreed and subsequently increased my transfer budget by £10m. I brought in Smalling at a bargain £4.1m and he helped stop the rot a bit. Though I did kinda waste £8m on Gibbs, but I'm a Arsenal fan and couldn't resist. All said and done lucky to still have a job. Unfortunately though I only have £11m to spend. I need a LW so any suggestions are welcome.

Transfers 17/18:

2vj24uw.jpg

Deadline Day and PSG came in with £50m offer for Romero, so I asked for it all up front plus 30% of next sale. They agreed!! Didn't want him to go but had to accept that, surely? Anyway, managed to get Wanyama in as a replacement so not a bad deal at all :D

Having had the most fun I can remember as Forest on a previous FM (Turning Marlon Harewood into the champions League top scorer!) and having enjoyed reading this thread I have decided I will take on the challenge of bringing Nottingham Forest back to the top of European Football.

I am now in my seconded season about to start in the Premiership having gained promotion through the play off final, this was a remarkable achievement as we actually lost 11 of our first 16 games and were firmly stuck in the relegation zone.

However we went on a long unbeaten run and dragged ourselves up to fifth with a game to spare eventually beating Fulham in the final.

In the first season it was an Argentinian Dynamic Duo and some shrewd Loan signings that helped us achieve our goals. Mattias Kranvietter and Gaston Gil Romero came into the club for £6.5m and £7m respectively (Though most of the fee was based on promotion and incentives, both we only £1.5m upfront). Jack Grealish, Nathan Ake and Adam Campbell joined Karl Darlow and Jamall Lescalles on loan at the club.

Britt Asombalonga hit 24 league goals to finish top scorer, with Grealish winning the Championship Player of the year.

Fast forward to season two and we've had to rebuild the squad. Atletico Madrid came in with a £15m bid for Asombalonga who wanted to leave for greener pastures. Gil Romero and Kranvietter left for Lazio and Roma respectively as both had their £23M release clause activated as well as this a number of players have left the club on free transfers or their loans have ended.

Season Two Transfers:

Out

Gabriel Almeida (Free Transfer in first season) - £3.1m - Malaga

Britt Assombalonga - £15m - Atletico Madrid

Mattias Kranvietter - £23m - Lazio

Gaston Gil Romero - £23m - Roma

Jamie Mackie - £300k - Fulham

Henri Lansbury - £3m - West Brom

Total £67.4M

Players in

Marcos Alonso - £650K - Fiorentina

Nathan Baker - £800K - Aston Villa

Michael Keane - £750K - Manchester United

Nathan Ake - £1.1M - Chelsea

Gregory Van Der Wiel - £2M - PSG

Michel Vorm - £2.7M - Tottenham

Khouma Babacar - £3.4m - Fiorentina

Josip Radosevic - £7M - Napoli

Patrick Roberts - £8M - Fulham

Youri Tielemans - £11.5M - Anderlecht

Gabriel Barbosa - £14M - Santos

Jack Grealish - Loan - Aston Villa

Karl Darlow - Loan - Newcastle - £2.5M Future fee.

£51.9M

With so many new signings to gel, pre-season has not gone well so far and we will be looking to retain our premiership position and kick on from next season.

Having had the most fun I can remember as Forest on a previous FM (Turning Marlon Harewood into the champions League top scorer!) and having enjoyed reading this thread I have decided I will take on the challenge of bringing Nottingham Forest back to the top of European Football.

I am now in my seconded season about to start in the Premiership having gained promotion through the play off final, this was a remarkable achievement as we actually lost 11 of our first 16 games and were firmly stuck in the relegation zone.

However we went on a long unbeaten run and dragged ourselves up to fifth with a game to spare eventually beating Fulham in the final.

In the first season it was an Argentinian Dynamic Duo and some shrewd Loan signings that helped us achieve our goals. Mattias Kranvietter and Gaston Gil Romero came into the club for £6.5m and £7m respectively (Though most of the fee was based on promotion and incentives, both we only £1.5m upfront). Jack Grealish, Nathan Ake and Adam Campbell joined Karl Darlow and Jamall Lescalles on loan at the club.

Britt Asombalonga hit 24 league goals to finish top scorer, with Grealish winning the Championship Player of the year.

Fast forward to season two and we've had to rebuild the squad. Atletico Madrid came in with a £15m bid for Asombalonga who wanted to leave for greener pastures. Gil Romero and Kranvietter left for Lazio and Roma respectively as both had their £23M release clause activated as well as this a number of players have left the club on free transfers or their loans have ended.

Season Two Transfers:

Out

Gabriel Almeida (Free Transfer in first season) - £3.1m - Malaga

Britt Assombalonga - £15m - Atletico Madrid

Mattias Kranvietter - £23m - Lazio

Gaston Gil Romero - £23m - Roma

Jamie Mackie - £300k - Fulham

Henri Lansbury - £3m - West Brom

Total £67.4M

Players in

Marcos Alonso - £650K - Fiorentina

Nathan Baker - £800K - Aston Villa

Michael Keane - £750K - Manchester United

Nathan Ake - £1.1M - Chelsea

Gregory Van Der Wiel - £2M - PSG

Michel Vorm - £2.7M - Tottenham

Khouma Babacar - £3.4m - Fiorentina

Josip Radosevic - £7M - Napoli

Patrick Roberts - £8M - Fulham

Youri Tielemans - £11.5M - Anderlecht

Gabriel Barbosa - £14M - Santos

Jack Grealish - Loan - Aston Villa

Karl Darlow - Loan - Newcastle - £2.5M Future fee.

£51.9M

With so many new signings to gel, pre-season has not gone well so far and we will be looking to retain our premiership position and kick on from next season.

Glad to see someone else enjoying this save! Let me know how Tielemens and Roberts get on please, was close to signing the pair of 'em a few different times.

I've loaded up my first proper FM15 save with Nottingham after experimenting with different clubs and getting used to the new UI. I hope to bring back the good days to City Ground and the first season was a major step forward

as we've achieved direct promotion, even breaking the Championship record for most points (107). Fryatt and Assambalonga were the biggtest contributors to this success; Fryatt finished the league with 30 goals as the top scorer of the league while Assambalonga had 18 assists and 16 goals.

These were my transfers for the 1st season:

IN:

Joshua Kimmich - RB Leipzig - 2M

Dele Alli - MK Dons - 3.3M

Gino Peruzzi - Catania - 4M

Vieux Sané - Bodo/Glimt - 110k

Martin Odegaard - SIF - 95k

Chris Eagles - FREE

Aloys Nong - FREE

Ruben Neves - Loan from Porto

Patrick Bamford - Loan from Chelsea

Unfortunately Sané couldn't get a work permit. I signed him nevertheless and loaned him out to austrian side Wolfsberger AC.

OUT:

Dexter Blackstock - Wolves - 1.8M

Greg Halford - Fulham - 750k

Danny Collins - Blackpool - 59k

Dorus de Vries - Heracles - 235k

Dan Harding - Norwich - 425k

I was pretty pleased with the signings. Eagles was a big revelation at the start of the season getting goals and assists alike as an inside forward. However towards the end of the season his form dropped and he found himself more often on the bench. But overall he got himself 13 goals and 16 assists - not bad for a freebie.

Team Report (Top 3)

Goals:

1. Matty Fryatt 33

2. Britt Assambalonga 16

3. Chris Eagles 13

Assists:

1. Britt Assambalonga 18

2. Chris Eagles 16

3. Michail Antonio 15

Assambalonga claimed the Player of the year title, while Alli was awarded young player of the year. Overall five players were included in the team of the year: Wilson, Peruzzi, Eagles, Assambalonga and Fryatt.

Looking forward to our first Premiership campaign. I hope some good transfers will materialise. I need two new goalkeepers (after takining the risk of playing the whole Championship season with only one Keeper in the 1st team squad. So far I've only signed Michael Keane from Man Utd and Jordan Veretout from Nantes.

I finished 2nd in the Premiership in my third season with Forest. Tielemans, Lozano & Tariq have all been fantastic. Fierro started on fire but really dipped off towards the end when he seemingly he suffered injury after injury, then didn't score for ages.

Just signed Kranevitter for £2.5m because he only had six months on his contract & someone bid £10m for my second DM who isn't as good. It does seem like since the start I've been struggling for a top class keeper & defensive mid, so hopefully Kranevitter fixes one issue there. I've spent about £20m on three newgen youngsters who my top scouts say have 'World Class' potential.

The club are building the Brian Clough Arena which will be ready in a couple of seasons, so happy days on that front. :D

Hello,

I’ve also posted this in the Editors board but thought some of you guys might be able / willing to help.

Loving my current save with Nottm Forest however I’ve encountered a really annoying bug (Windows, Steam, standard un-edited database). At the end of season 2 after surviving in the Prem on the final day of the season, I went about securing transfer targets that I’d identified during the season. Right back Kieran Trippier was near the top of the list and was available after Burnley suffered consecutive relegations down in to League 1! My DoF was able to negotiate a decent deal and I confirmed the transfer, expecting him to arrive when the window opened on 1st July.

Then as I progressed through the summer I noticed in mid-July that he still wasn’t in my squad. Went to check my transfer page and saw that I did have a transfer agreed for him…. to arrive on 1st January 1900!

I’ll upload a screenshot when home tonight. It has been reported in the Bugs Forum by a couple of other users and SI are aware of it/looking in to it. I appreciate that these things happen but at the moment it means my save is a bit knackered.

Unfortunately all my save files (3 rolling files) have this agreed transfer with the dodgy date so I can’t go back to a previous one. I take a long time over summer windows so I’ve been saving manually rather than the monthly auto-saves. I also thought I might be able to “Buy Now” as you sometimes can with future arranged transfers but there is no option for me to do this (I guess because the arranged date is over a hundred years in the past!).

I know the Editor is only £3.99 but I don’t want it and otherwise would never use it, so buying it would be a last resort for me. Would anyone be willing to take my save file and (assuming this is possible) either edit Trippier’s arrival date to the next few days, or just make him a Forest player from now and delete the arranged transfer.

Sorry for the long sob-story and thanks for reading.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Cheers

Lawrie

Well, there's plenty of time left in the transfer window but so far Man City & Chelsea have taken it upon themselves to tear my squad apart which resulted in me having more than £100m to spend this window.

Out's:

Ezequiel Cirigliano £4m (he rejected the £10m I was offered and then no-one wanted him, so I offloaded for £4m)

Silvan Widmer £26.5m

Herving Lozano £29.5m

Ante Coric £27.5m

In's:

Jason Steele £3.8m

Aleksander Cavric £17m

Maxym Koval £12.5m

Matias Kranevitter £2.5m

Cavric is rated more highly than Lozano, so I reckon I did well with a £12m gain there. Kranevitter better than Cirigliano, so £1.5m there. I don't play with an AMC so Coric was actually my fourth choice MC. I needed a top keeper and thought £12.5m for one is a good price. I also signed Steele as a back up keeper to Koval as it's a +1 trained in nation & he's better than the other two who I will try and sell. Vallejo, Fossum & I think one other become 'trained at club' next week which I think will only increase their value, I might sell Fossum on if I can get a good price for him.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I also signed a bunch of regens who will be coming in over the course of the next couple of seasons. Three arrived already but I've still got about £35m to spend and I think if I'm going to be pushing for Champions League football again next season I will need to replace Widmer at RB as Trippier isn't up to scratch and the regen I got probably wont be ready for a season. I'm also wondering if to buy a forward and loan out Enes Unal so he can have a full season worth of games behind him and I can have a better forward as my second choice.

Sign Scuffet. Been my keeper since the end of the first season. Brilliant keeper.

I had a look at him but they wanted loads for him, so I signed Koval instead.

Finally managed to reach the January Transfer Window in season two, following two crash dumps and a blue screen of death on my laptop.

So far things have gone well, we are sitting fifth in the league, mainly down to the amazing goal scoring prowess of Gabriel Barbosa who has struck a stunning 21 league goals in 18 starts, including back to back hat-tricks against Arsenal and Swansea. He has just won European Golden Boy!

As a downside we have conceded far too many goals and have the fourth leakiest defence in the league thus far. This is something I will be looking to strengthen in the transfer window, unfortunately our number one target Balanta chose to move to Atletico Minero over us.

Our current league record stands at

Played 19 Won 10 Drawn 2 Lost 7 For 48 Against 37 GD 11 Points 32

This puts us 13 points off of Everton who are top, however Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester City all have two matches in hand which could change the landscape somewhat. The objective for this season is still to get a mid-table finish, anything more than this will be greatly welcomed.

Transfers:

Since the last update made I have added:

Lucas Silva - Cruzeiro - £15.5m

Luka Krajnc - Cesena - £4.5m

I will update with screenshots once finished with work and at seasons end.

Hello,

I’ve also posted this in the Editors board but thought some of you guys might be able / willing to help.

Loving my current save with Nottm Forest however I’ve encountered a really annoying bug (Windows, Steam, standard un-edited database). At the end of season 2 after surviving in the Prem on the final day of the season, I went about securing transfer targets that I’d identified during the season. Right back Kieran Trippier was near the top of the list and was available after Burnley suffered consecutive relegations down in to League 1! My DoF was able to negotiate a decent deal and I confirmed the transfer, expecting him to arrive when the window opened on 1st July.

Then as I progressed through the summer I noticed in mid-July that he still wasn’t in my squad. Went to check my transfer page and saw that I did have a transfer agreed for him…. to arrive on 1st January 1900!

I’ll upload a screenshot when home tonight. It has been reported in the Bugs Forum by a couple of other users and SI are aware of it/looking in to it. I appreciate that these things happen but at the moment it means my save is a bit knackered.

Unfortunately all my save files (3 rolling files) have this agreed transfer with the dodgy date so I can’t go back to a previous one. I take a long time over summer windows so I’ve been saving manually rather than the monthly auto-saves. I also thought I might be able to “Buy Now” as you sometimes can with future arranged transfers but there is no option for me to do this (I guess because the arranged date is over a hundred years in the past!).

I know the Editor is only £3.99 but I don’t want it and otherwise would never use it, so buying it would be a last resort for me. Would anyone be willing to take my save file and (assuming this is possible) either edit Trippier’s arrival date to the next few days, or just make him a Forest player from now and delete the arranged transfer.

Sorry for the long sob-story and thanks for reading.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Cheers

Lawrie

If you upload your save I will check if I can change it with the editor.

This is easily one of the best saves I've had in a long time. Anyway...

4zvwk8.jpg

Was kinda middling around in 7th/8th much of the season, losing leads and stupid stuff like that really prohibited me from making a sustained push for the top 4. That was UNTIL I re-focused my training on defence, and it worked! First we claimed victory in the Capital One Cup and the boys shut up shop much better in the EPL resulting in a great end to the season. We managed to squeeze into 3rd on the last day, and as you can see it was VERY tight :D

If anyone has any ideas about selling Assombalonga, DON'T!! They guy has been highly impressive and thumped them in left and right to win the Golden Boot in the EPL and also finished top scorer in our Capital Cup winning campaign. You simply must keep him. I've been tempted several times to replace him with a more 'glamorous' name, and have even failed trying. Had to sell Fierro after a short stay, and even Benzema couldn't manage to usurp him. I'm not even fighting it anymore, Assombalonga is the man!

2dm9qiv.jpg

15mxv8y.jpg

Also, look at this guy! I signed him on a free from Boca too. Just WOW! In his first season he did this:

x1hb4m.jpg

rs8v0p.jpg

As you can see I struck the jackpot! To think I was 'humming and ha-ing' about signing him. Well worth it.

Now I have a different problem. In gearing up for a UCL campaign I don't really know what areas of the squad to strengthen. I need suggestions. Here's my squad:

2n00l0h.jpg

I have decided I definitely want rid of Mads Albaek and the back-up GK John. Other than that I want to keep everyone but add quality. Contemplating a big money swoop for Man City's Stones as they finished 9th. Any recommendations?

I'd recommend signing a top quality CB. I like that you've gone quite British with as many signings as you could but Craig Dawson & Chris Smalling are really not good enough.

I signed Ezequiel Munoz from Parma & he really sured up my defence. He always does. I think I've signed him for the last three versions of FM because he's willing to come to relatively low reputation clubs, is reasonably priced and a good age (26-27 in 2017).

I've got Vallejo / Munoz as my first choice CB's on my save then a couple of regens after I sold Mammana for about £20m even though he only played about 20 games for me.

I've also had my eye on Stones for a season or two because Arsenal haven't been playing him, only you will know how well Man City have developed him in your game though. AI is sometimes not very good at developing youngsters, especially clubs like Man City who buy players for the sake of it & just let them rot. Just look at Jack Rodwell in real life. Even Micah Richards who has only managed about ten games in three seasons.

I needed to restart after I deleted my savegame by accident :(

I made almost the same signings with some differences which turned out be great. Grealish came in on loan from Aston Villa and the played a superb season. Assambalonga won the goalscorer award with 29 goals.

Barrels, I signed Dele Alli as well and he played a very good season getting goals and assists alike. He was voted fan player of the year. I can't say anything about his longterm development though. But he attracted interest from several big clubs at the beginning of the 2nd season. I suppose you can get him for around 3.5M? A bargain if you ask me.

With the first Premiership season approaching I've already made some signings to add quality (Balanta, Roberts) but also to add depth to the squad (Blackett, Ajer, Lundstram).

Out went Lansbury for 6M to Burnley and Assambalonga for 16M (which could rise to 26M) to Monaco. I didn't want to sell Assambalonga but he wanted to move and I didn't want to risk the harmony in the squad.

Any suggestions for a striker who could play upfront alone as a AF/F9? Initially I wanted to sign Jordan Rhodes but he was already snapped up by Leicester. Then I tried to get Gabriel Barbosa for 14M but his contract demands regarding signing on fees and clauses (highest earner clause) put me off. Still looking to get a bid accepted for Carlos Fierro. Any other tipps?

I've put my Forest save on the backburner & started Dafuge's challenge as Hereford. It all came too easy with Forest, being in the Champs League after a few seasons & having a new stadium built, I know how it goes from there - the club pulls in ridiculous amounts of cash & so long as you're smart with it, you're challenging for back to back titles & CL trophies within a couple of years.

I decided I need a club to struggle along with no cash through the lower leagues to have a really long term save. My most enjoyable save was a couple of versions ago starting with Mansfield in the Conference, so hopefully I can replicate that with Hereford. If it frustates me, I'll be back on the Forest save so I can win everything & feel better about myself.

I never post and I'm not a Forest fan, but I am into my fourth season as Forest and must say it's one of the best saves I have had in years.

I managed to get Champions League qualification in season 3 after scraping europa in season 2 by virtue of fa cup finalists been top 4.

I decided to go down a route of signing English players only after season two. Two exceptional buys been Barkley and Caulker. Think my aim is to get England job and win a cup with my club team. Obviously a win in the league and cups with Forest would be nice too!!

Only problem with this is strikers, I cannot get or afford the Rooney or Sturridge, and really could do with a consistent English goal scorer. I have Harry Kane and Wickham, Kane is good but Wickham just doesn't seem to cut it so far and I keep going back to Sagbo who I signed in my first season.

I too get a new stadium, set for completion June 2019, im currently Nov 2017.

• 3 weeks later...
I never post and I'm not a Forest fan, but I am into my fourth season as Forest and must say it's one of the best saves I have had in years.

I managed to get Champions League qualification in season 3 after scraping europa in season 2 by virtue of fa cup finalists been top 4.

I decided to go down a route of signing English players only after season two. Two exceptional buys been Barkley and Caulker. Think my aim is to get England job and win a cup with my club team. Obviously a win in the league and cups with Forest would be nice too!!

Only problem with this is strikers, I cannot get or afford the Rooney or Sturridge, and really could do with a consistent English goal scorer. I have Harry Kane and Wickham, Kane is good but Wickham just doesn't seem to cut it so far and I keep going back to Sagbo who I signed in my first season.

I too get a new stadium, set for completion June 2019, im currently Nov 2017.

I agree man, I had my best save ever with Forest on FM14 and I'm loving my save on this years too. Great you're getting a new stadium, what are they calling it and what is the capacity do you know?

I had City Ground expanded to 46,000 on FM14 which was cool.

Hello Forest lot, I'm not a Forest fan but I lived in Nottingham for years and have always had a soft spot for them. Anyway, just thought I would share with you guys.. I've seen a few of you have signed Víctor Valdés but I managed to get him in The Championship in December 2014, was dead chuffed. He's my highest earner by miles but I don't care.

ScreenShot2015-01-04at145836_zps67e0831c.jpg

Here's my transfer history so far, as you can see I've had quite a clear out..

OUTS - Hobbs I think is too slow, Reid kept moaning about everything and he was doing my nut in, Vaughan I thought I would save on the wage budget and the rest I would consider deadwood. Also selling Matty Fryatt in January as again, high earner and not playing enough really.

INS - Henley from Blackburn has been great DRL but play as RB, Grealish has been superb (seen a lot of you have got him too, silly not to really), Carlos Fernandez from Sevilla has been a revelation; only 18 but scores for fun, him and Assombalonga are deadly up top together, Coquelin has been very good, solid as a rock with Cohen/Lansbury in the middle.

ScreenShot2015-01-04at150724_zps33216909.jpg

Interested to hear how everyone has been doing too.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, so here is the league table of my first season back in the Premier League. Well chuffed with 3rd place, Champions League on it's way!

Also having City Ground expanded to 46,000 but am having to play at The Ricoh Arena for a season, wouldn't want that IRL of course.

ScreenShot2015-01-18at183005_zps92a30487.jpg

Ive had a few failed failed Forest saves on this years game but I really do want a successful long term one with them. They are the only team that are tempting me atm. I've never been able to get anything going tactically with them sadly. And help is appreciated chaps.

Ive had a few failed failed Forest saves on this years game but I really do want a successful long term one with them. They are the only team that are tempting me atm. I've never been able to get anything going tactically with them sadly. And help is appreciated chaps.

I'm using a tweaked version of Mr U Rosler's Apex Predator tactic, give it a go man. Well worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm in 3rd Season with the Forest and now I'm having some trouble to get to the top5.

I'm using a 4-4-2 Classic with normal mentallity, and I ended last season in 11 position. Now I'm in February in 6 to 8 place (we have all the same points), but don't know what to do to go to the next step.

GK (GK-D): Hansen / Cleiton (Brazilian keeper)

RD (FB-S): Gino Peruzzi / Donati

CD (CD-B & CD-C): Stefan Strandberg (block) / Eric Dier (1st starter Cover) / Erik Sviatchenko (1st starter block / 2nd blocker) / Tyler Blackett

LD (FB-A): Ylli Sallahi / Gino Peruzzi

RM (W-A): Michael Antonio / Stephen McLaughlin

CM (B2B-S): Nick Powell / Cohen

CM (DLP-D): Youri Tielemans / Adrien Rabiot

LM (WM-S): Dave Hoyt / Sergiy Bolbat (training to be RM to)

ST (DLF-S): Cauley Woodrow / Martin Ødegaard

ST (AF-A): Britt Assombalonga / Martin Ødegaard

Lost the carling cup at the semi final and in the FA against Tottenham almost at the semi final.

Now some players want to exit to other teams, lower or equal in the barclays position...

Wow, 4th season could not have gone much better! Won the league & Champions League (against Real Madrid in the final!)

League was won on the last game of the season, I was 1 pt ahead of United & because Derby beat them it didn't matter that I lost to Liverpool at Anfield. Great getting a helping hand from your main rival :D

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-09%20at%2021.20.58_zps65n2fxz8.jpg

It's possible to share the teams and tactics?

I'm using a tweaked version of Mr U Rosler's ATP tactic which you can find in the tactics forum, it works a treat. My main tweak is changing from "Fluid" to "Flexible".

I will share my team in a bit, it's not that special really they just click really well.

I saw that tactic, but I think that I don't have the players to be BWM (Nick Powell / Cohen / Youri Tielemans / Adrien Rabiot). At start I had a BWM instead of BBM, but I find dificult to hire good BWM... don't know why.

I thought that too but I have James Ward-Prowse (got him cheap as Saints were relegated) as the BWM/Support & he works a treat, the Defensive role has been a bit of a revolving door - 5th season in & I'm giving Bruno Zucillini a go. Have also tried Fellaini (was awful, got 10 yellows & 2 reds in about 14 games), Darren Fletcher & Ramires.

After winning the Championship and Capital One Cup I am Just starting our first season back in the big time.

Season Nottingham Forest 15-16

Vision

My vision for the club is to gain stability within the Premier League and then look to consistently get in to the European places. We are already in the Europa League qualifying rounds courtesy of our Capital One Cup success last season. I want to look at trying to have the nucleus of the squad made up of English / British players, however if the right player becomes available to us I will endeavour to sign. I would also like us to have an affiliation with a European club to enable us to send our player's to experience football in Europe, we may even be able to bring player's into our club from the affiliation, so i have made the request to the board.

Expectations

League

The boards minimal expectation is for a top half finish, personally I thought it may have been to survive in the Premier League at first asking but the owners want more so we will be looking at top half of the table has a minimum.

FA Cup

Reach 6th Round

Europa League

Be Competitive

Capital One Cup

Reach Quarter Final

Finance

TV Money £57.03m

The board have made available a £40m transfer fund

Tactics

I have decided to stand by the tactics that got us promotion last season, so we will be lining up in a 4-3-3 formation with a narrow midfield 3. I want us to be positive and competitive this coming season with speed and intensity to control the opponent with or without the ball. Last season we did this very well based on Diego Simone's Atletico Madrid but using a different formation than them. I think with the right player's added to the squad we can approach this season with confidence. We created a lot of chances per game last season so if we can repeat that again we may just surprise a few of the bigger teams.

Transfers

Centre back Kelvin Wilson has left the club after we accepted a bid in the region of £3.4m from Queens Park Rangers. A further 20 odd players left the club after we ran their contracts down.

I had identified a number of targets towards the end of last season with promotion in mind. I gave my director of football Paul Hart the targets after scouting and this is what business we have done:

Saido Berahino 21 year old Striker from West Bromwich Albion £9m

Tom Huddlestone 28 year old Midfielder from Hull City £8m

Jonjo Shelvey 23 year old Midfielder from Swansea City £9.3m

Jack Hunt 24 year old Right Back from Crystal Palace 725k

Micah Richards 27 year old Right Back Free Transfer £0

Luke Garbutt 22 year old Left Back from Everton 350k

Patrick Bamford 21 year old Striker Free Transfer £0

Alex Smithies 25 year old Goalkeeper from Huddersfield £4m

Jason Steele 24 year old Goalkeeper Free Transfer £0

Francis Coquelin 24 year old Midfielder Free Transfer £0

Martin Odegaard 16 year old Midfielder from Stromsgodset IF £3m

Eric Dier 21 year old Centre Back from Tottenham on loan

We have also just added Joleon Lescott and Diego Reyes to the squad l

All deals are cash up front plus 48 monthly payments to spread the cost and allow us it little more flexibility in the market has I am still looking at bringing in 2 more Centre Backs to bolster our squad for the forthcoming campaign, I will also look toward the loan system has well. I would like to add an experienced premier league centre back to the squad.

Nottingham Forest First Team Squad 15-16

Goalkeepers

Alex Smithies Eng

Jason Steele Eng

Left Back

Luke Garbutt Eng

Chris Cohen Eng

Centre Back

Michael Mancienne Eng

Eric Dier Eng

Joleon Lescott

Diego Reyes

Right Back

Micah Richards Eng

Jack Hunt Eng

Defensive / Central Midfield

Tom Huddlestone Eng

Jonjo Shelvey Eng

Francis Coquelin Fra

Henri Lansbury Eng

Andy Reid Ireland

David Vaughan Wales

Attacking Midfield / Winger / Inside Forward

Michail Antonio Eng

Jamie Paterson Eng

Forwards

Saido Berarhino Eng

Britt Assombalonga Con

Patrick Bamford Eng

Matty Fryatt Eng

Lars Veldwijk Hol

Pre season Fixtures

We have 4 home games and 3 away games arranged for us to prepare for the season ahead followed by a 2 leg Europa League Qualifying tie which has not been drawn yet. Hopefully we will be able to give all the first team squad plenty of game time during the friendly games.

Home Hannover

Home FC Porto.

Away Stenhousemuir

Home Panathinaikos

Away Barnsley

Home SC Ashod

Away Valenciennes

Summary

All eyes will be on Britt Assombalonga when the season starts 50 goals last season and a step up in class this coming season will be a test. He will be joined up top by Saido Berahino plus 1 other. Huddlestone,Shelvey and Coquelin will be my midfield 3 of choice in what I hope will be a strong combination of an hard working midfield with a goal threat. At the back we should have good flexibility after making a couple more additions to the squad in the next couple of weeks.. The goalkeeper position is up for grabs between the new boys in what will be a busy campaign. The 3 signings in midfield I hope will give us more options has all 3 are very adept at joining in all phases of play.

You can follow my blog here http://thewideplaymaker.com/fm15-the-rise-of-the-garibaldi-reds-15-16/

1st season - Won Championship by around 11 points, out of Carling Cup and FA Cup early though. Few good signing including Balanta but otherwise much the same team.

Bought Youri Tielsman and a few other strikers, Luca Jovic and Lucas Boye, mostly good loan signings, Emre Can and Ryan Betrand to shore up the defence. With the addition of Micah Richards in the defense the team looked solid.

Managed to win the PL and Carling cup in the second season, very happy with the team.

League Table:

hqUVgXC.png

PL Stats:

73VlCS4.png

Britt turns into a complete beast in my game:

0CQlwAu.png

First team

mT8dXl3.png

Not sure how I managed to win the PL with that team but everyone was playing well.

Archived